Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,217 members, 7,849,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:20 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1063532 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by nkkystel(f): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2014
Good day Tzetzefly n everyone! I'll like to know the possibility of my younger brother applying ALONE and getting a tourist visa during their break period to visit my husband. He is a 300L engineering student of Unilag, 19yrs.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2014
yemyem2:
Hi all,
Please I need your candid advice. I applied for us visa in 2008 for a conference programme. Unfortunately, I was denied visa. That is not my problem; fellow intelligent nairalanders. The issue is someone actually assisted me to file the application here in nigeria. Most of my details were not real up to the date of my birth on the passport. Today,as am typing these lines; am with a new valid passport obtained last year with my correct info. And av travelled to few countries with it. Now, I intend to apply for us visa, how can I go about it considering my initial deceitful application procedure. May God bless u as u offer me brilliant advices. Thanks in anticipation.

1. DONT be in a rush to visit the USA regardless of how urgent.

2. Visit other countries in Africa, Middle East, Europe and any other visa issuing nation. This builds trust you wont run away.

3. If you can, take your spouse and kids along.

4. lastly and most important, when you want to try USA, Say the Truth when applying beginning with your application form. Let them know you had lied before in your 1st application and you will never do it again.

5. Trust God and pray Hard.

NB: I was in your situation pre-2014. I had misrepresented in 2004 also. I did the above and i got a visa 2014. It took me 10yrs. But i got it and have visited USA.

So, say the TRUTH. Don't wait to be caught because, they will catch you ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mumsylafinda: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hello‎​ house,me,my hubby And our little girl went for the interview dis year july anϑ we were denied us visa,so we are thinking of trying again can we try dis nov.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2014
mumsylafinda:
Hello‎​ house,me,my hubby And our little girl went for the interview dis year july anϑ we were denied us visa,so we are thinking of trying again can we try dis nov.

Reapplying after 90 days is usually the norm as suggested by the V.O on the other thread, so you're good to reapply. I'll also suggest you share your last interview transcript with the house. Questions asked and how you answered them for you to be better advised.

Good luck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2014
nkkystel:
Good day Tzetzefly n everyone! I'll like to know the possibility of my younger brother applying ALONE and getting a tourist visa during their break period to visit my husband. He is a 300L engineering student of Unilag, 19yrs.

What does your brother stand to gain from such visit and what is the significance of his visit?

Is your spouse the sponsor of your brother's education?

Answering those questions will allow you determine your brother's success.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nkkystel(f): 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2014
tzetzefly:

What does your brother stand to gain from such visit and what is the significance of his visit?

Is your spouse the sponsor of your brother's education?

Answering those questions will allow you determine your brother's success.

Thanks bro! My spouse is not the sponsor of his education. About what he stands to gain, hmmmm... He can also visit some places.
Tze! what if he decides to travel with my mum or better apply for a conference in his field.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mumsylafinda: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2014
Thanks babbs45;my hubby has apply twice b4 And was denied,when we got to d v.o he faced me. V.O- good morning. Me-good morning. V.O- why do u want to go to us? Me- to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm hoping you would have an answer for me. I'm applying for a B1/B2 visa category to go spend Christmas with my boyfriend. I'm a little unclear about how to answer the why are you going to the US question the VO would ask me.

Should I specify to see my boyfriend or just go with generic friend? His letter of invitation suggests we are more than friends and I wouldn't want it to appear I'm contradicting myself.

I would appreciate an answer to this seemingly simple question.

Regards
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
^^Tell the VO exactly what you are going to the US to do.

Whether or not you are granted the visa on that ground is a different ball game.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
msanon:
Hello All,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm hoping you would have an answer for me. I'm applying for a B1/B2 visa category to go spend Christmas with my boyfriend. I'm a little unclear about how to answer the why are you going to the US question the VO would ask me.
Should I specify to see my boyfriend or just go with generic friend? His letter of invitation suggests we are more than friends and I wouldn't want it to appear I'm contradicting myself.
I would appreciate an answer to this seemingly simple question. Regards
Tell them only the truth.
If he is boyfriend then say so, but make sure that you have very good proof that you will return home.
Better to tell the truth and risk not qualifying for a visa than to lie, get caught and get a long ban.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tytayo: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
Pls house i need urgent reply.An agent in america want to help me by sending letter of invitation and job offer from its company.its a genuine and registered agent in America.iv been working for 4 years now.im single.i hav a virgin passport.do i have any chance at all?is it possible to travel to america with a virgin passport despite having a job offer from a us citizen?pls i need ur comment on this.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wildcunter(m): 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hello guys I need your advice and support.I have read a whole lot on this forum as regards US visa.I have applied for a student visa 3 times for my MBA and I was denied.I am now thinking of going for a B1/B2 visa .I don't know if that is a wise decision.I am thinking of going for a conference or visiting a cousin.I need your advice and comments.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by patlead: 8:48am On Nov 11, 2014
Hello All,

Please i want to visit the US on a visiting visa.
A mentor of mine who works and live in nigeria is inviting, she wants us to go on her next trip and come back together.

she visits the US like say 6 or more times a month.

She intends to be my sponsor so i will like to know what documents i will require as i will not like to bug her with the headache of what needs to be submitted for my interview.

suggestions and advises that relate to my particular case will be greatly appreciated
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yummyk: 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hello , my inlaw who is a student in US sent me an invitation letter to come and visit her during d thanksgiving holiday . She sent 2 letters, one from her school indicating that she s a student there and the other one is to d embassy . Although she started in the letter that im her sis.
My hubby will be the one to sponsor my trip.
My questions, is Nov 27th nt too close to process d visa? What other documents do I need to take to the embassy? Hw much should I ave on d acct?
Pls I need reply as soon as possible.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 8:17am On Nov 12, 2014
Greetings to the beautiful people on the thread.

Actually my question is that am planning to go for vacation to the US this december, i just want to know if i would be able to get an appointment this month or first week of neXt month, and i also want to know maybe people travelling during december period always have a great chance to get a visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 12, 2014
Isjaymoh:
Greetings to the beautiful people on the thread.
Actually my question is that am planning to go for vacation to the US this december, i just want to know if i would be able to get an appointment this month or first week of neXt month, and i also want to know maybe people travelling during december period always have a great chance to get a visa.

Last time I checked (2 days ago), the earliest appointment was Dec 11th.

There is no season/month that has better chances than the others.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 8:46am On Nov 12, 2014
Phema:

Last time I checked (2 days ago), the earliest appointment was Dec 11th.

There is no season/month that has better chances than the others.

Thanks bro
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
tytayo:
Pls house i need urgent reply.An agent in america want to help me by sending letter of invitation and job offer from its company.its a genuine and registered agent in America.iv been working for 4 years now.im single.i hav a virgin passport.do i have any chance at all?is it possible to travel to america with a virgin passport despite having a job offer from a us citizen?pls i need ur comment on this.

Yes, you can get a US visa even without prior travel history. My nephew was 20 year old last year when he got a US student visa despite the fact that he had never traveled before.

However, as for your case, are you indicating that they aren't offering you a job but they are just giving you a job offer letter to help you get the visa? If that is the case, I don't think anyone on this Forum would advise you to go that route. You are risking getting ban for life given that the embassy or the point of entry may discover the deceit. Remember, the point of entry may call the company to speak the HR. Watch some episodes of UK border patrol to see how people are caught with fake documents at the point of entry.

In addition to that, there is NO such thing as a registered agent in the US. Is he an immigration lawyer? Is he doing this for free or he just want your money? I am smelling a lifetime ban here. Be very careful.

Have a nice day !
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yummyk: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
yummyk:
Hello , my inlaw who is a student in US sent me an invitation letter to come and visit her during d thanksgiving holiday . She sent 2 letters, one from her school indicating that she s a student there and the other one is to d embassy . Although she started in the letter that im her sis.
My hubby will be the one to sponsor my trip.
My questions, is Nov 27th nt too close to process d visa? What other documents do I need to take to the embassy? Hw much should I ave on d acct?
Pls I need reply as soon as possible.
pls some1 should help .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Vuitton007: 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hello All, its my first time here.
Attention Visa Officer: I have an appointment with your embassy in a few weeks, hopefully I would submit my online form this week and my letters from work would as well be ready.
Am single in my early thirties, have been to the UK four times and to two countries in East Africa. I have been on my oil and gas job for 3yrs now, my annual leave is approaching and this year intend to spend part of it in manhattan, NY. So I am applying for B1/B2 visa to enter the US for tourism purpose, am staying at a hotel in midtown as I do not know anyone in the US, kindly advice and encourage me, I have heard and read too many horrible stories about interviews at your embassy. Kindly guide me as much as you can and asap please. Thank you!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wildcunter(m): 7:37am On Nov 13, 2014
Hello tzetzefly
Hello guys I need your advice and support.I have read a whole lot on this forum as regards US visa.I have applied for a student visa 3 times for my MBA and I was denied.I am now thinking of going for a B1/B2 visa .I don't know if that is a wise decision.I am thinking of going for a conference or visiting a cousin.I need your advice and comments.
Please I need response to my plight if I stand a chance for a B1/B2 visa.the last time I was at the us embassy is almost 2 years...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Vicobaba123: 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hello house, pls I need your help, I am married to an USC last two months and she wants me to visit her during Xmas on a tourist visa . I am a professional civil engineer and I work with one of the biggest construction company in Nigeria and my pay is above 200k, I have 2kids from my previous marriage and my interview is next week. Pls note I have no intention moving to the USA but my wife will be relocating to Nigeria by April next year...what are my chances as I have a virgin passport
Re: Usa Visit Visa by odare34(f): 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Goodday everyone,this is a good thread i must say.the first time i applied for a visa was in 2012 and it was an agent that helped me and i was denied,the second time too i was denied but the issue is in my last ds-160 form the agent filled in the form that i am married.am planning to reapply next year please what are my chances as i wont be able to change anything on my ds-160 form.please i need an urgent reply.thanks house
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
odare34:
Goodday everyone,this is a good thread i must say.the first time i applied for a visa was in 2012 and it was an agent that helped me and i was denied,the second time too i was denied but the issue is in my last ds-160 form the agent filled in the form that i am married.am planning to reapply next year please what are my chances as i wont be able to change anything on my ds-160 form.please i need an urgent reply.thanks house

Are you married? Inconsistency on visa application can lead to permanent bar.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Demonstrate you will return to Nigeria. Also that you will observe the conditions of B1/B2 visa. With these, you will be issued a visa.

wildcunter:
Hello tzetzefly
Please I need response to my plight if I stand a chance for a B1/B2 visa.the last time I was at the us embassy is almost 2 years...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
Tell the truth when you fill out your new application form and appear for interview. The truth will set you free.

odare34:
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
wildcunter:
Hello tzetzefly

2years is sufficient time to have a change in circumstance. If you have a solid economic situation back home to return to, then you should have nothing to worry about.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
Vicobaba123:
Hello house, pls I need your help, I am married to an USC last two months and she wants me to visit her during Xmas on a tourist visa . I am a professional civil engineer and I work with one of the biggest construction company in Nigeria and my pay is above 200k, I have 2kids from my previous marriage and my interview is next week. Pls note I have no intention moving to the USA but my wife will be relocating to Nigeria by April next year...what are my chances as I have a virgin passport
Demonstrate sufficient ties to Nigeria with a consistent detail on your relationship and kids. You're almost home free with this.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by yummyk: 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
yummyk:

pls some1 should help .
Hello this is my 2nd time of reposting this. Pls help me.....!

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.