Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage (7050 Views)

Coronavirus Lockdown: 10 Ways To Beat Boredom / Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

No matter how you sugarcoat it, there's a very thin line between dominant and domineering, that is, if they don't mean the same thing as you said.
Lol, I did not create the English language. Those who did already contrasted the two words and have drawn parallels between them – I only sought to educate you on the difference.

You can do your own research on it if the idea that it's coming from the moniker Crackhaus is what is making you uncomfortable. grin

Like I quoted to you the other day,
Your disbelief does not suddenly invalidate a truth/fact, or make it non-existent.

4 Likes

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by angelfallz(m): 10:13am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

I am trying to reconcile your posts with the OP.

Red Pill doesn't have the monopoly of certain ideals.

And last I remembered, it is anti-marriage so it is not going to be same.

The redpill isn't anti marriage.

Red Pill doesn't have the monopoly of certain ideals.
Lol, my dear everything that was written in that article was stolen from the red pill and watered down.

1 Like

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

Urgh!

Why would her mind need to be "tweaked" to conform to another? Does that seem right to you?
How about exploring her mind and what she's about to compliment yours?

On a serious note, both parties would actually 'tweak' themselves to fit into their partners to achieve that oneness.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:19am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

You see? That is a man who's not on a quest for dominance, yet he knows who is and what he stands for

If you know, you know grin

A dominant man would not scream 'hey! I want to dominate you'. cheesy

Do you know some people you don't want to offend or do something wrong to them? It is innate.

Just a smile from them gets you to sit up and do the right thing or whatever you think they want.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:20am On Sep 02, 2020
crackhaus:

At the point where the man is influencing his wife against her will and inspite of her objections, then he has moved into the realm of being domineering which is about control, not influence.

Influence and control are another two words that could easily be blurred, but are really very different.

A dominant man is a psychologically astute man, so it will never come off like he is being controlling.

Very true.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

That is exactly what it means!

That is a trait of a dominant man.

@bold, no.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 10:22am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

On a serious note, both parties would actually 'tweak' themselves to fit into their partners to achieve that oneness.

You snake! grin
See how you wiggled your way out of that one grin

OK. Can a dominant mind be tweaked?
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:23am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

Red pill! Red pill!! Red pill!! grin

What does that sh!t even mean 'cause I have bothered to find out? is it like a worm expellant? grin

It is a set of ideals that aim to teach men who to win women in the game of sexual relations. There are different schools of thought and I think they make good reads.

So when a guy starts, you can smile and say 'I know your game.' grin
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 10:24am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

I have actually seen this play out and both parties adjust to the relationship especially when it was previously toxic.
Explain what you mean
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2020
crackhaus:

Tehehe... It's the cinematic effect of movies making you assume this. Don't be racist to your own self grin tongue

I guess you would say French is a more romantic language than English, but let me trip you up a bit. grin
French is the official language of some African countries like Senegal and Cote d'Ivoire. Do you still consider French a sexy/romantic language when it is spoken by these Africans or does it only seem sexy/romantic when it's coming from the mouth of a white-skin person living in France?

Also, Equatorial Guinea uses Spanish as their official language, would you say it still sounds sexy/romantic when coming from the mouth of a black man? cheesy

Abeg, let's not compare apples with agbalumo. grin

Have you heard educated Akwa Ibomites speak English? They have this sweet accent.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

If you know, you know grin

A dominant man would not scream 'hey! I want to dominate you'. cheesy

Do you know some people you don't want to offend or do something wrong to them? It is innate.

Just a smile from them gets you to sit up and do the right thing or whatever you think they want.

Errrrrrrrrrrr....

That would be my dad. grin
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

Jesus Christ is the Lord of the church.

You did not answer my question.

Is He dominant or not?
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

You did not answer my question.

Is He dominant or not?

Did the bible use the word dominant?
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2020
angelfallz:

The redpill isn't anti marriage.

Lol, my dear everything that was written in that article was stolen from the red pill and watered down.

The redpill is anti-marriage.

You cannot maintain the frame required in a marriage long relationship.

Do you know that some people claim the Bible is red pill? undecided

Red Pill is not the first ideology to teach such relationships between men and women.

1 Like

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:32am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

You snake! grin
See how you wiggled your way out of that one grin

OK. Can a dominant mind be tweaked?

Snake ke? I don't appreciate that.

I did not wiggle out of anything. That line of mine is not new.

The stage you mean the dominant person matters. Again, there are degrees of dominance, the level of love the dominant person has, how invested he is in the relationship etc.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:35am On Sep 02, 2020
crackhaus:

Explain what you mean

Please.

A man wasn't assertive, wife ran amok, man re-invented himself and wife adjusted.

Wife was subservient, husband trampled on her, she woke up and husband conformed.

The scenarios took a lot of work, lots of physiological mind games and both parties still wanting the marriage.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 10:35am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Snake ke? I don't appreciate that.

I did not wiggle out of anything. That line of mine is not new.

The stage you mean the dominant person matters. Again, there are degrees of dominance, the level of love the dominant person has, how invested he is in the relationship etc.

Oya sorry

Mo kan n ba yin sere ni
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:36am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

Errrrrrrrrrrr....

That would be my dad. grin

Toor.

Did he ever force you to do anything?

You naturally want to be Daddy's girl. I am sure you were assured of his love, that he would do anything to protect you, provide for you etc. etc.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 10:36am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Abeg, let's not compare apples with agbalumo. grin

Have you heard educated Akwa Ibomites speak English? They have this sweet accent.
Lol, Akwa Ibomites ke. cheesy
The only sweet English accent I know is British and Australian.

So let me guess, the apple here is a french-speaking man from France, while the agbalumo is a french-speaking man from Senegal. grin
It's skin colour that is deceiving you.

I bet you won't be able to tell the difference if both french-speaking men spoke through a recording.

1 Like

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:37am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

Did the bible use the word dominant?

Does the Bible have the word 'Bible' or 'masturbation'? grin
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:38am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

Oya sorry

Mo kan n ba yin sere ni

smiley

1 Like

Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 10:39am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Please.

A man wasn't assertive, wife ran amok, man re-invented himself and wife adjusted.

Wife was subservient, husband trampled on her, she woke up and husband conformed.

The scenarios took a lot of work, lots of physiological mind games and both parties still wanting the marriage.
And how is it now with them, are they still doing back & forth or finally found the right measure of dominance? grin
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Toor.

Did he ever force you to do anything?

You naturally want to be Daddy's girl. I am sure you were assured of his love, that he would do anything to protect you, provide for you etc. etc.

He set a very good example.
All my life, I've always seen him as a god.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 10:41am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Buka, I sweaaaaaarrrrrrr
angry
Come off it! grin
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:43am On Sep 02, 2020
crackhaus:

Lol, Akwa Ibomites ke. cheesy
The only sweet English accent I know is British and Australian.

So let me guess, the apple here is a french-speaking man from France, while the agbalumo is a french-speaking man from Senegal. grin
It's skin colour that is deceiving you.

I bet you won't be able to tell the difference if both french-speaking men spoke through a recording.

Educated posh ones o!

I don't care about skin color, which one sounds better. cheesy

I would pick an African American or Sweet Nigerian man over pale skinned man. undecided

Imagine chocomilo Ghost to unmatured Tommy in Power grin
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:44am On Sep 02, 2020
crackhaus:

And how is it now with them, are they still doing back & forth or finally found the right measure of dominance? grin

They have all found the right measure of dominance. cheesy
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:45am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

He set a very good example.
All my life, I've always seen him as a god.

Oshe!

That is dominance in action smiley
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:45am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

Buka, I sweaaaaaarrrrrrr
angry
Come off it! grin

I am serious o!
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Oshe!

That is dominance in action smiley

He should. He raised me.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by jornwhite: 10:47am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

I hope you don't mean you slept with the girl against her wish? undecided

@ Your first paragraph, it is common sense.

Nah ! i listen more to the body language, am not a fan of what she says.
For instance, you guys cuddle up n as a man you make moves then she say "NO" buh in that same position she is grinding her ass to your dick. or she says "NO" buh somehow are breast keeps brushing your bicep unintentional tho grin .. t
i won't want to share somethings cos people would get me wrong ... most times i bank on body language receptions i get, paid off so far.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by crackhaus: 10:48am On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Lol, good one... grin

Same way there's no mention of the word 'Apple' in the garden.
Re: Dominant Husband: 10 Ways To Be The Alpha In Your Marriage by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2020
mariahAngel:

Calm down, fair-minded lady. I've been laughing as I see you continually misconstrue some people's words in this thread and have also mistaken most descriptive opinions as normative of the contributors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message / My Husband Won't Provide For Me And Children / Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.