Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,614 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? (2660 Views)

How Much Was Your First Salary As A Developer? / Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? / 30 Things You Should Not Say To A Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by Donpre(m): 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
KristaPretty:

How obvious is it You just type what you are obviously are not sure of.

You are talking to an EXPERIENCED programer and developer in UI/UX, front and back end developer- java development, HTML, Jay query, Ajax, Mobile Development, CSS, programming, XML, ASP.net, SQL Server, PHP, Net Core and infact ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH A DEVELOPER. The list is endless and I cannot type all I know.

So I do not go about saying what I am not sure.

Please don't show your complete ignorance bu saying "it is obvious I'm not a developer ".

I'm trying to be careful with words here towards you for your ignorance.

Hey, I am female. grin
Saying you're an 'EXPERIENCED' programmer and then listing HTML, CSS and the bolded 'programming' in your stack makes me doubt your credibility as an experienced programmer

No experienced programmer will list his/her stack over an argument let alone add the above to that list.undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by Ebube043: 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
Donpre:

Saying you're an 'EXPERIENCED' programmer and then listing HTML, CSS and the bolded 'programming' in your stack makes me doubt your credibility as an experienced programmer

No experienced programmer will list his/her stack over an argument let alone add the above to that list.undecided
kristaperry pls i would love to speak with you, thanks
Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by KristaPretty(f): 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Donpre:

Unfortunately you have to deal with it or look the other way as your opinion and doubt is irrelevant at this point.

Deal with it!!!!! cool
Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by Kehcsc(m): 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2020
Donpre:

Exactly what was on my mind .... Hardly will you see an experienced programmer listing all those in his/her portfolio...

Mind u... That u were able to print "Hello World" in any programming language doesn't make you an expert in that language....

Just saying though
Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by 404Dev: 3:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
Thanks to all who contributed.

I started with 200k and we negotiated down to a monthly pay of 150k which I accepted.

So congratulations to me.

5 Likes

Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by Karleb(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2020
404Dev:

I started with 200k and we negotiated down to a monthly pay of 150k which I accepted.

Congrats! cool

If you had started with 300k maybe... lipsrsealed undecided
Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by tosinhtml: 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2020
404Dev:

Congratulations, In as much as I don't agree with every thing KristaPretty says, starting at 200k was really good for you as she said. Imagine if you started lower, you would be blaming yourself. I remember getting hired in a company & earning 280k because I negotiated but the other developer I met was on 180k, a whooping 100k difference & we do the same thing.

Infact the guy was better in terms in technical skills but I was more respected, people feared me. I was like a Jackpot hire grin
It's all about the way you carry yourself.
Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by spartan117(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
KristaPretty:

How obvious is it You just type what you are obviously are not sure of.

You are talking to an EXPERIENCED programer and developer in UI/UX, front and back end developer- java development, HTML, Jay query, Ajax, Mobile Development, CSS, programming, XML, ASP.net, SQL Server, PHP, Net Core and infact ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH A DEVELOPER. The list is endless and I cannot type all I know.

So I do not go about saying what I am not sure.

Please don't show your complete ignorance bu saying "it is obvious I'm not a developer ".

I'm trying to be careful with words here towards you for your ignorance.

Hey, I am female. grin
Jay-query grin
Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by KristaPretty(f): 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2020
spartan117:

Jay-query grin

Don't act dumb, go further below the thread and see what I said after that! I can as well correct it samw day it was posted and you wouldn't see it as the late comer that you are, but I chose to leave it that way.

Don't be lazy to read further, always know the end of every story or content.

Having said this, have a great week.

I'm out!
Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by spartan117(m): 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2020
KristaPretty:

Don't act dumb, go further below the thread and see what I said after that!

If ( $ != jQuery) $('main').text('you are not experienced in the stack you listed')

else $('main').text('you are experienced, respect!')
Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by KristaPretty(f): 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2020
spartan117:

If ( $ != jQuery) $('main').text('you are not experienced in the stack you listed')

You're something else grin

Peace!
Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by cixak95211: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
spartan117:

If ( $ != !== jQuery) $('main').text('you are not experienced in the stack you listed')

Fixed!
Be careful of type coercion !!!
Re: How Much To Ask As Salary As A Developer? by spartan117(m): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
cixak95211:

Fixed!
Be careful of type coercion !!!
Thanks don't mind me I'm still a junior

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Developer / Desktop Application Vs Web Application / Where Can I Learn Programming In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.