Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

"Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe (7982 Views)

Men Are Becoming More Lonely Because Women Are Not Settling For Less (photos) / Nigerian Lady Is Depressed Because People Insulted For Having Big Saggy Pawpaw. / Ladies Kick Against Their Kids Taking Up Their Husband’s Name In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by NairaMedia: 10:38am On Jan 18, 2019
Media personality, Kelechi Ikpe has said that one of the reasons why depression is on the rise is because men are disturbed by women taking up leadership roles.

Four African women sat down to discuss the rise in depression in our society in the 21st century. The group was made up of Lolo Cynthia, Kelechi Ikpe, Rafieka Williams, and Wathoni Anyansi.

As they spoke about depression, Kelechi came up with a point that she believes has led to the rise in depression. According to her, A lot of men are depressed because a lot of women are taking up leadership roles.

"A lot of men are depressed because a lot of women are taking up leadership roles" - Media personality, Kelechi Ikpe says (video)

Kelechi Ikpe's opinion has generated massive outrage on Twitter with a lot of users calling her out.

Following the social media outrage, Lolo Cynthia took to Instagram to explain what Ms Ikpe meant.

Cynthia wrote:

This part of the video where @kelechitalks gives her. Opinion have led to huge outrage on twitter. -

Let me say this, I believe we are quick to jump on anything that remotely discusses gender because of the clime we at - that being said, I am not innocent because the heading was click bait; for this I take full responsibility. -
However this was an interesting point and we were corrected that depression might not be the best word to describe it.. -

In this society we live in, we can be honest and realistic that there are a lot of changes happening especially with women. The last century have led to lots of breakthroughs FOr women and also brought up conversation around the roles we had once taken up. -

I believe that many of us have our identities attached to these roles and with this shift, it can be overwhelming to find where you belong in the ever changing world. -

My co-host made sure to highlight that both genders were struggling with this shift as women have also had to step up into certain roles that they didn't have to engage in before. -

It will do us no good to continue to give into the outrage! We can't fight for change and not be willing to discuss how these changes are affecting the dynamic of day to day activities and our views on identity and life in general. -
Watch Video HERE

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/01/men-are-depressed-because-women-are.html

1 Like

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Cholls(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2019
my brother are you just aware that's the New World Order

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by RealJaneDoe: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2019
na today??
Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Jestin: 11:46am On Jan 18, 2019
Absolutely not true

1 Like

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Emekadollars(m): 11:46am On Jan 18, 2019
Who's this one

I sell all kinds of furniture both home and office.
Phone/WhatsApp 07013038612.

1 Like

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by timijoseph01(m): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2019
Lol you people joke too much... grin
Of all things... You people better calm down and run your race so accuser dont become the depressed.
Got like new iphone Xr 64gb for Sale @240k
And like new iphone 8plus 64gb 190k
Lagos/Abk check my Sig for contact

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Prodigytal: 11:47am On Jan 18, 2019
We should not be feminist. We should be humanist.

1 Like

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Lamasta(m): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2019
Hope she has taken her own LEADERSHIP role too shocked grin shocked
Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Nickisindigo(m): 11:49am On Jan 18, 2019
Leadership roles?
Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by imitateMe(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2019
That comment can only come from a faulty brain. I thought it was from a man, until I found out that it was actually from a woman.
How can a woman tell what goes on in the mind of men?
4 women sat down to discuss the rise in depression in the society, but focused on men only. As if women don't get depressed too.

Illogical nonsense!! Ugly feminists!!

See her black face like improper fraction!

23 Likes

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by cnwamo(m): 11:51am On Jan 18, 2019
Rubbish!!!!
In her mind now she has made a point undecided
She needs to just sit down and be a listener so intelligent people can talk.

4 Likes

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 18, 2019
Oh, they would be more at peace if females had the only options of either being a maid or a wh0re right ?

A right thinking male will take that as a healthy challenge to aspire for greatness and not the norm.

Let them increase their depression medication dosage and learn to get used to it.

Forward ever, back ward never.

3 Likes

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by utenwuson: 11:53am On Jan 18, 2019
Her face shows she's depressed..... She needs help

7 Likes

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Ozkar: 11:55am On Jan 18, 2019
Wow... Seriously?

Do women enjoy the feeling of being oppressed or hated? Looks like many have this persecution complex, always looking to prove that men are against them. Whereas men love women more than women love themselves.

This lady is comically stupid though. Leadership roles ni. Aren't we talking about the same majority of Nigerian ladies that have been hyperventilating because Falz said he detests transactional sex?

The economy is getting tougher, yet men still face so much pressure to become rich, else they may never get two things they crave for - respect and love. A man is far more likely to get ridiculed for being broke.

17 Likes

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by yeman2012(m): 11:56am On Jan 18, 2019
in slaying abi..
Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by lilmax(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2019
just negodu
Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Auladimeji(m): 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
All this stretch mark feminist wannabe

12 Likes

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by DerideGull(m): 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2019
I guess most Nigerians are not very smart especially the women.

14 Likes

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Mosco100(m): 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
The men who are depressed by what is talked about are bullshit
Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by BabaIbo: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
Beautiful nonsense from a daft feminist!

12 Likes

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Lotechi(m): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
They should not be

4 Likes

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Westaslave2(f): 12:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hmmm...Koyyes U can see i have vindicated , u insulted my family unjustly u small brain.nairaland wat dos ladies ar saying is it nt in line wt wat i opined lastweek here

KOYYES OR Woh EVER U AR CALLED I DEMAND AN APOLOGY
Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
Westaslave2:
Hmmm...Koyyes U can see i have vindicated , u insulted my family unjustly u small brain.nairaland wat dos ladies ar saying is it nt in line wt wat i opined lastweek here

KOYYES OR Woh EVER U AR CALLED I DEMAND AN APOLOGY

I think there is something wrong with you.

If you like, send only your son to school and leave your daughter behind so your son can feel better about his sister not getting educated and living her life independently.

You are a big fool and you don't deserve to be a mother.

1 Like

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Westaslave2(f): 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
koyyes:
Oh, they would be more at peace if females had the only options of either being a maid or a wh0re right ?

A right thinking male will take that as a healthy challenge to aspire for greatness and not the norm.

Let them increase their depression medication dosage and learn to get used to it.

Forward ever, back ward never.
Y cant u open ur eyes 2 d truth ,dis pple ar high class women, wt dia dignity .

Dey didnt say women shud stop taking leadership role ,lyk u said i dnt want women 2 get job.
DEY AR IN MY SCHOOL OF THOUGHT DAT EVERY GUD THINGS LYK DIS HAS ITS REPERCUSSION.

U shud drop dis bitterness ,am an advocate of women liberation but u ar taking it 2 far .cursing my family N ALL SORT OF TINS U DIwhich i wl never forgive u, IS A FACELESS FORUM BUT I WL NEVA FORGIVE U.

EXTREME FEMINISM BRINGS CHRONIC BITTERNESS
Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2019
Westaslave2:
Y cant u open ur eyes 2 d truth ,dis pple ar high class women, wt dia dignity .

Dey didnt say women shud stop taking leadership role ,lyk u said i dnt want women 2 get job.
DEY AR IN MY SCHOOL OF THOUGHT DAT EVERY GUD THINGS LYK DIS HAS ITS REPERCUSSION.

U shud drop dis bitterness ,am an advocate of women liberation but u ar taking it 2 far .cursing my family N ALL SORT OF TINS U DIwhich i wl never forgive u, IS A FACELESS FORUM BUT I WL NEVA FORGIVE U.

EXTREME FEMINISM BRINGS CHRONIC BITTERNESS

Shut up and use your brain for once.

When I made that comment, I wasn't referring to the women . I was referring to the males who are supposedly depressed over other people's progress.

Go back to school so you can learn how to read and understand things properly.

Market woman.

3 Likes

Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Westaslave2(f): 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
koyyes:

I think there is something wrong with you.

If you like, send only your son to school and leave your daughter behind so your son can feel better about his sister not getting educated and living her life independently.

You are a big fool and you don't deserve to be a mother.
hmmm...i can be spiritual u no? Dnt use because of dis faceless forum 2 kill urself
Re: "Men Are Depressed Because Women Are Taking Up Leadership Roles" - Kelechi Ikpe by Mentorme: 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
Women have taken jobs men would have taken in government and private sectors, leaving men frustrated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult / Kenyan Woman Reveals What Happens When You Add Salt To Your Nunu (photo Inside) / Why Do University Girls In Nigeria Have Sugar Daddies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.