Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060746 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 1:22am On Apr 27, 2013
Henries: NLders,pls I nid tip offs on likely question I ll b askd @ d US embassy,I v bn calld 4 interview on acct of fillin by my wife.she hs sent all d photocopy of all d document she submitted @ their homeland office to me,jst wnt advise or tip offs on likely questn.thank u,guys in anticipation
Is your wife a US citizen OR an LPR?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 1:28am On Apr 27, 2013
Funlady412: I dont have affidavit of support,what i have is just the invitation letter and a notary certificate with an utility bill,i hope dats ok,we also dont bear the same surname cos he is my uncle from my mother side,
Is your host a family member?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Funlady412(f): 8:20am On Apr 27, 2013
Yes my mums brother,we just have different surnames,im his niece.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 8:48am On Apr 27, 2013
Gbenge 77: Is your wife a US citizen OR an LPR?
thanx gbenga 77,her dad won lottery 98,she joined her family feb 2008 bt she com bk home evry year,thanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 9:57am On Apr 27, 2013
Henries: thanx gbenga 77,her dad won lottery 98,she joined her family feb 2008 bt she com bk home evry year,thanx
They would normally ask questions like how and where you met,as well as questions about her family members.So be sure to know her family members very well.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2013
Funlady412: I dont have affidavit of support,what i have is just the invitation letter and a notary certificate with an utility bill,i hope dats ok,we also dont bear the same surname cos he is my uncle from my mother side,
If you are sponsoring yourself you might be asked to present your own bank statements,but if he is sponsoring you,his own bank statements(six months) might be asked.All the CO wants to confirm if you are or not are an intending immigrant.Whatever you do,make sure you dont portray yourself as desperate.x
Re: Usa Visit Visa by frakie: 10:24am On Apr 27, 2013
Pls anyone in the house that knows the way out on this: I want to apply for a usa visiting visa(tourist visa), I don't know if I can apply for study with the tourist visa, because I will like to study information and computer science, possibly computer science in the state. Pls anyone that can shield more light to this. You are all welcome.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 2n2k(m): 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2013
Can someone kindly help

I applied for tourist visa for my family of 6. (we have history of family vacation within and outside Nigeria) BUT

1) I observed that none of our pictures I uploaded appear on the confirmation paper. Only X appear in the part where the picture should have been with instruction to bring 2 by 2 photo to the interview. Is this normal?

2) apart from my wife and I, our children are aged 14, 12, 10 and 4 years. The first 3 are in boarding school. Are the children expected to attend interview also given their age? Especially in the light of 'non-uploading' of their digital pictures as stated earlier.

3) USA is only a part of our itineraries as we will arrive there from another country and depart there for another country. Flights already booked but re-schedulable. However the visa application only asked about the US visit and I only stated that leg. Will the embassy officer see this as false information?

4) I read somewhere here that it is better to leave part of the family behind as a 'tie'. This is not an option for us. We either go together or stay behind together. This I intended telling the visa officer. Does it mean US frown at family vacation?

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
2n2k: Can someone kindly help

I applied for tourist visa for my family of 6. (we have history of family vacation within and outside Nigeria) BUT

1) I observed that none of our pictures I uploaded appear on the confirmation paper. Only X appear in the part where the picture should have been with instruction to bring 2 by 2 photo to the interview. Is this normal?

2) apart from my wife and I, our children are aged 14, 12, 10 and 4 years. The first 3 are in boarding school. Are the children expected to attend interview also given their age? Especially in the light of 'non-uploading' of their digital pictures as stated earlier.

3) USA is only a part of our itineraries as we will arrive there from another country and depart there for another country. Flights already booked but re-schedulable. However the visa application only asked about the US visit and I only stated that leg. Will the embassy officer see this as false information?

4) I read somewhere here that it is better to leave part of the family behind as a 'tie'. This is not an option for us. We either go together or stay behind together. This I intended telling the visa officer. Does it mean US frown at family vacation?

Thanks

1. Yes, it is normal to show the ''x'' mark. Take along your 2x2 passport photos to the interview.

2. Anyone less than 14yrs of age need not be present for the interview. However, to be on a safe side, everyone accompanying you on this trip should come along to the interview for the VO to sight them.

3. Your entry visa to that destination suffices. This is what the CO will want to see in your passport as proof you will be entering the States from where you claimed.

4. Not always true. Your circumstances in Nigeria determines the mindset of the CO. Adopt a calm and relaxed approach, do not appear desperate for the visa...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 2n2k(m): 8:11am On Apr 28, 2013
@tzetzefly. Thanks for the prompt and helpful explanation. I appreciate.

lol at "do not appear desperate for visa". Actually the opposite has been my attitude in all previous visa applications I have ever made. I was always like it is my money I want to go and spend in your country. What the heck. Incidentally I have never been denied a visa and I have never done it thru any agent

Our next vacation is a 40 days stretch taking us to 3 countries of which only 11 days will be spent in USA. Reading people's experience on this thread made me start wondering that if US visa is this unreasonably difficult, we better substitute it with another country. The vacation starts in August, we have not even started processing visa for the other 2 countries which from past exprience we can start as late as 2 weeks to the trip.

After reading your reply, I decided to schedule the interview. I was surprised that suggested slot for us is as early as May 6th. That fast. I was under the impression the waiting period is like 2 to 3 months. That was why we started early.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:37am On Apr 28, 2013
2n2k: @tzetzefly. Thanks for the prompt and helpful explanation. I appreciate.

lol at "do not appear desperate for visa". Actually the opposite has been my attitude in all previous visa applications I have ever made. I was always like it is my money I want to go and spend in your country. What the heck. Incidentally I have never been denied a visa and I have never done it thru any agent

Our next vacation is a 40 days stretch taking us to 3 countries of which only 11 days will be spent in USA. Reading people's experience on this thread made me start wondering that if US visa is this unreasonably difficult, we better substitute it with another country. The vacation starts in August, we have not even started processing visa for the other 2 countries which from past exprience we can start as late as 2 weeks to the trip.

After reading your reply, I decided to schedule the interview. I was surprised that suggested slot for us is as early as May 6th. That fast. I was under the impression the waiting period is like 2 to 3 months. That was why we started early.

The idea is that most Nigerians see the visa approval as a do or die affair thats why a lot of denials have come from showing a negative body language during interviews.

Also the US visa from my own perspective, is the easiest visa to come by. You have the privilege and advantage of facing the VO and proving your case and at times, even without a single document being checked, imagine that.

Recently, there has been a lot of changes made to the visa appointment wait times to allow those in need of entry visas to the US do so without delays, this is a commendable milestone from the State Department.

Wish you luck in your interview.....wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 2n2k(m): 8:50am On Apr 28, 2013
^ ^ ^ I understand.

By the way, has anybody noticed that DS-160 form is not really the same? I filled for all my family members, the details required from me is by far more than from my wife which in turn is more than from my 14 years old child. Also the school detail of my 14 years old is required but not asked from the younger siblings
Re: Usa Visit Visa by aronto: 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
Dear friends, a friend just introduced me to this forum yesterday and asked me to post my enquiries.I'm scheduled for interview on tuesday with my 2yr old daughter at the US embassy and my plann is to have my second baby there due 1st wk in jun.I had my 1st daughter in UK wit all bills cleared and just renewed our visa. How prepared should I be?I have saved for this and a friend is inviting me.I also intend going for the interview with my Hubby.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
aronto: Dear friends, a friend just introduced me to this forum yesterday and asked me to post my enquiries.I'm scheduled for interview on tuesday with my 2yr old daughter at the US embassy and my plann is to have my second baby there due 1st wk in jun.I had my 1st daughter in UK wit all bills cleared and just renewed our visa. How prepared should I be?I have saved for this and a friend is inviting me.I also intend going for the interview with my Hubby.

There is no problem with your intentions for medical tourism (a B2 visa), but the real issue is being able to foot your medical bills which for now, has been officially stated by the US Diplomatic Mission in Nigeria that applicants are to present a bank statement indicating verifiable funds to the tune of $140,000.

If you meet this criteria above and your circumstances in Nigeria is right, i see no reason why your application will not be approved.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hastron: 9:42am On Apr 29, 2013
suxes 2005,tzetzefly and gbenge 77 i need your advice on this.

I am a Fibre Engineer with one of the Telecom giants in Nigeria, My wife won The Dv lottery some years back,when we were still dating, people advised that we lie that we were married so that we could both get the Immigrant Visa,but i did not do that, She has been coming to and fro,she gave birth to our son last November,Now i want to go see my son as i am planning on going on leave soon,I need to know if i can apply and state my reason which would be to go see my son? should i register for a conference /Training that's in line with my job? or can i register for the conference and still states that i also want to go see my son?
I am a first time traveller and also do not need my wife to do any filling for me as my job here is what we still depend on .please suggestions would be appreciated .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:31am On Apr 29, 2013
hastron: suxes 2005,tzetzefly and gbenge 77 i need your advice on this.

I am a Fibre Engineer with one of the Telecom giants in Nigeria, My wife won The Dv lottery some years back,when we were still dating, people advised that we lie that we were married so that we could both get the Immigrant Visa,but i did not do that, She has been coming to and fro,she gave birth to our son last November,Now i want to go see my son as i am planning on going on leave soon,I need to know if i can apply and state my reason which would be to go see my son? should i register for a conference /Training that's in line with my job? or can i register for the conference and still states that i also want to go see my son?
I am a first time traveller and also do not need my wife to do any filling for me as my job here is what we still depend on .please suggestions would be appreciated .

Either way, your visa will not be approved if the CO knows that your wife is in the States on a Green Card. You will be asked by the VO to apply for spouse visa this takes several years to scale through except if she now becomes a US Citizen.

If you have not indicated married in your DS-160 form at anytime or your wife has not filled any form in the States indicating your name in whatever capacity or as the father of her son, then apply as single and maintain this till an approriate time when you both are ready to file for Spouse Visa.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2013
suxes 2005,tzetzefly and gbenge 77 and everyone in the house i need your advice on this please.
I already filled and submitted my ds160 form for a B2 tourist visa and I'm waiting for an available slot on June for my interview....but what bothers me is my ds160 form.
At the space where they asked the locations I will be visiting in the state, I just stated Chicago, IL, is this ok?? or do I need to state the places in Chicago where the tourist attractions I will be visiting are?? Please note I already submitted my signed ds160 form. Does this have any negative effect on my chance for a visa approval or do i need to fill another form
Please urgent reply is needed
God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 11:41am On Apr 29, 2013
hastron: suxes 2005,tzetzefly and gbenge 77 i need your advice on this.

had a similar xperience,ws told I hv to wait for my wife to become US citizen after 5yrs, she cn file for me&i waited.hw long hs ur wife bn there?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:56am On Apr 29, 2013
Asorock 1: suxes 2005,tzetzefly and gbenge 77 and everyone in the house i need your advice on this please.
I already filled and submitted my ds160 form for a B2 tourist visa and I'm waiting for an available slot on June for my interview....but what bothers me is my ds160 form.
At the space where they asked the locations I will be visiting in the state, I just stated Chicago, IL, is this ok?? or do I need to state the places in Chicago where the tourist attractions I will be visiting are?? Please note I already submitted my signed ds160 form. Does this have any negative effect on my chance for a visa approval or do i need to fill another form
Please urgent reply is needed
God bless you

Do not panic, not filling any tourist location in Chicago, has no bearing on the outcome of your visa application. The CO will ask you this question during your interview.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
@tzetzefly thanks for the prompt reply and the good work, it means I don't need to refill another ds160 form right Again at the educational history, I only filled the university I attended without including secondary school, hope it doesn't matter as well
Thanks more advice are welcome
God bless
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
Asorock 1: @tzetzefly thanks for the prompt reply and the good work, it means I don't need to refill another ds160 form right Again at the educational history, I only filled the university I attended without including secondary school, hope it doesn't matter as well
Thanks more advice are welcome
God bless

Why did you not indicate your secondary school, was it an oversight or a deliberate act?

The essence of filling this form is to have your detailed biography and consistency in future applications. If it wont be a problem to you, fill another form and show all necessary details about yourself.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
tzetzefly:

Why did you not indicate your secondary school, was it an oversight or a deliberate act?

The essence of filling this form is to have your detailed biography and consistency in future applications. If it wont be a problem to you, fill another form and show all necessary details about yourself.....

It wasn't a deliberate act honestly, I already submitted the form n was going through it when I read the question again, but then I asked my boss who has been to US and he told me that it doesn't matter, yet I wasn't satisfy so I decided to seek the opinion of the house...in your opinion I should refill another form right ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Asorock 1:

It wasn't a deliberate act honestly, I already submitted the form n was going through it when I read the question again, but then I asked my boss who has been to US and he told me that it doesn't matter, yet I wasn't satisfy so I decided to seek the opinion of the house...in your opinion I should refill another form right ?

Actually you are not applying for F-1 visa so it may not count much. But with these CO's and their discretions you never can tell. I hope they dont view this as concealing information. Why fill a university qualification and leave out the secondary level? It may look as nothing to you or someone else, but have a lot of meaning to them (COs)....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Hastron: the moment you indicate your wife is a LPR and you seek a Visit Visa, you will be denied and advised to fill in for a Spouse Visa and that can take a Looooooooooooong while so just wait till your wife becomes a citizen.
Btw why did'nt you indicate she was your wife(even if y'all were engaged?) at the time she just won the DV lotto?
You would have skipped all this by now.... Anyway you have some waiting to do man.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hastron: 1:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
[quot[i][/i]qe author=tzetzefly]

Either way, your visa will not be approved if the CO knows that your wife is in the States on a Green Card. You will be asked by the VO to apply for spouse visa this takes several years to scale through except if she now becomes a US Citizen.

If you have not indicated married in your DS-160 form at anytime or your wife has not filled any form in the States indicating your name in whatever capacity or as the father of her son, then apply as single and maintain this till an approriate time when you both are ready to file for Spouse Visa.....
[/quote]

thank you.....we have not stated that we are married or submitted any evidence of our marriage,i can't even say she's my fiancee and we have a son? so in my Ds 160 i need to fill out that am single with n child, that's lying ? please i need more advice
[quote author=Henries]had a similar xperience,ws told I hv to wait for my wife to become US citizen after 5yrs, she cn file for me&i waited.hw long hs ur wife bn there?[/
quote]w

she's been there for 2 years, but travelled to Nigeria about 5 times in between those 2 years, I would preferred them to come but the boy is still taking his monthly Shots
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hastron: 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
[quot[i][/i]qe author=tzetzefly]

[/quote]

thank you.....we have not stated that we are married or submitted any evidence of our marriage,i can't even say she's my fiancee and we have a son? so in my Ds 160 i need to fill out that am single with n child, that's lying ? please i need more advice
[quote author=Henries]had a similar xperience,ws told I hv to wait for my wife to become US citizen after 5yrs, she cn file for me&i waited.hw long hs ur wife bn there?[/
quote]w

she's been there for 2 years, but travelled to Nigeria about 5 times in between those 2 years, I would preferred them to come but the boy is still taking his monthly Shots
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
@hastron,

Since you now have a son in between, you will not be able to lie in this application. You need to tell the CO you have a child and i hope you do have his birth documents with you. Because they (VO) will ask for them and the details of your spouse...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hastron: 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
tzetzefly: @hastron,

Since you now have a son in between, you will not be able to lie in this application. You need to tell the CO you have a child and i hope you do have his birth documents with you. Because they (VO) will ask for them and the details of your spouse...

u"re so right ,cos i just remembered that on his birth certificate,,my name is on it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
hastron:

u"re so right ,cos i just remembered that on his birth certificate,,my name is on it

So sorry about this, you will have to try your luck and hope for favour that you will not have to wait years before you visit the States.

Try the conference visa route in your area of specialization, and hope for luck. My only worry is this is your first time travel....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Hastron: if you really want to pull this off (as a single man), I advice you to start building a travel history, and a very formidable one at that... in fact Visacorate your passport heavily, after that, go for a conference as tzetzefly adviced...
A widely travelled individual often sways a CO's attention from binding ties to "What you do and Why you travel"- once it gets to that point, you are basically in control of the interview, asides that... Well God dey.
@Tzetzefly and Gbenge77: You Guys are doing an absolutely, awesome, impressive job here, Y'all truly deserve Stacks'N'Racks of UK Kuli~Kuli from Justwise *giggles* keep it up bro's, much appreciated!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hastron: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your prompt responses, this is the best section on nairaland,so Co-ordinated ,i really appreciate your advice and warnings,God bless everyone of you. Thank y'all

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
optimus-prime1:
@Hastron: if you really want to pull this off (as a single man), I advice you to start building a travel history, and a very formidable one at that... in fact Visacorate your passport heavily, after that, go for a conference as tzetzefly adviced...
A widely travelled individual often sways a CO's attention from binding ties to "What you do and Why you travel"- once it gets to that point, you are basically in control of the interview, asides that... Well God dey.
@Tzetzefly and Gbenge77: You Guys are doing an absolutely, awesome, impressive job here, Y'all truly deserve Stacks'N'Racks of UK Kuli~Kuli from Justwise *giggles* keep it up bro's, much appreciated!

@optimus-prime1,

Tanks for the praise really, it is just our little community service on this forum....wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.