Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother (5596 Views)

Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) / Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife / I'm A Proud Single Mother Of 9-Years-Old Dude; Lady Reveals On Facebook. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 8:58am On Sep 16, 2020
mutter:

I'm sorry. I only received your mail afterward. I didn't put the bad network into consideration.
Please bear with me. After several scams in the past I have become sensitive.

It's ok. I understand. Thank you once again. I really appreciate it .
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by Liftmaster: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2020
MhizzMarcelina:

Thank you so much for opting to help me. I am so grateful. The thing is that I would have loved to go into the selling of cooked Food business because I know how to cook very well. But my Aunt has said I can't do such kind of business staying in her house. She suggested I should travel to the village to do such not in her house. Right now, I just need a Job honestly Speaking. Or to learn a trade. I can learn about Fashion designing. Thank you so much. Please, can i inbox you?

I've always suspected that the issues involved are beyond financial. Is there some other backstory we are not aware of? I'm sorry, but I can't offer you a job but can proffer some advice. The purpose of a job is first and foremost to provide income = running a business that generates profit. Can you try to convince your aunt that you can do this in a dignified manner suited to her tastes? I can see her being concerned about the "table and wheel barrow" modus operandi of your plan being that you are a graduate. After all, we Nigerians are a proud and somewhat haughty people. How about you come up with a plan to do this in a more established manner rather than the seemingly mobile/hawker format you currently have? I honestly think you have a better chance of succeeding if you go into this business, primarily because this is your choice and you seem to have an interest in it.
Your other alternative as you mentioned is to learn a trade. Have you thought through how this will work. How long before you are proficient and can start earning an income? What help do you need for this?
I am willing to help out financially, which I think may probably be the least of the issues involved. But you need to state exactly what you need and put some skin in the game by fighting for yourself. Think about this. You have been offered financing to pursue the business of your choice but your Aunt is the stumbling block. You need to figure out how to overcome this. But know this. I will still support you whatever way you decide to go. My only concern is that one way seems to have a better chance of success than the other.
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2020
Liftmaster:

I've always suspected that the issues involved are beyond financial. Is there some other backstory we are not aware of? I'm sorry, but I can't offer you a job but can proffer some advice. The purpose of a job is first and foremost to provide income = running a business that generates profit. Can you try to convince your aunt that you can do this in a dignified manner suited to her tastes? I can see her being concerned about the "table and wheel barrow" modus operandi of your plan being that you are a graduate. After all, we Nigerians are a proud and somewhat haughty people. How about you come up with a plan to do this in a more established manner rather than the seemingly mobile/hawker format you currently have? I honestly think you have a better chance of succeeding if you go into this business, primarily because this is your choice and you seem to have an interest in it.
Your other alternative as you mentioned is to learn a trade. Have you thought through how this will work. How long before you are proficient and can start earning an income? What help do you need for this?
I am willing to help out financially, which I think may probably be the least of the issues involved. But you need to state exactly what you need and put some skin in the game by fighting for yourself. Think about this. You have been offered financing to pursue the business of your choice but your Aunt is the stumbling block. You need to figure out how to overcome this. But know this. I will still support you whatever way you decide to go. My only concern is that one way seems to have a better chance of success than the other.

The issue may be that as am staying in her house, I should not be using her kitchen to cook food that I will sell or something of that. Running the business in a more advanced way would require a lot of capital. Like renting of shop, buying chairs and table and other equipment. It would need a lot of money. It's true that Learning a trade would require time for me to learn and master before earning from it, but it would also be that, at least i have a handwork and i would be less available at home than it is now. In as much as i love to have a job, i can learn a skill . i am probably looking at Fashion designing, as it is what most people are learning and recommending. But I would also consider learning bakery maybe online on YouTube as the case may be. Please, Liftmaster, is there a way i can contact you? You are not replying your dms. I put down my number for you before, but i removed it as i started getting some funny msgs from some folks here.
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by thorpido(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2020
MhizzMarcelina:

The issue may be that as am staying in her house, I should not be using her kitchen to cook food that I will sell or something of that. Running the business in a more advanced way would require a lot of capital. Like renting of shop, buying chairs and table and other equipment. It would need a lot of money. It's true that Learning a trade would require time for me to learn and master before earning from it, but it would also be that, at least i have a handwork and i would be less available at home than it is now. In as much as i love to have a job, i can learn a skill . i am probably looking at Fashion designing, as it is what most people are learning and recommending. But I would also consider learning bakery maybe online on YouTube as the case may be. Please, Liftmaster, is there a way i can contact you? You are not replying your dms. I put down my number for you before, but i removed it as i started getting some funny msgs from some folks here.
How much does it cost to get a shop in the town where you are?
You may not be setting up a restaurant now but I still think your cooking business is feasible.I think you just need basic cooking utensils and a place to sell.....take away stuff.
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2020
thorpido:
How much does it cost to get a shop in the town where you are?
You may not be setting up a restaurant now but I still think your cooking business is feasible.I think you just need basic cooking utensils and a place to sell.....take away stuff.

To get a Shop where I stay can cost not less than 50k, according to the little research I made. So, setting up a restaurant can be estimated to cost a budget of 100 - 120k.
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by thorpido(m): 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2020
MhizzMarcelina:

To get a Shop where I stay can cost not less than 50k, according to the little research I made. So, setting up a restaurant can be estimated to cost a budget of 100 - 120k.
Well, depends on how much you are able to raise.It may not be a restaurant now but an outlet to sell food and you grow it from there.

1 Like

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by Sugargul: 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2020
MhizzMarcelina:
My story is a long one, but before I start, I just want you all to know that this is a true story, I am not a scammer. I can provide evidence and sign an agreement/undertaking if the need be.

I am a University graduate, I had a 2:1 in History and Strategic Studies and have completed my Youth Service.

I got pregnant in my final year, second semester for my boyfriend whom I thought loves me, but I was wrong. Our relationship was not really a serious affair as such, I met him in my 2nd year in Enugu. We were only chatting for a while before we first met in my 3rd year again. The relationship was a long-distance thing because he stays in Enugu and I was schooling outside of Enugu.

I can count how many times I have seen him, 6 times. The 6th was when I got pregnant, we have not met for 11 months, I was preoccupied with school and other stuff. Eventually, I visited. Like I knew what will happen, I warned him to use Condom but he said no, that whatever happens, he will take care of me.

I realized I was pregnant after 1 month, called him, but he said I should abort. I went to 2 pharmacies but they objected until I provide him to sign an undertaking. And I was in school, he was in Enugu. I was so scared, confused, and didn't know what to do. See my project coming, see exams, how I managed to scale through with the pregnancy, is still a miracle to me. I could remember carrying 8 months of pregnancy to Taraba State where I was posted for NYSC, I could still remember my swollen legs after the journey.

It was a terrible experience, I won't wish even my worst enemy to go through one bit of what I went through. Even after childbirth, I bleed for 6 weeks as a result of some leftover placenta. The sleepless nights, the cryings, the frustrations, the wretchedness, the shame. The whole time, my boyfriend was not in the picture. He stopped picking my calls. I visited him with my 8 months pregnancy, he sent me away and warned me never to come to look for him.

I have been staying with this aunt of mine all through my pregnancy, even did my NYSC in her house, I was reposted from Camp to Imo State. But it was not easy living with her. She is this person that complains about everything, even the food I eat. She contributed to my frustrations. I won't lie that she has helped me, but it was frustrating because she is too bitter towards me.

I completed my service and relocated to the village to stay with my parents. As of then, my daughter was 8 months old. I was doing all the village chores to survive with my child. But along the line, my mother died of a snake bite when my child was 1 year and 7 months. It was devastating!! I didn't think I could survive it, my mum had been a strong support and I was at peace staying in the village with her. I became a shadow of myself, I started working as a roadside sweeper. Sweeping express road early in the morning.

Things were not easy for me in the village since my mum passed away. I had to travel back to stay with that aunt of mine. God, it was hell living with her. I was enduring every tribulation I faced living in my aunt's house until I couldn't endure it further after a strong misunderstanding where she hauled insults at me calling me names even prostitute and reminding me that she is the one fending for me. I got angry and traveled to Abuja to my girlfriend's with my daughter. Things were not easy there as well, I didn't see any job to do. And no money, I had to travel back to the village.

I resolved to carry my cross the way I saw it. I kept reminding myself that I was paying for the sin of fornication. I was doing village chores and saving small money. I started applying for jobs online until I got a job in Enugu. I took my child to my aunt because there is nothing I could do and no one I could entrust my child with. And I needed to get out of that village that was turning me into an old woman.

So, as bitter as it is, I left my daughter to the aunt that has been a torn to my flesh. I started working in Enugu in a firm, the job came with accommodation. But, bearly working for just 5 months, Covid19 struck, I was laid off from the 20,000 naira job I was managing.

I went back to my aunt and daughter, since the Covid19. I have been Jobless and broke. It is frustrating with my aunt on my head constantly reminding me that I am doing nothing but eating. Sometimes, I starve myself so that she won't complain about the food. She picks at everything I do in the house. My presence irritates her, i don't have peace of mind at all, am scared and afraid.. I have even lost my self-esteem.

I am 26 years old, broke, homeless, no bussiness, and a child. My aunt is a big woman in a federal government job. She has a good job and earns good money but finds it hard to help, she complains and calculates everything she has done for somebody. Staying with her is like staying in hellfire. She is not married.

Please, I need someone to help me with a job that has accommodation and can require me to bring my 4 years daughter along. Please.. Or any suggestions that can help me to be a better version of my self. I need help. This aunt of mine thinks without her, I am nothing, I really want to prove her wrong. As I said, I am ready to provide evidence and sign an agreement if need be.

Sorry about your experience. Where are you located? I have a job opportunity you might be interested in. Do let me know.

1 Like

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Sugargul:

Sorry about your experience. Where are you located? I have a job opportunity you might be interested in. Do let me know.

Thank you... I sent you a dm
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by Liftmaster: 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2020
thorpido:
Well, depends on how much you are able to raise.It may not be a restaurant now but an outlet to sell food and you grow it from there.

OP, I like this idea and can get behind it. So what have you decided to do? I see there is a job possibility out there along with the fashion apprenticeship. I may not be able to get on Naira land and check this thread everyday due to work commitments, so my responses may be few and far between. But the choice is yours as I have said. I really do not know how the DMs work here, but then, would like to keep things on here and in the open. No need to post a contact #. If and when you decide, all that's needed is your acct #
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 7:24am On Sep 21, 2020
Liftmaster:

OP, I like this idea and can get behind it. So what have you decided to do? I see there is a job possibility out there along with the fashion apprenticeship. I may not be able to get on Naira land and check this thread everyday due to work commitments, so my responses may be few and far between. But the choice is yours as I have said. I really do not know how the DMs work here, but then, would like to keep things on here and in the open. No need to post a contact #. If and when you decide, all that's needed is your acct #

Thank you for your concern. For the Job opportunity, there isn't any that I have gotten for now. My decision is to go with what Thorpido has suggested, I think is better.
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by mcdokwe(m): 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
Hello lady,

How are you doing? Read through your thread, hope you go the needed help?
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
mcdokwe:
Hello lady,

How are you doing? Read through your thread, hope you go the needed help?

Not yet oh.. But I am very much hopeful though sad
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by mcdokwe(m): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
MhizzMarcelina:

Not yet oh.. But I am very much hopeful though sad

God's grace, country hard but we must all keep pushing, do not put all your eggs in a basket but remember your aunty is not your problem.

You need to create a life of your own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tell My Parents I Don’t Believe In God? / Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? / Need Advice From Married Couples/divorced Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.