Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem (2953 Views)

Pics: Girls With Big Booties And Low Self Esteem / 9 Ways Guys With Low Self Esteem Show Desperation When Trying 2 Get a Girlfriend / How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Hope6289(f): 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
I grew up with low self esteem as a major challenge and it all started in Secondary school because I was teased a lot about my nose, small boobs and stature, lol. I thought I was over it until I started dating and it affected my relationships negatively because I was so scared I wasn't good enough and unfortunately, that negativity affected my partner not to see the good in me. I eventually faced this problem and would love to share the steps to help others, especially ladies.

1) Love yourself: you can't give what you don't have. You can't love and accept someone else when you can't love and accept yourself. Don't wait for someone to come and love you, love yourself first and that love would be contagious to people around you.

2) Identify the positive things about you: stop focusing on the negative. With time, I noticed there were beautiful things about myself I had not noticed and I started working on myself and loved myself the more. My eyes were opened to see someone who also saw the best in me and loved me for me

3) Be yourself, don't copy others: we're different and that's what makes life fun and beautiful. Not everyone can be tall, fair, busty, rich, etc. Be yourself and don't apologize for it!

4) Don't look for the flaws in yourself or other people: I noticed because I was used to identifying my flaws, I was also quick to identify other people's flaws. But when I made up my mind to focus on the best about people, I started seeing the best in myself.

5) Work on yourself: study yourself, improve on yourself, look good, be happy, let people see how smart, intelligent, joyful and beautiful you are. A low self esteem shows the worse side of you. A healthy self esteem shows the star in you.

6) Avoid negative people: don't hold on to people who are focused on ur flaws, don't be so afraid u need d emotional attachment to someone when the person doesn't love u the way u are!

7) Pray about it: trust me, it works!

You can also add yours. Be happy, you're wonderful and unique the way u are

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by falconey(m): 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
Shortcut......some guys just smoke some weed.
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by SkinnyDude(m): 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
when i was in sec sch, i was teased cos' am very skinny. i hated myself. i didn't like going out, always indoor. even when i must go out, i take the 'apain way' to avoid people from seeing me. i guess it affected me badly.
but thank God am improving. am now proud of my body structure, i no longer hide myself. even when am called 'atinga' 'earthworm', i dont take it seriously. i just laugh it off. i know with time, i wil stop being shy totally and start speaking publicly.

4 Likes

Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Hope6289(f): 1:27am On Mar 14, 2015
Lol, nice one skinnydude
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 14, 2015
These steps are easier said than done for someone afflicted with such condition. cry
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Hope6289(f): 1:42am On Mar 14, 2015
Dimples192:
These steps are easier said than done for someone afflicted with such condition. cry
It's hard but if you try, it's worth it. I went through it, was teased and felt rejected even from my own r/ship but I had to face the problem and I started seeing the good side of things. I've met people who have suffered from it so badly, someone I know even attempted suicide, but giving up or being depressed about a problem would never solve it. Pls try dear

1 Like

Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by ivyT(f): 2:31am On Mar 14, 2015
No 6 ,avoid negative people,its just a pity dat they are everywhere undecided

4 Likes

Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by SkinnyDude(m): 2:47am On Mar 14, 2015
i have also attempted suicide twice. taking overdose sleeping tablet. God! i wont try that shi!t again!
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 14, 2015
cool
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Hope6289(f): 9:36am On Mar 14, 2015
ivyT:
No 6 ,avoid negative people,its just a pity dat they are everywhere undecided

They're everywhere but you can ignore them smiley
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Hope6289(f): 9:40am On Mar 14, 2015
SkinnyDude:
i have also attempted suicide twice. taking overdose sleeping tablet. God! i wont try that shi!t again!

Thank God u didn't o! what we choose to believe about ourselves is greater than the opinions of other people
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by michaelwestern(m): 9:22am On Mar 15, 2015
SkinnyDude:

Please whats the name of the sleeping tablet you took? And why didnt it work?
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by SkinnyDude(m): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2015
michaelwestern:

Please whats the name of the sleeping tablet you took? And why didnt it work?
do you also want to try suicide?

it didn't work, probably because my liver is still active.. i have to stop it before my liver gets weak.. you know, liver problem is deadly.
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by SkinnyDude(m): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2015
Hope6289:

Thank God u didn't o! what we choose to believe about ourselves is greater than the opinions of other people
yes. Happy sunday
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by michaelwestern(m): 9:54am On Mar 15, 2015
SkinnyDude:

do you also want to try suicide?

it didn't work, probably because my liver is still active.. i have to stop it before my liver gets weak.. you know, liver problem is deadly.

Kinda, please tell me the name of the drug.
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by SkinnyDude(m): 10:05am On Mar 15, 2015
michaelwestern:

Kinda, please tell me the name of the drug.
why do you wanna do it?
that shiit is for the weak ones.
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by cokacoola(m): 10:51am On Mar 15, 2015
Hope6289:
I grew up with low self esteem as a major challenge and it all started in Secondary school because I was teased a lot about my nose, small boobs and stature, lol. I thought I was over it until I started dating and it affected my relationships negatively because I was so scared I wasn't good enough and unfortunately, that negativity affected my partner not to see the good in me. I eventually faced this problem and would love to share the steps to help others, especially ladies.

1) Love yourself: you can't give what you don't have. You can't love and accept someone else when you can't love and accept yourself. Don't wait for someone to come and love you, love yourself first and that love would be contagious to people around you.

2) Identify the positive things about you: stop focusing on the negative. With time, I noticed there were beautiful things about myself I had not noticed and I started working on myself and loved myself the more. My eyes were opened to see someone who also saw the best in me and loved me for me

3) Be yourself, don't copy others: we're different and that's what makes life fun and beautiful. Not everyone can be tall, fair, busty, rich, etc. Be yourself and don't apologize for it!

4) Don't look for the flaws in yourself or other people: I noticed because I was used to identifying my flaws, I was also quick to identify other people's flaws. But when I made up my mind to focus on the best about people, I started seeing the best in myself.

5) Work on yourself: study yourself, improve on yourself, look good, be happy, let people see how smart, intelligent, joyful and beautiful you are. A low self esteem shows the worse side of you. A healthy self esteem shows the star in you.

6) Avoid negative people: don't hold on to people who are focused on ur flaws, don't be so afraid u need d emotional attachment to someone when the person doesn't love u the way u are!

so becurse you have a small boobies and a guy desided to mange it you come advicing our laides not to pump their small boobies Plasea females take her advices on you owners risk sad
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by demmy0325(m): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2015
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Hope6289(f): 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
SkinnyDude:

yes. Happy sunday
happy sunday too!
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by michaelwestern(m): 4:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
SkinnyDude:

why do you wanna do it?
that sh!t is for the weak ones.

I've wanted to commit suicide since over a year now, so am 100% sure that itz what i want and i wont regret it, so please be kind enough to tell me the name of the drug and how to get it.
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by SkinnyDude(m): 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
michaelwestern:

I've wanted to commit suicide since over a year now, so am 100% sure that itz what i want and i wont regret it, so please be kind enough to tell me the name of the drug and how to get it.
ok, but be kind enough to tell us why you want to do it.. we might have a solution to it.
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by missphumby(f): 11:22am On Mar 17, 2015
Hope6289:

nice one dear. this made my day already

1 Like

Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
This is truly lovely Hope6289.
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Hope6289(f): 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
thank you missphumby and andromida smiley
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
Hope6289:
thank you missphumby and andromida smiley

smiley
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Mhizizzy(f): 2:16pm On Mar 17, 2015
Tnk God I don't AV a low self esteem
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mhizizzy:
Tnk God I don't AV a low self esteem

It is not like low self esteem is congenital so why thanking God?

Do you stay on campus?
Re: Steps To Overcoming Low Self Esteem by researchwork: 12:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
YOU NEED MORE THAN JUST STEP.

CHECKOUT THIS PIC OF RESEARCH WORK ON THE RELATION BETWEEN SELF ESTEEM AND DEPRESSION. http://www.projectandresearchwork.com/114-2/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

12 Things Men Do That Make Women Fall Deeper In Love / 3 Issues Dygeasy Seun Need To Address Before The Next Round / Nigerian Men Have No Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.