Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,439 members, 7,954,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 (63632 Views)

Top Ten Lucrative Courses In Nigeria / Most Lucrative Courses In Nigeria: No. 10 Will Shock You!! / Top 10 Lucrative Courses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Naijaarchive(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2020
abdullahi45:

Exactly, quite sad.

But on setting up lab as a Medical Microbiologist. Can you brief me more on it? Is it a diagnostic or research related lab?

It's a diagnostic laboratory...

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 10:12am On Sep 08, 2020
Naijaarchive:

It's a diagnostic laboratory...

Alright thanks man. Perhaps I was misinformed. Some people told me a med microbiologist/microbiologist needs the certificate of a MLS to set up a diagnostic, but not a research lab. You know how true this is?
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by MediMedi(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2020
Where are Educational courses..?
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 10:14am On Sep 08, 2020
Samcent:

Seconded!

The inclusion of microbiology has discredited that list.

And let me remind the op that a degree in microbiology does not qualify one to work in a medical laboratory.

I agree with the latter but not the former..

One thing people don't understand is, microbiology is the most ubiquitous discipline I have ever seen. Come to think of it, a microbiologist can decide to delve into public health, just like a medical doctor. A microbiologist can go into bioinformatics, immunology, vaccinology, biotechnology, et cetera. Not to talk about the ever-extensive branches of microbiology itself, such as water, pharmaceutical, soil, industrial, environmental, petroleum, medical, et cetera. I mean, I don't think anyone would ever regret studying microbiology, if at least the person has the right mentality and tools about opportunities around him and how to exploit them maximally.

Finally, when you study a course, don't limit it to Nigeria, please look beyond your shore, dare to change the world and get the best from whatever you study.

Disagree with this?

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Golden75(m): 10:15am On Sep 08, 2020
[quote author=ActionTaker post=93700137]It's not what you read in the university but what you make out of what you read, okay? Even in the most lucrative professions in the world there are paupers. You better focus on what you will do with what you've learned if you want to be happy with yourself now or in the remote future![/
End of discussion,
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by shibanbo(m): 10:15am On Sep 08, 2020
Library and information science
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by KNOWMORE56: 10:19am On Sep 08, 2020
abdullahi45:

Public relations, Human Resource Management, and may be

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 10:19am On Sep 08, 2020
toprealman:
Nothing new here. OP there are courses you have never even heard about.
Last last, course na just title. The ko ko na the drive, grace and ability to think.

Yes man.

Soon A.I and Robots are even gonna take many jobs, not so soon in Nigeria though...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by faceland: 10:20am On Sep 08, 2020
School sometimes feel like a waste of time... I hope you are not selling dreams

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by FGonline: 10:21am On Sep 08, 2020
Naijaarchive:

Medical microbiology, the large subset of
microbiology that is applied to medicine , is a branch of medical science concerned with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of
infectious diseases. In addition, this field of science studies various clinical applications of microbes for the improvement of health.

As far as Nigeria is concerned this is more lucrative than the NORMAL MICROBIOLOGY.
for clarity sake can you please define normal microbiology?

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by FGonline: 10:24am On Sep 08, 2020
abdullahi45:

I agree with the latter but not the former..

One thing people don't understand is, microbiology is the most ubiquitous discipline I have ever seen. Come to think of it, a microbiologist can decide to delve into public health, just like a medical doctor. A microbiologist can go into bioinformatics, immunology, vaccinology, biotechnology, et cetera. Not to talk about the ever-extensive branches of microbiology itself, such as water, pharmaceutical, soil, industrial, environmental, petroleum, medical, et cetera. I mean, I don't think anyone would ever regret studying microbiology, if at least the person has the right mentality and tools about opportunities around him and how to exploit them maximally.

Finally, when you study a course, don't limit it to Nigeria, please look beyond your shore, dare to change the world and get the best from whatever you study.

Disagree with this?
Having the knowledge alone is enough

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Justinchukwu1(f): 10:25am On Sep 08, 2020
I didn't see Philosophy and Igbo Linguistics
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by vickydevoka(m): 10:26am On Sep 08, 2020
Only agriculture n estate management I see dere abeg. Civil engineering is also good if u have contact

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by jakeFrost: 10:28am On Sep 08, 2020
Even after studying any aforementioned course, to get work na another wahala

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:31am On Sep 08, 2020
Estate Management all the way i'm preparing for my M.sc

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Naijaarchive(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2020
abdullahi45:

Alright thanks man. Perhaps I was misinformed. Some people told me a med microbiologist/microbiologist needs the certificate of a MLS to set up a diagnostic, but not a research lab. You know how true this is?

Not sure about that.. The certificate should cover private practice unless there is a mixup cos even UNN confirms it

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by cray91(m): 10:37am On Sep 08, 2020
Can't be said any better
Mokason28:
grin last last skol nah scam

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Naijaarchive(m): 10:39am On Sep 08, 2020
FGonline:
for clarity sake can you please define normal microbiology?

Microbiology is the study of microorganisms, Microbiology encompasses numerous sub-disciplines including virology, bacteriology,
protistology, mycology, immunology and
parasitology.
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Exmilitant(m): 10:39am On Sep 08, 2020
Chuku graduated as a microbiologist. Chima completed his apprenticeship as a electrician. Chuku is still searching for job 3years after graduation. Chima gets a job with PHCN 6 months after. Chuku brags to Chima about his university education. Chima comes to Chuku for electric bill. Chuku pleads with Chima, says he has no job. Chima disconnect Chuku's light.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by shegzhkn: 10:47am On Sep 08, 2020
merieam16:
Are u minding him ni,me that even interviewed a petrochemical engineering graduate in a school i'm managing recently

can u tell me more about it ??
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by placeofallure(f): 10:47am On Sep 08, 2020
Uyi168:
Whats lucrative about microbiology??

Coronavirus grin grin shocked grin

5 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by 2innocent(m): 10:47am On Sep 08, 2020
Uyi168:
Op, I just God beg u..
Remove microbiology from your list...
I GO SOON SWEAR FOR THIS OP because OF THAT MICROBIOLOGY WEY I SEE, IF NOT FOR ICT WEY I LEARN N TEACHING WORK, E FOR DON BEE FOR ME

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by merieam16(f): 10:47am On Sep 08, 2020
derbykol:
Petrochemical engineering is overrated.
Okay...so d courses mentioned above is underrated
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2020
Mokason28:

That’s why Igbo people are still the richest people in Africa because they don’t put skol first... Ewu
undecidedundecided where is your proof.

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by merieam16(f): 10:50am On Sep 08, 2020
shegzhkn:

can u tell me more about it ??
about wat
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by micxwell(m): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2020
NigeriaB:
11. Medicine and surgery

People also underrate this course and I think it could be lucrative
This was the mistake a lot of us Science students made.

I discovered late.... That OCCUPATIONAL/GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY Sits on top of it like a king. PUBLIC HEALTH is big bro...

5 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by chi4ik(m): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2020
Study Special Education and thank me later. More lucrative than Medicine!!!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by derbykol(f): 10:52am On Sep 08, 2020
merieam16:
Okay...so d courses mentioned above is underrated
Studying Petrochemical engineering in this present Nigeria is not promising.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by destinel(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2020
Get smart solutions to your financial empowerment...

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 10:53am On Sep 08, 2020
Naijaarchive:

Not sure about that.. The certificate should cover private practice unless there is a mixup cos even UNN confirms it

MB, BS?? I can't see anything about med microbiology here.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by deewhydoski(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2020
Irrespective of the course you studied, just ask for the grace of God to follow you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 08, 2020
Exodora:
Not everybody study to hammer , some are there cause of the passion they have for the course or education.
Some doctors are still very poor like wise some engineers etc.
Thank you, best comment so far.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship / JAMB Offices, Phone Number,address And Email In All 36 States Of Nigeria / Oou Post Utme 2012/2013.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.