Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,670 members, 7,851,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:18 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1063665 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2013
Xlad: Thanks Gbenge for your reply....I have visited the website you gave me, but this is what the said about group appointment.
Group Appointments
Overview
Examples of groups include, but are not limited to, troupes of performers (musicians or dancers), athletic teams, business or cultural delegations, and student groups traveling together to the United States. Groups must comprise 10 or more individuals traveling together to be considered for a group appointment. Families are not groups and are not eligible for group appointments.
Again, will i need to fill the DS-160 form or after he might have paid for the visa fees?
Thanks as i still hope to get your reply..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 2:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
Xlad: Thanks Gbenge for your reply....I have visited the website you gave me, but this is what the said about group appointment.
Group Appointments
Overview
Examples of groups include, but are not limited to, troupes of performers (musicians or dancers), athletic teams, business or cultural delegations, and student groups traveling together to the United States. Groups must comprise 10 or more individuals traveling together to be considered for a group appointment. Families are not groups and are not eligible for group appointments.
Again, will i need to fill the DS-160 form or after he might have paid for the visa fees?
Group Appointments
Overview
Group Appointments
Overview
In that case,they will have to schedule seperate appointments.You pay the visa fee first,fill a DS form,and then schedule an interview(ie choose an interview date).Even if you fill the DS form on behalf of your dad,"HE MUST SIGN THE FORM ELECTRONICALLY HIMSELF" .Its very important
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dunte: 3:46pm On Feb 08, 2013
Bem_bem: Is it possible to book an appointment by calling this number I saw on their website (234)-9-460-174 ?

Please I want to know the outcome and the success of your appointment after the error in scheduling an appointment.thanks I hope to read back from you as I have similar problem
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 6:59am On Feb 09, 2013
hello house, am here again...iam planning to re-apply for U.S visa within next month March. I was refused in september on d ground that i have no compelling home ties even though i had a job as a finance officer in a company & i filled my marital status as 'engaged'even though i was adviced b4 i applied to claim married in order to brighten my chances but didnt hearken..however visa officer says i may reapply when my circumstances change.. Now i av a biz registered wit corporate affairs commision though its 2months old now and am the owner and director of d company. .also as at my previous refusal, i av a single travel history(malaysia) but now i have south africa,dubai and zimbabwe added to my travel history . I hope am gud to go....am also thinkin to claim married...your advice pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 7:39am On Feb 09, 2013
Hello house,

I intend going on vacation to the US in May. I'm 26, single and I work for a top multinational with income in the six digit range. I have only been to Dubai. I also work part-time with my dad's company as a consultant (though I'm not yet a board member).

I intend to visit friends in California (would be putting up with them) and I'm also trying to schedule an interview with a Professor at University of Georgia, and another at UCLA.

With my profile, am I good to go? Or how best can I prove ties to Nigeria? I just want to visit and come back to Nigeria to work. Please advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 8:21am On Feb 09, 2013
Superbrain: Hello house,

I intend going on vacation to the US in May. I'm 26, single and I work for a top multinational with income in the six digit range. I have only been to Dubai. I also work part-time with my dad's company as a consultant (though I'm not yet a board member).

I intend to visit friends in California (would be putting up with them) and I'm also trying to schedule an interview with a Professor at University of Georgia, and another at UCLA.

With my profile, am I good to go? Or how best can I prove ties to Nigeria? I just want to visit and come back to Nigeria to work. Please advise.
The fact that you work with a multinational,with a good salary is a plus.Being unmarried is a minus.Having a good job is a fantastic tie in itself,but with the US embassy,you never know.Some with very high profiles have been denied,previously.The key is "DONT APPEAR DESPERATE FOR A VISA".Appear cool,calm and collected and the visa might just be yours.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 8:40am On Feb 09, 2013
opsy4real1: hello house, am here again...iam planning to re-apply for U.S visa within next month March. I was refused in september on d ground that i have no compelling home ties even though i had a job as a finance officer in a company & i filled my marital status as 'engaged'even though i was adviced b4 i applied to claim married in order to brighten my chances but didnt hearken..however visa officer says i may reapply when my circumstances change.. Now i av a biz registered wit corporate affairs commision though its 2months old now and am the owner and director of d company. .also as at my previous refusal, i av a single travel history(malaysia) but now i have south africa,dubai and zimbabwe added to my travel history . I hope am gud to go....am also thinkin to claim married...your advice pls
The US embassy do not take kindly to lies or inconsistencies.If you claim marriage,without being able to provide proof,the results will be disastrous.maybe the c.o thought that your job wasnt good enough to compel you to return,coupled with the fact that you were unmarried.If you are not desperate for a visa,which is what they detest.you could wait until you are married before re applying.That is not to say that a unmarried person cannot be issued with a visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by grafikii: 9:59am On Feb 09, 2013
Gbenge 77: Do you have a job,or a you a student?
@ gbenga, sorry I am replying late, I am not a student, I work in my dad's company. The wedding I want to attend is towards the end of April, I want to apply for the interview next week, i hope it's not too late.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VCTROKOYE: 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2013
please, must i apply for visa in the state where I pay for visa fee. The reason why I'm asking is because I want to pay visa fee here in Lagos but have the interview in Abuja. People say that its easier to get Visa in Abuja than Lagos.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2013
VCTROKOYE: please, must i apply for visa in the state where I pay for visa fee. The reason why I'm asking is because I want to pay visa fee here in Lagos but have the interview in Abuja. People say that its easier to get Visa in Abuja than Lagos.
YOu can apply anywhere you want. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by VCTROKOYE: 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2013
If I intend to travel for visiting, which documents should I ask my brother in USA to send for me?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2013
VCTROKOYE: If I intend to travel for visiting, which documents should I ask my brother in USA to send for me?
If you have good travel history use family visit but low /none travel history use conference and study US website for document to bring along.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VCTROKOYE: 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
I have traveled to UK once and will travel again in March of this year with my 2 yrs valid visa. But my twin brother is a USA citizen through visa lottery. He told me he would sent some documents but I also work. I also have good statement of account but I am single. The last time I traveled to UK, I spent 6 days and I intend to travel again for 7 days in March due to the nature of my job. Any hope with this marital status. I'm 35 yrs old.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2013
VCTROKOYE: I have traveled to UK once and will travel again in March of this year with my 2 yrs valid visa. But my twin brother is a USA citizen through visa lottery. He told me he would sent some documents but I also work. I also have good statement of account but I am single. The last time I traveled to UK, I spent 6 days and I intend to travel again for 7 days in March due to the nature of my job. Any hope with this marital status. I'm 35 yrs old.
Having a US citizen brother,and being also single makes your situation a bit difficult.THE consular may assume there idsnt a compelling reason for you to return you will be staying with a US citizen brother and also being unmarried.I dont intend to discourage you though.Apply and see what happens

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2013
VCTROKOYE: I have traveled to UK once and will travel again in March of this year with my 2 yrs valid visa. But my twin brother is a USA citizen through visa lottery. He told me he would sent some documents but I also work. I also have good statement of account but I am single. The last time I traveled to UK, I spent 6 days and I intend to travel again for 7 days in March due to the nature of my job. Any hope with this marital status. I'm 35 yrs old.
Having 2yrs UK is plus but u can apply for for schengen Visa now and u just link Uk with France/Belgium/Germany via Train or Buss with low fee. From there you will have more chances on your travel history but if you re not travelling before u apply for US visa u can go with your UK visa because UK Visa is common nowadays at US embassy.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 6:48pm On Feb 09, 2013
sndrmrtns:
Having 2yrs UK is plus but u can apply for for schengen Visa now and u just link Uk with France/Belgium/Germany via Train or Buss with low fee. From there you will have more chances on your travel history but if you re not travelling before u apply for US visa u can go with your UK visa because UK Visa IS COMMON NOWADAYS at US embassy.
about how the UK Visa is Regarded these days@ the US embassy...
Mhaaaaayn, I could'nt agree with you any better- he should just get a Schengen Visa and pop to France or somewhere from the UK as you recommended.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 6:36am On Feb 10, 2013
Just tell dem u r married and you hav a kid or u r jst married; Dat will do. And also u r just travellin for 5days maximum. @least they hav no way to verify that
Re: Usa Visit Visa by grafikii: 9:22am On Feb 10, 2013
Hello house, I want to apply for a visit visa,
i have an invite from my uncle to attend his
wedding in April, my dad would be
attending too, he has is own visa and has
been travelling to the US for Years.
1. How bright is my chance of getting a
visa
2. My bank account is very light, should I
use my dad's
3. What other documents do I need.
Thanks in advance

I am not a student, I work in my dad's company.
The wedding I want to attend is towards
the end of April, I want to apply for the
interview next week, i hope it's not too late.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2013
grafikii: Hello house, I want to apply for a visit visa,
visa
use my dad's
Thanks in advance

Dude,
Do you have sufficient travel history, like Visa's on your passport?
Cuz Thats about the only Factor that boosts Visa Chances of younger peeps going on visits these days @ the US embassy- embassies Generally.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by grafikii: 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2013
optimus-prime1:

Dude,
Do you have sufficient travel history, like Visa's on your passport?
Cuz Thats about the only Factor that boosts Visa Chances of younger peeps going on visits these days @ the US embassy- embassies Generally.
Bro, I don't have any travel history. I would also like to know if it's not too late to apply as the wedding is in April
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2013
grafikii: Hello house, I want to apply for a visit visa,
visa
use my dad's
Thanks in advance

Available date in FEB/March
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
grafikii:
Bro, I don't have any travel history. I would also like to know if it's not too late to apply as the wedding is in April
if you applied now, you'd have interview dates b4 April.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by t4tharyo: 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hello House
Help! Help! Help!
I filled my ds 160 form today, coz am going for my interview this week. But to my suprise i notice the PLACE of BIRTH on my data page is different from that of my "ds 160 confirmation page"
My "ds 160 confirmation page" shows my city & country(Ebute Metta Nigeria) has my place of birth, while my Passport data page shows the state(LAGOS) has my place of birth. Please what should I do? Before it gets too late.
Thanks..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 10:00pm On Feb 11, 2013
^^ lipsrsealed
oops...
Lol just kiddin, you can always fill another DS-160 if you made an error on the initial one, no need to panic.
When you do, change the DS-160 Confirmation code on your schedule page ok?
Piece a'cake, so dont panic.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by t4tharyo: 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
@optimus-prime1
Thanks for the quick response. Pls do i need to leave the "city of birth" empty when filling the new form so it wont appear again.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
t4tharyo: @optimus-prime1
Thanks for the quick response. Pls do i need to leave the "city of birth" empty when filling the new form so it wont appear again.
The previous data you filled will still be on the new form you will be filling, so correct it with the proper data that applies to you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 6:07am On Feb 12, 2013
I have a registered business name with corporate affairs commision but 2 months old...the nature of biz is food production of processing..now i want to visit the usa by april. Do i apply as a tourist or business thru conference? How do i go about it cos i applied for tourist visa last september but was refused but then i applied as an employee at a company but now am applyin as d managin director of my coy. Thx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 9:58am On Feb 12, 2013
@opsy4real1; Its still B1/B2 Visa category you'd be applying for since you are going for a conference.
Your initial denial was not because of the Visa category you applied for, or will have nothing to do with your present application provided your personal data remains consistent- each application is treated based on its own merit.
Just Clearly indicate the change in your circumstance on the DS-160 i.e that you are a company CEO and other factors that may have changed like your income etc from your previous application.
But be sure to carry the documents that support your claims- company profile, your personal Bank statements etc.
Goodluck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 10:08am On Feb 12, 2013
thank you very much for that light...so pls what website can i get conference listing and invitation from. Thank you.
optimus-prime1:
@opsy4real1; Its still B1/B2 Visa category you'd be applying for since you are going for a conference.
Your initial denial was not because of the Visa category you applied for, or will have nothing to do with your present application provided your personal data remains consistent- each application is treated based on its own merit.
Just Clearly indicate the change in your circumstance on the DS-160 i.e that you are a company CEO and other factors that may have changed like your income etc from your previous application.
But be sure to carry the documents that support your claims- company profile, your personal Bank statements etc.
Goodluck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 10:25am On Feb 12, 2013
There are different Conferences you could attend, but the Idea is attending the one that is of relevance to your profession.
Google for the conference that best suits your profile.
But try this one,
www.conferencealerts.com
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VCTROKOYE: 1:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
please, i applied for student's visa in 2001. Then I didn't include all the names of my family members in my application because I was advised that since they are based in USA, it would affect my chance. Then I was denied on the ground that I could not answer some questions about my school. Now, I want to reapply for a different purpose and I want to include all the names including that of the ones in USA.
Please, do I stand a chance?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by grafikii: 2:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
Thanks peeps, I would follow up on the thread for more advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.