Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason (34968 Views)

Can I Employ My Wife Without Appointment Letter? Need Advice / Can You Make Love To Your Husband/wife Without Kissing / How Do You Punish Your Wife Without Beating Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by dalass(f): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:
Good day all. Hope we are all fine.
I want to ask what can be done when you get to know and confirm that your mother hates your wife without any tangible reason and all she wants is to either control your home or destroy it by all means.
Valuable answers will be appreciated

She's an alpha female! grin grin

As such, she must be in total control. She's probably had everything done her way, now you want to give her competition. As an alpha female, she's territorial and hates competition....

You and your wife should live as far away from her as possible. Maybe her own MIL was like that too... Who knows? grin But let the wife take it easy and be humble, with time the momsie will have no choice but take her as her own daughter

All the best....
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Righteousness89(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
Akalia:
Thanks for the wise counsel. Currently I and my wife are facing the same thing from my mother and to even compound the problem my female siblings are taking my mum's side.

My Brother you and Your Should Stick Together in Prayers and Confidence in God..

Victory is Sure...
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by salt1: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2020
bptc10:
What you face is very common this days, I advice you to face your marriage provided you love your wife and your wife loves you, your mother is there just to destroy your relationship with your wife, so I advice you to keep your mother far away from your marriage, she's there for a mission.

How can you say this?
Op, every mother wants the best for her child. Mothers can intuitively sense who/ what is not good for their child. Maybe, your Mom has seen your wife as pretty but empty-headed.

Don't fight your Mom because of your wife. You will regret it later and hate your wife for causing the rift. Keep showing both love.

With time, you may see the reason for her resentment. You will need all the wisdom to manage the truth. I'm married and I insisted that Mama endorses the marriage.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by TPound(m): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:
I want to ask what can be done when you get to know and confirm that your mother hates your wife without any tangible reason and all she wants is to either control your home or destroy it by all means.

You're a Muslim bah?
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Aguogba(m): 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:
most times when a man (husband) is placed inside bottle, the first manifestation is that he will start to perceive his mother as his wife's enemy. Then, he will move to the next stage, which is "I can only eat my wife's food". Next thing, one of their agents will reveal to the man that his mother is a witch and that was why his wife had one baby instead of triplet. The Oga patapata of them all is that his response to all his Bleep up will be "I know what I'm doing".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by highcadre: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
They belong to different camps in the spiritual
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by apokan200(m): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:
most single mothers are like that so bad and it’s all because they can’t get what they want in terms of controlling their son

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by emmmyN: 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2020
sweetmelanin:

Sit your mother down (heart to heart) and make her admit the REAL reason why she hates your wife... then you can conclude whether it's a "tangible" reason or not.

This "heart to heart" talk being brandished on nairaland any time there is an unresolved issue, one would think there is a special recipe for it. What the heck is heart to heart talk misty angry?

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Bennysam: 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2020
crackhaus:
What is the reason she hates her first of all?

This is very important before we can rate it as tangible/intangible.
He just said the mother don't have good reasons and you still as him that reason's

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by nemynely(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
You and your wife should spoil her with excess love and gifts. With time, she will stop seeing her daughter in-law as a competitor but as a companion.
Excess love can even make a confirmed witch change her stance.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by tardell007(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
Then unfortunately that your mother is a witch,one doesnt have to fly at night to become one.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Bennysam: 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
sweetmelanin:

Sit your mother down (heart to heart) and make her admit the REAL reason why she hates your wife... then you can conclude whether it's a "tangible" reason or not.
Dummy
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by emmmyN: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:

Is the Father still alive? Are they together? If th answer to either questions is no, then get her a man. She needs to be "dickstracted" angry

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by kingemaker(m): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
Ardar:

How can she be a witch, a spiritual wife and his mother all at the same time?
Lol grin
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by beey2(m): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
A good friend have a converse situation. Not judging but I think the wife after marriage just don't want the mother-in-law around her. Please what can the husband do?
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Bahamas95(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
Even witches don't hate for no reason. Hatred comes when you buy a car, build a "wicked" mansion, get married to Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates son/daughter.

That woman is obviously hiding something.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by euniselfyahoo: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
May be, she never approve their marriage.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Coro19(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
I found myself in such a situation but I stuck with my wife... frankly speaking the reason for such hatred is just to control you and your family. mine started two years after no other child despite having one child... mother started showing so much interest in our affairs before you could know it she started hatingy wife. I just told my wife to always respect her and not to disclose any of our family issues to her since the marriage is between she n me and no other person.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by jaxxy(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:

The fact she is ur mother doesn’t mean she is always right or can’t be wrong. When sm1 is wrong they are are wrong. Bt 1st u have to establish she is the 1 actually wrong and not ur wife depending of the scenario and perspective of the case at hand.

There is little or no confusion if u know how to be objective.

NB: what do u mean by control ur home? And why wud she want to do that? Any reason? Hope ur wife is equally accommodating and not the controlling type aswell cos that cud be were friction may come from.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2020
put ur mum in her place. its your marriage not hers.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Aboguede(m): 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:

Check to know the old woman is not having dimencsia or whatever it is called.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2020
Righteousness89:
From my Experience Counselling Families with Similar Challenges, my Advice is that you and your Wife Stick together and be Soaked in God.

It may Likely become a Spiritual Battle! But if you both can stick together in God, Victory is Certain..

Good advice.

Me and my mrs stick together at least 3 times a week however what we get soaked in is definitely not God.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by jovijovi: 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
please check what you are not doing right to your mom since you got married to your wife. African moms always blame any little changes on their married son to the wife. or was there any arguement about her tribe before you got married to her? pls check well and make amend tell your wife to play the roll of a fool for your mom and she will love her. Most important let her be prayerful cos Satan may be using your wife's face to attack your mom in her dream while she is innocent. The devil always use one person to trouble a marriage that is meant to be.

Pls. check my signature for your waist trainer we deliver nationwide.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by DonBenny77(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2020
SegFault:

It is, if it were me that fool referred to I would have had the person banned immediately what sort of foolish behaviour is that.
It was not you so chill and stop reacting.
If you believe say witches exist na people mama dey be witch
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by scarybeeeee: 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
Will this ever stop?
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by adanny01(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:

2 things are involved.

Its either the mother is seeing what her son cannot see right now or the mother is plain wicked.

We don't know what the situation is so can't judge.

I don't want to believe the mother just hates for no reason. There is always a reason, just that she may never say it or has never been asked.

I have people I never liked from the day I set my eyes on them, there is always a reason so until that reason is know, every advise her os just beating around the bush.

Sometimes, the actual issue is misunderstanding or lack of understanding by all parties.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Nuklex(m): 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2020
Stand your ground and make it clear to your mum that to hate your wife means hating you as well and that you won't hesitate to reciprocate the hate.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by beauty7: 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2020
Most mothers in law who hate their daughters in law believe it is due to their love for their sons.

Also some think that if they suffer to raise a son, another woman cannot just come and enjoy the son just like that.

They want to be the center of the son's life.

Some believe that if they don't put the wife in check,she might harm her beloved son in one way or other.

This thinking is what generate hatred.

To solve this problem,the man must give the mum the impression that he is safe with his wife.

He must not let the mum feel that she has lost his affection and attention.

He must still do something for his mum.

But he must love his wife more.

If the mum is someone who believes in the traditional woman nature of submission to the husband, being the first to admit that she is wrong in an argument, believing that a man is always right while women are always wrong in marriage,

and the wife is the opposite of this traditional women nature, the husband should let the mum know that he likes the wife as she is,

that he doesn't like women with traditional woman nature.

By that, the mum out of love for the son must accept the woman as she is.

With these points, hatred will be reduced between the mum and the wife.
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:

You need to be very careful here man. I want to ask you this,is your mum the type that would naturally want to take control of your home ? You should know this because she is your mum. On the other hand,don't you think it is possible that your mum knows something about your wife that you are not aware of. There is this stereotype that mother in-laws are always wicked,I don't buy into it. This is because some of these so called wives can be very terrible and often times are responsible for the unending battles at homes.

Have you ever discussed this issue with your mum since you are so sure that she hates your wife and wants to take control of your home ? Have you listened to her own story too ? What does your mum stand to gain by destroying your home ? It doesn't make any sense to me sir !

Please don't ever hurt your mum because of your wife and never hurt your wife because of your mum. They are two different but very important women in your life. You must acknowledge that fact.

Women are very cunning and dangerous,it takes another woman to know one ! I'm not implying that your wife is bad but don't conclude yet that your mum just want to control or destroy your home.

Now let me be very frank with you here. If the going gets tough for you,God forbids,of the two women,it is ONLY your mum that can never disown you ! Talk to your mum in such a manner that she will open up to you regarding whatever grievances she might hold against your wife. She cannot just hate your wife, it doesn't make any sense.

Oh !,are you the only child ? If yes,my guy,that's a different thing entirely o !

Good luck man.

1 Like

Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by simfrost90210: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
.., bless your heart ..,
.., frankly speaking, in Africa, the best i know, it's over 75% probability that a couple and either of the in-laws, either father or mother, especially mothers-in-law, there's hardly peace in house coz the child of the present in-law will be faced with the responsibility of pleasing one and displeasing the other whenever times of priorities come ... smiley.., bless your heart ..,
.., frankly speaking, in Africa, the best i know, it's over 75% probability that a couple and either of the in-laws, either father or mother, especially mothers-in-law, there's hardly peace in house coz the child of the present in-law will be faced with the responsibility of pleasing one and displeasing the other whenever times of priorities come ...
Re: When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason by Mydazz(m): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2020
olawalepopoola:

All you have to do is put everyone in their place, do,this in the presence of both. If you know your mum this well maybe you shouldn't be allowing her stay long in your place though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eghosa Agbonifo Takes Wife To Greece, 10 Years After Being Ridiculed / My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage / "My Second Wife Is Sweeter, We Own Bar, Started Church" - Zimbabwean Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.