Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband (11990 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / My Wife Is Refusing To Submit To Me Because Of Our Age Differences / Sex On First Visit. Does It Mean She Is Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by kkins25(m): 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2023
I've been thinking about this alot, and can't seem to understand what "submission" means.

What does it mean for a wife to submit to me? Also, can women provide what "to submit" means to them?

Is submitting to a man similar to submitting to God in the sense that man has the last and final say? Does this mean, the man's will should supersede that of the woman? Does submitting mean, taking care of? Please, explain it to me like I'm a dumb 5 year old.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Boomboost(m): 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
OP, What is the opposite of submission?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by kkins25(m): 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2023
Boomboost:
OP, What is the opposite of submission?
Freedom?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Jeon(f): 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2023
*Explanation *
Submission is next to how the rich and powerful person[s] is[are] treating the poor and weak person[s].

25 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Boomboost(m): 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2023
kkins25:
Freedom?

One person stands tall, confident and energetic. The other is gutsy, succulent and beautiful.

From these stereotypes, who should be the Dom or Sub?

Answer this question like someone from space, devoid of any knowledge of traditional or modern sexual relationships.

5 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by ebubeson: 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
As a woman, you are not a fool. But submission here means to respect him as the head and obey him. It is not everything he says that you may take, but you can disagree respectfully. You are not to disagree or drag with him on simple matters that needs no debate.

It means to cook for him always and make sure cooked food is available. And the husband must be tolerant in his demand for kinds of food... You can't just keep saying to your wife " I want fresh food, I cannot eat food in the freezer, I cannot eat food cooked yesterday".. You need to be tolerant.

It means not submitting your destiny and life to a foolish husband. You cannot submit your life to a lazy gambler or an irresponsible man, all in the name of submission. You can respect, but do not submit foolishly.

You cannot submit to a violent man that wants to take your life all in the name of submission. You can submit to such persons from afar without coming closer.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by robinfemi: 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by ATEAMS: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
Loyalty and respect...

Appreciate him and love him as your children.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
kkins25:
I've been thinking about this alot, and can't seem to understand what "submission" means.

What does it mean for a wife to submit to me? Also, can women provide what "to submit" means to them?

Is submitting to a man similar to submitting to God in the sense that man has the last and final say? Does this mean, the man's will should supersede that of the woman? Does submitting mean, taking care of? Please, explain it to me like I'm a dumb 5 year old.

To submit all the script u played to look like Housewife material

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Paystack: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
Simply means serve your husband.

You're a subject of your husband who's the ruler of your home.

In Old Testament those females who go against this rule either in Bible or Quran definitely gets stoned down with rocks... No Jokes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Sofistcatdmoron: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
Be his slave
Sale ur soul to him

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by freemonts87: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
Do what he says? undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by visaclick: 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
All these noise you women should stop it. Marriage is not for everyone so remain in your father’s house or go get yours and live your free life, u can see how happy blessing ceo is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by brushesz: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2023
Submit your assignment ni
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Jewessgratitud3: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2023
Respect him. Obey him when it's in line with God's word/will. However men should not use this command of God to enslave their wife's or turn her to errand girl otherwise war go dey.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Quintuple: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2023
It means to behave like my wife
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Wallade(m): 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2023
kkins25:
Freedom?

Are you male or female?

Are you a feminist?

What is your understanding of submission with respect to husband and wife?
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by LaRosa01: 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2023
back in the days when you want to know the meaning of something,you go to the dictionary.thisdays well...............

kkins25:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Shikena(m): 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2023
Work together as a couple but if there is a conflict on a decision and he feels strongly about it without shifting then you defer to him.

How you see this is up to you and how you ensure that he sees reason if your position seems to be the best choice is also up to you. You have been empowered with many natural skills as a woman to help him see reason and if he still says no then you defer.

If you can't do that then maybe marriage is simply not for you. You are better off by yourself and you won't have to submit to anybody. Marriage is not by fire by force contrary to the mindset of many of our people who can't think for themselves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Jozilinn: 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2023
Some men don't deserve respect, respect is one of the key factor of submission, the way you talk Will determine how the other one reacts... entitlement mentality of men in Nigeria and na me own you nahim make marriage dey spoil most times, you don't expect to undervalue your wife and then expect her to be submissive.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by MrDoGood(m): 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
Y'all making issues when there's none
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by GboyegaD(m): 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
In my understanding, it is acknowledging him as the head of the home, respecting him, and voicing your concerns in a respectful manner whenever you have to.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by LaRosa01: 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2023
just take a woman and leave men out or your dilldo and cucumber deserve your respect but on behalf of every man ,please we dont want your type.

Jozilinn:
Some men don't deserve respect, respect is one of the key factor of submission, the way you talk Will determine how the other one reacts... entitlement mentality of men in Nigeria and na me own you nahim make marriage dey spoil most times, you don't expect to undervalue your wife and then expect her to be submissive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Shikena(m): 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2023
In that case, separation or full divorce is the best option. They should stop deceiving each other that they are married. Simple grin

Jozilinn:

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Mosba: 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2023
kkins25:

It means you are to your husband what you are to your dad except for the oza room part

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by erniok(m): 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2023
Paystack:
Simply means serve your husband.

You're a subject of your husband who's the ruler of your home.

In Old Testament those females who go against this rule either in Bible or Quran definitely gets stoned down with rocks... No Jokes
Wives only get stone for not being virgins and infidelity in the bible. Pls next time, quote only what you are familiar with.
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by VULCAN(m): 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2023
To make is easy for you to understand.

Submission is what a woman does when she wants to go on leave in her office.

She picks a date and informs her boss.

The boss okays it or rejects it.

Sometimes he okays it and at the last minute rejects it because of an emergency.

In all of this, that woman submits to her boss.

She accepts that his will can prevail over her own.

But when she married she does not want to extend the same courtesy to her husband.

Is that not evil?

Note: The boss doesn't have to be right, yet the woman will submit to him.

Any woman who will not submit to you in relationship is automatically disqualified from becoming your wife.

Let her marry her boss who she willingly submits to

kkins25:

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Lanretoye(m): 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2023
They can submit to pastor in church but will be claiming equal right with husband at home...
Jozilinn:
wetin pastor do to deserve the submission that a husband doesnt deserve.
BRATISLAVA:

They can submit to their female bosses at work but will claim superiority and headship with wife at home. What did the female boss do to deserve the submission that a wife doesn't deserve?
it is a good thinking to compare your boss at work to your pastor in the church nah,see reasoning.when you get laid off for insurbodination at work,your pastor will feed your family and pay your children's school fees.mtchew...maximum respect for all men that go through thick and thin to make sure the family never lack.
Its so good to serve your husband with a disposable plate and serve your pastor with the best dish in the house.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by cenaman(m): 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2023
Awon femi....
Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by brownish0: 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
like to submit assignment! make your husband mark shocked

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Submit To Your Husband by Godada(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

At Gun Point: Your Boyfriend Or You(gf)? / My Girlfriend Always Used The Word Boo, / Secondary School Teacher And A Female Student Caught Having Sex In The Classroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.