Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060655 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 26, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Gbam! We paid 80k extra for me and oga this february as I wan change date from Turkey.
Ekpotek is correct. Skyscanner compares for u.
Tayo u can either search for skyscanner through your web browser or download the app. I prefer d 2nd option cos its always handy.
Chloe I think what worry meant is that denial under 214b simply states the VO wasn't convinced u would return. However I agree with you, UK will for example tell you ' guy, ur salary na 150k. U de save average of 60k monthly. Then 3 weeks to ur interview u deposit N2.5m. Shuo! Where from? Based on that, we no believe say your way pure. So we no de give u visa' cheesy
Btw this was Exactly the way UK bounced me, in wafi style. Lol
Now in the above situation, you know what your issue is and you address it next time. However with US, you guess. Which is why it is imperative to read this thread well and get tips
exactly what I was driving at, worry just comes up and tries to force whatever he says down your throat like you don't know what you are saying, when the uk embassy refuses they will even do exchange rate calculations for you and tell you the main reason for the refusal and etc but the US you don't know the exact thing you only know that you have to prove ties but you don't know the exact thing to address, you just keep guessing.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 26, 2015
LadyGuinivere wakanow asked me for about 160k to change dates when I was traveling to the uk in april ,my sister I couldn't spare at all I had to squeeze and travel like that and it was really inconvenient.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 5:47pm On May 26, 2015
tayoamos:

How can I make use of sky scanner please

http://www.skyscanner.net/
You can also download the app at apple store, google play, and windows store.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 6:11pm On May 26, 2015
chloe7:
LadyGuinivere wakanow asked me for about 160k to change dates when I was traveling to the uk in april ,my sister I couldn't spare at all I had to squeeze and travel like that and it was really inconvenient.
@Chloe7: I used to patronise travel agents in my earlier traveling days as I did not have information that I have now. All these T/A are there to rip innocent travellers off. I once made a booking on Wakanow in 2012 to UK, paid the money into their bank account only for them to request for my visa page before the can issue me the ticket. They even treathen to cancel my reservation if I don't send my UK visa page on time. Since then I avoided them like a plague. To change date on KLM is $200, Arik is N25000 from Nigeria and £120 from UK. Quarter air is $60. So if you are not sure of your travel dates, but directly with the airline, beside there fare is cheaper compared to those TAs.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 26, 2015
ekpotek:

@Chloe7: I used to patronise travel agents in my earlier traveling days as I did not have information that I have now. All these T/A are there to rip innocent travellers off. I once made a booking on Wakanow in 2012 to UK, paid the money into their bank account only for them to request for my visa page before the can issue me the ticket. They even treathen to cancel my reservation if I don't send my UK visa page on time. Since then I avoided them like a plague. To change date on KLM is $200, Arik is N25000 from Nigeria and £120 from UK. Quarter air is $60. So if you are not sure of your travel dates, but directly with the airline, beside there fare is cheaper compared to those TAs.
in Dec 2013 I paid $275 to change dates with Qatar Airways, I didn't have an option, when I bought my ticket to the uk with wakanow they didn't even ask for my visa page I guess I was lucky then, also I know BA charges a standard of $125 for date changes and I think Emirates charges $100 or $50 depending on destination, the best advice I give anyone is to book directly with airline just to avoid kata kata I no fit shout abeg
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 9:00pm On May 26, 2015
I tried booking directly with the airline but I discovered it was far more expensive. I called their office and even checked online, it was really far expensive
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 9:41pm On May 26, 2015
tayoamos:
I tried booking directly with the airline but I discovered it was far more expensive. I called their office and even checked online, it was really far expensive

@tayoamos: Which airline and when is your traveling dates?. Sometimes, the fare depends on the connection time. You need to be patient and take your time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 26, 2015
tayoamos:
if you are sure of your dates then you can risk it but if you ain't sure then don't risk it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifax(f): 10:32pm On May 26, 2015
You can also use ita matrix

They have an app also. It's called on the fly
Re: Usa Visit Visa by royalkonsults(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2015
chloe7:
get a new passport, your passport has to valid six months from when the visa is issued, it is better you get a new passport, moreover there is no may appointment available in both embassies again.

my new passport will be out 2morrow! But i have filled DS-160 online with my old passport no. is it possible for me to edit/review my information on the website or i have to create another application? Pls advise me housemember!!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 27, 2015
royalkonsults:

my new passport will be out 2morrow! But i have filled DS-160 online with my old passport no. is it possible for me to edit/review my information on the website or i have to create another application? Pls advise me housemember!!!
you can't use the old passport number and enter with this new passport, both have to tally, so it will be better if you fill a new ds-160 and submit and then book your appointment with your new passport number if you know you don't want to pay two visa fees
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:32am On May 28, 2015
Or call the people na. See if its posible to fill a new one and they swap the payment for the new one bearing in mind u paid ay the bank with the old one.

To the house in general, there are some issues that are technical and clearly only the embassy can solve it. Insteada wasting precious time here, call in and have them sort u out then u post the experience . Udo!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:21am On May 28, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Or call the people na. See if its posible to fill a new one and they swap the payment for the new one bearing in mind u paid ay the bank with the old one.

To the house in general, there are some issues that are technical and clearly only the embassy can solve it. Insteada wasting precious time here, call in and have them sort u out then u post the experience . Udo!
the whole appointment scheduling process has even been made more stiff because now I think rescheduling is literally impossible only if you pay another fees, 31,200 isn't a small money o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 2:07pm On May 28, 2015
Dear VO,
My wife and daughter have submitted their application and have also scheduled for an appointment. I intend to travel with them and so I have asked my wife to cancel the appointment till when I finish my application and that she has done.
However, there are some little problems,
1) Our accommodation will now change as I intend to join them,
2) Sponsorship has also change
3) Earnings for her have also changed.
My questions now are
1) Hope she won’t have to pay another visa fee as she has canceled the appointment although she is yet to reschedule.
2) Is it possible to retrieve the already submitted application to make these changes?
3) if no 2 is not possible, how else can those changes be made to avoid complications
4) Can she fill another application form and use the D-160 confirmation no to book for interview/appointment.
Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 28, 2015
Dyke004:
Dear VO,
My wife and daughter have submitted their application and have also scheduled for an appointment. I intend to travel with them and so I have asked my wife to cancel the appointment till when I finish my application and that she has done.
However, there are some little problems,
1) Our accommodation will now change as I intend to join them,
2) Sponsorship has also change
3) Earnings for her have also changed.
My questions now are
1) Hope she won’t have to pay another visa fee as she has canceled the appointment although she is yet to reschedule.
2) Is it possible to retrieve the already submitted application to make these changes?
3) if no 2 is not possible, how else can those changes be made to avoid complications
4) Can she fill another application form and use the D-160 confirmation no to book for interview/appointment.
Thank you

1. They say you can reschedule twice but we don't have the ability to do that though the platform. Call the embassy help line to confirm

2. You cannot retrieve an already submitted ds160. A new ds160 will have to be created to accommodate these changes . Again, call the embassy because when the new ds160 applications are completed, you'll need to inform them via email of the new application numbers together with your passport data page.

When you do this they will update her appointment profile with the new application numbers. It takes about 2days. Make sure you're mailing them with the mail used to book the appointment

4. Doing this means you want to pay new visa fees. Or?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 3:12pm On May 28, 2015
Thanks for your comments
I have been trying to call them but i cant get through to their agent. its only recorded massage i keep on getting
I don't know if there is another line other than this 23414406218
your no 4 comment, do you mean i will have to pay another visa fee for my wife for cancelling the appointment?
Zelinjo:

1. They say you can reschedule twice but we don't have the ability to do that though the platform. Call the embassy help line to confirm

2. You cannot retrieve an already submitted ds160. A new ds160 will have to be created to accommodate these changes . Again, call the embassy because when the new ds160 applications are completed, you'll need to inform them via email of the new application numbers together with your passport data page.

When you do this they will update her appointment profile with the new application numbers. It takes about 2days. Make sure you're mailing them with the mail used to book the appointment

4. Doing this means you want to pay new visa fees. Or?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 4:46pm On May 28, 2015
100dollarbills:

*quickly runs to "view all your posts". Deletes interview transcripts. Sends pm to @overlord77 saying, Bros eh! U go pay o!!! Warri nor dey carry last grin grin grin*

@LadyG, @Chloe, @100$bills my wafi bros, @justice and y'all contributors on this US visit visa section. You guys all rock. Did my interview yesterday in Abuja. They gave me a yellow paper and my passport, requesting for the proof of bills payment of my son. Went back there today and got my 2yrs visa approved.

What a happy day. grin

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 28, 2015
Dyke004:
Thanks for your comments
I have been trying to call them but i cant get through to their agent. its only recorded massage i keep on getting
I don't know if there is another line other than this 23414406218
your no 4 comment, do you mean i will have to pay another visa fee for my wife for cancelling the appointment?

If you want her to fill new DS160s and create a new appointment , you'll definitely pay new visa fees. That's like starting over again.

I know it's possible to submit new DS160 to replace the old one because I've done so and the changes were updated on my appointment confirmation but you can't do this on your own. You'd need to call them to do it for you after filling the new DS160. You'd just provide them with the new numbers and the passport data page of the affected applicants.

I also know it's possible to call and schedule a new date cus I hear some people have done that.

What I don't know if it's possible to add you to her appointment cus you know that involves paying another fee for you. The number I know is 014603400.

They are closed .They will also be closed tomorrow as its public holiday.

So try again on monday
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 28, 2015
overlord77:

@LadyG, @Chloe, @100$bills my wafi bros, @justice and y'all contributors on this US visit visa section. You guys all rock. Did my interview yesterday in Abuja. They gave me a yellow paper and my passport, requesting for the proof of bills payment of my son. Went back there today and got my 2yrs visa approved.

What a happy day. grin
this is good news grin I hope and pray for good news too by God's grace
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 7:00pm On May 28, 2015
chloe7:
this is good news grin I hope and pray for good news too by God's grace

All the best Chloe
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 28, 2015
overlord77:

All the best Chloe
please post your transcript cheesy grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
chloe7:
please post your transcript cheesy grin

Sorry, my bad. it wasn't much but went like this

VO : Good morning
Me : Good morning, how are your ma'am?
VO : Good, hand me your passport please
Hands her my passport, confirmation page.
VO: Where in the United States are you going to?
Me : Tells her the city and state
VO : what's your purpose of travel
Me : Going on family vacation with my wife and kid
VO : Where are your wife n kid, are they coming at a later date for their visas
Me : No ma'am, my wife already has a visa and my son Was born in the U.S..
VO: ***smiles*** Nice, what's your wife's name
Me : told.her
VO: Do you have an estimate of.how much it cost for childbirth in the U.S.?
Me : Dont know the exact figure but I gave my wife $10,000.
VO : Have you got any evidence of payment and non indebtedness
Me : No ma'am
VO: continues typing then consults with One of her supervisors. Hands me a yellow paper to provide evidence of all payment.

This was yesterday, then my wife scans every receipt and sends to me. Went back today and gave them every single receipt

VO: Ok sir hands me the proxy form. Your visa application has been approved, please come back on Wednesday for.pickup
Me : Thank.you ma'am

Leaves the embassy with inner joy.

Note: To all mothers going to give birth in the U.S., please endure to collect all receipts of payment. Do not apply for medic.aid.for any reason, it's bad for Your record cos that's Americans taxpayers money. Choose a hospital you can afford and once again, please clear all your bills and collect letters of non indebtedness.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 28, 2015
Overlord77 quite brief and straightforward, I can deduce that a family man should rather say vacation and a single person should say tourism.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:54am On May 29, 2015
overlord77:

Sorry, my bad. it wasn't much but went like this

VO : Good morning
Me : Good morning, how are your ma'am?
VO : Good, hand me your passport please
Hands her my passport, confirmation page.
VO: Where in the United States are you going to?
Me : Tells her the city and state
VO : what's your purpose of travel
Me : Going on family vacation with my wife and kid
VO : Where are your wife n kid, are they coming at a later date for their visas
Me : No ma'am, my wife already has a visa and my son Was born in the U.S..
VO: ***smiles*** Nice, what's your wife's name
Me : told.her
VO: Do you have an estimate of.how much it cost for childbirth in the U.S.?
Me : Dont know the exact figure but I gave my wife $10,000.
VO : Have you got any evidence of payment and non indebtedness
Me : No ma'am
VO: continues typing then consults with One of her supervisors. Hands me a yellow paper to provide evidence of all payment.

This was yesterday, then my wife scans every receipt and sends to me. Went back today and gave them every single receipt

VO: Ok sir hands me the proxy form. Your visa application has been approved, please come back on Wednesday for.pickup
Me : Thank.you ma'am

Leaves the embassy with inner joy.

Note: To all mothers going to give birth in the U.S., please endure to collect all receipts of payment. Do not apply for medic.aid.for any reason, it's bad for Your record cos that's Americans taxpayers money. Choose a hospital you can afford and once again, please clear all your bills and collect letters of non indebtedness.
Congratulations brother! Such inner joy indeed! Lol
Chloe hope you picked some tips
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:34am On May 29, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Congratulations brother! Such inner joy indeed! Lol
Chloe hope you picked some tips
my sister I don tire, I don't even know what tips to pick..... lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy but i've just been picking tips here and there though... Really this time around I just notice that i'm not so keen about it, asides my hubby nobody even knows i'm going for interview, usually I go dey do count down but now I just dey pray make I no even forget 10th of June. embarassed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 11:17pm On May 29, 2015
chloe7:
my sister I don tire, I don't even know what tips to pick..... lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy but i've just been picking tips here and there though... Really this time around I just notice that i'm not so keen about it, asides my hubby nobody even knows i'm going for interview, usually I go dey do count down but now I just dey pray make I no even forget 10th of June. embarassed

Chloe7...dont worry i guess its when you think less about and careless whether they give or not that you get it...you will get it now...am coming next after your..my interview date is 16th June 10am....my first time of applying for any US visa cos i never had reason to but now am attending a United Nations summit of an NGO i belong to...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:06am On May 30, 2015
gentleiphy:

Chloe7...dont worry i guess its when you think less about and careless whether they give or not that you get it...you will get it now...am coming next after your..my interview date is 16th June 10am....my first time of applying for any US visa cos i never had reason to but now am attending a United Nations summit of an NGO i belong to...
i'm quite hopeful sha and I hope everything works out fine, I also hope you get your visa too, I really don't think you should have any issues, we'll come back to share our visa success stories by God's grace.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 7:24am On May 30, 2015
overlord77:

What a happy day. grin

Bros migwo! grin Congrats! "tho I wasn't asked for my son's proofs of bill payment during my interview, I learnt one would need it like forever esp. @ POEs.

LadyG
Chloe7
Shine Jackie
Fredoricko
Worry

I throway salute o! I've bn on stealth mode lately

#NowThatBuhariIsThereUSAgiveChloe7HerVisa grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:07am On May 30, 2015
100dollarbills:

#NowThatBuhariIsThereUSAgiveChloe7HerVisa grin

please help me tell them o! I don tire for them.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:43pm On May 30, 2015
bebeto2014:
My name is mark, i am a pastor as a worker in the church and also working in a company where i receive 170000 per month, and i was given invitation to attend a world leader training conference in America, please what document will i submit to the America embassy, i am married and my marriage certificate is lost can i go with court affidavit . also the program is October, can i go for the interview next month, also in my passport i have been in Dubai, ivory coast and also i have valid malawi visa in my passport and i will be attending a conference malawi next 2 months, pls what wil i do? what document do i need to use to apply, i am getting the information for my friend, please
You gave details about your self then said you are getting info for your friend.
Whose profile are we advicing u on? Well based on the d profile of the pastor , you need documents to support every assertion you make in the form. So as you fill the form, you think of documents that will be evidence of your job, income, intention in the USA and marriage. Yes an affidavit with wedding pictures should suffice. Yes you can schedule your interview for next month and pray you don't get just 3 months visa.
Do read this thread from the begining and get tips on the whole application process. #nopainnogain
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favouredgirl: 9:43pm On May 30, 2015
Helo VO.....
pls ve this qnt.
ive travelled out of nigeria dubai precisely like 4times with my first daughter and 2 times alone.and not yet with my 2ndkid and my hubby has not traveled out before but we intend applying together as a family what is our chances of getting d visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: chelsea4su(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.