Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo (14157 Views)

Wike: The Attention-Seeking Champion Of Opportunistic Justice - Ugoji Egbujo / 2023: Igbos Need Tinubu To Produce Nigeria’s Next President – Ohanaeze / Saraki Is No Oba : 55 Senators Can Force The Doors Open, By Ugoji Egbujo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by tuniski: 9:35am On Sep 05, 2020
VirginSearcher:

So after Buhari's eight yrs of waste then another Northern Fulani for more eight yrs of waste, other tribes are a joke right?.. are u not crazy/selfish?
If it is by voting, the northerner would still win.
Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by richie240: 9:36am On Sep 05, 2020
EcoBrick:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/2023-igbos-in-the-pdp-are-sleepwalking/
'Mr. Ugoji Egbujo', one of the few rational s/e'ner.
The majority are waiting for their much hated Islamic/Almajiri/Ewedu party to 'raise' their hand.
cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by kingzizzy: 9:36am On Sep 05, 2020
isthatso:
Remove Okonjo Iweala's name. Now that she has voluntarily taken up American citizenship, she can no longer contest to be a senator, governor or president in Nigeria.

So you dont know that Bukola Saraki was holding British/ Nigerian citizenship when he was Governor and Senate President?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by loopman: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2020
Misterdhee1:

The bolded is one reason why many have issues with an igbo man leading. How is Peter Obi more qualified than any Nigerian alive? On what metrics?

He governed tiny Anambra and turned the state into Catholic vs Protestant state. He ensured he used the tribalism card to deny Ngige a return to the senate.
He governed a monolithic state where 99% are his fellow Ibos.

So according to his fellow Ibos, he is the most qualified person to rule Nigeria

Truth is after Nnamdi Kanu. Peter Obi is the most unelectable ibo candidate for a national post

Atiku lost partly due to the Peter Obi factor

Clowns

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by fulanimafia: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2020
kingzizzy:

There are no friends in Nigeria, there are only sectional interests

You were the one that mentioned the SW and their northern friends that will surely vote for them against the SE.

Now why is the SE sectional interest not protected in the North like the SW?

Does it have anything to do with the below?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by PassingShot(m): 9:38am On Sep 05, 2020
The Igbos in the PDP should find their balls, or borrow some if they have none, and speak up.

grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by boolee(m): 9:39am On Sep 05, 2020
Ugo Egbujo is a Political Erudite. His Wisdom is Top notch. Amongst the Few i Hold in High Esteem in Nigeria.

God Bless you Man
God Bless the Good people of Nigeria
God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by fulanimafia: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2020
PassingShot:
The Igbos in the PDP should find their balls, or borrow some if they have none, and speak up.

grin grin

The whole thing is getting seriously embarrassing for real.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by kelvinginzie: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2020
flyingpig:
I will curse and swear for any Igbo man who accepts to be VP and will personally campaign against such Efulefu on all my social media handles. I will ask him whether his patron doesn't have two eyes and ears like him, or whether the North has not ruled for at least 10years by 2023.

I will await for such Efulefu and i am confident the sell out will be Peter obi.

An igbo man cannot win, it will be a total waste of resources.
Pdp is not the ruling party,they don't have the resources to rig election, so fielding an igbo man will equal to complete failure.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by Jabioro: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2020
The IPOB refused to flood the thread,the truth goes with pains meanwhile they will be masturbating on Yoruba Tinubu matter..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:48am On Sep 05, 2020
fergie001:

This is politics not a motivational conference.

You pick a SE candidate for now, in opposition.....you will be shattered into pieces. Most of those people giving motivational statements up there, ask them why their zone didn't field anyone in APC in 2015. Why was it zoned to the North...especially North-West.

They said it was to complete Yar'adua's tenure, then why is it not going to SS to complete GEJ's tenure.

You can dare to dream (according to my Pastor in Ibadan), but this is politics, there is no morality here.

PDP had all the chance whilst in power, for now, it is not feasible.

Hahaha. Thank you my brother. That is what I have been asking them since. The people encouraging you to run in 2023, why did they not push someone from their region in 2015 and 2019?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by fergie001: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:
Hahaha. Thank you my brother. That is what I have been asking them since. The people encouraging you to run in 2023, why did they not push someone from their region in 2015 and 2019?
Na so nah ...
Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by flokii: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2020
I don't think PDP is ready to consider igbos for anything.. these folks can't see beyond their nostrils and lack substance for political negotiations.

In 2023, it will likely be North (Atiku) / SS ticket in PDP, the emperor in Rivers state will make sure of that. APC will definitely field SW / North ticket to clinch victory.
In other words, SE should forget anything presidency for now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by kelvinginzie: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2020
omenka:
The same things I said when I wrote a similar article about this. They called me all manner of names. Now, this!

https://www.nairaland.com/5978022/raw-truth-south-east-2023

I hope the blindfold falls off someday.

You know in your heart that you will never vote for a PDP igbo candidate

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by Farki: 9:53am On Sep 05, 2020
Rather than listen they will select another Northern candidate for president, if that person loses they will be pointing fingers at Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by chiedonedoor(m): 9:53am On Sep 05, 2020
Many analyist don't understand politics, though a good write up but is the writer not qualify for the position,
Galatians 6:7 KJV
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Repentance is Key
Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by hollah123: 9:55am On Sep 05, 2020
kingzizzy:
The way I see it is that even though Igbos have been loyal to PDP, there is no point PDP fielding an Igbo man in 2023 if it will mean victory for Tinubu and APC
are u stylishly telling us Igbos are bad market to any party?

are u now buttressing the point that any party that field Igbo has lost b4 d election?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 05, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Igbo chief on the beat. You made me laugh. DO YOU KNOW YORUBAS HAVE THE CHANCES OF GETTING PDP TICKET THAN IGBO? NOT TO TALK OF ALREADY SEALED APC TICKET FOR YORUBAS
Lol which of the yorubas ? Fami kayode or tinubu or osibanjo ? ...u can't even get your regional APC under one room for 30 min without fighting and u want to talk about wining

Which region go vote for una abeg ? Name the region ....I hear una sat lawal na tinubu boy ? Lol he go leave his childhood friend support politicians they all know wants absolute power he just met in 2014 ?

Bros relax yorubas stand absolutely no chance in any party u can't even get vice even self
Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by hollah123: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2020
fergie001:

You really think an Umahi or Obi will win the Presidency under PDP as opposition?

Anyways, it is good for the ginger ooo...@ least when you ginger, the APC might say ok....let's do like 1999 and all parties should zone it to SE, that is what Ohanaeze and co. are doing which is good.

You ginger like the SW did in 1998...which is fine...just maybe.

But, let me tell you....It is not politically "actualisable" at this time, especially in opposition....NO.
oga all party didn't zone it to south west in 99, every southerner contested.

obj defeated ekweme while Olu falae defeated Ogbonnaya onu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by flyingpig: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2020
kelvinginzie:

An igbo man cannot win, it will be a total waste of resources.
Pdp is not the ruling party,they don't have the resources to rig election, so fielding an igbo man will equal to complete failure.
so atiku who wasted billions in his failed 2019 election bid has the resources?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by kingzizzy: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2020
hollah123:
are u stylishly telling us Igbos are bad market to any party?

are u now buttressing the point that any party that field Igbo has lost b4 d election?

Yes, most Northerners and those in the South west are not comfortable with an Igbo man being President of Nigeria

Wasnt it Tunde Ednut who said the same recently?
Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by hollah123: 9:59am On Sep 05, 2020
kingzizzy:

Yes, most Northerners and those in the South west are not comfortable with an Igbo man being President of Nigeria

y do u think it's like that?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by flyingpig: 10:00am On Sep 05, 2020
kingzizzy:

Please who is tunde donut in the political discourse of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by Masterpunna(m): 10:02am On Sep 05, 2020
They should wake the punna up!
Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by Kuginzi: 10:05am On Sep 05, 2020
The Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! While the Igbos on Nairaland are Sleeprunning. They know nothing except insults.
How can they achieve their goal of producing the next president of Nigeria when some are sleepwalking while others are Sleeprunning?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by omenka(m): 10:05am On Sep 05, 2020
kelvinginzie:

You know in your heart that you will never vote for a PDP igbo candidate
But you guys have always said my vote is inconsequential, so why bother about whether or not I'd vote an igbo presidential aspirant?

Besides, I'd never hidden my choice for Osinbajo. And it has nothing to do with his tribe. I believe in his capacity to deliver more than anyone else, simple.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by kingzizzy: 10:06am On Sep 05, 2020
flyingpig:
Please who is tunde donut in the political discourse of Nigeria

The point is that, just like Tunde Ednut, most Northerners and Yorubas do not trust Igbos with power because they believe it will lead to the break up of Nigeria

What they never bothered to tell anyone is why they are so scared about the break up of Nigeria? Why do they want to be in one country with people they do not trust with power?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by hollah123: 10:09am On Sep 05, 2020
kingzizzy:

Thats why PDP should field a Northerner and an Igbo man as vice- President. There is no point PDP fielding an Igbo man in 2023 if it will result in certain loss. Northerners will never vote an Igbo man to be President of Nigeria
what if peradventure PDP doesn't field an Igbo VP?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by ArmedRobber: 10:09am On Sep 05, 2020
Igbochief001:

Lol which of the yorubas ? Fami kayode or tinubu or osibanjo ? ...u can't even get your regional APC under one room for 30 min without fighting and u want to talk about wining

Which region go vote for una abeg ? Name the region ....I hear una sat lawal na tinubu boy ? Lol he go leave his childhood friend support politicians they all know wants absolute power he just met in 2014 ?

Bros relax yorubas stand absolutely no chance in any party u can't even get vice even self
novice cheesy politics is give and take not childhood balablabla. Despite the fact that Kalu was lawan friend he didnt get any meaningful post in senate.
Kalu wanted senate president he lost.
Kalu wanted deputy he lost
Kalu wanted majority leader he lost simply because he doesnt bring anything to the table apart from being a senator from south east.

Politics is not an emotional game. It is a strategic game of forming alliance with the formidable even if it is your enemy . you re all gunning for same goal.

Thats why obasanjo and Atiku later re-alinged when they have same political goal of pushing buhari away unfortunately.

You igbos needs crash course on political strategics and Alignment.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Igbos In The PDP Are Sleepwalking! - By Dr. Ugoji Egbujo by flyingpig: 10:11am On Sep 05, 2020
kingzizzy:

The point is that, just like Tunde Ednut, most Northerners and Yorubas do not trust Igbos with power because they believe it will lead to the break up of Nigeria

What they never bothered to tell anyone is why they are so scared about the break up of Nigeria? Why do they want to be in one country with people they do not trust with power?
I can bet tunde donut has no in-depth understanding of Nigeria politics. If he fears biafra break away should a SE emerge president, pray didn't boko haram war to carve out an Islamic State from Nigeria get to the peak in 2014 when they held several local governments across three North-eastern states? So how come till now boko haram hasn't seceded with an Islamic State after Buhari won party ticket and president of Nigeria?? Silly analysis

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Buys 30 New Buses For Intra-City Transportation / Court Of Appeal Validates Godwin Obaseki's Governorship Victory / Presidency Blames Power Contest, Anti-graft War For Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.