Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? (41090 Views)

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / List Of Sociology Textbooks Of All Time / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 7:20am On Sep 04, 2020
[quote author=festico post=93552222][/quote]
Dont get
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by jeph19(m): 7:29am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:
so your advise is for me to drop out?
Use your tongue to count your teeth
That's not what he's saying
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 7:33am On Sep 04, 2020
jeph19:

Use your tongue to count your teeth
That's not what he's saying
Please if you can be more strict on what i should do i will very grateful

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Makaveli800: 8:32am On Sep 04, 2020
I just got admitted for the same course sociology Ui we in the same shoes bro have also been thinking what could be the job opportunities have read series of thoughts about the course on this forum while some people are castigating it some appreciate it but las las all everyone needs is grace unemployment has bewildered the whole country not just sociology alone every the glorified one there are people who studied sociology and are proud of it while some did it and regret am planning to chase career in human relation or even PR may God give us the grace

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by illiteratepmb: 8:45am On Sep 04, 2020
Bank
Teaching
Insurance
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by goldensoul55: 8:45am On Sep 04, 2020
Hahahahahha
Govt parastatals
Bank
School
But the truth is that no matter what you study in Nigeria . Go and learn a skill .

My kids will learn Skills before going to the university.
Nigeria education is a total waste of time . I have never worked with my certificate .my side skill is now my main hustle.

4 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Emmerlee(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2020
Telecommunications, over 10 years now and doing well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Topmaike007(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Nice i wanted to go for masters when i graduate with my saved earnings and go back as a lecturer
Dont know if its waste of money
Also have it in mind to travel to s.a or do the masters
Am confused
better use the money and start trade or better still learn skill or else you might finish the master and still not see lecturing job..

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Geminita: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2020
Focus and graduate with good result.

You can learn a skill along the line..

Sociology graduates can work as a social worker too...

I wish you well

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Collinsemegreat(m): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2020
LiveLifeHub:

The truth is even some law graduates are still looking for job. Get a copy of the book below!
Build Your Capacity for life after school. Send MD a DM.
who is the author?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Glaswegian: 8:48am On Sep 04, 2020
I know one that works in Airtel.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by MisterKings(m): 8:49am On Sep 04, 2020
So I just had a baby girl and I am confused as to what to tell her when she is of age, what to tell her regarding if there is any need to even attend the University at all, since this country has become a stupid mess and unemployment rate keeps skyrocketing on the daily.

You guys know that na our pikin go suffer this thing, right?

A country without a good system in place. This is depressing.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by tfash96(m): 8:49am On Sep 04, 2020
They're now working @ social gathering
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by truffle: 8:49am On Sep 04, 2020
U can start a career in HR,don't mind naysayers.
justebuka:
Urgent: Please All Gradauate Of sociology Where Are You Working Now

am a student of uniport dep of sociology
I initially wanted law b4 waec then i changed my min during jamb
Please how good is sociology and as a graduate where are you working
And which jobs is promising to us

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Chimdi22(m): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2020
Am a graduate of sociology and am a senior investigation officer at national human rights commission

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Snowkel(m): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Globacom

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Glaswegian: 8:50am On Sep 04, 2020
If you studied sociology and made a 2:1, you stand a better chance of getting more job test invites than someone that studied economics nd made a 2:2.

For entry level, grade matters a lot. Possibly more than course of study.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by AbuAeesha: 8:51am On Sep 04, 2020
sunnymighty:

Dude! i am a graduate of Sociology and by the grace of God occupying a managerial position in a top NGO in Nigeria. Thank you.
can you assist in getting a job offer with ur organization? thanks
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by 4tomandchi: 8:51am On Sep 04, 2020
Our system is funny it only in Nigeria you find someone who studied Banking and Finance directing a film while someone who studied Theater Arts Managing a Bank.

6 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Galactico4ever(m): 8:51am On Sep 04, 2020
femi4:
Nigeria Police Force.
Lol grin
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by InvertedHammer: 8:51am On Sep 04, 2020
/
The lucky ones among them are doing make-up or selling hair online. The luckier ones got married and followed whatever life throws at them.

The unlucky ones joined feminists' movements and are taking out their frustrations on men.

/

8 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by porthouse7(f): 8:51am On Sep 04, 2020
All na luck and connection no be by course

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by SocialJustice: 8:52am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Switch back to law. Sociology is a very useless course

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:53am On Sep 04, 2020
Makaveli800:
I just got admitted for the same course sociology Ui we in the same shoes bro have also been thinking what could be the job opportunities have read series of thoughts about the course on this forum while some people are castigating it some appreciate it but las las all everyone needs is grace unemployment has bewildered the whole country not just sociology alone every the glorified one there are people who studied sociology and are proud of it while some did it and regret am planning to chase career in human relation or even PR may God give us the grace
Thanks
Am thinking about runing my masters and beciming a lecturer
The way people are castigating the course self dey make me think say i make wrong choice
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Galactico4ever(m): 8:53am On Sep 04, 2020
Chimdi22:
Am a graduate of sociology and am a senior investigation officer at national human rights commission
Chy Boy wink
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by RapistOnBail: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Please if you can be more strict on what i should do i will very grateful
Bsc, MSc, PhD, pgde, Hons, Edu, Doctor, SSCE, WAEC na Major Scam.

Las las, you go act blue film
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Openbusiness: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2020
Selling intelligent dispenser for soap and sanitizer

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by hustla(m): 8:54am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

Branch into HR from there and then go for your MBA
Also learn other side stuff before you graduate

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2020
I used to envy graduates but when my friend who has graduated from the University a few years ago and has not gotten a lucrative job other than teaching in a private school is asking me to teach him my handwork.I come dey wonder whether he dey whyne me ni.Na engineering this guy study O.
No be say I don rent shop sef.Na house wey I dey get small work wey if him come visit me he go see my clients dey negotiate work wey I go do for them.

4 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:55am On Sep 04, 2020
SocialJustice:
Switch back to law. Sociology is a very useless course
Am already a student
It aint that easy switching to law
U saying sociology is useless just makes me scared
Are you a sociologist?

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2020
cucumbae:
I used to envy graduates but when my friend who has graduated from the University a few years ago and has not gotten a lucrative job other than teaching in a private school is asking me teach him my handwork.I come dey wonder whether he dey whyne me ni.Na engineering this guy study O.
Thats why i just want to be a lecturer
seems your course doesnot mattter when looking for a job

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities Academic Staff(teaching) Salary Structure / Electricity Pole Danger In Kaduna Polytechnic (Photos) / Russia University Hoisted Nigerian Flag To Honour Faith Ebunoluwa Ojedokun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.