Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,428 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick (6701 Views)

Norway Prison Vs UNILAG Hostel. What A Pity! (Photos) / Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy / 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Lamasta(m): 10:10am On Sep 02, 2020
RIP to the both of them we love them but God loves them more
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Englishisamust: 10:19am On Sep 02, 2020
Kekereekun123:
an hero because he acted in a fictional movie to console blacks lmao. you can hype a cat to look like a lion. but it isn't a lion. black Africa and Tech like in wakanda is surely not happening

Correction.
An hero, because he acted in a fictional movie to console blacks lmao. You can hype a cat to look like a lion. But it isn't a lion. Black Africa and Tech like in wakanda is surely not happening.
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Gmajor(m): 10:26am On Sep 02, 2020
Kingluqman:
Chadwick was a celebrity before he died but Chika was not even known by 5% of Nigerians. RIP to both of them anyway

5% of 200 million is 10 million.

It's impossible for 10 million Nigerians to know you unless you are a celebrity.

1 Like

Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2020
Partly because of herd mentality and how famous he is.
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by femi4: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2020
Kekereekun123:
an hero because he acted in a fictional movie to console blacks lmao. you can hype a cat to look like a lion. but it isn't a lion. black Africa and Tech like in wakanda is surely not happening
He was dying shooting those movies....yea, he's a hero .
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by jidxin(m): 11:12am On Sep 02, 2020
Kekereekun123:
but we dont know chika, chika wasnt exposed to the media, media is powerful, people die every day tho but we do not know them. the pilot is more or less living a private life while chadwick is exposed by the media
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 02, 2020
femi4:
He was dying shooting those movies....yea, he's a hero .
But it's for his pocket so how is that heroic?
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by femi4: 11:17am On Sep 02, 2020
SegFault:

But it's for his pocket so how is that heroic?
Naija mentality. Over there, passion comes before monetary value. That's why they always come out with classic
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 02, 2020
femi4:
Naija mentality. Over there, passion comes before monetary value. That's why they always come out with classic
But if it was passion it is still a gain to him, plus the money so las las na him and only him e dey gain, or did it change or save anyone's life?
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by femi4: 11:25am On Sep 02, 2020
SegFault:

But if it was passion it is still a gain to him, plus the money so las las na him and only him e dey gain, or did it change or save anyone's life?
You have internet, use it and get informed
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by jeph19(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
RIP BOTH...l just want to know when and how to apply for the NYIF funds...it's September already.
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
WoundedLamb:
You can't feel the absence of someone whose presence you never felt. This is a fact and there's no point pretending otherwise.

I think it's naturally a matter of how famous one was. People die everyday but only a few get such attention and regardless of how we view it, it remains a fact that people only celebrate the lives of people they felt connected to. It's not a matter of where one comes from. I cried when Micheal Jackson died but didn't really feel anything when Yaradua died asides pity for the family, yet I'm originally Nigerian and he was the president. That was because I hardly knew Yaradua but I felt connected to Micheal cause I grew up listening to his songs. All the plane crashes that have happened in the past had someone piloting the planes, how many of them got such attention? They were not less human but you can't share their pics pretending to be moody about their demise when you aren't.

Chadwick death isn't being talked about just because he was an actor. He got the attention cause a lot of people knew him when he was alive. His followers will miss his tweets, his fans will miss his face on the screen, etc. He represented a height for blacks in Hollywood. His existence was significant to a lot of people. On the other hand, people didn't really know Chika when he was alive so even though he died a hero, the connection wasn't there. To his friends and family, his life was far more significant than that of Chadwick and they must be feeling his absence more. But for the rest of us, nothing really changed and we can't pretend otherwise just to appear good.

May their souls rest in peace.

God bless you G. Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Nova1988(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
thanks for this pics.
One perdollar was busy fighting Creeza cos the latter corrected the former that Chadwick isn't biafran but rather has Yoruba roots.

(^_^)

Don't mind all these biafrans what is there to fight about he's Yoruba doesn't mean he's not Nigerian.
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by IamPlato(m): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2020
Look At What You Posted And Convince Yourself That you Have Sense...

How Many People Knows Chika? Many People Didnt Even Hear The News Talkless Of Knowing Him

As Popular As Chadwick Was Many Still Didnt Know Him, we That Knew Him Decided To Celebrate His Greatness and You Are Here Spillin rubbish.

Who Chika help? He Was A Pilot For Is Own Pocket... This Comparism is Foolish
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by omarithmetics: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
Raydos:

You're on point bro, Lemme bottle your point!!

When Kobe Bryant and his Daughter died in an Helicopter accident, Nobody talk about the other 8 people that lost their lives in the same helicopter including the pilot, People were only talking about Kobe Bryant and his daughter!!

Because that's the only people they feel connected to! It's not a matter of being hypocrite, It's a Fact!!
Thanks man
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Exjoker(m): 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
I do not know Chika prior to this accident. But Chadwick is a legend and hero well known all over the world. The first true black movie super hero who role one of the top grossing movie from the USA - The Black Panther.
By the way, I think captain Chika has received a lot of publicity too after his death considering that not many people knew about him in real life until after his death.
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by WoundedLamb: 4:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
Nova1988:
Chadwick is Nigerian too and he's better

Well, he was actually as American as anybody else. He can't even be called a Nigerian-American simply on the basis of DNA. Nationality isn't necessarily based on ancestral DNA cause that would make one claim numerous countries and eventually down to Adam and Eve. You'd be surprised what your own DNA might reveal. cheesy

1 Like

Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by lceyjayz(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
poshestmina:
Chadwick was and will remain a hero to the black community.
Aside that ,he is being celebrated because he was dying and still went on encouraging, helping, motivating ,leading like a true KING that he was!

Stop being a hypocrite!
Exactly!
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by deltateam: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
Air mishap is terrible.

They should make it possible for pilots to disengage from craft or has parachute finished?
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by deltateam: 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
IamPlato:
Look At What You Posted And Convince Yourself That you Have Sense...

How Many People Knows Chika? Many People Didnt Even Hear The News Talkless Of Knowing Him

As Popular As Chadwick Was Many Still Didnt Know Him, we That Knew Him Decided To Celebrate His Greatness and You Are Here Spillin rubbish.

Who Chika help? He Was A Pilot For Is Own Pocket... This Comparism is Foolish

Granted that op was insensitive the way he approached the matter but come on what the pilot did was a heroic act and he would have been a national hero and won medal of honour posthumously in America.

You don't have to be cold with your response.
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by deltateam: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
Gmajor:

5% of 200 million is 10 million.

It's impossible for 10 million Nigerians to know you unless you are a celebrity.

Do you want to be a celebrity?
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by IamPlato(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
deltateam:

Granted that op was insensitive the way he approached the matter but come on what the pilot did was a heroic act and he would have been a national hero and won medal of honour posthumously in America.

You don't have to be cold with your response.
my Guy This Is Nigeria Oh or Have You Forgotten. If You Want A Nation Award Dont Die For The Country You Just have To Steal A Large amount Of Cash or have Sex And Upload Online in That Way You Become A Hero.
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by humilitypays(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
WoundedLamb:
You can't feel the absence of someone whose presence you never felt. This is a fact and there's no point pretending otherwise.

I think it's naturally a matter of how famous one was. People die everyday but only a few get such attention and regardless of how we view it, it remains a fact that people only celebrate the lives of people they felt connected to. It's not a matter of where one comes from. I cried when Micheal Jackson died but didn't really feel anything when Yaradua died asides pity for the family, yet I'm originally Nigerian and he was the president. That was because I hardly knew Yaradua but I felt connected to Micheal cause I grew up listening to his songs. All the plane crashes that have happened in the past had someone piloting the planes, how many of them got such attention? They were not less human but you can't share their pics pretending to be moody about their demise when you aren't.

Chadwick death isn't being talked about just because he was an actor. He got the attention cause a lot of people knew him when he was alive. His followers will miss his tweets, his fans will miss his face on the screen, etc. He represented a height for blacks in Hollywood. His existence was significant to a lot of people. On the other hand, people didn't really know Chika when he was alive so even though he died a hero, the connection wasn't there. To his friends and family, his life was far more significant than that of Chadwick and they must be feeling his absence more. But for the rest of us, nothing really changed and we can't pretend otherwise just to appear good.

it's a lie. If the pilot was an American he would have tended too.

That black guy killed by American cop was he popular

Americans respect and value life more than Nigerians.

Nigerians are hungry, a hungry man is an angry man.

When the poor die nobody remembers them but when the rich dies the poor join to mourn them like they lost their own life.

Americans are like the rich while Nigerians are like the poor. Nobody celebrate poor people, but everybody celebrate rich people.

Nigeria need a total restructuring for things to start to change for good, if not lipsrsealed cry
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Lovely write up

1 Like

Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Benwallt(m): 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
Kingluqman:
Chadwick was a celebrity before he died but Chika was not even known by 5% of Nigerians. RIP to both of them anyway
no even 0.1%
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Harry00(m): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Nigga you are one of the problem we have in this country, Chadwick was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer in 2016, and battled with it these last 4 years as it progressed to stage IV,” the statement read. ... The statement continued, “⁣⁣It was the honor of his career to bring King T'Challa to life in Black Panther.
I hope you understand
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2020
A pilot that saved the lives of others doesn't get to be recognized and called a hero but an actor from another country who acted for his pocket and passion gets to be called a hero? Seriously.
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
Harry00:

Nigga you are one of the problem we have in this country, Chadwick was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer in 2016, and battled with it these last 4 years as it progressed to stage IV,” the statement read. ... The statement continued, “⁣⁣It was the honor of his career to bring King T'Challa to life in Black Panther.
I hope you understand
He acted for his damn pockets and because he had a passion for acting, how the fvck does that make him a hero?
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Harry00(m): 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
SegFault:

He acted for his damn pockets and because he had a passion for acting, how the fvck does that make him a hero?
angry

Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2020
Harry00:

angry
Answer now? Or you don't know.
Re: It's A Pity Nobody Remember Chika, But We Shout About Chadwick by Harry00(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
SegFault:

Answer now? Or you don't know.
It's alright bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Wise Animals That Are Said To Be Able To Predict Death. / How To Know If You Are Among The 62,140 Candidates To Re-write Jamb On July 1st / Over 1billion People Are Fighting Online Because Of This Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.