Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? (41167 Views)

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / List Of Sociology Textbooks Of All Time / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Seniorwriter(m): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2020
sunnymighty:

Dude! i am a graduate of Sociology and by the grace of God occupying a managerial position in a top NGO in Nigeria. Thank you.

What's the name of the NGO?
Where is it located and what the clout like?
I'm asking for a Fundraiser/campaign Involvement!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Seniorwriter(m): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2020
sunnymighty:

Dude! i am a graduate of Sociology and by the grace of God occupying a managerial position in a top NGO in Nigeria. Thank you.

What's the name of the NGO?
Where is it located and what's the clout like?
I'm asking for a Fundraiser/campaign Involvement!

Cheers
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Ejusni(m): 8:57am On Sep 04, 2020
cucumbae:
I used to envy graduates but when my friend who has graduated from the University a few years ago and has not gotten a lucrative job other than teaching in a private school is asking me teach him my handwork.I come dey wonder whether he dey whyne me ni.Na engineering this guy study O.

What course did he read and what grade did he graduate with?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:57am On Sep 04, 2020
I think sociology is the course Buhari read in IMSU?

sorry I was just joking oo!!!!!! haha
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:57am On Sep 04, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Bsc, MSc, PhD, pgde, Hons, Edu, Doctor, SSCE, WAEC na Major Scam.

Las las, you go act blue film
Even if u wan act am go school first e go make sense pass

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by ofiko123(m): 8:57am On Sep 04, 2020
Sociology is a good course..

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:58am On Sep 04, 2020
NwaIgboBoy:
I think sociology is the course Buhari read in IMSU?

sorry I was just joking oo!!!!!! haha
guy eh
Am serious here o
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Lisaint(m): 8:58am On Sep 04, 2020
Not only sociology

Where are the graduates of geography and planning sciences?

Even the military prefer graduates of Surveying/Architecture to graduates of geography and planning sciences!

Whereas this is an accredited course

I was checking the some courses listed in the army dssc thread few days back and was so shocking that even army is not taking graduates of geography!

As someone said above
Even professional course don’t guarantee you will see work.

Just try to learn a skill alongside schooling

Right now im a graduate of Geography & Planning science.

Currently awaiting Nysc

Right now

I’m learning Aluminum installation

Nigeria is all about connections
It not about what you study

If u know people at the top
You will work in the bank even with a degree in Nursing.

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by derbykol(f): 8:58am On Sep 04, 2020
cucumbae:
I used to envy graduates but when my friend who has graduated from the University a few years ago and has not gotten a lucrative job other than teaching in a private school is asking me teach him my handwork.I come dey wonder whether he dey whyne me ni.Na engineering this guy study O.
What branch of engineering?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:59am On Sep 04, 2020
ofiko123:
Sociology is a good course..
How good And what about jobs
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 04, 2020
sociology as a guy I wouldn't advise u to study that course it a very useless course. there are no employment opportunities for them except u r well connected.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Am new to nairaland dont know how

Gba oyen' a nkiti o guru gi wayo.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Johnchrix(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2020
if u are not business minded u will suffer bro, no jobs in this country.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:01am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

guy eh
Am serious here o

ok , from all I know sociologiest can work in most organizations expecialy as HR's ( human resource )

thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:01am On Sep 04, 2020
Lisaint:
Not only sociology

Where are the graduates of geography and planning sciences?

Even the military prefer graduates of Surveying/Architecture to graduates of geography and planning sciences!

Whereas this is an accredited course

I was checking the some courses listed in the army dssc thread few days back and was so shocking that even army is not taking graduates of geography!

As someone said above
Even professional course don’t guarantee you will see work.

Just try to learn a skill alongside schooling

Right now im a graduate of Geography & Planning science.

Currently awaiting Nysc

Right now

I’m learning Aluminum installation

Nigeria is all about connections
It not about what you study

If u know people at the top
You will work in the bank even with a degree in Nursing.
hmmmmm
nigeria self
Is geography professional?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by noobsaibot2(m): 9:01am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:
Urgent: Please All Gradauate Of sociology Where Are You Working Now

am a student of uniport dep of sociology
I initially wanted law b4 waec then i changed my min during jamb
Please how good is sociology and as a graduate where are you working
And which jobs is promising to us

My candid advice, go for Education and become a good teacher (qualified).

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by SocialJustice: 9:02am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Am already a student
It aint that easy switching to law
U saying sociology is useless just makes me scared
Are you a sociologist?
I am not. Nothing to be scared of, just look for an opportunity to start earning. The earlier the better. When opportunity for people that are graduates come up, you can apply. There is no job in this country, even mechanical engineers are riding okada and teaching mathematics in secondary schools.

Just keep your eye open for ways you can make money long term and start developing it.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2020
NwaIgboBoy:

ok , from all I know sociologiest can work in most organizations expecialy as HR's ( human resource )

thanks!
Thanks
Thats what i was told that we can work in almost all organisations but some others might say the degree is useless
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Aladdin1(m): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2020
Dont just bother yourself. just graduate and join your mates who have graduated years ago at home. The truth is that no course you study in Nigeria has any prospect to land you automatic job after graduation. The only prospect is having a solid connection. Nigeria is dead as a nation and thats the reality on ground. It doesnt really matter the course you study. After graduation the government would tell you to go and learn how to fry akara or kpekere or you go and start selling rat poison.

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Am new to nairaland dont know how

you don't know how to send DM but you know how to create a post and also quote people's reply.. may God forgive you. if you like study heaven and earth, if you are lazy and don't have the fear of God you won't make it in life.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2020
SocialJustice:
I am not. Nothing to be scared of, just look for an opportunity to start earning. The earlier the better. When opportunity for people that are graduates come up, you can apply. There is no job in this country, even mechanical engineers are riding okada and teaching mathematics in secondary schools.

Just keep your eye open for ways you can make money long term and start developing it.
Thanks this goes a long way
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Kutzy01: 9:04am On Sep 04, 2020
Finish ur school do some gud certification's become a professional n use ur wide knowledge from studying sociology to navigate in life my brother. Sociology is a gud course but there are no jobs for sociologist in dis country.

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2020
Ehinmen3:

you don't know how to send DM but you know how to create a post and also quote people's reply.. may God forgive you. if you like study heaven and earth, if you are lazy and don't have the fear of God you won't make it in life.
I sincerely dont know how
I got in a day b4 yesterday
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Coldfeets: 9:04am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:
[s]Urgent: Please All Gradauate Of sociology Where Are You Working Now
am a student of uniport dep of sociology
I initially wanted law b4 waec then i changed my min during jamb
Please how good is sociology and as a graduate where are you working
And which jobs is promising to us[/s]

Guy, your English sucks.

You are not even fit to be a GRADUATE.

It is an insult to the true graduates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by ofiko123(m): 9:09am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

How good
And what about jobs

I know sociology graduates who work in Radio and TV stations..
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2020
Ejusni:

What course did he read and what grade did he graduate with?
I know say him be science students way back in secondary school.He sabi further maths, chemistry and other science subjects,but i no know whether na civil or electrical or mechanical engineering him study.But I know say him study engineering course for University.As I do post jamb wey I no pass I come decide to go into learning of skills acquisition.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:10am On Sep 04, 2020
Coldfeets:

Guy, your English sucks.
You are not even fit to be a GRADUATE.
It is an insult to the true graduates.
You are the problem of nigeria Instead to profer solution or remain silent you are checking my english out Mtchew

7 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Alexaonfleek: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2020
I have an aunty who studied this sociology course.
Las Las she clung to her hubby's money grin

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by RealEzee(m): 9:11am On Sep 04, 2020
They're working on social media na grin

Tbh u still dey discover ursef, plus u Sha no won disappoint ur peeps, but know Dat u r a success to them no matter what u do except crime tho, I'd say learn a skill attached to it, try working out d masters u dey talk of, if na abroad u won try am den that's cool too bud, Sha find ursef in d process, no b everybody gas b yahoo Boys who go b lawyer n doctor or pastor or politician or Boko Haram etc ? grin

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by roszilman: 9:11am On Sep 04, 2020
Danwakae:

Is that supposed to be a question ??... I have given u my own advice ... U can decide not to take it , if u have Parent or relatives among the senior political class in Nigeria , who can get u a big and lucrative job in nigeria even if I study Hausa language in the university.
guy pack well abeg, if nor get what to say to motivate we aspirant, keep shut! Naija na game so forget course abeg
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:12am On Sep 04, 2020
ofiko123:

I know sociology graduates who work in Radio and TV stations..
Thanks
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by kilimanjaro(m): 9:12am On Sep 04, 2020
Danwakae:

I will advice you to study a good course , because those who does and with good grade are yet to get a job let alone SOCIOLOGY, that the Nigeria system will never consider ...

Study sociology to become a better person and a graduate and not because u want to earn a living from it in Nigeria... Sociology in Nigeria , lolsss... Why not even use the money to go learn one handwork now and start earning soon rather than wasting enough time in the university , graduate and go back to starts all over again with an handwork ??... I believe Allah will overlook your short comings and make your case different .

Bro, you are a mad man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / JAMB Important Information To All Newly Admitted Candidates For 2016/2017 / My Husband Still Rides Okada - Success' Mum Speaks On Life After The Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.