Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:46 PM

When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason (35292 Views)

Can I Employ My Wife Without Appointment Letter? Need Advice / Can You Make Love To Your Husband/wife Without Kissing / How Do You Punish Your Wife Without Beating Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2020
Righteousness89:
From my Experience Counselling Families with Similar Challenges, my Advice is that you and your Wife Stick together and be Soaked in God.

It may Likely become a Spiritual Battle! But if you both can stick together in God, Victory is Certain..

does it factor if the Mother is a Right-rev in an Anglican Church in Ikoyi grin
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Righteousness89(m): 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

does it factor if the Mother is a Right-rev in an Anglican Church in Ikoyi grin

No Matter what the Mother is! As long as you are Legally Married She has no Right to put Asunder!

The Position of the Mother in Church should be the More Reason she shouldn't do such!
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Ollywealth(f): 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2020
The only lasting solution is to keep your mother totally, away from yr matrimonial home.

Send her money when the need arise. Finish.

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Joshmanuel10(m): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2020
All of you guys saying spiritual should calm down.. How does someone hating on another person spiritual... Pls explain I'm lost
cry cry cry
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by best30gift(m): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2020
mamaafrik:
The man must be wise to handle his mum wella in this situation,the wife can't do much......
mostly the mothers find it difficult to accept the fact that thier son is in another woman's hand,they usually feel this unnecessary jealousy,
some are displaying wrong attitude because they don't know how to express how they feel
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by buzorcharles(m): 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
Then dont involve her in ur family affairs. Only meet and greet or call and greet so long she doesn't come to ur home.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2020
Righteousness89:

No Matter what the Mother is! As long as you are Legally Married She has no Right to put Asunder!

The Position of the Mother in Church should be the More Reason she shouldn't do such!

The primary reason why I asked - I know of one in such a situation and the son has been a member of the church since he was born and the mother is highly revered in the church. what do you do when your choice of spouse did not get the blessing of your parents who are in powerful positions that can bring negative connotations when they cannot control or influence the behavior of their son within a marriage. there are actually Whatsapp Groups @poster can join and find similar persons in her situation and how issues are been dealt with. believe me, it is not all problems that we give to God's men to handle. Asides the blessing of marriage he has also blessed us with the independence of reason and wisdom in maturity to handle such matters. the common trend when the matters are brought before a religious body or figure is one of Love, Endurance and Understanding and the risk of shaming the church for failed marriages - I believe one of Adegboye's pastor son threw this issue up (and quite poorly) in one of his recent sermons.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by ImaIma1(f): 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
RonaldoVido:

So you don't believe the story ?

There are cases worse than what he said there..

Not that I don't believe it. But no one can hate another person just because they exist. There has to be something that triggers the hate. Hate is too strong an emotion to feel for someone for no reason.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by ImaIma1(f): 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
RonaldoVido:

Why don't these old Women hate on the husbands of their daughters ?

Because they are busy hating on their sons' wives.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Vetzy: 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
Please talk to your mom. You can't allow that to cause a problem in your home.. I believe you mom must have something against your wife but whatever the issue is,ensure that there is no room for confrontation between the two of them..
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by AmUmokeme(m): 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
MAYBE THEY ARE MATES.. THE MOTHER INLAW KNWS 2MUCH.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by rago(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
100%. It's an unprecedented spiritual warfare. While it is good to stick with God, I don't want to encourage anyone to have trouble with their mother or mother in law. Ogun buruku ni
Ogun nla ni.

Ogun EMI ni mo ni nkan mi. Hahahahaha! Stay away.

Righteousness89:
From my Experience Counselling Families with Similar Challenges, my Advice is that you and your Wife Stick together and be Soaked in God.

It may Likely become a Spiritual Battle! But if you both can stick together in God, Victory is Certain..
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Tech35: 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
Lean how to make a solar lights that Automatically on at night and automatically off in the morning, click on the link below
https:///pbUsoj-1Jw
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Phred1717: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
Mehn...! When it involves kids in the marriage, my wife stays oo...I will handle my mom heart to heart. Please don't ruin my home for me
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by verlmoon: 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2020
maybe you've heard so much from her lately, try listening to your mama too btw is your mom staying with you? if she is please.. you know what to do.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by alezzy13: 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
Karleb:

grin grin

This is what all women say until they become mother-in-laws themselves.

No mind them. They're all making mouth forgetting they would become MIL one day.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by alezzy13: 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
RonaldoVido:

Why don't these old Women hate on the husbands of their daughters ?

Lol! Odd isn't it? They're usually not too interested, even if it's an only daughter.

It's usually the fathers that take particular interest in their daughters spouse.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by alezzy13: 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
bptc10:
What you face is very common this days, I advice you to face your marriage provided you love your wife and your wife loves you, your mother is there just to destroy your relationship with your wife, so I advice you to keep your mother far away from your marriage, she's there for a mission.

Shuo!! Mother that carried him for nine months? Abeg this your own too much.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by alezzy13: 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2020
nemynely:
You and your wife should spoil her with excess love and gifts. With time, she will stop seeing her daughter in-law as a competitor but as a companion.
Excess love can even make a confirmed witch change her stance.

Fully Endorsed!! smiley
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by adontcare(f): 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
Well your mum may have her reasons or she is just plainly selfish. If u feel she doesn't have any tangible reasons, then u have to watch ur back because she may ruin ur life in trying to hurt ur wife. Pls be Prayerful
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by ModestGal(f): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2020
ambient:

Ha just like my husband aunts,they hated me only because for once my lovely husband went against their wish and married me,they got scared of the whole situation and kept hating me,nothing seem to please them,anyway them done tire, i don tire we are cool.
I don't pity you nor any Nigerian woman because you will still repeat thesame thing to your son's wife or uncles son. Its in African blood
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by deebrain(m): 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2020
It's usual. And trust me (I speak from experience) it can be very annoying especially when there is really nothing concrete to point to.

If you have a mother that loves your wife, congratulations.

It's the normal woman- thing. That's why I laugh when I hear dem feminist rant. It's natural with women. WOMEN DON'T LIKE TO SHARE AFFECTION!

So, Learn to be wise. Hold on to your wife. Be polite and understanding with your mother but be firm about the fact that you are now with your wife and she is number one in your life.

The plus side in all this, is that your mother loves you wella.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Dmitryjiboski: 11:04pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:
Good day all. Hope we are all fine.
I want to ask what can be done when you get to know and confirm that your mother hates your wife without any tangible reason and all she wants is to either control your home or destroy it by all means.
Valuablve answers will be appreciated
I am in your shoes right now. Worse part of it we live very close
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by whitenoiseng: 11:51pm On Sep 10, 2020
Jesslove:
She may be a witch and your spiritual wife this is why she is jealous of your wife
stupidity is no joke lipsrsealed
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by DavidEsq(m): 11:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:

She hates because she was not allowed to control their home. A friend of mine is in that situation now.
Just relocate to a very far state. Stay there with madam, born pikin, do everything for ur life there. Communicate with home only when necessary and when u do, just 5 words should be enough. Keep mute to any inquiries as to ur precise location or status. Send money home, when u can and when u must. Dem go cry dey find u to tell u sorry.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by cooooooks(m): 1:10am On Sep 11, 2020
Get Mama a boyfriend!!

Saintmary:

Help Mama to get a life, or some distraction.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Rosskii: 5:52am On Sep 11, 2020
Ollywealth:
The only lasting solution is to keep your mother totally, away from yr matrimonial home.

Send her money when the need arise. Finish.

Exactly. She is very likely a narcissist, and with them, there is only one answer to avoid a hellish life - No Contact (or very very limited)
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by jjlala: 8:01am On Sep 11, 2020
deebrain:
It's usual. And trust me (I speak from experience) it can be very annoying especially when there is really nothing concrete to point to.

If you have a mother that loves your wife, congratulations.

It's the normal woman- thing. That's why I laugh when I hear dem feminist rant. It's natural with women. WOMEN DON'T LIKE TO SHARE AFFECTION!

So, Learn to be wise. Hold on to your wife. Be polite and understanding with your mother but be firm about the fact that you are now with your wife and she is number one in your life.

The plus side in all this, is that your mother loves you wella.
Your Mother and your wife might be in the same society in the other world ... and probably the wife might senior the mother .. and they choose to settle the scores here ....

What do I even know .... I might be wrong ooo because I did not even read the post
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by ImaIma1(f): 8:15am On Sep 11, 2020
vickydevoka:
I never really encounter such, all I know is dat wives do hate de husbands brothers n sisters buh force de husband to like hers.

Which wives o?
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by ImaIma1(f): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2020
salt1:

How can you say this?
Op, every mother wants the best for her child. Mothers can intuitively sense who/ what is not good for their child. Maybe, your Mom has seen your wife as pretty but empty-headed.

Don't fight your Mom because of your wife. You will regret it later and hate your wife for causing the rift. Keep showing both love.

With time, you may see the reason for her resentment. You will need all the wisdom to manage the truth. I'm married and I insisted that Mama endorses the marriage.

Mothers can intuitively sense things but some mothers do things for their own selfish reasons or out of ignorance. And you should know that they don't know it all. Your wive is a mother or potential mother...does she know it all?

My MIL did not hate me but she was not totally in support of us. But the good thing is that my husband doesn't pretend that he doesn't know his mum's flaws and that has helped. He tells her when she is wrong. And he is careful of what he tells her to avoid issues and interference.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by ImaIma1(f): 8:41am On Sep 11, 2020
Aguogba:
most times when a man (husband) is placed inside bottle, the first manifestation is that he will start to perceive his mother as his wife's enemy. Then, he will move to the next stage, which is "I can only eat my wife's food". Next thing, one of their agents will reveal to the man that his mother is a witch and that was why his wife had one baby instead of triplet. The Oga patapata of them all is that his response to all his Bleep up will be "I know what I'm doing".

Lol...funny. cheesy

What of a case where the guy already knew his mum was a witch before getting married?

A close family to my family is in that wahala. Her husband's mum is a witch and the guy knew. The crazy part is that her mum is one also and their whole family knows but cannot confront her.

I wonder what they benefit from witchcraft.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. / Woman Celebrates Her Quadruplets At 6 Months (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Celebrates Her Divorce, Calls Out Those Responsible For It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.