Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,916 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence (52678 Views)

How Can I Increase My Intelligence? / Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? / UNIBEN Made Nigeria Proud At San Antonio. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by joshuaidibia(m): 12:36am On Sep 02, 2020
Ribspot:
Greatest uniben students, uniben never really made me feel great, right from the day I wrote my post utme which I prepared so hard for, down to my final year, because all my result were never reflection of the efforts which I put in.

Did anyone else feel this way, i would love to here from you.

Third class students from Delsu Geology switch to Uniben Geology and graduated with 2.1 or 2.2. I know 4 of such students. What department were you in?

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by MikkieEl: 12:41am On Sep 02, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
same UNIBEN I just finished from?
I doubt
Which Dept in particular?
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Finnestgreat: 12:46am On Sep 02, 2020
eniolaamos7:
Tertiary institutions are embodiment of stress.
True talk
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Myketuale(m): 12:49am On Sep 02, 2020
MrEgghead:
It's graduate.. Emphasis on the "did"

English hard oo
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by MikkieEl: 1:04am On Sep 02, 2020
RTSC:
It's only in Uniben they will tell you the number of potential first class students is too much, they need to trim down.
And they will trim them down.

Engineering students know what I am saying.

I think this has stopped since the time of Prof Sunny. But I nor trust Prof Aisen.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by KosiGee(m): 1:07am On Sep 02, 2020
irrefragable:
You never see anything. Na Uniben you dey use play? That school dey make intelligent men feel like wayward childs.
Make I no even start to dey tell you my story.

What do you mean by ‘childs’?
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Vulcan24(m): 1:11am On Sep 02, 2020
University is a place for higher learning and liberation, imagine the comments here like NDA

tertiary education in Nigeria is trash
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by RTSC: 1:23am On Sep 02, 2020
joshuaidibia:

Third class students from Delsu Geology switch to Uniben Geology and graduated with 2.1 or 2.2. I know 4 of such students. What department were you in?
They don't switch to the same level.
They step down aleast a year and work harder.

That is enough advantage.

PTI graduates come to Uniben, start from 200level and dust us in engineering.

It's not strange.

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by christopher123(m): 1:24am On Sep 02, 2020
Sweetcrude19:

We are not in any Gst loggerheads Christopher, this is a thread where people states their challenges and seek for possible Solutions and advice. So I don't see reasons why tenses counts. Please if this thread was created for Gst 111 tell me. Moreover if u are good in communication in English u should stop wasting ur talents and be a speech writer to Buhari

you have a problem with tenses ...it's where people state not "states"

how did you pass English in your WAEC
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by christopher123(m): 1:51am On Sep 02, 2020
stabilizer:

Computing error
oh I see
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by christopher123(m): 1:53am On Sep 02, 2020
stabilizer:

"How did you even". You are wrong on this bro. There are so many ways you can construct your sentence with the same meaning. Example: How did you manage to ... Or how on earth did you...

If you like even, use 2, 4, 6 etc

I am talking of tenses not useage or syntax

thank you sir ....

I am looking at basics of English (tenses) I am worried that they can't use proper tenses ! it is just worrisome,I must say.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by christopher123(m): 1:55am On Sep 02, 2020
KosiGee:

What do you mean by ‘childs’?
my dear...I am scared of the word childs
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by chocboi78(m): 2:09am On Sep 02, 2020
Y'all should stop ranting...
No school in Nigeria is easy, and whats with the ' I was very very intelligent all through my primary and secondary trash "
You don't enter a new challenge with past glory and expect to excel, each stage in life requires a new skill to get tru..
Someone even said he was way intelligent than his older brother but graduated with a lesser GP coz he went to uniben and the Brother to CU...Lmao..#guy wake up, he put more effort after recognising his lapses while u dwelled on past glory..
Besides there is more to brilliance than mere grades...
Work on ur skill and mindset and u will definitely excell

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Crispels(m): 2:24am On Sep 02, 2020
Iceyjayzz:
It's worse in Nigeria, I studied abroad and I can tell you I had a lot of freedom and rest.

It depends on the program. From my experience, graduate school in the US is way more intense than anywhere else.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Raging: 3:01am On Sep 02, 2020
I never had a missing result till I graduated. Though the school is stressful,you must read by fire but when you study abroad you will know that in terms of stress, Uniben is heaven on Earth.quote author=Uyi168 post=93436845]..
Education and missing results be like pant and yansh..
It's prevalent there.I had a friend there too..
[/quote]
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by bennybaba(m): 3:08am On Sep 02, 2020
Rugaria:

You dey mind them? See as some dey defend the place already. I know what I'm saying.. I have a very personal experience.. very godly gal. Na that same Hall 2 .. Just in two sessions and this very religious, well behaved babe became another creature altogether... Na so we go our separate ways oo. Babe I wey been plan carry go show mama.. E be tinz, bros....

You should thank Uniben for exposing the suppressed okpoism genes in her before. That school saved your Life, be thankful.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 02, 2020
CzarChris:
This is unfortunate, but true. A friend of mine, back in the day, graduated with 3rd Class from FUTO. Do you know that when his parents sent him to the UK to do his Masters, this dude won the award of the best graduating student in aeronautical engineering and was offered a lecturing job at the same time by the university? He is now an associate professor in the UK. Someone FUTO managed to give a 3rd class o!
The funny thing is that graduates abroad are far better than graduates here. What is wrong with our system of education for fvck's sakes.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by MrEgghead(m): 3:14am On Sep 02, 2020
Myketuale:

English hard oo
He was even trying to correct someone, that was why I couldn't ignore it..No one knows it all.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Pysam(m): 4:00am On Sep 02, 2020
Ribspot:

chemistry education
chai sorry brother if u came out then u are a strong man those two department na hell from Star to finish.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by millhouse: 4:03am On Sep 02, 2020
Bradiyung:
Uniben is very hectic
My 100lv I returned home very dark and scurvy but with okay grades and cgpa of 3.8.

In my 200lv I tried to balance my life but I got my first carry over in a course not because I failed but because the omr machine couldn't grade my answer sheet. I was so frustrated at second semester same 200lv I tried my best to cover up for my first semester results but it's only got worst my total cgpa in 200lv is 3.4 might be probably because of a position I held in my department and what annoyed me most was some of my friends who I teach and help in exam halls got a very good grade than me, I felt really down and got to understand it's not just by jacking and night class oh just know your way like most of my course mates do and your grades might be ok.

I just currently resumed 300lv with a strong reading spirit before this corona came and spoil everything now I'm at home and it seems have lost that sense of me being a bright student because it doesn't show in my result and I'm even scared I might not graduate with a 2.1 I'm studying statistics crushing the maths isn't easy.

So op I know exactly how you feel
wow .. Abeg That joint called Dreams still Dey for inside campus ? Close to hall 1
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Darevofpeace(m): 4:03am On Sep 02, 2020
eniolaamos7:

It's everywhere. But at different levels
......ours comes with constant ASUU strikes and few available jobs after graduation with no welfare package from the government for unemployed graduates.
I do wonder the name of the Angel that wrote my name to live in Nigeria at birth.
All our problems in naija were man made( poor leadership, poor governing, poor maintenance, poor reasoning).
The poverty is even man made.
How we got to this decadence in 60yrs judging by October 1st 2020 seems a big mystery to me.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Pysam(m): 4:03am On Sep 02, 2020
Ribspot:
Greatest uniben students, uniben never really made me feel great, right from the day I wrote my post utme which I prepared so hard for, down to my final year, because all my result were never reflection of the efforts which I put in.

Did anyone else feel this way, i would love to here from you.
chemistry education na hell for uniben my guy just thank God u came out and move on make ur life for the present better.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by edoairways: 4:07am On Sep 02, 2020
SegFault:

The funny thing is that graduates abroad are far better than graduates here. What is wrong with our system of education for fvck's sakes.
Jealousy,pride,envy, hatred and pull him down syndrome are the root cause
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by amajato: 5:33am On Sep 02, 2020
Asiseeit:

UI masters stressful pass my undergraduate in unilorin(as stressful as that was).

Attendance was done like in secondary school where they call your name and you have to answer. Had couple of guys who missed exams because the didn't meet the attendance quota (70%) and carried over the courses.

The materials nko, nah die. Bulky. The lecturers?
It's as if we were their sworn enemies.

But las las, all was just stress. Meaningful, impactful, brain building education was not impacted in my opinion. I made PhD grade by just residual knowledge and quick brush up a night before. Didn't burst my hump or task my brain. The only gain was my degree.

Rubbish
this was my case. That attendance part for me during my masters in UI weak me.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by DeRay98(m): 5:35am On Sep 02, 2020
christopher123:

it is "I would love to hear from you ", now your intelligence is doubtful....If an undergraduate can't differentiate "here" "hear" and "hare"

uniben is right....how did you even pass GST 101 (Use of English )

Spot on, you see say na the average students dey over rate themselves why the brilliant students keep humble and reserve.
I'm a 22yrs alumnus of the Great UNIBEN, while it's a general attitude of some lecturers in Nigerian public universities to deliberately toughen things for students to seat up while in sch, its sadly part of the Nigerian mentality that until these tension or stress or shouting by authority figures, young people don't seat up.
This eventually negatively affects the other students who doesn't need the stressful environment to thrive.
Most of our lecturers never improve or upgrade their methods or approach and sadly so, because the schools mgt are not dynamic to assess lecturers out and re train them to improve.
There's no way an average hard-working student in Nigeria will not excel in universities abroad, given the more relax and intellect building approach over there and especially after surviving the "war" approach in Nigeria.
Too many students on this threat are just being the average Nigerian undergrad, there are advice from some brilliant ones on this thread but they won't learn and grow, only complaints all over.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Padofcolly1: 5:35am On Sep 02, 2020
Pls im a graduate and i studied agric economics and extension, but want to study online course like psychology, pls frnds who know how i can go about it. Pls i need modest answer,and i will definitely be grateful. Thanks in anticipation
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Padofcolly1: 5:44am On Sep 02, 2020
And also which online course can i study to add to my knowledge as an agric economist and extensionist graduant.i will be grate for uq honest reply thanks
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by WonderWoman5775(f): 5:58am On Sep 02, 2020
Investnow2017:

Something like, "oh you didn't make it? No problems you can always write it again next year. That's no problem, if you look around you will not need to search hard for professional students. See, like that guy coming now, i guess he is coming with his assignment, he knows he won't score nothing. We have them so many around. Don't worry, we are still around even if you choose to be here for the next decade."
Until you understand him, you will think he is a friend, only to discover that you have opened your ears to a "nice foe" cheesy Uniben angry grin grin
You just know their ways guy
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by christopher123(m): 6:02am On Sep 02, 2020
DeRay98:

Spot on, you see say na the average students dey over rate themselves why the brilliant students keep humble and reserve.
I'm a 22yrs alumnus of the Great UNIBEN, while it's a general attitude of some lecturers in Nigerian public universities to deliberately toughen things for students to seat up while in sch, its sadly part of the Nigerian mentality that until these tension or stress or shouting by authority figures, young people don't seat up.
This eventually negatively affects the other students who doesn't need the stressful environment to thrive.
Most of our lecturers never improve or upgrade their methods or approach and sadly so, because the schools mgt are not dynamic to assess lecturers out and re train them to improve.
There's no way an average hard-working student in Nigeria will not excel in universities abroad, given the more relax and intellect building approach over there and especially after surviving the "war" approach in Nigeria.
Too many students on this threat are just being the average Nigerian undergrad, there are advice from some brilliant ones on this thread but they won't learn and grow, only complaints all over.

it's crazy bro

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Dipsaint(m): 6:05am On Sep 02, 2020
dview001:
Lol ....go to unilorin , you'll know stress in uniben is child's play. grin
No, I disagree!
Come to UI, you will request for tuition refund
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Dipsaint(m): 6:15am On Sep 02, 2020
amajato:
first is not as if the standard is not enough. Second UI belittle every other school, they feel they are the best so they always attack those from other school who come for masters making them feels their first degree was rubbish. Lastly, maybe is the department I was in UI. ( Mathematics department)

Haa! Mathematics Department?
That department is ...... (can't say)

Most of their courses are 4 units.
If you bang 2 courses, all the best for you ooo.
Re: UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence by Dizzyrascal(m): 6:31am On Sep 02, 2020
webmaster99:
you see!
most of all this problems would have been avoided if only our eye sights were clear enough

the eye is your guide!
do visit my thread below to know more.
https://www.nairaland.com/6089347/how-natural-eye-solution-made
comedian businessman....wetin I need na the one wey dey clear brain, shey you get am?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

World's First Rare White Kiwi That Inspired Children's Books Dies (Photos) / Pictures From The Top 3 New Federal Universities / University Of Ibadan 2011/2012 Admission/clearance (official Page)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.