Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? (30467 Views)

Seven Major Things One Should Be Doing On Social Media Networks / 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful / 'Why Amala Needs To Be Banned' - Coventry Student Makes Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Deborah98(f): 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
Following cheesy
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by collele(m): 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
WonderWoman5775:
Just like you I'll be 20 in a few months.. I'm here to pick up advice

Your moniker attracted me...Your profile says you live in Yola...Will love to see you...
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Truth801(m): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2020
primestreams:

Freelance
Blogging
More technical stuff
App dev
please assist me learn these
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by professore(m): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

Am 19 years of age, few months to go before I leave teen age behind.

That brings me to ask for your opinions to follow or path to follow to guarantee you being successful in life. No one wants to be unfortunately in life so its better planning ahead at least to give you hope towards the future.

Please all contribution are accepted thank you.
The first is that, stay away from friends that are capable of vices/evil as well as who are not thinking of their future or who are not making progress (some of them know you are not the reason they ain't moving yet they can nurse ill againt you).

Be wise with spending, be prudent, learn to save (if it won't distract your education you can trade with your cash. Why? Good CGPA is still dope, don't listen to the contrary)

Last but actually the first and the most important, pray to God and serve God.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by IAmkingoludav(m): 2:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
You didn't add- impregnate a rich man's daughter

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by xynerise: 2:04pm On Sep 07, 2020
Simvan:

You're safe.

Just want to find out more about this mobile repairs stuff cause I have plans to learn soon and why you advised him to do so

Ok, mail me
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Crackhead25(m): 2:04pm On Sep 07, 2020
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Eileene(f): 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2020
EMMAUGOH:
When I was 19 in 2009 I thought I was too young for somethings like handling a business, making investment( like buying assets), I thought I was too young to sit down with elders, hear their struggles and stenght, I thought when I get to 25 I will have more knowledge and strength than I had In 19. I belittled all my knowledge both ones I read, learnt, observed or came to me. I wanted to belong, belong to what others are doing, be like everybody. I was too afraid to take giant step because I thought when am older I will know more and everything would be perfect. All I wanted to be was, be in a relationship(have sex and romantic partners), go to high institutions(and do nothing else than just school), use my youth innocence to depend on family and relatives for what I want..

The result.

At 25 I was still in 200 level, at 25 I only tried one business idea from thousands that came to me easily, the money I thought I would have had more, I had nothing and was still dependent(this time I have to frame lies to get enough money, I have had a couple of sex partners yet am not happy or satisfied( I needed more and more), I was not the genius kid I thought I was because at this moment reality is hitting me front and back( no more I want to be a computer guru, I want a quick fix for this or that), I still have business Ideas but no one is ready to give Thier money easily unlike when I was 19-20, I no want to do something with my life things I should and can do when I was younger.

I am 30 today, I no more think anything is easy( everything worth achieving takes time and energy, some take up to ten years but the joy is at the last minute of the achievement you will forget all the years of those toil). Not everybody is your friend, any friend that try to compare or compete with you is not your friend( run from them if you sense any attitude of comparison or competition, it doesn't always end well) then on your own side, never compare your self with people or try to devalue or value your self because of others( you either end up with false image or end up in self destruct). Understand that same way your thumb print or thought are unique to you is same way your destiny is unique to you, everybody will have a different story to say at the end, many things you think you know or many people you know now won't make any sense to you with time therefore don't hold on to anything.
There is nothing like divine destiny, no one is born to be great, you are not born to be a doctor or engineer or business man, time, chance and practice happen to anything good or bad or career you have ever known. If you don't make use of your time, or make use of opportunities or practice what you love or want my friend everything you ever wanted to be will end up as wishful thinking.

Learn to save, exercise, observe behaviors, be rational in thought, read and read and read, learn all your can learn and use all your time to face all your fears and limitations.

If you want to advance easily, look for mentors,
I don't mean start following pastors or politicians. There are so many mentors dead and alive, reason you should read and learn far and wide. When you get that mentor either directly or indirectly, read all you can about them, make sure you emulate every aspect of them and never stop thinking you can exceed them in any capacity.

Remember whether you do this or not you would be 25 soon, you shall reach 30 and 35, never be intimidated by time ( Time is a universal law of life, everything happens with processes, through different stages and seasons).

Shalom, grow wiser.
So deep wisdom will not fail you
Every young person should Pen this down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by ogwuche4u(m): 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
Find a Forex mentor, take your time diligently to learn and perfect the skill. Don't have this mindset about graduating from school and looking for job. The Nigeria system has frustrated many graduates on that. Now that you are young and without distraction, this is the best time to dedicate your time and energy to learning a skill that can change your life for the best. The Forex market boast of $6.6 trillion on a daily basis. How I wish I knew better when I was at your age. My ten cent.

Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

That brings me to ask for your opinions to follow or path to follow to guarantee you being successful in life. No one wants to be unfortunately in life so its better planning ahead at least to give you hope towards the future.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Dnlorji(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
Be consistent in whatever you do.
It pays.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Tony142: 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2020
Know one here really know the key to success, why? Because 99% of the people commenting on this thread are not successful.

Do not ask me how I know cheesy
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Daejoyoung: 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hannania:
Well, its quite unfortunate. Its two things that possibly defines your case:

1. You didn't have a concrete plan when you chose to study chemical(possibly the oil company gang)

2. Your profile ain't good enough. (Skill wise and network wise) sorry to say that.

You can't chose Chemical and later opt for IT and tell me you have a plan, seeing that your filed of study has opportunities during that 15year period as you claim.

Am studying Telecommunications Engineering, but I have HCIA, CCNA and proficient in python and currently horning my skills in C/C++ with Linux environment(still an undergraduate)

With my set plan, and Gods grace attached, tell me the odds of success when am done with the set plan of MSC abroad.(US or EU)

Don't blame Nigeria for everything, some factors are lingered on our decisions.
You don't just get it, do you? With telecommunications, you can easily study things like python and c++ on your own and it is very relevant to telecommunications, but not in a field like chemical engineering. Usually in chemical engineering, you have to work in the industry to gain the required experience or make your C.V powerful.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by eodavids(m): 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2020
1).Read books

2.). Read more books

3). Read more and more book, attend personal development seminars and conferences, then minimize movies you watch

2 Likes

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by amiskurie(m): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:
Hello nairalanders

Associate yourself with productive and innovative youths.dont think twice to offload bad ones.
Have time for your own ideas and push it.

Safe, buy things you need, not what you wanted.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Billionairestea(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hello !

1,Make your Brain your best friend

2,Start to do the exact opposite of what everyone are doing.

3,Start reading great books like,
a, Rich Dad, Poor Dad
b,The richest man in Babylon
c,Think and grow rich
d,Cashflow Quadrant.

4,Disassociate yourself from the Crowd

5,Listen to motivational audiobooks, instead of hip hop music daily.

6,Stay alone in often moment to truly discover the reason for your existence.
Contact me on WhatsApp 09027259610. For more guideline.
Note I'm a motivational speaker, Business coach, also a successful Author.
I would be glad to have you as my new student.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by primestreams: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
ksly24:

What kind of online business bro?
Freelance
Blogging
More technical stuff
App dev
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by showafrica(m): 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
Notatribalist:
I can't tell how much I make per week,market determine that..But that why I created that group.I will create a new acount and deposit $1,000 on it this week..As a trade I will be posting my results there on the group.. If I lose everyone will see it,if I gain everyone will see it.

What strategy, do u explain that in the group too. I heard price action is the best strategy.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Notatribalist(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
showafrica:

What strategy, do u explain that in the group too. I heard price action is the best strategy.
Yes price action is very good, that's what I teach..
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Frenzy01(m): 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2020
Learn to smoke igbo.. It will really help you to navigate the troubles ahead.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Besko(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
Don't ever concern yourself with any get rich quick program! Do that at your own peril upon backfire...
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by familier(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
If you are about to get into the university please put in for computer science. While in the university, be the best programmer you can possibly be. Take your core courses like data structures and algorithms and systems design very seriously as they are the Hulk of programming interviews. You would be spoilt for jobs when you graduate. Don't go for any engineering course. Medicine is good if you can leave Nigeria sha.

What about Estate Management
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by akaahs(m): 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
Diamondvicky:

You no dey stay one place
Welcome to the age of innocence and commitment.
Avoid pretending that u are too young to achieve anything..
As the days go by, u re approaching ur tomb, be a blessing to someone.
Always have a positive mind set.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by FahBuLous: 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Please learn to leave this country with first hand IT skill(s) to the developed worlds
IT Skills like?
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by FahBuLous: 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Go online search for engineering jobs any field of engineering then go and search for programming jobs and come back and let me know which is one is more. For every one engineering job, there are 100 programming jobs. Some fields of engineering have like no jobs at all. Fields like petroleum engineering but they are seen as hot cake in Nigeria.
if i learn programming on my own or frm a tutor, what wud ur advice b to me?
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Logankavoh: 4:49pm On Sep 07, 2020
EMMAUGOH:
When I was 19 in 2009 I thought I was too young for somethings like handling a business, making investment( like buying assets), I thought I was too young to sit down with elders, hear their struggles and stenght, I thought when I get to 25 I will have more knowledge and strength than I had In 19. I belittled all my knowledge both ones I read, learnt, observed or came to me. I wanted to belong, belong to what others are doing, be like everybody. I was too afraid to take giant step because I thought when am older I will know more and everything would be perfect. All I wanted to be was, be in a relationship(have sex and romantic partners), go to high institutions(and do nothing else than just school), use my youth innocence to depend on family and relatives for what I want..

The result.

At 25 I was still in 200 level, at 25 I only tried one business idea from thousands that came to me easily, the money I thought I would have had more, I had nothing and was still dependent(this time I have to frame lies to get enough money, I have had a couple of sex partners yet am not happy or satisfied( I needed more and more), I was not the genius kid I thought I was because at this moment reality is hitting me front and back( no more I want to be a computer guru, I want a quick fix for this or that), I still have business Ideas but no one is ready to give Thier money easily unlike when I was 19-20. I know somethings I could do with my life, things I should and can do when I was younger.

I am 30 today, I no more think anything is easy( everything worth achieving takes time and energy, some take up to ten years but the joy is at the last minute of the achievement you will forget all the years of those toil). Not everybody is your friend, any friend that try to compare or compete with you is not your friend( run from them if you sense any attitude of comparison or competition, it doesn't always end well) then on your own side, never compare your self with people or try to devalue or value your self because of others( you either end up with false image or end up in self destruct). Understand that same way your thumb print or thought are unique to you is same way your destiny is unique to you, everybody will have a different story to say at the end, many things you think you know or many people you know now won't make any sense to you with time therefore don't hold on to anything.

There is nothing like divine destiny, no one is born to be great, you are not born to be a doctor or engineer or business man, time, chance and practice happen to anything good or bad or career you have ever known. If you don't make use of your time, or make use of opportunities or practice what you love or want, my friend everything you ever wanted to be will end up as wishful thinking.

Learn to save, exercise, observe behaviors, be rational in thought, read and read and read, learn all your can learn and use all your time to face all your fears and limitations. Start practicing being independent as early as you can.

If you want to advance easily, look for mentors,
I don't mean start following pastors or politicians. There are so many mentors dead and alive, reason you should read and learn far and wide. When you get that mentor either directly or indirectly, read all you can about them, make sure you emulate every aspect of them and never stop thinking you can exceed them in any capacity.

Remember whether you do this or not you would be 25 soon, you shall reach 30 and 35, never be intimidated by time ( Time is a universal law of life, everything happens with processes, through different stages and seasons).

Shalom, grow wiser.

Best advice man
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Mkingz(m): 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
Nice piece sir!
KingPipmarshall:
Great Question.
1) Health is wealth. Hit the gym and eat healthy food. Try taking an apple, everyday.

2) We are in the internet age, ensure you have an internet business.

3) Learn a high income skill. Eg. Coding, graphics designer, forex trading, copywriting etc.

4) If you want to be rich, learn how to sell. The best way to also make money in sales is to sell something you truly belive in.

5) Network Network Network. In this century, if you are not helping people live better lives, you won't be successful. After you find a skill you are interested in, make sure you find a network marketing company to join asap. They will help you grow.

6) Focus on the future. You have to be now, who you want to become in future. Eg. Look at C-ronaldo. When he played for sporting fc, at that age, he never knew he would be the best footballer in the world. He only had a vision of being the best at what he choose. Football.

7) Stop chasing women, chase the bag. Once you are focused on your goals and dreams, you will attract the right woman for your life

cool Delete your friends. You don't need any friend now. Stay lonely and grind. You want real friends and not fakers

9) Read. This is because there are people who have achieved what you want in life. The best way to get close to them is to read their books. If you want to be a rich pastor like oyedepo, read his books. The bible says, follow the wise and you shall be wise.

10) GOD IS THE GREATEST. Find your purpose and follow it. Because one day, every man is bound to die. We all are going back to our creator.

The resources you need to succed is in Nigeria. It is only going to be hard because we are lacking the basic amenities needed in our country.

This is no excuse. Because the internet has leveled the success battle field. You just have to be disciplined and consistent in whatever you lay your hands on.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Adeniran906(m): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2020
May almighty ALLAH continue to bless your knowledge.THANK U
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by showafrica(m): 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
Notatribalist:
Yes price action is very good, that's what I teach..

Pls send me group link..
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Chasdonblizz: 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2020
Shoodboi:

Learn a high income skill that you can use to offer freelance services to companies in North America and Europe (either in full-time, part-time or freelance basis) while living here in Nigeria.

You will earn in dollars, euros or pounds and improve your life.

I will give you three set of skills you can learn depending on how quickly you can make money off them.

1. Copywriting.

You can start making money from this in as little as a week after you've learned the ropes.

There's a NL topic on this. Let me know if you're interested so I can find the link for you.

2. Graphics designing, photo editing and video editing

Learn Adobe packages (Premiere Pro, PhotoShop, Illustrator, After Effects) and CorelDraw). They all go hand-in-hand.

However, they take more time and resources to learn than copywriting.

3. Coding

Coding is very lucrative but it takes time to learn and perfect. You may need to learn for up a year or two before you start making money.

Python language is hot right now and is possibly the most used language out there.

You can also Google High Income Skills to know guide you.

Just be focused and stay away from women from now. Your future self will thank you.

I advised you to go for "service" skills instead of "handwork" skills (e.g: mechanic, plumber, electrician, barber, tailor, forklift driver, etc.) because you'll need to leave Nigeria to make it in those careers.

And we all know how difficult it is to leave this country.

Can you please connect me to this? I really need to start doing something worthwhile aside academics.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by themaestro08(m): 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2020
ModestGal:
At 20, I was in NYSC.

I have known everything I know now since 20, no regret no mistake. I'm just growing in those knowledge now.

[/b]What can I tell you to do? Nothing, life is unpredictable many times, just make sure you scrutinize before taking decisions [b]

Exactly, this life is unpredictable, very dynamic, always changing. You just don't know what may or may not happen. Sometimes, the best way to enjoy this life is to "be as fluid and formless as water". And sure, the decision one takes today has consequences and repercussion, either good or bad.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by ENGINER(m): 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
so we were de year two, de study Chemical Engineering no get hope for this country be that o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Students To Sue Minister Of Education After He Asked Them To Sue ASUU / Teenager Loses Sight Over Teacher's Cane (photo) / Nigerian CEO Rewards JAMB Top Scorer Kamsiyochukwu Umeh With N2.5 Million(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.