Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Overcoming Delay In Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Overcoming Delay In Marriage (5452 Views)

Guys, Why Girls Delay In Replying Your Chats / Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem / Does destiny exist in marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overcoming Delay In Marriage by REALTY: 6:15am On Feb 23, 2011
Stop asking God questions such as: Why me? Where are you Lord? Can I still depend on you and your Word? Are you still there? Am I not getting too old for marriage? But when will you answer me, Lord? These are questions of hopelessness.

When you give room to hopelessness in any situation, worry and anxiety set in, and before you know it your head is cast down. When you are worried, the devil wearies you. This in turn leads to depression. You cannot be oppressed, until you are depressed. Jesus came to free you from all oppressions of the devil (Acts 10:38). You must come out of your shell of depression and everything that seeks to cast you down, by celebrating the redemptive benefits in your life!

Refuse to be offended in God, no matter the pressure (Luke 7:23). Never react negatively to God because of your condition, so you don’t become helpless. Never justify yourself against God. Don’t be angry with God else, you may get stranded in life. Many old singles are stranded just because of this. He is your only Helper who can dignify your life.

Look at this testimony:

“I am 44 years old. I lost my mother when I was two years old, and some people swore that I won’t get married. Others said my marriage would be in the next generation. I asked what if people don’t marry in the next generation; and they said that means I would not know what it means to be married. Since I knew whom I believe, I told them that by the grace of God, I would be married.

At Shiloh 2004, Bishop David Oyedepo prophesied that those of us who desired a home would come to Shiloh 2005 with our spouses. I left Abuja because of shame and reproach. The dramatic thing that happened was that I was in Abuja, while my husband was in Ibadan. I had never met him before, but a brother who worships in Faith Tabernacle knew a Christian sister friend, and he mentioned my name in the presence of the man, who later became my husband. My husband started praying about me for a wife. When God told him to go ahead, he then called me on phone to say God said he should marry me.

I was somewhat furious at first. I asked him how God could ask him to marry someone he had never met. But the more I asked him, the more confidently he confirmed his assurance that God said he should go for me. After some argument, I went into prayers, and subsequently decided to go down to Ibadan to see him. When I eventually met him, I discovered that God’s hand was in the matter, and by the grace of God, we got married on August 27, 2005.

I thank God that I am now happily, joyfully, honourably and wonderfully married, as against the expectation of the enemy. God turned the table against my enemies, and reproach was taken away. I met the sister that mentioned my name to my husband for the first time on my wedding day.”

- Oyebola, C. O.

To handle pressures from various quarters as an older single person, you must learn to keep your hope alive. When you become hopeless on any issue, you become helpless. To enjoy the help of God, therefore, you must be full of hope.

God is the only source of Hope. To connect to the God of all hope, you need to surrender your life to Christ. You surrender by confessing your sins and accepting Jesus as your Saviour and Lord. If you are ready for this new birth experience, please say this prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. I cannot help myself. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious blood.
Deliver me from sin and Satan, to serve the Living God. From today, I accept You are my Lord and Saviour.
Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now, I know I am born again. GOD BLESS U
Re: Overcoming Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 23, 2011
undecided
Re: Overcoming Delay In Marriage by Gift19(f): 7:36am On Feb 23, 2011
Reality, tanks 4 advice and counselling. U're blessed in jesus name! Amen.
Re: Overcoming Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 23, 2011
Gift19:

Reality REALTY, tanks 4 advice and counselling. U're blessed in jesus name! Amen.
Re: Overcoming Delay In Marriage by Blueice4re(f): 8:24am On Feb 23, 2011
@poster, tanks dear you hav just touched my heart wit ur Advice.
Re: Overcoming Delay In Marriage by MMM2(m): 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
tell them
Re: Overcoming Delay In Marriage by cyna: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2011
most delay in marriage is poverty. uncertainty of the future. nobody wants to bring a child into the world to suffer the same way he or she suffered.thats why people are waiting to get a good means of lively hood before venturing into marriage. smiley
Re: Overcoming Delay In Marriage by sirtj007: 11:11am On Feb 24, 2011
i really enjoy your advice good to hear such a wonderful testimony,
Re: Overcoming Delay In Marriage by 190: 11:18am On Feb 24, 2011
reality is now a christian

this is good

(1) (Reply)

Question Of The Day, Will You Do It??...(photo) / TF Is This? Lol / I Don't Know What To Call This (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.