Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? (41067 Views)

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / List Of Sociology Textbooks Of All Time / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2020
FahBuLous:
DELSU
Ave u written jamb?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
justebuka:

Hater alert!!
hate you as how?? am a Pharmacist I don't belong to your mediocre class. good luck with ur sociology
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
banjo022:
hate you as how?? am a Pharmacist I don't belong to your mediocre class. good luck with ur sociology
Such thought is bad
"mediocre"
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
banjo022:
You being a pharmacist doesnot mean you are better than a sociologist in any way
It doesnt mean you will do better too
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2020
justebuka:

You being a pharmacist doesnot mean you are better than a sociologist in any way
It doesnt mean you will do better too
except u get a political appointment them no born sociologist to breath where Pharmacist they.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
banjo022:

except u get a political appointment them no born sociologist to breath where Pharmacist they.
Oga be like say u nor no the value of sociology
abi na so the pharmacy gud na them admit u??
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Eagba(m): 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
themaestro08:

Benz and crap in one sentence? OK clown grin grin
Benz became excellent from day one, low self esteem is your middle name
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Roseey0(f): 5:11am On Sep 06, 2020
OvaSabi1:

I bet that even if you had not studied sociology, you'd still be doing the current job you're doing. That is because it is in you. You have had this gift. It's not a university lecturer and his obsolete hand out who gave you the tools you currently have. However, OP may not have that gift. There are a lot of free resources online that will empower you in sociology. This is why it is always better to go into a professional field first. You can always circle back to your passion. Even Accounting, Engineering, Architecture, Nursing all deal with solving societal problems. There are medical doctors who are acting, they didn't study theatre arts.

True.
That's why I said he should change his mindset about certificates and jobs. It didn't really matter what you read. You will still end up where God wants you if you work with him.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Roseey0(f): 5:12am On Sep 06, 2020
justebuka:

Sorry
But who is paying??
The people you are solving their problem will pay you. When the demand gets higher you train others to help you and a conglomerate is formed..
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by themaestro08(m): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2020
Eagba:
Benz became excellent from day one, low self esteem is your middle name

OK clown. :DKindly know that Karl Benz invented the automobile, and till date no brand does better than benz
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Eagba(m): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
themaestro08:

OK clown. :DKindly know that Karl Benz invented the automobile, and till date no brand does better than benz
ode, if you like go n browse n come here n be like" Karl Benz yen yen yen". ode it still took Benz time to become the brand it is today and with support n patronage from from their people first , they became what they are today. ode nobody gets it right at first. n ode stop quoting me
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by themaestro08(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
Eagba:
ode, if you like go n browse n come here n be like" Karl Benz yen yen yen". ode it still took Benz time to become the brand it is today and with support n patronage from from their people first , they became what they are today. ode nobody gets it right at first. n ode stop quoting me

Ode is that all you can pull grin ? What a shitty moderfucker grin.

Let me school you a bit. Mercedes Benz is infamously well known for ages as a reliable and premium automobile brand, it cars were never mediocre, always ahead of its peers - innovative, classy and luxury. It seems you are very ignorant and stupid to understand basic information .

You don't expect me to patronise crappy "made in Nigeria" goods simply for the sake of it. That's not how life works. Even in Germany not everyone buy German cars despite being of high quality.

So Mr ode grin, make some simple Google search and stop disgracing your moronic self
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by IndimaYethu86: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
This event might help sociology majors:

Please join our upcoming career counselling webinar hosted by Indima Yethu from

Time : 10 - 11am (South African Time)

Date : Monday, September 7th 2020, via this link : https://meet.google.com/yqz-ruie-ezy

How to make career choices as a sociology major during covid-19
Monday, September 7

Join with Google Meet
meet.google.com/yqz-ruie-ezy

You can register for the event via this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-make-career-choices-during-covid-19-tickets-116057857175?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by edoairways: 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Sociology is the study of man's behaviour in groups or of interaction among human beings of social relationships and the processes by which human group activity takes place.
Career Opportunities and Job Options in Sociology
Advice worker
Community development worker
Family support worker
Further education teacher
International aid/development worker
Social researcher
Social worker
Youth worker
Actuarial analyst
Charity fundraiser
[i]Detective[/i]
Housing manager/officer
Human resources officer
Life coach
Probation officer
Public relations officer
UX analyst
Have you tried this aspect at the bolded italics?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Seniorwriter(m): 6:47am On Sep 07, 2020
sunnymighty:

PM me pls.

I believe in been proactive ..... let's discuss on Facebook messenger!

Cheers.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Coldfeets: 1:51pm On Sep 08, 2020
justebuka:

You are the problem of nigeria
Instead to profer solution or remain silent you are checking my english out
Mtchew

Why should I give any solution to a useless fool who doesn't even know what he is supposed to be doing while in school?l
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2020
Coldfeets:

Why should I give any solution to a useless fool who doesn't even know he is doing in school?l

Prof who knows what he wants from school
You forgot "what"
Just 4 letter
that's life
When we are more focued on the mistake of others rather than their true self we tend to make mistakes ourselves
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Seniorwriter(m): 9:13am On Sep 10, 2020
sunnymighty:

PM me pls.
Alright
Kindly let us deliberate on Facebook messenger.
Get InTouch or drop your FB details.

Best Regards
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Freedgenie: 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2023
SDEC:

You can't take everybody's advise. Sociology is not entirely useless. In fact you have better opportunities especially in law enforcement. If you don't like a job that involves guns there are others like Immigration, NDLEA, ICPC, EFCC e.t.c with departments where you don't need a gun. Go through with your Sociology and maybe a masters in Criminology, make good grades, build your communication skills and intellect and the sky would be your limit. You can still get your lecturing job with that combination, I'm a Criminology student and most of my lecturers a sociologists with masters in criminology because during their time we didn't have criminology in Nigeria. Destinies and grace differs. There's no harm in learning one or two skills though.
Have you graduated and how is criminology going?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) / Sudan: Buses Evacuating Nigerian Students Stop In The Sahara Over Non-Payment / Post Graduate Programmes In Nigerian Universities Outlined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.