Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,671 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence (52461 Views)

How Can I Increase My Intelligence? / Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? / UNIBEN Made Nigeria Proud At San Antonio. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Nowenuse: 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
WonderWoman5775:

You are so right.. Lecturers in uniben rejoice when students fail

God bless u.
I wish I could relike this comment.

I used to wonder why lecturers in Uniben derive pleasure when students fail. I realized it's because it makes them feel important, cos students start flocking around them, anxious to know how they fared and what they can do about it in cash or kind.
If students pass, they don't get the kind of highlights and attention they desire. Very satanic group of people.

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Alexander71(m): 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
I love this your quote the school is way more stressful than it should be, some lecturers always go an extra mile to add unnecessary problems it just kills the fun of learning. I'm currently in this position I've learnt to live with it
Iceyjayzz:
Only in Nigeria
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by smogup: 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
From the the first day of resumption even without course outlines for the semester every hall will be filled to the brim at night. If you know your way you will enjoy uniben.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by tete7000(m): 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
amajato:
first is not as if the standard is not enough. Second UI belittle every other school, they feel they are the best so they always attack those from other school who come for masters making them feels their first degree was rubbish. Lastly, maybe is the department I was in UI. ( Mathematics department)

All these allegations against the greatest of the greatest? I studied for both BSc and MSc in UI and I always feel the atmosphere is cool and serene enough for anyone to study. No one can make you feel inferior except yourself.

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by huntinghunter(m): 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
I tend to disagree

quote author=eniolaamos7 post=93436147]
It's everywhere. But at different levels[/quote]
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Nowenuse: 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2020
RTSC:

Forget IQ.
Uniben does not respect your IQ. It takes luck and grace to excel there.
That is after you must have worked very hard.

I have seen a mathematics Olympiad contestant probate in physics department of Uniben.

I was far far far more intelligent than my elder brother right from childhood till we entered universities. I was always the star pupil and intelligent one in the family while he lagged behind.
He went to Covenant varsity and I went to Uniben. He finished with a high 2.1, almost to get first class, while I finished with 2.2 in Uniben, after having an extra year grin grin. Department of medical sciences.

5 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Alexander71(m): 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
The stress got so much to the point that I didn't bother to read in some exams

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Lawbaron: 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
Rugaria:
My daughter will never go to that school even if it's the only University left in Nigeria... School wey go turn your humble gal into a monster runz gal in less than one session.., that one na sch?
Na your daughter choose to do runs. Other daughters no dey? Why them no do?
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Deborah98(f): 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
Iceyjayzz:
It's worse in Nigeria, I studied abroad and I can tell you I had a lot of freedom and rest.
who asked you undecided, boaster sad
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by DavidEsq(m): 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2020
Daum:

Cultism comes to mind
Ah! A certain angle, if u insist.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by SolarEdge: 9:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
SDEC:

Is "childs" the plural for "child" in uniben?
I too know.. He used pigin chairman. Don't be too fast to criticize others. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by omolola12345(m): 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2020
Come to UI

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Vatod(m): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2020
No, Nigerian University worth am jawe, just do your best...
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Sanctamaria10(m): 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
My alma mater, a place that you will score c, and a lecturer will tell you that you even tried to score c in his course , when you tried to complain. I love the school though.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Sanctamaria10(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2020
Yea, Uniben and stress are like akara and bread.my lecturers then dont like to see you smile or play along with friends .they re always happy when one is in distress.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Jackossky(m): 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
osascybog:

I graduated from uniben,department of Economics and statistics,I was a first class kind,but ended up with a 2.2,I just got bored with the system ,I can relate bro.but no limit to UNIBEN it is general decadence in system.you no fit still compare your social life for uniben to some schs..dat one self do
Hi, would love to make an acquaintance with you.
Oh! Same department and in my finals

Very low motivation though...
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Ayomide002: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
Nowenuse:

God bless u.
I wish I could relike this comment.

I used to wonder why lecturers in Uniben derive pleasure when students fail. I realized it's because it makes them feel important, cos students start flocking around them, anxious to know how they fared and what they can do about it in cash or kind.
If students pass, they don't get the kind of highlights and attention they desire. Very satanic group of people.
I didn't experience this in Uniben I went for five years. I never even checked my raw score in any course for once. I believe it all depends on students.

No one should paint Uniben black. Though there are sadists and annoying lecturers. But not this bad abeg

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Nowenuse: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
Collinsemegreat:

what faculty and department in college of Medicine?

Anatomy. Basic Medical sciences.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Iamthoney(m): 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
It is the same thing for almost if not all our federal and state universities and to some extent some private universities in the country

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by RPG2020(m): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
irrefragable:
You never see anything. Na Uniben you dey use play? That school dey make intelligent men feel like wayward childs.
Make I no even start to dey tell you my story.

He dey ask uniben students say make them share their story you dey talk say you nor wan start yours

Abeg share am we dey here

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Sanctamaria10(m): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
I disagree with that, instead she will be forced to study because sorting like in other Universities is not common in Uniben.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Treborblue(m): 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
Seeing this post it just hits me hard, I'm a very intelligent kid during my 100lvl I never went to any class 1 month to my exams I read all my courses and came out with all As and just one C , the C was due to the two tests I missed in that course ,fast forward 200lvl I attended classes more but never gained anything I remembered vividly asking a lecturer that I don't understand his example he first called me "mad" in the presence of 200other students then said I should come out and pick pin in front of the class I just walked out. I later got to know that many people didn't understand shit and the man will intimate students so as not to get more questions cause him too didn't understand jack .
The comments I read here are inspiring me to do more this my 300lvl I hope God help me , please who can recommend a good YouTube channel to help a maths student read.

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by freshkpomo(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
Alexander71:
The stress got so much to the point that I didn't bother to read in some exams
Guess what?? This is the road to success... I did this shit in Uniben and it worked... Did regret wasting my time trying to be like other serious students which yielded no result.. To pass well in that school is very simple, just know what works for you that's all...

I had this course mate who hit 5.0 in first year and 4.8 in second year.. This guy managed to graduate with something a little above 3.5 . This was a student they already promised to retain as a staff right from year one lol, Uniben is crazy....

#NYM

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Dhemmyjay(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
Uyi168:

Noted

Bros, you'd better not take that guy's correction. He is absolutely wrong. there is no fault in your expression

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by micflo28(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
Uniabuja made me feel worst than this. I worked so hard yet lecturers frustrated this efforts and aided the privileged. Seeking redress was no go area. Graduating with a 3rd class became a privilege.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Mrmayy: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2020
Horlaryinkha:
can we talk bro...am currently studying chemistry education OAU and I knw how stressful and tedious its..if u hear White house

I dey always pity you guys wey dey chemistry education for OAU, you dey do engineering maths,(yellow house), chemistry courses plus education courses shocked shocked.. God go be with you o grin
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by almarthins(m): 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2020
Dilemma247:
Great uniben! I can't really relate.
But I know for certain, there are some departments that would make you feel that way, mainly because of the nature of the lecturers and teaching style.
For example Education is synonymous with missing scripts. How do you expect one not to get frustrated.
There are some lecturers that would want to deliberately fail students.
That's why I love Engineering. You get what you write.
I partied throughout university. Womanized and all, skipped a lot of classes, I still made a 4.48
In fact I would have made a first class, if I hadn't been more unserious during my final year, for which I regret.
Yes I did read, and was naturally an above average student.
Bottom line, put in your best, and hope for the best.
Also try understand what works, those that do better than you , try liasing with them to understand better how to get better grades.
In the end, as you might later realize, grades don't matter much depending on what you hope to pursue, but get the best grades you can as it could potentially open ways for you.
If you can make a first class , please do
If you can make a 2.1 , please do
Just do your best.
Lastly , dont forget to skill up. Get a digital skill
A university certificate is not just enough these days.
Good luck
Aluta continua!!

Abeg calm down. There is nothing great about uniben nor nigeria. If e great as u dey shout am, hall 4 no go dey upside down. Everything go dey in order.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Sweetcrude19: 9:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
christopher123:

oga your tenses are terrible

things turned around (past tense)
I was more focused (past tense)

then spellings are terrible ! I am sorry ,how did you pass your post UTME?
We are not in any Gst loggerheads Christopher, this is a thread where people states their challenges and seek for possible Solutions and advice. So I don't see reasons why tenses counts. Please if this thread was created for Gst 111 tell me. Moreover if u are good in communication in English u should stop wasting ur talents and be a speech writer to Buhari

6 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by greypencils: 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2020
amajato:
I thought I was intelligent in uniben until I went to UI for masters... UI rubbish all of us wen come from others schools for masters
Lol...pele
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by greypencils: 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
amajato:
first is not as if the standard is not enough. Second UI belittle every other school, they feel they are the best so they always attack those from other school who come for masters making them feels their first degree was rubbish. Lastly, maybe is the department I was in UI. ( Mathematics department)
You suffer for Ugbebor hand!!! Lol...Pele tie
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2020
YOU BE MUGU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Celebrates Her Matriculation At Mother's Fish Stand, Soibi Ibibo Jack Helps / Government Day Secondary School Daura Photos By Abiodun @felewire / Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.