Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? (30568 Views)

Seven Major Things One Should Be Doing On Social Media Networks / 5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful / 'Why Amala Needs To Be Banned' - Coventry Student Makes Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Saynotoapc(m): 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ucee1999:

Have you not seen people who are millionaires in their twenties? I personally have a friend who is a legit millionaire at 21.

We need to break this down
I believe there should be a different between
"Hit your fit million" & "You been a millionaire"
Kudos to your friend if he made it to the millionaire cartel without his parent money.
Buh, me and you know, it not easy in this country bro.

Just did small check on your profile
You no dey Naija bro, it not easy here.
There is high probability of loosing the first million made sef.
For naija, have not step my foot outside Africa so I can't say same to your current location.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Abcruz(m): 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2020
EMMAUGOH:
When I was 19 in 2009 I thought I was too young for somethings like handling a business, having investment( like buying assets), I thought I was too young to sit down with elders, hear their struggles and strenght, I thought when I get to 25 I will have more knowledge and strength than I had in 19. I belittled all my knowledge both ones I read, learnt, observed or came to me. I wanted to belong, belong to what others are doing, be like everybody. I was too afraid to take giant step because I thought when am older I will know more and everything would be perfect. All I wanted to be was, be in a relationship(have sex and romantic partners), go to high institutions(and do nothing else than just school), use my youth innocence to depend on family and relatives for what I want..

The result.

At 25 I was still in 200 level, at 25 I only tried one business idea from thousands that came to me easily, the money I thought I would have had more, I had nothing and was still dependent(this time I have to frame lies to get enough money, I have had a couple of sex partners yet am not happy or satisfied( I needed more and more), I was not the genius kid I thought I was because at this moment reality was hitting me front and back( no more, I want to be a computer guru, or quick fix for this or that), I still have business Ideas but no one is ready to give thier money easily unlike when I was 19-20. I know somethings I could do with my life, things I should and can do when I was younger.

I am 30 today, I no more think anything is easy( everything worth achieving takes time and energy, some take up to ten years but the joy is at the last minute of the achievement you will forget all the years of those toil).

Everybody is not your friend, any friend that try to compare or compete with you is not your friend( run from them if you sense any attitude of comparison or competition, it doesn't always end well) then on your own side, never compare your self with people or try to devalue or value your self because of others( you either end up with false image or end up in self destruct). Value your self because you have knowledge of what you are doing. Only compare yourself with what you have achieved or what you want to achieve or your mentor accomplishments.

Understand that same way your thumb print or thought are unique to you is same way your destiny is unique to you, everyone will have a different story to say at the end, many things you think you know or many people you know now won't make any sense to you with time therefore don't hold on to anything.

There is nothing like divine destiny, no one is born to be great, you are not born to be a doctor or engineer or business man, time, chance and practice happen to anything good or bad or career you have ever known. If you don't make use of your time, or make use of opportunities or practice what you love or want, my friend everything you ever wanted to be will end up as wishful thinking..

Put it at the back of your mind that everything we love or fear was learnt, they are all memory, they can be unlearnt, modified or you can accept them. Fear is bigger in imagination than in reality. Most obstacles are mental and Emotion cannot hurt, they are just feelings.

Learn to save, exercise, observe behaviors, be rational in thought, read and read and read, learn all your can learn and use all your time to face all your fears and limitations. Start practicing being independent as early as you can.

If you want to advance easily, look for mentors,
I don't mean start following pastors or politicians. There are so many mentors dead and alive, reason you should read and learn far and wide. When you get that mentor either directly or indirectly, read all you can about them, make sure you emulate every aspect of them and never stop thinking you can exceed them in any capacity.

Remember whether you do this or not you would be 25 soon, you shall reach 30 and 35, never be intimidated by time ( Time is a universal law of life, everything happens with processes, through different stages and seasons).

Most importantly, never stop loving yourself, you will never escape that body and thought you carry, you can either modify them or take them as your own burden or strength. No one can love you more than you love yourself.

Shalom, grow wiser.

What a dose of wisdom.
More insight to your cerebrum Sir!!!

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by futurebillgate(m): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2020
Notatribalist:
use my signature or drop your number.A lot of people have been reaching out to me.
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
Kalaba:
Heed all the good advises given above, but please try to Identify any girl that loves you, love her back. Do everything you can to sustain the relationship till whenever you think you're successful enough to marry.

Do this now and thank me later...

Please explain this in details, Sir.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by ariklawani(f): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
Lol.. Goodluck..
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Rickie6410: 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2020
please someone should teach me any online skill..like blogging or copying write pls here is my number 08079336656
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by TheCork(m): 10:02am On Oct 02, 2020
Eileene:

Meaning?

Well it mean am a music director & we need to shoot a expensive videos for Bomma boy. Please can u quickly send me yor full size naaaaked picture so I can check if I can auditions u for the music video. Please hurry smiley
Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Karlifate: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hannania:
Well, your response shows you're ignorant of the happenings, and your last sentence was all you needed to get oriented.

The field of engineering is interdisciplinary with the introduction of automation, and rapid increase of IoT applications.

Firmware engineers, software development engineers, software engineers, hardware engineers all have massive job opening globally, and yes, any of the under listed fields bellow can go for it.

Computer, elect/elect, Telecom, mechatronics, system engineering.

The western world is moving to maintain renewable energy, and this filed draws folks from, elect, mechanical, chemical, material metallurgical.

Yes, IT jobs are more easy to find in Nigeria, but any engineering folk in the facility of (electrical and computer engineering) can pick up those job roles with skills acquisition. Be it cyber, software engineering, firmware/embedded etc.

Not everyone that studies engineering in Nigeria wants to think "local" and act "local". Some of us are doing the former, and substituting the latter for " global".

PS: Go to LinkedIn, glassdoor, indeed, and see thousands of engineering jobs popping out every minute.

1 Like

Re: At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? by Arabaincubus: 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Go online search for engineering jobs any field of engineering then go and search for programming jobs and come back and let me know which is one is more. For every one engineering job, there are 100 programming jobs. Some fields of engineering have like no jobs at all. Fields like petroleum engineering but they are seen as hot cake in Nigeria.

I think you are right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian CEO Rewards JAMB Top Scorer Kamsiyochukwu Umeh With N2.5 Million(Photo) / Can I Transfer From A Private University To A Public Or State? / Four Students Celebrating The End Of WASSCE At Lagos Beach Drown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.