Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:38 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1056090 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by vallyofpeace: 8:24am On Oct 09, 2015
spykid014:
Hello All,

In the spirit of giving back, here's my POE story... smiley

I arrived New York about 10days ago, but enjoyment and the cold no gree me type since. Lol.

I flew Etihad, because that was the best deal I got for my travel dates asides from Arik. I didn't wanna use arik.
I had a 7 hours layover at Abu-Dhabi, and with the US - PRECLEARANCE located at Abu-Dhabi airport, my POE was at Abu-Dhabi.

I was a bit skeptical about flying Etihad, cos of the horror stories I had heard about POE and the airline itself, but I decided to take the risk, and the first leg of the journey was good, really good.

The flight from Lagos to Abu-Dhabi was excellent, in - flight services on point! POE at Abu-Dhabi was a breeze! Was just asked the basic questions, how long I was gonna stay, which state in the US I was headed and all, biometrics taken, and Gbam, I was stamped in for 6 months.
Flight from Abu-Dhabi to Newyork was very good as well, that I didn't even realise when the 13 hours 50 minutes journey was over. I got to New-York as a domestic arrival, baggage pick up was swift and I found my way out....

New York City has been good so far! Enjoying my stay here, and counting down to my return date. Last week was terrible though as the cold was crazy coz of the hurricane.

Ermmm... end of my story, goodnight from here! grin

Enjoy my dear... wish you a safe stay and a smooth flight when you return.

(No forget to bring goodies oh)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=twingirls post=38806095][/quote]

Exactly

congrats! & enjoy your trip don't forget to buy us goodies when y'ur coming back

most especially PUFF PUFF for LadyG grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 10:57am On Oct 09, 2015
vallyofpeace:

very very Important grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Don't worry! Soon you'l be exco of posters association grin

Teeboy long tym! I greet o! Even me de follow look for chloe join o!

yes o my sister. I hail o.how u dey ?

Where we go come find chloe go now grin

i can't even eat since all dis days angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by john2care: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2015
I have a Valid US visa but I filled my destination to be Houston, Texas when I applied for the visa Now I have a changed of mind to visit Oklahoma City, Oklahoma...My question; is my US visa valid to visit Oklahoma City directly from Nigeria...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
john2care:
I have a Valid US visa but I filled my destination to be Houston, Texas when I applied for the visa Now I have a changed of mind to visit Oklahoma City, Oklahoma...My question; is my US visa valid to visit Oklahoma City directly from Nigeria...
If this is the first time u are using the visa, u might have a tough questions at the POE as why changing destination. During my time, I filled Maryland in my form, eventually went to Ohio, and it was my first time. I was faced with serious interogations at the POE there in Ohio, spent almost 2 hours there, but I had a good reason for it anyway, and I was stamped in for 6 months

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by john2care: 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
belloluddy:

If this is the first time u are using the visa, u might have a tough questions at the POE as why changing destination. During my time, I filled Maryland in my form, eventually went to Ohio, and it was my first time. I was faced with serious interogations at the POE there in Ohio, spent almost 2 hours there, but I had a good reason for it anyway, and I was stamped in for 6 months

Should I write to your nairaland inbox for more information?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
john2care:

Should I write to your nairaland inbox for more information?
U can write here anything u want to ask. Everyone will contribute, including myself
For a first time traveller to the US, its always the best to arrive in the state where u told the VO at the interview. It will clear all doubts.
If u have to change destination, ensure u have a very good reason, especially for a first time traveller.
That's my opinion. Others will shed light on this

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by john2care: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
I'm actually travelling on Holiday with my wife and daughter...flight has been booked and hotel reservation has been done...I wanted to visit Houston around August but holiday was not granted by my Job...That was why I changed it to Oklahoma City because it's closer to texas...any other contribution on what to do?

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
john2care:

@belloluddy answered correctly. Northing illegal but may, remember the word may, face serious questions for a first time traveler.

Now depends where in texas you are going. If dallas/fort worth municipality area, you can rent a car and drive it. It is a straight one high way 35 going north. If Houston or Austine or other big cities in texas it will be a long journey up to 6hrs or more.

Good Luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by seyewest(m): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
twingirls:
My transcript at Lagos, 10am yesterday

Me- Good morning
Vo- Good morning, passport pls

Passed it over, saw him opening the pages hurriedly

Vo- Where are you going to?
Me- Houston Texas

Vo- what for?
Me- To have my baby
He continued typing, no change of expresssion

Congrats and your body language was spot on.. it helps

VO- Are you in contact with any doctor?
Me- yes

VO- Do you have any correspondence with the doctor with you?
Me- yes ( brought out dr fs correspondence, my email and budget spreadsheet and passed it, I tried removing the spreadsheet since he dint ask for it, but he said I shld bring that too)

VO- how do you get to know about the doctor?
Me- A friend he delivered of twins (Sanyoberry na my e friend na?) recommended him and I also went online to check the reviews about him, and I was okay with what I read. (He stopped typing and looked straight into my eyes, I looked back into his, dint know he was that handsome)

He checked d spreadsheet first, and scanned tru dr F's correspondence, re arranged the document, putting dr F's correspondence in the fore front and typed again.

VO- (stopped typing and looked at me) do you have any family in Houston
Me- No, (I maintain the eye contact, shaking my head at the same time)

VO- what do do you?
Me- I'm a lawyer

He started typing again
VO- Are you married?
Me- Yes with kids
VO- Your husband has a valid passport?
Me- yes

Looked up from the computer finally, and packed dr F's correspondence together, passing it to me

VO- keep all this documents, you may need it at the point of entrance ( I started smilling)

VO- your visa is approved, pick it up on Monday @ d circled bla bla bla

Me- thank you ( thinking how nice and handsome the young man looks).

My interview cldnt be more than 2 minutes, it pays to be honest and truthful,he dint even ask all d questions iv imagined. I read thru the part 1 and 2 of US birth and procedure thread, I went further to US visit thread, picked some individuals and read thru their post, I learnt so much, above all, I prayed, prayed and believe. Even though I went with my burden of proof, it wasn't checked, it's all God's grace
Special tanks to Lady G, chloe7, Phema and others too numerous to mention.
I apologise for the long post, I tried to be detailed, so it can help someone as it helped me.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by darisgod(m): 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
My husband is an accountant with lagos state govt ...I run Ma own private biz now we ve a 2yrs old child.... We want to apply for vacation.. We don't ve families in US..... Please what's our chances to get d visa n how do we go abt it?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by brilantio: 7:59am On Oct 10, 2015
I am trying to reschedule my appointment and also change the location from Lagos to Abuja so I can get an earlier date. Do I have to cancel the previous appointment? Because I can't find any option to change location in the reschedule page. Also it's warning me that if I cancel I have exceeded an will have to pay another MRV fee and I have not rescheduled before. Should I just ignore the warning or contact them for a possible solution.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2015
brilantio:
I am trying to reschedule my appointment and also change the location from Lagos to Abuja so I can get an earlier date. Do I have to cancel the previous appointment? Because I can't find any option to change location in the reschedule page. Also it's warning me that if I cancel I have exceeded an will have to pay another MRV fee and I have not rescheduled before. Should I just ignore the warning or contact them for a possible solution.
Do not ignore.unless u have another 32k squirrelled away.
Yes. To change location, naturally uu have to cancel the pre existing appointment
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovettett(f): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2015
My people, happy weekend..does emirate airline engage in preclearence for America bound passengers? I know it was proposed but I want to know if it is now effective. Thank u my wonderful n intelligent people..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by onyebuchiii(m): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2015
hello pls I need help urgently....a friend of mine wants to travel to the US to base permanently. the problem is he dont hv any clue on how to go abt it pls he need info on the requirements like 1 for someone with only waec result which visa package will be most suitable and cost 2 infact he needs a run down of all he needs for the travel to be a success. pls help a brother in need.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by onyebuchiii(m): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2015
hello pls I need help urgently....a friend of mine wants to travel to the US to base permanently. the problem is he dont hv any clue on how to go abt it pls he need info on the requirements like 1 for someone with only waec result which visa package will be most suitable and cost 2 infact he needs a run down of all he needs for the travel to be a success. 3 a cost breakdown will do . pls help a brother in need. ..thanks in advance.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2015
onyebuchiii:

hello pls I need help urgently....a friend of mine wants to travel to the
US to base permanently.
the problem is he dont hv any clue on how to go abt it pls he need info
on the requirements like
1 for someone with only waec result which visa package will be most suitable
and cost
2 infact he needs a run down of all he needs for the travel to be a
success.
3 a cost breakdown will do .
pls help a brother in need.
..thanks in advance.

Is it your friend or you? Please be honest so we can be truthful to you.

This thread is for visit visa only and not for immigration.

For travel to the US "to base permanently" I suggest you visit the immigrant thread here https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s.

The VO is gone but you can read up all 222 pages and you will surely find the answers you are looking for.

Thanks and have a good day. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
vallyofpeace:

I will. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
onyebuchiii:

hello pls I need help urgently....a friend of mine wants to travel to the
US to base permanently.
the problem is he dont hv any clue on how to go abt it pls he need info
on the requirements like
1 for someone with only waec result which visa package will be most suitable
and cost
2 infact he needs a run down of all he needs for the travel to be a
success.
3 a cost breakdown will do .
pls help a brother in need.
..thanks in advance.
just come clean, you're the one not your friend! do u have fam in the US that can file immigration petition on your behalf? do you want to study in the US? I think those are the only two ways you can move to America legally with an O level certificate. or you can play the visa lottery when Nigeria became eligible again. but from the undertone of what you said, you're a potential illegal immigrant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
lady g and co I greet! hope y'all are fine
Re: Usa Visit Visa by onyebuchiii(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
iRyan:
just come clean, you're the one not your friend! do u have fam in the US that can file immigration petition on your behalf? do you want to study in the US? I think those are the only two ways you can move to America legally with an O level certificate. or you can play the visa lottery when Nigeria became eligible again. but from the undertone of what you said, you're a potential illegal immigrant
...I hav an uncle in d us and yes I will like to study and work over there
......sorry for not being plain im actually the one that wants to travel and sorry to disappoint u I dont want to be an illegal immigrant .
...based on this pls can u give me a rough estimate of what its going to cst me.and what I need to do.....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
spykid014:
Hello All,

In the spirit of giving back, here's my POE story... smiley

I arrived New York about 10days ago, but enjoyment and the cold no gree me type since. Lol.

I flew Etihad, because that was the best deal I got for my travel dates asides from Arik. I didn't wanna use arik.
I had a 7 hours layover at Abu-Dhabi, and with the US - PRECLEARANCE located at Abu-Dhabi airport, my POE was at Abu-Dhabi.

I was a bit skeptical about flying Etihad, cos of the horror stories I had heard about POE and the airline itself, but I decided to take the risk, and the first leg of the journey was good, really good.

The flight from Lagos to Abu-Dhabi was excellent, in - flight services on point! POE at Abu-Dhabi was a breeze! Was just asked the basic questions, how long I was gonna stay, which state in the US I was headed and all, biometrics taken, and Gbam, I was stamped in for 6 months.
Flight from Abu-Dhabi to Newyork was very good as well, that I didn't even realise when the 13 hours 50 minutes journey was over. I got to New-York as a domestic arrival, baggage pick up was swift and I found my way out....

New York City has been good so far! Enjoying my stay here, and counting down to my return date. Last week was terrible though as the cold was crazy coz of the hurricane.

Ermmm... end of my story, goodnight from here! grin

I'll be in new York next week. where in new York are u?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by onyebuchiii(m): 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
thegreengooner:

Is it your friend or you? Please be honest so we can be truthful to you.

This thread is for visit visa only and not for immigration.

For travel to the US "to base permanently" I suggest you visit the immigrant thread here https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s.

The VO is gone but you can read up all 222 pages and you will surely find the answers you are looking for.

Thanks and have a good day. grin
..lol
my brother u ggot me ...im d one, I hav an uncle over there and I intend to study and work there but my problem is that I dont knw hw to go abt it better still the cost for everything. .someone should pls help me.
......real all 222 pages? ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
onyebuchiii:

...I hav an uncle in d us and yes I will like to study and work over there
......sorry for not being plain im actually the one that wants to travel and sorry to disappoint u I dont want to be an illegal immigrant .
...based on this pls can u give me a rough estimate of what its going to cst me.and what I need to do.....
when I said FAM I meant father, mother, and siblings. depends on the school. community colleges are cheaper. another way to migrate is to marry an american citizen
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
@LadyGuinivere

As one of the veterans of this thread ....please feel free to start part 2.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by darisgod(m): 3:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
My husband is an accountant with lagos state govt ...I run Ma own private biz now we ve a 2yrs old child.... We want to apply for vacation.. We don't ve families in US..... Please what's our chances to get d visa n how do we go abt it?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
onyebuchiii:

..lol
my brother u ggot me ...im d one, I hav an uncle over there and I intend to study and work there but my problem is that I dont knw hw to go abt it better still the cost for everything. .someone should pls help me.
......real all 222 pages? ?
Yes. Nothing good comes easy.
Repeat:this is a VISIT visa thread.

@Iryan coloured! I greet you o! Make I join una for NY? cheesy

Ok Justwise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
justwise:
@LadyGuinivere

As one of the veterans of this thread ....please feel free to start part 2.

Thank you.

Done.
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

I saw lagos - orlando 250k today. For the felloow cheaposkis cheesy
Pls what's the cheapest anyone has ever flown on that route? Before I'll be waiting e go jump back to 290k

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Done.
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

I saw lagos - orlando 250k today. For the felloow cheaposkis cheesy
Pls what's the cheapest anyone has ever flown on that route? Before I'll be waiting e go jump back to 290k

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.