Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? (46352 Views)

How To Register A Business In Nigeria / Step By Step Of How To Register A Company With The Corporate Affairs Commission / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Chamberlin1983(m): 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
Thanks bro for this piece of info. I am enlightened.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by hartson(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2020
I intended registering a business but I normally feel reluctant cos I thought it runs into hundreds of thousands. I will swing into action right now.Tho many contributions here are quite confusing some suggested engaging a lawyer while some said DIY approach which one will I rely on now?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by LearnEasy(m): 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
Do it yourself, it's easy.

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by hartson(m): 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
U
zigziggy:
it is true every detail is correct except the certificate of competency he made mention,all other details are true,I did my registration and that of my brother from the comfort of my bed room,no third party needed for business registration only on company registration incorporated.. third-party is needed
Can I get a glimpse of how you went about it?provide me with the official CAC portal.Thank you
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by boojwa(m): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
CHAT ME UP ON WHATSAPP. THIS IS MY JOB... I CAN DELIVER YOUR CERTIFICATE TO YOU IN THREE WEEKS.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by manunitedbabes: 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
Skales4ll:

Please how do I go about doing it myself? Must I go to Abuja to do it?

No u can do it but they will ask u preferred state for collection....
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by faithfull18(f): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]
This is absolutely not true!

You can't complete the process on your own!

CAC itself has empowered 3rd party guys to be doing the process and you have to go through them.
Not entirely true. It's something people can do themselves esp. for business name.

But if you can't or don't want to do it yourself, you can contact an agent.

I help register your business @ a reasonable fee, Contact me for your business name, company, NGO etc registration . Contact available on my profile wink
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kobicove(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2020
pleasureosondu:
Ok but it seems this happens only after the 10k payment has been made cos i've dug through my cac account but can't find that form.

NB- it's not the column indicating that the Particulars of Proprietors be filled.

I did my registration about 3 years ago so I can't really remember the exact order now...what I gave you is just the general process to follow.

However I know for a fact that you must print, sign and upload the application form before you can conclude the process
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by streetsoldier1(m): 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

It mere refers to your qualifications certificate

Ok, thanks so, much, in an instance that i'm an engineer but Want to register my fish farm business, do i just submit my B.Tech certificate ?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by streetsoldier1(m): 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

It mere refers to your qualifications certificate

Ok, thanks so much, in an instance that i'm an engineer but Want to register my fish farm business, do i just submit my B.Tech certificate ?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by rapid101(m): 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

The CAC has offices in most states in Nigeria so you can choose a collection point that is closest to you.

The issue is that I'm not sure if those other outlets are as active as the ones in Lagos
the one in Edo state is active
go to ugbor road ask of their office dey ll show u. it popular der
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Obakoolex(m): 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]

CAC itself has empowered 3rd party guys to be doing the process and you have to go through them.
Na dem undecided
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by sonofthunder: 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:

[s]This is absolutely not true!

CAC itself has empowered 3rd party guys to be doing the process and you have to go through them. [/s]

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by candiva2013(m): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]

You are wrong. you start and complete the process online, on your own. NO third party needed
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by kolagbemi(m): 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
Don't let anybody deceive you, you can conveniently register a "business name" by yourself.

Remember "Business name is different from a limited liability company. You will need a lawyer to register a LTD company" but if your business is a sole proprietorship or an ordinary partnership, all you need is a "business name registration" and you don't need a lawyer except you wish to outsource it to them.

Just got

https://www.cac.gov.ng/

Click on "public search" and type the name of the company you wish to register to ensure the name is available. Check every name listed and see if a close name already exists, if not or it's a bit distinct from the listed,

then go to the next option

Online Registration, click on it and begin.

CAC made the process very easy...ask questions or Google anything you do not understand.

Don't be scared of "query" I got query during my registration and made corrections.

I registered my own company.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by captianfreeman(m): 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

No you don't need to go to Abuja, you can start and complete the process yourself...just go to CAC website and register with your email address...

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

After that you submit 2 names and pay a search fee of about 700Naira

If the names are approved you can then commence the registration process.

All payments are made online

Make sure you save copies of all online receipts you receive

Items you need:
Valid means of identification

An operational email account

A passport photograph

A certificate of competence in the field of area of the type of business you want to register

Your debit card with at least 11K for making payments

You also need access to a scanner cos there is a form you will fill online then later you print it then scan and upload after you have affixed your passport photograph and appended your signature

The whole process can be completed in about 1 week assuming you do everything properly and do not get a query.

NB- When filling the forms there is a section that asks if you need extra copies of certificates and documents, leave this blank. If you request for an extra certificate your fee will be higher.

After scanning the documents you want to upload make sure you name them appropriately so the CAC official who will process your application will not have difficulty identifying them

If you are based in Lagos I will recommend that you select Alausa as your preferred point of collection for your certificate of business name registration

There is no need for certificate of competency or proficiency certificate. It has been striked out in the name of ease of doing business.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by sonofthunder: 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
Nchenches:

Please show the link to CAC website.
Someone has posted it above or simply google "CAC website"
Don't allow anyone eat your money.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by muller101(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2020
Heartbender:
I hope you'd be there when the legal battles begin?
Which battle. Something that is written in clear terms you are talking about battle.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by datvisaboy: 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2020
I will connect you to the person that did mine.
Buzz me on zero eight zero three two six two, two four, seven three.

Skales4ll:
Please help me out. I need to know how much I should budget for the whole process of registering a business name with CAC
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by ugomnaanny: 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
Limited with 1m shares 45k some can charge u 60k
While business name 25k
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Abusadiq01(m): 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

No you don't need to go to Abuja, you can start and complete the process yourself...just go to CAC website and register with your email address...

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

A certificate of competence in the field of area of the type of business you want to register

You also need access to a scanner cos there is a form you will fill online then later you print it then scan and upload after you have affixed your passport photograph and appended your signature

The whole process can be completed in about 1 week assuming you do everything properly and do not get a query.

NB- When filling the forms there is a section that asks if you need extra copies of certificates and documents, leave this blank. If you request for an extra certificate your fee will be higher.

After scanning the documents you want to upload make sure you name them appropriately so the CAC official who will process your application will not have difficulty identifying them

If you are based in Lagos I will recommend that you select Alausa as your preferred point of collection for your certificate of business name registration

Dis guy head get oil

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Jollos(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

Boss, pls how can one get certificate of confidence, am opening agric related name.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by psucc(m): 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]

You, too are not absolutely right. The issue us if you can "pray and watch".

For instance, I tried registering during the CAC Promo of N5,000 for business name registration. After paying for the name search,they didn't send any reply as to the availability or not of the proposed names until some few minutes to the expiration, thus, before I could connect back to their website, the names expired and I was asked to pay again for another round of search.

This was where it all ended for us.

Nigeria, truly, there was a country.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Hman12(m): 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2020
I hope someone is not misleading someone, get a professional either a Lawyer, an Accountants or a Registered Secretary for the job if not remember you would soon regret starting that process instead of given to a professional. That someone at CAC gate everyday asking different people questions resemble someone here.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Stricklybidness(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

Thank you very much for this. This will do
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by richybanky(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

Thanks for this information.. It is going to 2 weeks that I registered my business and the certificate is not yet approved. Please what do you think that is causing the delay because I didn't upload anything like certificate of competence in the field of area that I will be operating the business.

God bless u.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Stricklybidness(m): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Please help out, I'm in a similar dilemma. If you are registering a business on someone's behalf, do you need your personal email and passports or the email and passports of the person whom you're registering the business for?
It should be for the person you are opening it for.. I could be wrong though.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Imagindat: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]

It seems you register for people and you don't want the guy's explanation to spoil your business. I want to inform you that one can do it by him or herself if he/she knows how to navigate on Internet/ website very well. Don't make things difficult for others.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Ijaya123: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

Thanks for this info.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by obonujoker(m): 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]

People like you , so you can get your works fee abi grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Udeme288(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2020
richybanky:

Thanks for this information.. It is going to 2 weeks that I registered my business and the certificate is not yet approved. Please what do you think that is causing the delay because I didn't upload anything like certificate of competence in the field of area that I will be operating the business.

God bless u.

They're telling you pending approval right?? I have the same issue.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by jacoik(m): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
muller101:
11k. Just finished mine yesterday
please how did you do it abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years / Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.