Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences (6283 Views)

What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband / Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / Does Age Differences Really Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Rabbi4real: 1:17am On Sep 06, 2020
Hello ma,

Please assist me with some advise. I am married to the love of my life. Lets call her Feyi (not real name). We met 4 years ago and we been inseparable since then. I love her,my family loves her and after dating for almost two and a half years,we got married.

When we started dating,we didn’t know there was a difference in age between us until like 2 months later. Feyi is older than me with 3 years. But I look older and act more mature for my age. When she discovered she was older than me, she tried to withdraw but I fell in love already and did everything in my power to not let her go.

And that includes, the promise never to let the age thing be an issue between us. Also,never to let anyone in our family know the age difference. Especially my family. That helped her settle her mind but a few occasions of argument,the age thing seemed like a silent contender between us.

Now,having been married..its coming up more and more and its beginning to affect me. My wife is someone who is free to talk to me about anything. I respect her opinions about so many things but once I disagree about something,she plays the age gap card. And I am getting sick of it.

For example, if she asks me to help her do something and for some reason,I am unable to do it,she makes it seem like I do not respect her age or respect her in general. Also,if we have a disagreement and I raise my voice a little,she goes like,I want to dominate her and control her.

And ma, that is never my intentions. My father never controlled my mother,I never controlled all my ex girlfriends…why will I control my darling wife? So,am I not allowed to have a different opinion in my marriage anymore? Must I agree to all her decisions just so she does not bring up the age matter?

But when she.....

https://livelystones.ng/2020/09/04/my-wife-is-refusing-to-submit-to-me-because-of-our-age-differences/

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by DaddyRochie1642: 1:40am On Sep 06, 2020
La Click La Collapse grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 06, 2020
Uncle Joro... grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 06, 2020
someone older than u by 3 yrs u expect such a lady to submit to u cheesy
u are like a kid brother to her
u expect her to submit to someone who is the same agemate as her kid bro
u better wake up cheesy

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by haiti007(m): 4:09am On Sep 06, 2020
Fake story...

The fact is that; you can't look older than a lady who is 3 years older than you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Emarvel(m): 7:47am On Sep 06, 2020
haiti007:
Fake story...

The fact is that; you can't look older than a lady who is 3 years older than you.
Actually, you can.
Buh i know this story is not true

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by heykims(m): 8:15am On Sep 06, 2020
It seems op is the one having inferiority complex mentality.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by SGANIVA(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2020
might be true because I look much older than my age. I looked 36 to 40 while am actually 29 ,so a lady of 33 to 34 won't know she's way older . technically I can claim 37 or even 40 and I don't even dress like a young guy self

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by AFvckingAlpha(m): 9:08am On Sep 06, 2020
Fictious!
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Aestheticsdude(m): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2020
grin Another fiction
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Openbusiness: 9:55am On Sep 06, 2020
This story ehn, may una try add small curry and thyme inside before d food go done grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Roman3304(m): 10:29am On Sep 06, 2020
Age doesn't matter woman be submissive to your husband husband respect your wife.
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Titheman(m): 10:33am On Sep 06, 2020
shey age is just a number?
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Chevrolet076(m): 11:41am On Sep 06, 2020
the age difference should even be at a disadvantage to her and an advantage to you because she's going to be aware that she's "out of market" which you should be using against her.... I don't now know how she's using your own gun against you....
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by DaInferno(m): 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
haiti007:
Fake story...

let me stop right there... the one I once dated was 4years older than me... she's one of those that have tender skins in small body's! I broke up with her cause of the age difference, cus she was ready to wait for me( to finish sch and get married to her)

thank God she's married to someone else with a kid now and I still look older than her!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by willanderson: 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
No union will last without respect. The red flags u ignored is now coming back to hunt you. She was never respectful n will never respect you G.
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by DaInferno(m): 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2020
them no d teach this kind things for school

to the aspirants,no marry woman wey senior you, but if u must; don't grin
op,the best way a man can control anger is to leave the house when quarels arise and come back late behaving more focused on other things and responsibilities. you can arrange with a friend and start showing interest in younger ladies- I know alphas will not like this grin (I no say make you cheat o) and if she's the reasonable type, she will calm. Naturally, women are not wired to respect younger men, the ones that still do no plenty for this world again.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Xavie(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
haiti007:
Fake story...

I'm telling you

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by FGonline: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
La Click La Collapse grin grin
la you la wicked

Hahahaha
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by FGonline: 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
willanderson:
No union will last without respect. The red flags u ignored is now coming back to hunt you. She was never respectful n will never respect you G.
And it got nothing to do with d age

Some women are just like dat,I have one as neighbor! though nothing brings me and her close bt other men around her made it clear
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by wisest10: 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
I dont support domestic violence but sometimes 2 slaps can solve this kind of issue faster cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
SGANIVA:
might be true because I look much older than my age. I looked 36 to 40 while am actually 29 ,so a lady of 33 to 34 won't know she's way older . technically I can claim 37 or even 40 and I don't even dress like a young guy self
All these for only u, how about ur gbola? Does it look older or younger?
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
Rabbi4real:
Hello ma,

Please assist me with some advise. I am married to the love of my life. Lets call her Feyi (not real name). We met 4 years ago and we been inseparable since then. I love her,my family loves her and after dating for almost two and a half years,we got married.

When we started dating,we didn’t know there was a difference in age between us until like 2 months later. Feyi is older than me with 3 years. But I look older and act more mature for my age. When she discovered she was older than me, she tried to withdraw but I fell in love already and did everything in my power to not let her go.

And that includes, the promise never to let the age thing be an issue between us. Also,never to let anyone in our family know the age difference. Especially my family. That helped her settle her mind but a few occasions of argument,the age thing seemed like a silent contender between us.

Now,having been married..its coming up more and more and its beginning to affect me. My wife is someone who is free to talk to me about anything. I respect her opinions about so many things but once I disagree about something,she plays the age gap card. And I am getting sick of it.

For example, if she asks me to help her do something and for some reason,I am unable to do it,she makes it seem like I do not respect her age or respect her in general. Also,if we have a disagreement and I raise my voice a little,she goes like,I want to dominate her and control her.

And ma, that is never my intentions. My father never controlled my mother,I never controlled all my ex girlfriends…why will I control my darling wife? So,am I not allowed to have a different opinion in my marriage anymore? Must I agree to all her decisions just so she does not bring up the age matter?

But when she.....

https://livelystones.ng/2020/09/04/my-wife-is-refusing-to-submit-to-me-because-of-our-age-differences/
4rm Ur Post, Ur Problem Is Dat U Are Acting Like A Woman While She Is Acting Like A Man. Why? Cuz, U Failed 2 Play Ur Role. My Guy, Let Me Be Frank With U, I'm Advising U As A Fellow Man. U Are Too Feminine Or Emotional In Behaviour. It's Time U Start Acting As A Full Grown Man. Don't Lower Gaurd 4 Her, Even If She Is Older Than U Treat Her Like Ur Younger Sister. She Is Taking Advantage Of Ur Weakness. When She Misbehaves, Scold Her, Don't Take Any Shit 4rm. Take Lead In Ur Marriage Or Relationship Otherwise, U May Become A Victim To Her.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by FreeSpirited: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
You must control your wife. Only simps allow their woman to order them around and control them. You are in pot of soup already. Better start looking for help cos she's already in control and you are caving in like a chicken. Age or no age, you are the man, the head...You will forever be miserable if u don't put her in her place.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Stan555(m): 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
haiti007:
Fake story...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by BeigJawnson(m): 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
haiti007:
Fake story...

But age is a number right?
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Stan555(m): 1:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
lefulefu:
someone older than u by 3 yrs u expect such a lady to submit to u cheesy
u are like a kid brother to her
u expect her to submit to someone who is the same agemate as her kid bro
u better wake up cheesy
you are right bro
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by BeigJawnson(m): 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
You are in already, man up...
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by mimicherry: 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
Should have seen all these before marriage
Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2020
This one here is clearly not providing for her and still want submission,any woman will naturally submit to a man who knows what he's doing with his life.Drunkards too also wants submission so as to help in destroying the home quckly.Men of this generation dont deserve too much submission,just few exceptions.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences by FreeSpirited: 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
Zzor:
This one here is clearly not providing for her and still want submission,any woman will naturally submit to a man who knows what he's doing with his life.Drunkards too also wants submission so as to help in destroying the home quckly.Men of this generation dont deserve too much submission,just few exceptions.

Will you shut the fvvck up and go learn comprehension.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Spotted Tieing A Guys Shoe Lace In School..(love Or Stupidity) / love / Only Three Things Can Make Me Attend The Nairaland In-house Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.