Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage (7060 Views)

Coronavirus Lockdown: 10 Ways To Beat Boredom / Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2020
Acidosis, your reasonably mature mind is needed here ASAP!
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2020
bukatyne:

The article was written for men as a guide to be 'more dominant in their marriages.'

So the men are 'in charge' of the change and change themselves as opposed to the wife 'leading or engineering' the change.
Lol, then perhaps you're referring to a different type of change than the one the guy you quoted was referring to.

As an addendum to the article, I believe dominance to be a natural trait and is more common/easy with certain personality types. Yes it can be learnt, but it won't particularly feel original to a woman who's very observant.

For instance, a woman who met/dated her husband and didn't notice any characteristics of dominance, then all of sudden at one point during their marriage, he probably learns about this stuff and tries to act in accordance... the result will be resistance from her and an eventual cascade of problems, not because she may not like dominant men but because this wasn't the man she married/fell in love with.
Change in this instance is catastrophic.

The solution I believe, is that change, with regards to dominance in marriage, is best achieved outside/precluding the presence of a wife.
For a man who's not naturally dominant but seeks to be so, he ought to develop himself for himself before entering a committed marriage-bound relationship. It is only after this self-development that it becomes imperative to make a choice of spouse strictly among women who would appreciate dominance in their men.

Doing it in reverse will likely be counterproductive, which is how I interpret that number 2 in the article from the author.
Don't start out as a 'yes man' and then try to become dominant afterwards (this is bad for the woman), or start out as a dominant man and then turn into a 'yes man' (this is bad for the man).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2020
bukatyne:

Your addition: Points 7 and 10 takes care of it.

@first part: I agree with you which is why consent as used in mainstream media sounds strange to me in a marital relationship.

@Tone: compare

A Spanish man's drooling: 'Babe wear that pink lingerie for me and lay on the couch by 6pm'

To

'Iya Basira, wo Pata pink yin ko dubule sori kushion titi ago mefa.'

Hahahahahahaha!

A soft tone brings out kolanut from the pocket.
But that's not a difference in tone, just a difference in language... unless you're trying to imply that Spanish men have a more sexy relationship with women than Yoruba men.

Please stop watching Telemundo grin

With the man in Yoruba, there's a tone with which it can be spoken and he'll still get the desired sexy effect in his woman. Same way the Spanish man could use a dictatorial tone and be met with resistance.

1 Like

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

Hack her mind? OMG!
What an unattractive mindset.
For you to even attempt to do that, she'd have to be very interested in you first.
Women are humans like men, not conquests.

Lol, no vex. White hat hacking is legal in human-computer interaction. Any other authority in this field can attest to this. It's one thing to hack someone's mind and a different thing entirely to abuse it.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by backbone503(m): 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
The alpha male is not a macho man. He is one, in whom the male and female energies are harmoniously balanced. The male who is strong, yet kind. Confident, but humble. Powerful, but tempered and calm. Firm, yet highly flexible.

Sometimes, a better way of showing how powerful you're is by not showing it (at least, in the manner expected of you).

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2020
backbone503:
The alpha male is not a macho man. He is one, in whom the male and female energies are harmoniously balanced. The male who is strong, yet kind. Confident, but humble. Powerful, but tempered and calm. Firm, yet highly flexible.

Sometimes, a better way of showing how powerful you're is by not showing it (at least, in the manner expected of you).

Most men these days don't know how to love and bring out the best in their women.
To tell you the truth, no woman wants a domineering man. The whatever-I-say-goes man.
It might be some women's fantasy, but definitely not most.

2 Likes

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by backbone503(m): 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

Most men these days don't know how to love and bring out the best in their women.
To tell you the truth, no woman wants a domineering man. The whatever-I-say-goes man.

Strength without love produces the brute, and love without strength produces the weakling. For the alpha male, harmony and balance are the watchword.

Women are meant to be rightly loved and not domineered nor forced to be submissive. Power takes, love gives. In true love, there is no power, yet there is no power that can stand true love. This is the true strength, and the power of love.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by UjuJoan2: 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
bukatyne:
I found number four funny: if a husband is to be 'sexually' dominant like 'Wear that pink bra and wait for me on the couch' and not expect her to say no, where is consent coming in?

I am not arguing for/against here, just made an observation.

Another observation is that they are very big on faithfulness. Irrespective of the type of marriage prescribed, they teach faithfulness to the husbands.

So let's go:
Men: Do you agree with the traits listed above?
Women: Which of the traits scream Alpha? Which screams 'abuse'?

Any additions to the list?

I guess it depends on the tone, just like the Author said. And in any case, it's much better than "begging" for sex. That is a complete turn off!
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by angelfallz(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

Lol, speak for yourself. you people just end up twisting everything.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mutter(f): 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
Poor men!
They need to be empowered. grin
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by angelfallz(m): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
I can do a whole write up on this, but i would keep it brief.

Many of the things in that article are true. But they are just bullet points that were co-opted from the true Red Pill Praxeology.

In his book "The Rational Male; Positive Masculinity" Rollo Tomassi warned that there would people that try to profit off 'the red pill truths". They do so by watering down "The Red pill Truth" and serving up the parts of it that are palatable.
It is "Red pill" for a reason, because it is the bitter, undiluted, burning truth.

Also, Rollo Tomassi points out that no matter how sincere a woman is, in trying to make her man a dominant/alpha male, the feminine imperative and her own hypergamous nature would always interfere. (I'm saying don't trust the article seek out the true red pill truth)

Only those guys that are versed in the red pill would be able to deduce that the article has been watered down.

i saw some guys in the comments arguing against the red pill or missing the point and some downright dismissing it as a sham, DrLiveLogic and crackhaus comes to mind, i would encourage you guys to download and read, "The Rational Male; Positive Masculinity by Rollo Tomassi" perhaps it would aid your understanding of the red pill truth, and help you understand the inter sexual relationship dynamics between men and women.

**ADDED***
For those of you saying that the man should carry on pretending being an alpha male, just know this, being an alpha male is a mindset, it is a life style. You can't fake it.

2 Likes

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
angelfallz:

Lol, speak for yourself. you people just end up twisting everything.

How am I twisting things? The post is very clear
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2020
backbone503:

Strength without love produces the brute, and love without strength produces the weakling. For the alpha male, harmony and balance are the watchword.

Women are meant to be rightly loved and not domineered nor forced to be submissive. Power takes, love gives. In true love, there is no power, yet there is no power that can stand true love. This is the true strength, and the power of love.

Wisdom and understanding are gifts of the spirit. You're blessed to have them.

1 Like

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by Jman06(m): 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
Never allow your fantasy drive you into a miserable marriage!
Fantasy is very different from reality.
Nufsaid.

3 Likes

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

All I have to say is, if you as man, you go into a relationship with a domineering mindset, you better be ready to keep up the act because it'll OVERWHELM you at the end of it all.

Before you know it, you'll lose yourself to a domineering beast you've become.
NO WOMAN TRULY WANTS A DOMINEERING MAN.
WOMEN WANT LEADERS

Word!

No time to start playing games and acting all alpha and domineering. To what end?

1 Like

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by backbone503(m): 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

Wisdom and understanding are gifts of the spirit. You're blessed to have them.

Thank you. However, everyone is blessed. Everyone has something good and unique inside them. Some ain't aware of it, some neglect it, some hide it, but its always there. Inside everyone!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
LOL, how did this word "domineering" even get introduced to the thread?

I can see "dominant" in the topic and in several other places throughout the article, but never domineering.

These two words are not synonyms, and mean completely different things.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 10:49pm On Sep 01, 2020
crackhaus:
LOL, how did this word "domineering" even get introduced to the thread?

I can see "dominant" in the topic and in several other places throughout the article, but never domineering.

These two words are not synonyms, and mean completely different things.

"I'd like to add to the list though, something quite controversial, but a definite alpha trait – a man should only ask for his partner's opinion, never her permission."

Is it OK for a woman to never ask for her man's permission, but just his opinion?
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

"I'd like to add to the list though, something quite controversial, but a definite alpha trait – a man should only ask for his partner's opinion, never her permission."

Is it OK for a woman to never ask for her man's permission, but just his opinion?
Same difference.

Asking for an opinion leads to a discussion, and whatever outcome is arrived from this process is no longer akin to asking for permission, but rather, reaching a mutually-agreed decision.

3 Likes

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 11:23pm On Sep 01, 2020
crackhaus:

Same rule if she's the dominant one in the relationship/marriage.

Must there be a dominant one in the relationship/marriage?
Is it a contest for power?
They should compliment each other not lord one over the other.
Dominance isn't a good word for marriage. That kind of relationship is toxic.

Take this from me: Asking for your woman's permission does not make you less of a leader. It makes her feel needed and important to you, that you trust her and that her opinion counts. It doesn't threaten your position in her life.

1 Like

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
crackhaus:

Same difference.

Asking for an opinion leads to a discussion, and whatever outcome is arrived from this process is no longer akin to asking for permission, but rather, reaching a mutually-agreed decision.

A dominant man don't ask for opinions, much less "discussion"
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

A dominant man don't ask for opinions, much less "discussion"
You don't know what that word means then within the context of a loving relationship, it's no wonder you keep conflicting it with domineering.

2 Likes

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 11:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

Must there be a dominant one in the relationship/marriage?
Is it a contest for power?
They should compliment each other not lord one over the other.
Dominance isn't a good word for marriage. That kind of relationship is toxic.

Take this from me: Asking for your woman's permission does not make you less of a leader. It makes her feel needed and important to you, that you trust her and that her opinion counts. It doesn't threaten your position in her life.
I'm guessing you're at that stage in life where you don't ask for permission from your parents or older siblings? If you don't, why?
Would it make you feel less of an adult if you did? grin

Why then do you figure it's okay to ask for permission from a partner (male or female), instead of an opinion?

2 Likes

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
crackhaus:

You don't know what that word means then within the context of a loving relationship, it's no wonder you keep conflicting it with domineering.

I don't?
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
crackhaus:

I'm guessing you're at that stage in life where you don't ask for permission from your parents or older siblings? If you don't, why?
Would it make you feel less of an adult if you did? grin

When it affect others, I definitely ask for permission.

Why then do you figure it's okay to ask for permission from a partner (male or female), instead of an opinion?

You should if the decision would affect her.

1 Like

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

I don't?
Nope.

You see dominant and it registers as domineering, probably the same way you would see submissive and it registers as servitude.

It's your mindset fuelling these interpretations, no pun intended...

2 Likes

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 11:48pm On Sep 01, 2020
crackhaus:

Nope.

You see dominant and it registers as domineering, probably the same way you would see submissive and it registers as servitude.

It's your mindset fuelling these interpretations, no pun intended...

Define dominant in the context of a "loving relationship" undecided
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

When it affect others, I definitely ask for permission.
I have a feeling you live with your parents/siblings.

You should ask for her opinion if the decision would affect her.
Edited. Lol

Whatever decision that comes out of it would have been agreed by both of us, through the discussion that ensued.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 11:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
crackhaus:

I have a feeling you live with your parents/siblings.

Where should I live? Under a bridge you Sun of a beach? grin

Edited. Lol

Whatever decision that comes out of it would have been agreed by both of us, through the discussion that ensued.

Opinion/permission, same difference. cool
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2020
mariahAngel:

Define dominant in the context of a "loving relationship" undecided
Easy.

It's just the opposite of submission within the same context of a "loving relationship".

Emphasis on "Love" here, because it makes all of this flow without resistance.

3 Likes

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 12:06am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

Where should I live? Under a bridge you Sun of a beach? grin
Your answer is what gave me the impression. Lots of single women live alone.

Opinion/permission, same difference. cool
Not even close...

Is it okay with you if I do this – Permission
What do you think about this – Opinion

3 Likes

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 12:22am On Sep 02, 2020
crackhaus:

Easy.

It's just the opposite of submission within the same context of a "loving relationship".

Emphasis on "Love" here, because it makes all of this flow without resistance.

Hmmm undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article / Challenges Of Marrying A Single Mom / My Husband Of Less Than A 1yr Of Marriage Has Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.