Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Africa Put A Price On Virginity Because Women View Themselves As Sexual Objects - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Africa Put A Price On Virginity Because Women View Themselves As Sexual Objects (489 Views)

Men Are Becoming More Lonely Because Women Are Not Settling For Less (photos) / "Men Are Sucess Objects, Women Are Sexual Objects" - Twitter Influencer / "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa Put A Price On Virginity Because Women View Themselves As Sexual Objects by properties4sale: 10:44am On Aug 31, 2020
Disclaimer: The aim of my post isn't to encourage sexual promiscuity or anything tantamount to that, but rather to portray hard facts as lucid and explicit as I can visualise them without swaying to religious or societal norms, hoping African Ladies can take a cue or two from this.

So, like my topic rightfully asserted, virginity is so emphasized in the African soceity because women and the soceity only view women as sexual objects meant for male gratification, nothing more... my reasons are obvious.

I spend most of my current time in the western clime (western Europe precisely), and over here the women are just like the men, there is societal balance, the women also see themselves as equal to the men, not just in words but they also act it. Both adults run a home, they go out on a date, either they take turns in paying for the Bills or they split Bills, this includes rents, children fees, house consumables. A time I was chatting with a very pretty female colleague at work taking extra shifts (this is a girl that will beat many Nigerian Slay queens hands down, if she gets close to Naija, I'm sure oshiomole and other politicians no go gree her rest cheesy cheesy ) she told me her wedding was coming up and she had a wedding to pay for, so needed extra money. Various times other female colleagues they tell me they got children fee to pay, like they are practically involved in running a home, you get to understand two adults are in a home working together to run that ship. How in heaven's name should a man care about virginity or non virginity status of such a woman that brings so much value to the home and to himself as a person, such a support base.
In terms of marriage, it's two consenting adults agreeing to come together and unite, so no one goes to pay "bride price/dowry" . Had asked a Friend if they accept dowry, she laughed her head off, and was like "probably my mum will pay you for coming to get me out of her house" cheesy cheesy grin . The equality is that intense; women know their worth and act it. You never hear men over here talking about virginity, it isn't what you can even imagine, as it is so inconsequential when they are many other far weighty criteria for assessing credible females.

Back home, angry angry angry it is a totally different game; I believe women only see themselves as sexual object and as such, they can only give chastity; women and the soceity normalises it for the men to take the lead in everything, the males have to pay for every date you go, the males have to pay for kids school fees, rent, consumables etc, the males run practically everything; so what else is the role of the women Eerrrm!!! Nothing; but yeah I have "my virginity" to offer. The same reason males keep taunting women with this recurring question "What does a girl offer in a relationship aside sex?" Which most times females have nothing to reply despite how demeaning such a question sounds; but alas there are so many truth to it, and thus NO RESPONSE. H cheesy wink wink wink cheesy hahaha.

No male will have the guts to ask such a question here, because you already have the answers with you.
It's quite funny ,also it's same reason why the life of women seemingly revolve around men in Africa, if a woman doesn't get married, she doesn't feel fulfilled, and the more pretty ladies go for the very rich and financially stable, for same reason.

This I believe stems from the time of yore, when males go to a woman's house, even without talking to her, the man usually well to do, meets the father with gifts, father who offers the daughter, whom he must have examined to be "chaste" , and the man takes her home, and makes her one of his properties, of course for sexual pleasure and procreation.

African women really should learn, Times have changed and they must change with it, see themselves as better, I believe they are way more than sexual objects, but me believing isn't enough, they have to believe so too, and also act it. Believing is nothing when you don't act it.

I rest my case; u can contribute to the thread.

Yours truly property4sale.

4 Likes

Re: Africa Put A Price On Virginity Because Women View Themselves As Sexual Objects by IKBARUTEN11(m): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2020
Some gals right nw after seeing this

Re: Africa Put A Price On Virginity Because Women View Themselves As Sexual Objects by fati2001(m): 10:59am On Aug 31, 2020

Re: Africa Put A Price On Virginity Because Women View Themselves As Sexual Objects by Angelacruz: 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
because the men give them fish without teaching them how to fish
Re: Africa Put A Price On Virginity Because Women View Themselves As Sexual Objects by dbynonetwork: 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2020
Men are partially blamed for this.
Re: Africa Put A Price On Virginity Because Women View Themselves As Sexual Objects by ggirl4real: 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
It's tradition that should be blamed not women
Re: Africa Put A Price On Virginity Because Women View Themselves As Sexual Objects by properties4sale: 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2020
More views are welcomed

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Working Boy? Come And Collect Update. / Tacha Of BBN Says She Likes Big Cassava / Run Away When You Recieve This Kind Of Messages This Festive Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.