Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? (41084 Views)

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / List Of Sociology Textbooks Of All Time / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by limo21: 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Iam a 2nd Class upper graduate of Sociology. I got a job less than a month after NYSC, and have since then had the courtesy of changing 2 other good jobs before the present one within a space of 5 years. My advice however will be to concentrate and come out with a good grade cos even good graduates of PHE are working in sectors where graduates with designated certificate won’t cos of poor result. And you will be doing yourself a big Favour if you are very good in the aspect of Social research. Being a good sociology is synonymous to being an excellent researcher cos this makes you very suitable for NGOs and academic jobs. Las las just concentrate on developing yourself regardless of the discipline u are studying

justebuka:
Urgent: Please All Gradauate Of sociology Where Are You Working Now

am a student of uniport dep of sociology
I initially wanted law b4 waec then i changed my min during jamb
Please how good is sociology and as a graduate where are you working
And which jobs is promising to us

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Uyi168: 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:

u must be dreaming...
Yeye course?
lemme tell u, Governor of Rivers state just built houses for Judges.

Law na better thing

U wouldn't understand..
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Uyi168: 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Samakus:

With due and utmost respect, you're a dunce for categorizing Political Science as a waste of time. I am proud to be Political Scientist and I'm proud of the little height I have achieved with my certificate so far.

Stop stereotyping.
U probably the few doing well..
Pol science na better waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
FahBuLous:
my Econs is nt dat qud, can i use commerce?
Use maths instead
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
limo21:
Iam a 2nd Class upper graduate of Sociology. I got a job less than a month after NYSC, and have since then had the courtesy of changing 2 other good jobs before the present one within a space of 5 years. My advice however will be to concentrate and come out with a good grade cos even good graduates of PHE are working in sectors where graduates with designated certificate won’t cos of poor result. And you will be doing yourself a big Favour if you are very good in the aspect of Social research. Being a good sociology is synonymous to being an excellent researcher cos this makes you very suitable for NGOs and academic jobs. Las las just concentrate on developing yourself regardless of the discipline u are studying

Please what was ur first job?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by macjireh: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

let me tell u d simple truth...u need skills to get d jobs currently in d market,,unless u are sure of getting a government job after graduation which is very very slim...only d rich and highly connected can put their children in government jobs...sometimes they need to pay as high as 500k to secure those jobs for their children...... but my advice to u now is BETWEEN NOW AND WEN U GRADUATE GO AND GET A CERTIFICATION IN HR OR ICAN OR ACCA...TRY AND TILT TOWARDS HUMAN RESOURCE OR ACCOUNTING NOW COS EVERY ORGANIZATION NEEDS THEIR SERVICES...anything apart from these,,just get ready to do ur private business.. I've told u

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Does that mean no opporrtunity after the degree?

The humanitarian Sector... N the United Nations
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by prinxwizard(m): 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

I graduated from same school and dept last year....
Just get good grades and follow the rest as they fall in place. There's no guarantee of a job out here.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Richdee1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
Roseey0:
I read Sociology. I don't regret it.. I am Currently an Health Entrepreneur but applying all my sociological skills while on the job.

Done NGO jobs, civil service, customer services in private sector, and many others before I decided to pick a societal problem and focus on it which is what sociology is all about. Am proud of the few people whose life I have been able to lighten up with the problem I solve. Am still a work in progress. Never stopping.

Change your mindset about certificates and jobs. Sociology exposes you to societal problems and develops your critical thinking abilities to solve those problems. It's broad and helps you fit anywhere.

The first thing people ask me when they meet me is if I am a medical doctor. Lol. I only read Sociology but as a problem solver and with my research abilities, I know much more than your doctor.

Please which NGO did u work?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Richdee1(m): 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:
We tend to insult so much Thats bad
Apologies Bro.. I never meant it He just didnt understand my sentence
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by infometric: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

the knowledge you will gain when you study sociology is not a weast, even if you don,t secure white collar job the knowledge would help you in your business, in terms of marketing your products(because of understanding of human behaviour and society ) also if you have a large scale business sociological knowledge would enable you employ the right people and to manage your employee
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
macjireh:

let me tell u d simple truth...u need skills to get d jobs currently in d market,,unless u are sure of getting a government job after graduation which is very very slim...only d rich and highly connected can put their children in government jobs...sometimes they need to pay as high as 500k to secure those jobs for their children...... but my advice to u now is BETWEEN NOW AND WEN U GRADUATE GO AND GET A CERTIFICATION IN HR OR ICAN OR ACCA...TRY AND TILT TOWARDS HUMAN RESOURCE OR ACCOUNTING NOW COS EVERY ORGANIZATION NEEDS THEIR SERVICES...anything apart from these,,just get ready to do ur private business.. I've told u
Thanks so much
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
infometric:
the knowledge you will gain when you study sociology is not a weast, even if you don,t secure white collar job the knowledge would help you in your business, in terms of marketing your products(because of understanding of human behaviour and society ) also if you have a large scale business sociological knowledge would enable you employ the right people and to manage your employee
Thanks again
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
Richdee1:

Apologies Bro.. I never meant it He just didnt understand my sentence
No p gee
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
prinxwizard:

I graduated from same school and dept last year....
Just get good grades and follow the rest as they fall in place. There's no guarantee of a job out here.
Are u workin yet??
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Find yourself a good connection, nobody cares about your course, a sociology graduate can work in CBN with the right connection. Connection is bae.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by prinxwizard(m): 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Are u workin yet??
Nothing substantial yet.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Fvcknigga: 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
macjireh:

how do I get a cert in HR??
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by kenny160: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
Whatever you want to do pray for God mercy

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
prinxwizard:
Nothing substantial yet.
Have u served??
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by macjireh: 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
Fvcknigga:
how do I get a cert in HR??
check ds link and see HR courses u can take...use google to research further
https://www.business.com/articles/best-hr-talent-acquisition-certifications/
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nuttella:
Find yourself a good connection, nobody cares about your course, a sociology graduate can work in CBN with the right connection. Connection is bae.
No be wifi abi bluetooth na
Its not common
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
macjireh:

check ds link and see HR courses u can take...use google to research further

I would like to do a cert involving computers
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by macjireh: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Thanks so much
ur welcome... even if u can't take any of such training s now,,prepare ur mind for it in d not distant future

D's is a link for top HR certifications u can do

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by prinxwizard(m): 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Have u served??
No sire..... We are not even through with school clearance before this whole COVID19 stuff started.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

No be wifi abi bluetooth na
Its not common
Make use of your service very well, I know a lady that met a politician daughter during Nysc, helped her in doing chores, this politician gave her and her sister a job in federal govt agency. Build your connection.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by macjireh: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

I would like to do a cert involving computers
Dats IT....instead just go for HR,,its more related to ur field...IT is more like contract related.... wen u don't have a contract u become stranded...and most likely u will be ur own boss as an IT guru
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
macjireh:

Dats IT....instead just go for HR,,its more related to ur field...IT is more like contract related.... wen u don't have a contract u become stranded...and most likely u will be ur own boss as an IT guru
Okay
I thought IT cert gets u job easily
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
macjireh:

ur welcome... even if u can't take any of such training s now,,prepare ur mind for it in d not distant future

D's is a link for top HR certifications u can do

Doing it now will be stressful and waste money
Will do it after graduation
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nuttella:
Make use of your service very well, I know a lady that met a politician daughter during Nysc, helped her in doing chores, this politician gave her and her sister a job in federal govt agency. Build your connection.
Nice one
Pray for mine also
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
prinxwizard:

No sire..... We are not even through with school clearance before this whole COVID19 stuff started.
Ok bruh
Wish u the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

4 Most Used Words By Nigerian Ladies / Nigerian Universities Academic Staff(teaching) Salary Structure / Electricity Pole Danger In Kaduna Polytechnic (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.