Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:32 PM

10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 (63576 Views)

Top Ten Lucrative Courses In Nigeria / Most Lucrative Courses In Nigeria: No. 10 Will Shock You!! / Top 10 Lucrative Courses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Ugaboy: 10:54am On Sep 08, 2020
Ajibade123:
for free??
no there is an offer, pick up my digit
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by FGonline: 10:55am On Sep 08, 2020
Naijaarchive:

Microbiology is the study of microorganisms, Microbiology encompasses numerous sub-disciplines including virology, bacteriology,
protistology, mycology, immunology and
parasitology.
Ok

Hope u learn from my question?
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Ugaboy: 10:55am On Sep 08, 2020
abayimi567:
we gather dae oooo
greetings sir, u gather at my signature
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by shegzhkn: 10:57am On Sep 08, 2020
merieam16:
about wat

about the whole interview process, why he wanted the job of a teacher, you know.

you must have had some convo with him, that all am asking.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Agbebakun22: 11:02am On Sep 08, 2020
I'm commercial student, I will love to take a look at estate management.. Pls what are the subject requirements for it especially a commercial student.. I have math, English, civic, economics, agricultural science, marketing, financial accounting, commerce... Which one's will be good combination for estate management, already finished an NCE but I want to start afresh again
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 08, 2020
placeofallure:

Coronavirus grin grin shocked grin
Lol. Op just wrote, he didn't do research before writing. Most of those microbiology graduates are now makeup artists, hairdressers or tailors.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2020
shegzhkn:

about the whole interview process, why he wanted the job of a teacher, you know.

you must have had some convo with him, that all am asking.
It's simple, because that seems to b the only option left 4 him.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Lisaint(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2020
Op

Where’s geography and planning sciences?
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Pavillon: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2020
Oil dy your head bro, God bless you for that bolded part.
first, dont limit yourself to Nigeria guys, dont. travel to other neighbouring states, you can be useful there. The internet is there for you,its not just to be update of what's going on in the world of entertainment, it's also for your personal growth. Check for research labs in other countries where you can intern if its very hard for you to start in Nigeria, opportunities abound everywhere.
secondly, microbiology is diverse, and at such, you must know the area that interest you most. For example, I studied microbiology, i took courses in almost all areas of microbiology,ranging from medical, environmental. Immunology, food, to industrial but outta of all these courses, believe you me, the only one i found interesting is medical microbiology/molecular, and that is what i cling to up till now. You can not be a jack of all trade, look for that aspect you can thrive and hold on to it.
As i will always say The sky is wide enough for all birds to fly without collision . Dont let anyone deceive you that microbiology graduates are just too much than the available jobs.
abdullahi45:

I agree with the latter but not the former..

One thing people don't understand is, microbiology is the most ubiquitous discipline I have ever seen. Come to think of it, a microbiologist can decide to delve into public health, just like a medical doctor. A microbiologist can go into bioinformatics, immunology, vaccinology, biotechnology, et cetera. Not to talk about the ever-extensive branches of microbiology itself, such as water, pharmaceutical, soil, industrial, environmental, petroleum, medical, et cetera. I mean, I don't think anyone would ever regret studying microbiology, if at least the person has the right mentality and tools about opportunities around him and how to exploit them maximally.

Finally, when you study a course, don't limit it to Nigeria, please look beyond your shore, dare to change the world and get the best from whatever you study.

Disagree with this?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by SctDonald(m): 11:11am On Sep 08, 2020
Naijaarchive:

Do you know how many private hospitals that need laboratory workers?, and the ability to set up your own private lab...(self employed)... Just read your full comments. I know people who study medical microbiology that have their own laboratories functioning well
You know.., and you think is the right thing..
First, you can't study medical microbiology as a degree or B.sc course in Nigeria. It is only allowed in post graduate program after microbiology ( under G program).
Only medical laboratory scientists have the power through their license to establish a diagnostic center. Even a doctor can't establish a diagnostic center with his or her license. Hence, he or she must require the license of a medical laboratory scientist to do that.., and he must employ a medical laboratory scientist in the lab...
It is a waste of time, and resources to study medical microbiology. It is better to go for Medical Laboratory sciences. If you have passion for medical microbiology, you can specialize in medical microbiology/ Parasitology ( Bacteriology, virology, Mycology, and parasitology)...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2020
abdullahi45:

MB, BS?? I can't see anything about med microbiology here.
That's where u sud know u'v been having Zero argument with someone u sudnt av involved in an argument with. How does MBBS relate with MCB? Diagnostic centers are for MLS. Don't mind d guy, No b only medical microbiology na health microbiology...lol

4 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by olmoRoc: 11:16am On Sep 08, 2020
I don't see why they should all be underrated. civil engineering and marketing are the only courses which I feel sould be a no no.

I was advised against studying marketing about 30 years ago, and today, I believe the person knew why he frowned against my proposal.

Civil engineering was my number one choice growing up because I wanted to be like my dad, but looking back today, I thank God I got a P in chemistry.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by AbuAeesha: 11:17am On Sep 08, 2020
mayor1814:
Add English Education, Math Education, Educational Technology and other educational courses.

You can work effectively anywhere with those underrated educational courses. You can work in media houses, companies, academic field ETC.

Educational courses are one of the best courses offered in the universities.
should I send u my CV?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Naijaarchive(m): 11:19am On Sep 08, 2020
FGonline:
Ok

Hope u learn from my question?

Lol yes grin it's been a while since I engage in this kind of discussions on nairaland
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by daniwise(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2020
[quote author=HELLASJ post=93681638]not just civil engineering(construction/building technology, project/construction management etc) , all construction courses are lucrative... [/quo

U sabi
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by soloemon: 11:23am On Sep 08, 2020
CONCLUSION is in deed a lucrative course, I know of a friend that studied that course. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 11:23am On Sep 08, 2020
Pavillon:
Oil dy your head bro, God bless you for that bolded part.
first, dont limit yourself to Nigeria guys, dont. travel to other neighbouring states, you can be useful there. The internet is there for you,its not just to be update of what's going on in the world of entertainment, it's also for your personal growth. Check for research labs in other countries where you can intern if its very hard for you to start in Nigeria, opportunities abound everywhere.
secondly, microbiology is diverse, and at such, you must know the area that interest you most. For example, I studied microbiology, i took courses in almost all areas of microbiology,ranging from medical, environmental. Immunology, food, to industrial but outta of all these courses, believe you me, the only one i found interesting is medical microbiology/molecular, and that is what i cling to up till now. You can not be a jack of all trade, look for that aspect you can thrive and hold on to it.
As i will always say The sky is wide enough for all birds to fly without collision . Dont let anyone deceive you that microbiology graduates are just too much than the available jobs.

Absolutely! You hit the nail's head bro. Information is everywhere, people only have problems accessing it or have access to wrong info.

How's medical microbiology treating you bro? For me, I prefer molecular microbiology, though a bit more challenging, but interesting..
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Naijaarchive(m): 11:24am On Sep 08, 2020
SctDonald:
You know.., and you think is the right thing..
First, you can't study medical microbiology as a degree or B.sc course in Nigeria. It is only allowed in post graduate program after microbiology (under G program).
Only medical laboratory scientists have the power through their license to establish a diagnostic center. Even a doctor can't establish a diagnostic center with his or her license. Hence, he or she must require the license of a medical laboratory scientist to do that.., and he must employ a medical laboratory scientist in the lab...
It is a waste of time, and resources to study medical microbiology. It is better to go for Medical Laboratory sciences. If you have passion for medical microbiology, you can specialize in medical microbiology/ Parasitology ( Bacteriology, virology, Mycology, and parasitology)...

Yes you are right... I only want people to know microbiology BSc alone can't get them jobs or opportunities in medical line and you can't establish yourself with it Nigeria as at now.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 11:24am On Sep 08, 2020
soloemon:
CONCLUSION is in deed a lucrative course, I know of a friend that studied that course. shocked shocked shocked shocked

cheesy

What about INTRODUCTION?
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by osamz007: 11:27am On Sep 08, 2020
deltateam:

See the jaw breaking name. Petrochemical engineering.
Before you study those courses, make sure your father is Dangote.
If not , na hunger go shift you.
you're wicked grin
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by solidifi: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2020
You forgot to add NASS
National Assembly
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Naijaarchive(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2020
sherylbakky:
That's where u sud know u'v been having Zero argument with someone u sudnt av involved in an argument with. How does MBBS relate with MCB? Diagnostic centers are for MLS. Don't mind d guy, No b only medical microbiology na health microbiology...lol

Am not mixing it up... Yes i know people with Medical microbiology that run private labs.
The screenshot is from UNN website.. Here is the full view

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by samuelpeters(m): 11:33am On Sep 08, 2020
abdullahi45:

Alright thanks man. Perhaps I was misinformed. Some people told me a med microbiologist/microbiologist needs the certificate of a MLS to set up a diagnostic, but not a research lab. You know how true this is?
You were not misinformed.
Anybody can setup a diagnostic centre, you only need the Licence of MLS to register and run the Laboratory.
Though the rule says a Medical Laboratory Scientist MUST man such Lab, but i don't think most adhere to that.
Since most labs run basic tests.
Once any complicated diagnostic test is needed, they send it to another Lab.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by JasperVII(m): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2020
In my own opinion all courses are equally important and good in their own way. Just that here in Nigeria pretty much everything is messed up, education system included. Hence some courses are favoured more than the others.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Chamberlin1983(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2020
You are right bro
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by harbeebski(m): 11:36am On Sep 08, 2020
and no one is talking about public health
the course is hot cake I'm an undergraduate tho☺

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by harbeebski(m): 11:37am On Sep 08, 2020
Naijaarchive:

Yes you are right... I only want people to know microbiology BSc alone can't get them jobs or opportunities in medical line and you can't establish yourself with it Nigeria as at now.
please what about bsc. public health

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by samuelpeters(m): 11:38am On Sep 08, 2020
Naijaarchive:

Am not mixing it up... Yes i know people with Medical microbiology that run private labs.
You are confusing yourself.
We have pathologists that specialize in Medical Microbiology and we also have MLS that specialize in Medical Microbiology.
The former cannot setup a Diagnostic Lab without the Licence of the Latter(still debatable). Both can say they are Medical Microbiologists.

I don't think we have an Undergraduate course called MedMCB. if we do, the person cannot setup a Lab without the Licence of MLS.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Pavillon: 11:39am On Sep 08, 2020
abdullahi45:

Absolutely! You hit the nail's head bro. Information is everywhere, people only have problems accessing it or have access to wrong info.

How's medical microbiology treating you bro? For me, I prefer molecular microbiology, though a bit more challenging, but interesting..

Ive sent you a PM.
Lets discuss

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by eteba(m): 11:39am On Sep 08, 2020
Most of them are biology teachers in secondary schools grin grin grin grin[/quote]

and all these small small pple dat test 4 malaria and thyphoid
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 08, 2020
Naijaarchive:

In case u do not know what MBBS stands for, it means Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. That's Medical doctors the UNN site is referring to and not any kind of Microbiology. Microbiology in Nigeria today is a no go area in terms of job opportunities. Mind you, even MBBS do not av the authority to set up diagnostic centers, only Medical Lab scientists can.

And as for medical microbiology, it's under microbiology and it's not being studied at first degree level. Even with the medical microbiology at the second or third degree level, it doesn't still change the fact that u are a microbiologist and no job opportunities in that field in Nigeria of today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship / JAMB Offices, Phone Number,address And Email In All 36 States Of Nigeria / Oou Post Utme 2012/2013.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.