Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,589 members, 7,843,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1063184 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by klas(m): 5:01pm On May 16, 2013
Thank you for the explanation. Tzetzefly.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:51pm On May 16, 2013
klas: Thank you for the explanation. Tzetzefly.

Dnt mention....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by holluwai(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to answer me.

I would like to ask, how long will it take before we can re-apply?

What advice would you give me(us)?

If the others are not ready for the next interview can I or two of us try it?

I noticed you mentioned in some comments not long that the same interviewer cannot interview one twice. That is to say that I will not be interview by this same guy again?

Thank you so much!

tzetzefly:

Sorry to read of your refusal, there are lots of factors that play into this situation:

1. The mood of the CO.

2. Attitude of previous interviewees before you.

3. Your presentation under these circumstances (1&2)during your own interview. This may have taken a similar shape of previous denials by the same CO. He had no choice but to view you in similar light. Do not forget they are pressed for limited interview time.

4. Lastly, your body language during the interview.

TAKE NOTE:
Do not be deceived that the CO is not observing you as he is busy typing on his system. It is a trick.

Your Solution:

1. Along with your other staff denied visa, apply together as a group under the same visa category.

2. Do not change the purpose for which you're going to the States i.e., never apply for pleasure until you guys get the conference visa.

3. Meet with the others and let us know why they were refused visa. So we can advise better.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:36pm On May 16, 2013
holluwai: Thank you for taking your time to answer me.

I would like to ask, how long will it take before we can re-apply?

What advice would you give me(us)?

If the others are not ready for the next interview can I or two of us try it?

I noticed you mentioned in some comments not long that the same interviewer cannot interview one twice. That is to say that I will not be interview by this same guy again?

Thank you so much!

You can reapply as soon as you're able.

The advise i'll give you is that you remain consistent in your application and maintain what you stated during your last interview.

This time around, maintain eye contact with the CO but do not stare, never show you're nervous (this is a negative body language), appear confident and certain with your words.

Definitely, and do apply as a group under the same visa category.

Another CO will interview you not the last one you met....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by holluwai(m): 12:28am On May 17, 2013
Thank you and thank you again.

I am going to give it a month then we will as a group try it under the same visa catergory.

I will follow your advise very much.

Thanks!

tzetzefly:

You can reapply as soon as you're able.

The advise i'll give you is that you remain consistent in your application and maintain what you stated during your last interview.

This time around, maintain eye contact with the CO but do not stare, never show you're nervous (this is a negative body language), appear confident and certain with your words.

Definitely, and do apply as a group under the same visa category.

Another CO will interview you not the last one you met....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:01am On May 17, 2013
holluwai: Thank you and thank you again.

I am going to give it a month then we will as a group try it under the same visa catergory.

I will follow your advise very much.

Thanks!

No problem....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mascotizer: 7:18pm On May 17, 2013
I salute you all.

I urgently need to know how feasible it
is to get a VISA for attending a
Conference in the USA from Nigeria.
I found a conference that suits my
career path and that is definitely going
to make a huge impact on my CV (If
attended).

But my fear is that, haven
read some comments I noticed it is
ONLY Masters and PHD visas that are
most likely given to we Nigerians.

Although I am at the verge of
registering for the conference but I
need to know the likelihood of me
getting a VISA cos it will be so
devastating if after paying the
conference fee and Hotel booking I am
denied VISA (Cos the fee is non
refundable)....that is why I am putting
this to all the Travel Gurus and Experts
here on this thread to pls kindly
enlighten me...I would'nt mine to
refrain from applying if getting a Visa
is not certain and precarious.

Anyone who have ever gotten a Visa
through conference OR knows
someone that knows someone that has
gotten a VISA to USA through
Conference should also pls share his/
her story.

Thanks y'all (Anticipating Replies)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thelonestranger: 8:21pm On May 17, 2013
If you are going to holiday with relatives in usa and you say that you will be paying your flight expenses is it compulsory that you have a lot of money in your bank statement when you go for the interview even though you do not plan to travel until several weeks after the interview ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:32pm On May 17, 2013
thelonestranger: If you are going to holiday with relatives in usa and you say that you will be paying your flight expenses is it compulsory that you have a lot of money in your bank statement when you go for the interview even though you do not plan to travel until several weeks after the interview ?

Your bank statement is just a means to an end, the real deal is your tie to Nigeria i.e. Job, family, marriage, properties etc.

If you have those ties along with a positive showing during your interview, then you're likely to secure the visa.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:37pm On May 17, 2013
Mascotizer: I salute you all.

I urgently need to know how feasible it
is to get a VISA for attending a
Conference in the USA from Nigeria.
I found a conference that suits my
career path and that is definitely going
to make a huge impact on my CV (If
attended).

But my fear is that, haven
read some comments I noticed it is
ONLY Masters and PHD visas that are
most likely given to we Nigerians.

Although I am at the verge of
registering for the conference but I
need to know the likelihood of me
getting a VISA cos it will be so
devastating if after paying the
conference fee and Hotel booking I am
denied VISA (Cos the fee is non
refundable)....that is why I am putting
this to all the Travel Gurus and Experts
here on this thread to pls kindly
enlighten me...I would'nt mine to
refrain from applying if getting a Visa
is not certain and precarious.

Anyone who have ever gotten a Visa
through conference OR knows
someone that knows someone that has
gotten a VISA to USA through
Conference should also pls share his/
her story.

Thanks y'all (Anticipating Replies)

Do you have a stable job, are you married, do you own assets..? Your reply to these questions will give the forum an idea on how to assist your cause....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mascotizer: 9:16pm On May 17, 2013
tzetzefly:

Do you have a stable job, are you married, do you own assets..? Your reply to these questions will give the forum an idea on how to assist your cause....

I am a Fresh graduate broda...not married, no assets but have a sponspor.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thelonestranger: 9:31pm On May 17, 2013
tzetzefly:

I have looked at the application form and there is nowhere mentioned that you declare your assets. Will you then take your home ownership papers there for interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 9:45pm On May 17, 2013
thelonestranger:

I have looked at the application form and there is nowhere mentioned that you declare your assets. Will you then take your home ownership papers there for interview?
You should take documents that may help butress your case along .The CO may ask for them or not,as they are usually pressed for time.The most important thing is to display a positive body language,and answer the questions convincingly.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:30pm On May 17, 2013
Mascotizer:

I am a Fresh graduate broda...not married, no assets but have a sponspor.

If only you've travelled previously for a similar conference abroad, then convincing the CO that your purpose is solely for conference and not immigration, might not be difficult.

A previous travel related experience to either the UK, the Shengen territory and someplace else, would have assisted your application.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nkkystel(f): 9:57am On May 18, 2013
@ Tzetzefly and all, pls I have an issue I need to you to help me with advise. My fiance won the 2013 DV lottery though still in Nigeria, will be leaving for the States next month. We have been advised that he shouldn't file for me that it will take about 5yrs for me to be current after our marriage and that during the process of waiting I can not enter the US with a tourist or work visa. So pls what do you think we can do. Thanks await ur reply ASAP!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:12am On May 18, 2013
nkkystel: @ Tzetzefly and all, pls I have an issue I need to you to help me with advise. My fiance won the 2013 DV lottery though still in Nigeria, will be leaving for the States next month. We have been advised that he shouldn't file for me that it will take about 5yrs for me to be current after our marriage and that during the process of waiting I can not enter the US with a tourist or work visa. So pls what do you think we can do. Thanks await ur reply ASAP!

Remain single as you're even when filling your DS-160 form and your tourist visa application is problem free.

Once you've been fortunate to secure the visa and you're tired of visiting the States, then your spouse can petition for you at the appropriate time. It is faster if he becomes a US citizen.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 10:13am On May 18, 2013
Apply for a b1/b2 visa till you get it. Don't indicate she's your finance/wife.then when u get d tourist visa, she can now file an immigrant visa petition 4 u.

nkkystel: @ Tzetzefly and all, pls I have an issue I need to you to help me with advise. My fiance won the 2013 DV lottery though still in Nigeria, will be leaving for the States next month. We have been advised that he shouldn't file for me that it will take about 5yrs for me to be current after our marriage and that during the process of waiting I can not enter the US with a tourist or work visa. So pls what do you think we can do. Thanks await ur reply ASAP!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 18, 2013
tzetzefly:

Remain single as you're even when filling your DS-160 form and your tourist visa application is problem free.

Once you've been fortunate to secure the visa and you're tired of visiting the States, then your spouse can petition for you at the appropriate time. It is faster if he becomes a US citizen.....

If it's easier when he becomes a citizen, it is still on the 5yr deal. Unless he will join the military and becomes a citizen after 6 months.I think the B1/B2 option cuts off the wait time. But did I read, until she gets tired of entering the US?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mascotizer: 1:03pm On May 18, 2013
tzetzefly:

If only you've travelled previously for a similar conference abroad, then convincing the CO that your purpose is solely for conference and not immigration, might not be difficult.

A previous travel related experience to either the UK, the Shengen territory and someplace else, would have assisted your application.....

I have never been to the US before, this is going to be first time of applying for Visa...But the intended conference is very related to my field. Can I convince the CO dat I just want to gain a first hand experience cos we don't even have anything of such in Nigeria.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Funlady412(f): 1:14pm On May 18, 2013
My interview is wednesday 22nd of may,these are the docs v got.Appointment leta from work,confirmation leta,2promotions leta,pay slips from dec to april,introduction,bank statement,invitation leta from my uncle wit his utility bill,land agreement paper no c of o.Want to ask if this reply is ok,why do u want to go to the US?To use my vacation to visit USA to boost my fashion biz,cos i also hv a fashion home.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 1:26pm On May 18, 2013
Funlady412: My interview is wednesday 22nd of may,these are the docs v got.Appointment leta from work,confirmation leta,2promotions leta,pay slips from dec to april,introduction,bank statement,invitation leta from my uncle wit his utility bill,land agreement paper no c of o.Want to ask if this reply is ok,why do u want to go to the US?To use my vacation to visit USA to boost my fashion biz,cos i also hv a fashion home.
You dont neccesarily have to provide such a reply.Since you have an invitation letter from your uncle,you could say that you intend to visit your uncle and his family,and also for tourism purposes.That is a standard response.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by nkkystel(f): 1:37pm On May 18, 2013
edun.o:
Apply for a b1/b2 visa till you get it. Don't indicate she's your finance/wife.then when u get d tourist visa, she can now file an immigrant visa petition 4 u.

@ Tzetzefly, Edun and Ferdimako, tnx for your contributions. We were advised for apply for the B1/B2 Visa and that when filling the form I shouldn't mention my husband's name as the sponsor and that after I must have been granted the Visitor's visa, he can then file for me and you guys are telling me same.
Thanks alot and God bless you all!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:08pm On May 18, 2013
Mascotizer:

I have never been to the US before, this is going to be first time of applying for Visa...But the intended conference is very related to my field. Can I convince the CO dat I just want to gain a first hand experience cos we don't even have anything of such in Nigeria.

You're a fresh graduate as claimed, no job, no family ties, no properties in Nigeria. These indicators gives any CO a flash light about an intending immigrant.

The CO(s) will be saying to him/herself, ''Hey! why not this guy go to Uk, Germany, France, Dubai etc for this conference, why the States?I smell a young potential immigrant with no home ties and no previous travel experience''.

You also have an option of student visa. I guess you read my meaning.....?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mascotizer: 7:32pm On May 18, 2013
tzetzefly:

You're a fresh graduate as claimed, no job, no family ties, no properties in Nigeria. These indicators gives any CO a flash light about an intending immigrant.

The CO(s) will be saying to him/herself, ''Hey! why not this guy go to Uk, Germany, France, Dubai etc for this conference, why the States?I smell a young potential immigrant with no home ties and no previous travel experience''.

You also have an option of student visa. I guess you read my meaning.....?

Thanks man I really appreciate ur point...I'll see what I can do to improve my chances. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fadinus(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2013
Hello Hous, pls what documents does one need tu present at the us embassy if going for a visit visa. My uncle needs my brother to come for visit.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smithremmy: 10:31am On May 20, 2013
Good day Folks,

i am applying for student visa for the first time and i have been denied twice for visiting hope they wont deny me again cause i want you all to adice me properly cause have gain alot of experience here kindly tell me all you know that will make me get the visa without much question
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smithremmy: 10:33am On May 20, 2013
suxes2005: Hi all,

Each time anyone calls me either from NL or
from referral and I tell them to try the United States
they think its the hardest visa to get in life but this
is not true.

I will like anyone interested in going to usa as a visitor
to state his or her interest here so that i can show you
the way to go about it right here, we will all see the
result of the application here.

I just helped a friend of my pastor to secure his through
searching for pastor's conference for him,

SHALOM

Please when filling student online visa aplication form what address will I put n most question on the student application house kindly advice me
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 12:30pm On May 20, 2013
guys,i want to go to the states with my new wife....i have been there in 2010 nad london 2011...but my wife has no travel expreience....what can i do to boost her chances and what are the first things to do.thanks......and please my passport has one and a half years remaining....can i get a two year or fivve year vissa although my passport is left with one and a half year
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2013
Hi suxes2005 and all the gurus. please help me answer these questions.

Do I fill b1/b2 for vacation purpose or fill b2 alone?

Location you plan to visit in the US? are they refering to places, e.g museum?

Arrival flight (if known)? Do I put the airline or leave it blank?

Departure flight (if known)? Do I put the airline or leave it blank?

Present Employer or School Name? I'm self employed, so what do i fill in?

As a self employed, what should i fill in the monthly income?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:28pm On May 20, 2013
also please contact person or organization in the US. I don't have a contact there, going strictly on vacation. made hotel reservation already. How do I feel that part?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2013
fadinus: Hello Hous, pls what documents does one need tu present at the us embassy if going for a visit visa. My uncle needs my brother to come for visit.
What does your brother do?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2013
smithremmy: Good day Folks,

i am applying for student visa for the first time and i have been denied twice for visiting hope they wont deny me again cause i want you all to adice me properly cause have gain alot of experience here kindly tell me all you know that will make me get the visa without much question
To qualify for an F1 visa,you need to prove that you will return home after your studies,and of couuse,you need to have some good info about your intended course, the school ,and the city of its location.Co's normally center their questions around these areas,and your responses can make or mar you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.