Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1063320 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 8:45pm On May 12, 2015
spykid014:
Hello all.

Please for those who have attended interviews at the Lagos Embassy, are the business center guys(ie the people who take passport photos) there as early as 6.30am? Or I should take the passport before visiting the embassy?

Daluu ńù!
Pls take your passport photographs from home. Those guys will mislead u, claiming to help u. Pls avoid them completely, and don't even have anything to do with them at all pls. Its like if they talk to u set, u he denied automatically. Pls avoid any dealings with them completely if u want to get a visa, even if they greet u, don't answer them
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 8:49pm On May 12, 2015
tayoamos:

Pls take your passport photographs from home. Those guys will mislead u, claiming to help u. Pls avoid them completely, and don't even have anything to do with them at all pls. Its like if they talk to u set, u he denied automatically. Pls avoid any dealings with them completely if u want to get a visa

Lol. Thank you Tayo.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 8:52pm On May 12, 2015
spykid014:

Lol. Thank you Tayo.
Serious. If they greet u, don't answer them, just snub them. Everyone who came for interview today who had contact with them, either for passport photographs or something else were all denied today in Lagos. I don't know if na jazz. Thank god we snubbed them and my wife got her visa in less than a minute
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 9:05pm On May 12, 2015
tayoamos:

Serious. If they greet u, don't answer them, just snub them. Everyone who came for interview today who had contact with them, either for passport photographs or something else were all denied today in Lagos. I don't know if na jazz. Thank god we snubbed them and my wife got her visa in less than a minute

Wow! Are for real? Lmao! Must be some sort of jazz or something. I'll do as you've said biko! Thanks again.

Congrats to your wifey.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Chrizizon: 9:46pm On May 12, 2015
Thanks a lot @chloe7 n @ladyGuinivere..I was thinking the same too...though d airline made d whole arrangements..so I wasn't too sure
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 12, 2015
tayoamos:

I think it's just ur perception towards them because this post got me laughing seriously cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 12, 2015
Chrizizon:
Thanks a lot @chloe7 n @ladyGuinivere..I was thinking the same too...though d airline made d whole arrangements..so I wasn't too sure
what country was that if I may ask?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vitus101: 9:59pm On May 12, 2015
vitus101:
Good afternoon house, I want to travel to the Us for an annual musical festival. I'm self employed (handling my father's biz), engaged,my wedding is in Nov,I have a landed property. I make about a 120k per month. I'll make hotel reservation and I'm in touch with a ticket seller. I'll sponsor the trip and I don't intend to spend more than 8 days. Now, I want the gurus in the house to analyze the condtions and tell me the possible outcome of an interview with a US VO. My regards
vitus101:
Good afternoon house, I want to travel to the Us for an annual musical festival. I'm self employed (handling my father's biz), engaged,my wedding is in Nov,I have a landed property. I make about a 120k per month. I'll make hotel reservation and I'm in touch with a ticket seller. I'll sponsor the trip and I don't intend to spend more than 8 days. Now, I want the gurus in the house to analyze the condtions and tell me the possible outcome of an interview with a US VO. My regards
vitus101:
why are you guys ignoring my question na?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Chrizizon: 8:36am On May 13, 2015
chloe7:
what country was that if I may ask?

Ethiopia
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 10:30am On May 13, 2015
tayoamos:

Pls take your passport photographs from home. Those guys will mislead u, claiming to help u. Pls avoid them completely, and don't even have anything to do with them at all pls. Its like if they talk to u set, u he denied automatically. Pls avoid any dealings with them completely if u want to get a visa, even if they greet u, don't answer them

I disagree...I use them all the time. From US Embassy in Lagos to VFS in Lekki and Ikeja and now Telepeformance. I use them for passport photographs and photocopies...no more.

They can have as much impact as you allow them on your application. It's just a photograph, don't think too hard about it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 11:08am On May 13, 2015
chloe7:
my [/b]husband is delta igbo o!p[b] When I asked him he said I should reply mbanu,
Well, i'm fine o we thank God for life, I still never go buy form o

hmmmmmmm
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 13, 2015
Chrizizon:

Ethiopia
I still feel you have entered there before in my opinion, since you entered the city and got stamped in.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 13, 2015
thegreengooner:

I disagree...I use them all the time. From US Embassy in Lagos to VFS in Lekki and Ikeja and now Telepeformance. I use them for passport photographs and photocopies...no more.

They can have as much impact as you allow them on your application. It's just a photograph, don't think too hard about it.
me sef o I use them for passport photographs especially whenever I want to renew my uk visa because I always lost my passport photographs and I have never been refused visa in the uk embassy.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mrsoje(f): 12:43pm On May 13, 2015
Dear All,
Quick one, i have an existing visa which i got last year August 2014, i didnt use it again because the period i scheduled my vacation elapsed before i got my pprt back due to the embassy techncial problem last year. i had my babyin december. i will like to go rescheduled my vacation for this year please what are my chances of getting a visa for my daughter and what are the documents i will needing your prompt response is highly appreciated.
regards,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 12:55pm On May 13, 2015
thegreengooner:

That's my own opinion. Anyone who go thro them get denied
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2015
tayoamos:

That's my own opinion. Anyone who go thro them get denied

Go through, take advice, and take photographs are not the same thing.

Were you denied?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 1:18pm On May 13, 2015
thegreengooner:

Go through, take advice, and take photographs are not the same thing.

Were you denied?
I never needed them for anything, not even for photographs. so, I got my visa and my wife too.
Ever other people who had contacts with them got a straight denial. Shikenah
Yes they can have impacts on your application, I mean a negative impact, yes I agree with u.
But believe me, they are worst than those called agents. They will mislead u, ask u to staple all your passports on your forms so that when u get inside, u get into trouble. 3 of them told someone yesterday that he can give him a package of us visa that they have a link inside the embassy and it will coat 500k...... Silly people
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bankwo7(f): 2:50pm On May 13, 2015
Dear house,just had my interview,9.00 appointment. They collected my passport,and gave me the white paper. Thank God and to you all. smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 13, 2015
Bankwo7:
Dear house,just had my interview,9.00 appointment. They collected my passport,and gave me the white paper. Thank God and to you all. smiley

I aslo thank God for you. Can you share how your interview went through.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:59pm On May 13, 2015
OMG! Tayo your post killed me here. Mbok let's not take superstitions to the next level! Chaiii. The year U.S finally gree me visa, na with them I snap. I wowo for the pix sha...

Mrs Oje you can travel whenever you decide as long as you have a valid visa but yoi must be prepared for the questions why you didn't travel then and why now.

Vitus frankly the reason why I didn't answer your question was that the way it was couched just hard me ...
If you can do me a favout, 1. Read the thread and see instances of people that got and weigh your chances.

However my personal opinion : what I hear is you are unmarried, in your father's employ and going for something that you will not benefit from nor add value to. I don't know how old u are nor your travel history. In my opinion, I am not swayed that you have a very high chance from the info I have so far...(My opinion o nna!)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 13, 2015
LadyGuinivere you are sighted shocked wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bankwo7(f): 7:00pm On May 13, 2015
@Chloe
Me- Goodmorning
VO-Gmorning
VO-where in the US are u going
Me- virginia
VO-what are you going for
Me- am going on vacation with my spouse
Vo-whats your husbands first name
Me- I told her
Vo- have you travelled outside the country.
Me-yes,to India,I tended to my mother while she had her knee replacement surgery
Vo-do u have children
Me-yes,3boys and said their ages
She then told me my visa will be ready in 3 working days,and handed the white paper to me without checking any document I came with. The interview was fast and so relaxing.
Most importantly be truthful and maintain eye contact. God will work the rest.
My husband had 2year visa in 2010,he made use of it only once in 2O11 and didn't qualify for drop box because he never renewed it.
He applied afresh last in March this year,& they issued him another 2year,so they already have his data in their system.

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bankwo7(f): 9:25am On May 14, 2015
The Vo also asked if am working and how long I plan on staying, to whiich I answered am a house wife and 14 days respectively.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Chrizizon: 9:26am On May 14, 2015
chloe7:
I still feel you have entered there before in my opinion, since you entered the city and got stamped in.

Thats my thinking too..although u need a visa to get in there, my passport was stamped in and out by their immigration, the airline offers accommodation for passengers who would stop over for more than 24 hrs
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mrsoje(f): 10:40am On May 14, 2015
@ LadyLadyGuinivere thanks for your reply,
my question is now i want to get a visa for my 6 month old daughter what are the procedures, what are my chances? when i got my visa last year august no question was asked about my pregnancy. Just wanting to know if any matter might arise in the event of getting a visa for her, also what are the documents i will needing at the embassy. please gurus in the house your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Mrs Oje you can travel whenever you decide as long as you have a valid visa but yoi must be prepared for the questions why you didn't travel then and why now.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:28pm On May 14, 2015
mrsoje:
@ LadyLadyGuinivere thanks for your reply,
my question is now i want to get a visa for my 6 month old daughter what are the procedures, what are my chances? when i got my visa last year august no question was asked about my pregnancy. Just wanting to know if any matter might arise in the event of getting a visa for her, also what are the documents i will needing at the embassy. please gurus in the house your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

If you have a valid visa and you wanna travel with your underage child, I saee no issues with it. The child's chances are quite high. Try filliing the ds 160 whether she qualifies for drop box. Birth certificate, consent letter from her father. Dassal.

Chloe nwa! Biko which one be sighed?!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bornequally: 5:38pm On May 14, 2015
Please can someone give me the conferences Web Site
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

If you have a valid visa and you wanna travel with your underage child, I saee no issues with it. The child's chances are quite high. Try filliing the ds 160 whether she qualifies for drop box. Birth certificate, consent letter from her father. Dassal.

Chloe nwa! Biko which one be sighed?!
Nne na sighted I write, na greeting be that now,dont be old school abeg, so I was going to say I finally buy form today and schedule appointment today and my appointment is for 10th of June 8am. grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Chrizizon: 7:33pm On May 14, 2015
Hello my real people in here

Anotha Advice needed plz:

Planning to go to d USA this time. I have travel history; had traveled to india 3 times for business, once to UK(visit), Egypt(study), Kenya(tour) and Ethiopia(transit but stamped in and out). Have 2 unused visas n 2 refusal stamps

Not married. About 780k naira balance in savings acc at the moment.
I own a registered business. Don't know any one in the USA. Now I plan to visit the US for Business tourism/attending an expo; basically I want to go there to interact and make contacts with some companies I had contacted b4 via online, my intention is to make future export business deals with those companies of their products.

My question now is can I just book a hotel reservation in the same city where those companies are (same city where the expo is taking place) use it as my point of contact in USA and tell the VO my intentions even though no official invitation from the companies and do u think my reason for going hold any water since no IV's from those companies. Also d expo is happening in d same city where all d companies are and what I deal in is related with what the companies offer..n d expo

Any piece of Advice on this..Thanks in anticipation
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:25am On May 15, 2015
chloe7:
Nne na sighted I write, na greeting be that now,dont be old school abeg, so I was going to say I finally buy form today and schedule appointment today and my appointment is for 10th of June 8am. grin
Yipee ya yoooo! Countdown to June 8!
Nne m ooo I am an old woman oooo cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by donkarly(m): 7:38am On May 15, 2015
Hello guys,I'm filling the ds160 form..my brother is inviting me,she's a citizen.there's a section that asks if either of your parents is in d US;my mom is,and she's a green card holder. I don't know if saying yes will have a negative effect on my application, pls make una help..

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.