Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:55 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1056092 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by sssob: 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2011
@ suxx2005 please whats the proceedure for applying for USA visa in Nigeria , its Urgent , step by step,, pls

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2011
sssob:

@ suxx2005 please whats the proceedure for applying for USA visa in Nigeria , its Urgent , step by step,, pls

Usa visit visa right?

1. You go to gtbank and pay for your visa fee
2. You secure appmnt
3. You prepare your documents and ur self for interview
4. You go to interview and get your visa, lol

SHALOM

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
IVORY2009:

Keep it up, u are doing a wonderful job!

Any criticism, we are behind u.

Carry go.

Thanks,

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nwcfinance(m): 10:05am On Apr 01, 2011
When I get my invitation what are the documents I will need to go with to the embassy aside the I.V and hotel reservation?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 12:00pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^^^^^

Ur statement of acct or guardian depends
on the level you are applyig for.

Leave Letter from office or school.

If employed you can go along with your
appmnt letter (though they might not ask for this)

IF married marriage cert,

SHALOM

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
The new Us visa appointment system is quite efficient.I was able to get a date without much effort.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2011
Gbenge 77:

The new Us visa appointment system is quite efficient.I was able to get a date without much effort.

Yeah bruv, its very easy now and anyone could do it.
Visit would have to wait for 60 days and so on for others

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yvy1(f): 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2011
My interview was yesterday. I got the visa but I don't know what they Are giving me till I get my passport back tomorrow. I thank God. The lady that interviewed me was just doling out the visas unlike her counterpart who wasn't giving at all. Meanwhile, I heard that she wasn't giving last week. I think they have a good cop/bad cop act going on. I thank God that I got it. Tomorrow I'll have more details.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by cophild: 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2011
hey yvy, Congrats, Cold u pls share ur experience, Got mine nxt week
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 11:13pm On Apr 05, 2011
yvy1:

My interview was yesterday. I got the visa but I don't know what they Are giving me till I get my passport back tomorrow. I thank God. The lady that interviewed me was just doling out the visas unlike her counterpart who wasn't giving at all. Meanwhile, I heard that she wasn't giving last week. I think they have a good cop/bad cop act going on. I thank God that I got it. Tomorrow I'll have more details.

Whao i am so happy for you.
Share your interview experience please

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by nwcfinance(m): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2011
Can any1 give me any of the conferences they have registered for cos am confuse on which of the conference to go for.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2011
nwcfinance:

Can any1 give me any of the conferences they have registered for cos am confuse on which of the conference to go for.

Hey bruv, Here you go: www.conferencealerts.com and
search for the conference based on your field or interest

SHALOM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LoveKing(m): 11:37am On Apr 06, 2011
nwcfinance:

I'm wondering what these Nigerians are going to conferences for in U.S. Every dyke and harry wants to go to conference lol. Ok i get it, when you get there, You go JAWE (run) lol grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by nwcfinance(m): 11:56am On Apr 06, 2011
suxes2005:

Hey bruv, Here you go: www.conferencealerts.com and
search for the conference based on your field or interest

SHALOM

Thanks for your response. Have gotten the one that suit my field and interest. Your advice please.

LoveKing:

I'm wondering what these Nigerians are going to conferences for in U.S. Every dyke and harry wants to go to conference lol. Ok i get it, when you get there, You go JAWE (run) lol grin

If you do not have advice to give get off and set up your own thread, O.K.

IVORY2009:

wat is your business, if he/she wanna go for a conference Little information about u, is dat u are frm Benin city, Edo State, jerry, I will get u, your family house is der.

Thanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by IVORY2009(m): 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
nwcfinance:

Thanks for your response. Have gotten the one that suit my field and interest. Your advice please.

Thanx

U're welcome man!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nwcfinance(m): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2011
LoveKing:

@Ivory

Shut up fool. Dawgs ready to write "7" for your head. lol grin

That's the problem with you people. You go dey feel like . . . but nothing dey there. Guys wey dey travel with conference go embassy and ask them why. . .

I beg go set up your own thread.

@ IVORY, don't mind the man he's looking for a means to travel out too.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2011
nwcfinance:

Thanx

You wecome bruv.

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yvy1(f): 9:40am On Apr 08, 2011
My visa experience: (where to start from is always an issue), It pays to make sure that your documents are clear otherwise you'll end up paying a ridiculous price to the business centres close by to get a reprint done and stuff like that.

If and when you get the visa, be ready to be begged to 'share the joy' by all the security people

With that said, I'll just talk about what happened in the interview section.
There were four cubicles for the interviewers. On that day, only two were working: cubicle 1 ( the lady with the really curly hair) and cubicle 4 (an ugly chubby guy). The man in cubicle 3 (an Indian) showed up at some point but didn't attend to anybody while I was there.

The lady seemed to be in good cop mode and the guy looked like he had a hangover and was the bad cop of the day.

Of all the people that were interviewed by the lady while I was there, she refused only two. The reasons for her refusal were clear. One was a 7 month pregnant woman who wanted to travel at the end of this month and spend 2 months in the US. She kept insisting she wasn't going there to give birth but just wanted to shop for baby items which she could resell. The second refusal was a young man who was applying for a student visa. He said he wasn't working here in Nigeria and his cousin who had an IT business was going to sponsor him. He said his dream was to study in the states so he was doing anything meaningful here. I guess the lady was having a good day cos she did not really check documents and didn't grill the applicants.

The bad cop: of all the people he interviewed, only 3 were given visas. In most cases, his criteria for not giving was the applicant's lack of travel history and he still grilled them, scrutinised some people's documents and still said no.

Peeps when asked if you've travelled before please don't say 'yes, around the country' or anything like that. It sounds stupid and illiterate. The COs clearly are not asking if you've been to Taraba state or Bayelsa. They want to know if you've left the shores of Nigeria before.

It's a good thing we get to hear the questions they ask other people as it helps us prepare our own answers to those same questions.

Well I was interviewed by the lady (thank God) and I was asked the standard questions which were: what was my purpose of travelling, where was I going to in the US, have I travelled before, do I have any family in the US, was I pregnant (she said it was a standard question she had to ask), was I married, where did I work, how much did I earn (she asked to see the statement of accounts to verify that and I had to defend some of my account activities before she even raised the issues), how long did I intend to stay in the states (I got the tip from here to mention days not months or weeks), what my intended date of travel was and I was asked to go and collect the visa in 2 daytime at the VFS centre.

I was given 2 years multiple, Thank God! At least I don't have to see them again for the next 2 years.

I was told that the lady had been the one rejecting applications the week before and the guy had been the one giving that is why I believe that it is a good cop/bad cop act. People I know who hang out with them at their recreation club GQ on Queens drive, say that it really depends on their mood because they are always joking about how they let their mood determine how nice they were to the visa applicants.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:26am On Apr 08, 2011
^^^^^

Nice write up there.
Wish you safe trip to the states

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotman2(m): 10:56am On Apr 08, 2011
Gbenge 77:

. . . Wow. .
. is this true? Can someone pls confirm this
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotman2(m): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2011
yvy1:

have I travelled before,
. . . Am curious to knw wat ur reply was? Wat did u say to this?
yvy1:

I was given 2 years multiple, Thank God!
. . . Am happy for you!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by yvy1(f): 11:45am On Apr 08, 2011
@dot_man: I said yes then told her when and where.

@all: thank you. grin

@suxes2005: I hope your friend was successful too.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
dot_man:

. . . Wow. .
. is this true? Can someone pls confirm this

Yeah it is very true if you have the time please
do it yourself instead of asking someone to do it
for you

yvy1:

@dot_man: I said yes then told her when and where.

@all: thank you. grin

@suxes2005: I hope your friend was successful too.

Its alright. I'm happy for you as well

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 1:49am On Apr 09, 2011
yvy1:

My visa experience: (where to start from is always an issue), It pays to make sure that your documents are clear otherwise you'll end up paying a ridiculous price to the business centres close by to get a reprint done and stuff like that.

If and when you get the visa, be ready to be begged to 'share the joy' by all the security people

With that said, I'll just talk about what happened in the interview section.
There were four cubicles for the interviewers. On that day, only two were working: cubicle 1 ( the lady with the really curly hair) and cubicle 4 (an ugly chubby guy). The man in cubicle 3 (an Indian) showed up at some point but didn't attend to anybody while I was there.

The lady seemed to be in good cop mode and the guy looked like he had a hangover and was the bad cop of the day.

Of all the people that were interviewed by the lady while I was there, she refused only two. The reasons for her refusal were clear. One was a 7 month pregnant woman who wanted to travel at the end of this month and spend 2 months in the US. She kept insisting she wasn't going there to give birth but just wanted to shop for baby items which she could resell. The second refusal was a young man who was applying for a student visa. He said he wasn't working here in Nigeria and his cousin who had an IT business was going to sponsor him. He said his dream was to study in the states so he was doing anything meaningful here. I guess the lady was having a good day cos she did not really check documents and didn't grill the applicants.

The bad cop: of all the people he interviewed, only 3 were given visas. In most cases, his criteria for not giving was the applicant's lack of travel history and he still grilled them, scrutinised some people's documents and still said no.

Peeps when asked if you've travelled before please don't say 'yes, around the country' or anything like that. It sounds silly and illiterate. The COs clearly are not asking if you've been to Taraba state or Bayelsa. They want to know if you've left the shores of Nigeria before.

It's a good thing we get to hear the questions they ask other people as it helps us prepare our own answers to those same questions.

Well I was interviewed by the lady (thank God) and I was asked the standard questions which were: what was my purpose of travelling, where was I going to in the US, have I travelled before, do I have any family in the US, was I pregnant (she said it was a standard question she had to ask), was I married, where did I work, how much did I earn (she asked to see the statement of accounts to verify that and I had to defend some of my account activities before she even raised the issues), how long did I intend to stay in the states (I got the tip from here to mention days not months or weeks), what my intended date of travel was and I was asked to go and collect the visa in 2 daytime at the VFS centre.

I was given 2 years multiple, Thank God! At least I don't have to see them again for the next 2 years.

I was told that the lady had been the one rejecting applications the week before and the guy had been the one giving that is why I believe that it is a good cop/bad cop act. People I know who hang out with them at their recreation club GQ on Queens drive, say that it really depends on their mood because they are always joking about how they let their mood determine how nice they were to the visa applicants.
congrats,it is widely believed,the visa officers,normally issue 6-month visas(S) to first time travellers.And,maybe 2-years(M) or 10 years(M) to those who have been to the US,previously.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by yesoo: 5:57am On Apr 09, 2011
@suxess&all:I was issued a US 2yr visa&i travelled 3times with it.The recent problm I had was that I was sent back at d port of entry after I was questioned&it was discovered I wanted to seek medical treatment.My visa was cancelled.How possible is it for me to appply for a UK visa and be given with such a passport
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 8:24am On Apr 09, 2011
Gbenge 77:

congrats,it is widely believed,the visa officers,normally issue 6-month visas(S) to first time travellers.And,maybe 2-years(M) or 10 years(M) to those who have been to the US,previously.

Yeah but this days most people that I know are given 2 yrs
multiple entry visa. That's wat my pastor got last year as well

yesoo:

@suxess&all:I was issued a US 2yr visa&i travelled 3times with it.The recent problm I had was that I was sent back at d port of entry after I was questioned&it was discovered I wanted to seek medical treatment.My visa was cancelled.How possible is it for me to appply for a UK visa and be given with such a passport

I guess i need to talk to my boss about it.
Moreover its a red flag on ur pp ,
Let's wait for those who have experience
to share it with us

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2011
@Suxes, can i have your e-mail address?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 9:11am On Apr 09, 2011
@Gbenge

pear_prince at yahoo.com

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotman2(m): 10:04am On Apr 09, 2011
suxes2005:

Yeah it is very true if you have the time
. . . I can create the time but the problem is am not always on d internet, pls do u av d idea of the precise time/date for the appointment to be done. Thanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 11:18am On Apr 09, 2011
dot_man:

. . . I can create the time but the problem is am not always on d internet, pls do u av d idea of the precise time/date for the appointment to be done. Thanx

You can do it anytime any day.
If its visitor's visa, then you must wait
for 60 days for the appointment date. it means
if u schedule and appointment for visitor's visa
on may 1, your appointment date will be june 30 or so

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotman2(m): 11:31am On Apr 09, 2011
suxes2005:

You can do it anytime any day.
. . . . This is interesting
suxes2005:
you must wait
for 60 days for the appointment date.
. . . Are they goin to email me the appointment date?. . . . Thanx a lot.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yesoo: 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
Hi Suxes,hv u been able to enquire from ur boss about the possibility of being granted a UK visa with d presence of a cancelled American visa.Or do u think I'll should wait for the passport to expire so that I could get a new/fresh passport&then I could apply.My passport is expiring in 2years time.pls reply

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.