Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 (62575 Views)

Top Ten Lucrative Courses In Nigeria / Most Lucrative Courses In Nigeria: No. 10 Will Shock You!! / Top 10 Lucrative Courses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by santos123(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2020
Special education as in how ?pls elaborate
chi4ik:
Study Special Education and thank me later. More lucrative than Medicine!!!
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Polchiz(m): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2020
sherylbakky:
Ok, but If it's that easy, all these MCB graduates that are now makeup artists wud have done that.

If u know anyone who is medical microbiologist and have a diagnostic lab, it's either the person studied MLS at first degree level and went for medical microbiology at second degree as a matter of interest or the person employ a Medical Lab scientist( or using the influence of Medical Lab scientist, which is illegal )as the main Officer of that Lab. Find out more

And why would a Microbiologist want to work in the hospital or laboratory while he can become a manager in food industry and earn more than your Chief Medical Director?

The reasons people study courses that make them work in the hospital are:
1. the chances of getting a job faster than others
2. the deception that they are professionals by virtue of a license while others are not. That is the most illogical thing I have heard for years.

My boss made first class in Microbiology and he earns more than your state governor (without corruption). He is a top manager in a food industry.

How I wish any Biochemist/Microbiologist can synthesize industrial enzymes locally. He will become a billionaire in one year. I guarantee you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Cmanforall: 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ugaboy:
Im proud to see math and stat there, atleast im seeing how valuable i am in the society.
Mathematicians, staticians and computer scientist
gather here and take a look at my signature, and take a course in data science.
It is quite lucrative.
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by familier(m): 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
I was Admitted to study Civil Engineering but i switched to Estate Management due to some problems m not sure if i understand the present course
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Drizzy5001(m): 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2020
Economics nko?
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Drizzy5001(m): 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2020
Medunah:
Knowing what i know now, I wish I studied Human Resourses in school
Lol.. What did u study
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Drizzy5001(m): 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2020
Im currently studying business administration, tgat means I'm safe grin
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Medunah: 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
Drizzy5001:
Lol.. What did u study
Economics
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2020
Samcent:

I agree that there are many specialization options for a microbiologist but exploring those options is easier said than done. Also, leaving the country is easier said than done for the average Nigerian.

I have a degree in microbiology with over six years experience in public health practice. I have colleagues with degrees from engineering, different science courses, arts, education etc, many of them doing very well; trust me microbiology does not give me any advantage.

The juice is not worth the squeeze!

The lecturers in the department - some are my friends - know the challenges ahead of their graduates but since they already have a job they are less bothered.

I am not here to convince anyone of anything, just airing my opinion.

Like many have noted, it's not the course you studied but the grace of God that will take one to the top.

Absolutely. I agree with you Chief. Yeah the juice might not worth the squeeze in Nigeria, but not offshore. Have you tried to explore opportunities available outside Nigeria with that your ample years of experience?
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Samcent: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
abdullahi45:

Absolutely. I agree with you Chief. Yeah the juice might not worth the squeeze in Nigeria, but not offshore. Have you tried to explore opportunities available outside Nigeria with that your ample years of experience?
Of course, yes!

Na God I dey beg make e pick my call...na tey e go tey, stammerer go call em papa name...

For everyone in legitimate hustle, don't give up, our God no go shame us...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Cindy222(f): 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2020
mayor1814:
Add English Education, Math Education, Educational Technology and other educational courses.

You can work effectively anywhere with those underrated educational courses. You can work in media houses, companies, academic field ETC.

Educational courses are one of the best courses offered in the universities.

Are you serious? I know someone who is very intelligent and he studied Economics and Statistics Education/Adult Education(Double Honours) yet he has not gotten a job till now? I wonder why, always.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
harbeebski:

please what about bsc. public health

Great choice. But make sure you don't limit yourself to Nigeria territory..

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Adavizeee(m): 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2020
Komu1048:

Are u gainfully employed or self employed
Self employed

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by earnit3: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
hmmmmm
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2020
Polchiz:

And why would a Microbiologist want to work in the hospital or laboratory while he can become a manager in food industry and earn more than your Chief Medical Director?

The reasons people study courses that make them work in the hospital are:
1. the chances of getting a job faster than others
2. the deception that they are professionals by virtue of a license while others are not. That is the most illogical thing I have heard for years.

My boss made first class in Microbiology and he earns more than your state governor (without corruption). He is a top manager in a food industry.

How I wish any Biochemist/Microbiologist can synthesize industrial enzymes locally. He will become a billionaire in one year. I guarantee you.

I am motivated! The spirit of microbiology in me has exploded just by reading this. Which kind of industrial enzymes are we talking about and who is my target market since industries also synthesise theirs?

How will your boss pave way for me in that food industry grin. I am also a microbiologist.
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by merieam16(f): 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
shegzhkn:

about the whole interview process, why he wanted the job of a teacher, you know.

you must have had some convo with him, that all am asking.
Okay. He just said he loves teaching and that after ssce he taught before he gained admission. So i told him if he sees a better offer he will forget his love for teaching...he just laughed. By nextweek will call them for macro teaching

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Polchiz(m): 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2020
abdullahi45:

I am motivated! The spirit of microbiology in me has exploded just by reading this. Which kind of industrial enzymes are we talking about and who is my target market since industries also synthesise theirs?

How will your boss pave way for me in that food industry grin. I am also a microbiologist.
Send me private mail.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2020
Polchiz:

Send me private mail.

Alright Boss. Just did.
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2020
Medunah:

Economics

But you can delve into professional courses nah. I don't think only people that studied HRM are resource managers.. There should be courses out there you do to practice as one. Be out there for the right info.
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2020
Medunah:

Economics
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Hezmatosky: 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2020
sherylbakky:
Keep applying dear, dont give up, a great course u'v studied.
Abegi, I don tire
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by shegzhkn: 5:56pm On Sep 08, 2020
merieam16:
Okay. He just said he loves teaching and that after ssce he taught before he gained admission. So i told him if he sees a better offer he will forget his love for teaching...he just laughed. By nextweek will call them for macro teaching

kk, i get it.

Thanks.
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by ttbaba(m): 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
Rubbished
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by IRODANOSA(m): 12:51am On Sep 09, 2020
Agricultural Economics cool
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Arabaincubus: 5:40am On Sep 09, 2020
Eaztzide:
True
I remember when I told my parents that I registered for Computer Science in Jamb. They were just hollering that I should buy change of course form and change it instead to computer engineering due to that professional courses is seen to be the only lucrative way to financial stability. At the end, I didn't change and I can say that choosing Computer Science is one of my best decisions in life which I haven't regretted one bit.
In the end, do what your heart tells you not what people want you to.

You were lucky not to have changed it. In the west, CS rules and is acknowledged as the king in software. You are hired straight from school. You are right that happiness is following your passion. All the giant tech company owners studied or attempted CS.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by harbeebski(m): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2020
abdullahi45:

Great choice. But make sure you don't limit yourself to Nigeria territory..
thanks Sir... like applying for international NGOs jobs right??

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
harbeebski:

thanks Sir... like applying for international NGOs jobs right??

Yeah. And you can also consider relocating offshore for your MPH, in order to acquire more cutting-edge skills, increase your exposure, and set you more prepared for international jobs' endeavors..

All the best Chief!
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by abdullahi45: 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
Polchiz:

Send me private mail.

Hello Boss.

I have sent you pm, I await your response.
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by harbeebski(m): 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2020
abdullahi45:

Yeah. And you can also consider relocating offshore for your MPH, in order to acquire more cutting-edge skills, increase your exposure, and set you more prepared for international jobs' endeavors..

All the best Chief!

thanks for the piece Sir... really appreciate

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Eaztzide: 1:10am On Sep 10, 2020
bukxy:

same here o
which school did u choose?
i just can't wait for this pandemic to JP jare and everything should return to normal
Nnamdi Azikiwe University smiley
Re: 10 Underrated But Lucrative Courses In Nigeria In 2020 by Eaztzide: 1:12am On Sep 10, 2020
Arabaincubus:

You were lucky not to have changed it. In the west, CS rules and is acknowledged as the king in software. You are hired straight from school. You are right that happiness is following your passion. All the giant tech company owners studied or attempted CS.
True words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos / Greenfield University School Fees (Photos) / The New Means Students Use In Cheating During Exams (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.