Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

"Nigeria Was Great" Did Your Guardian Or Parent Told You That? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Nigeria Was Great" Did Your Guardian Or Parent Told You That? (263 Views)

Mention The Lies Your Ex Told You / Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? / What's The Most Shocking Lie Your Partner Ever Told You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigeria Was Great" Did Your Guardian Or Parent Told You That? by Blackmoran(m): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2020
I can bet most of us have heard stories from our parent or elderly ones how great or better Nigeria was when growing up..

my dad use to reminisce about old times he came from a poor family that don't even value education, through pure will he was able to scrap through elementary school, got a scholarahip for is secondary and tertiary education the month he graduated he was bombarded with three different job offers, he later settle for Unilever PLC. He told me after 3 month to his new job he get bored took a month break the next month took another job at afribank which is now polaris bank now... he bought is first beetle Volkswagen at the age of 26, during is twenties he was already living is dreams.

hearing this stories I imagine how many graduate after years of searching and luckily geting a job will have the balls to get bored on a job..
looking at my own journey there is a great and wide experience from my dad and elderly ones all through my schooling years I have to struggle through just grateful am from a average family after graduation from university my eyes are now open to the real world, after years of searching for job I have to throw the useless certificate away, am doing good to some extent for myself today due to pure ruggedness.

it seems as every generation evolves it is getting worst, in 1972 during my dad younger era Nigeria exchange rate to the us dollar was 0.658, 1989 when I was born exchange rate 7.39, by the year 1999 exchange rate was 21.89 . today as of 31 of august our dear country exchange rate is 477.00 to the dollar!!!! God pls what is going on?

have a little daughter now right now am telling her what my dad told me "how great Nigeria is now" cause I surely know by the time she would grow to be a adult looking back at now will be OK, my dad reminisce he bought is first car 3000 naira, I told my daughter I bought my first car tokunbo 900,000 naira. I can only imagine what she will tell her own offspring.

we are all complaining how bad things are but sincerely I see no hope things will get worst and each generation will keep reminiscing about the good old times..
Re: "Nigeria Was Great" Did Your Guardian Or Parent Told You That? by mamaafrik(m): 8:23am On Sep 03, 2020
Yesooooo,my mum ,my dad and uncle told me about when they will use canned Sardine ti cook stew.
When they were offered 6 jobs while serving abd the employer paid for interview t.fare from Aba to Abeokuta to and fro.
Where the oil and big coys will sent representative to zoom you off during you final exam at the university.
The funny thing con be say na the foolish mango wey enjoy those goodies con get to power and turn the upcoming into pig farm.
Re: "Nigeria Was Great" Did Your Guardian Or Parent Told You That? by danielistics(m): 8:48am On Sep 03, 2020
Let me book space before the elders arrive.
Re: "Nigeria Was Great" Did Your Guardian Or Parent Told You That? by nuelsam: 8:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Re: "Nigeria Was Great" Did Your Guardian Or Parent Told You That? by Amotolongbo(f): 9:10am On Sep 03, 2020
These same elders who had the opportunity to enjoy the great Nigeria were also the ones who spoilt it

“Awon aponmi oke ru ti odo” (Those that unsettled the river flow after fetching from the upper course)

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About Relationships / Bbnaija: Prince And Tolanibaj Plays The Couple Games In An Exclusive Interview / Redpiller Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.