Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Frustration Of Everything - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Frustration Of Everything (228 Views)

I Am Not Proud Of Myself Because Of What I Am Into Now Due To Frustration / Frustration Is About To Turn Me Into A Beast / Sexual Frustration Of A Physically Challenged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frustration Of Everything by zumazeks: 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2020
I'm opening thread to vent.
I'm just tired of everything.
I remember just after gaining admission into school, while going to get my documents signed, I branched at motion ground to make some photocopies. It was there I met a man at one of the photocopy stands. We started a discussion while the were making the copies. He asked what I would like to do after finishing school, I proudly replied that I would like to work in the public sector just my Dad, who spent 35 years in service without a stain not blemish.
The man smiled and asked me, Is any one of your immediate family a top politician? I answered no. He also asked, hope Dad and Mum have connections? I shook my head. Then he concluded with finality with these exact words " start saving now to be able to pay your way into the civil service when you graduate". I shook my head and quietly muttered, God forbid under my breadth to this declaration by this "agent of devil"
Now in hindsight, I wish I had listened.
Not only were those words accurate, they border in the prophetic.
I mean, Only God knows how many application man has submitted physically and online. The story is usually the same, the connected ones get the job.
The last straw that broke the camel's back is the DSS recruitment. I travelled to Osun with the last money in my account, even Struggled to get my application submitted, and was honestly hoping for the best. Only to later to hear candidates have been selected and were contacted to resume camp this week. The Most painful part is, a former classmate who did not even bother to apply, got a call from his brother who told him to resume camp in Lagos on Monday.
No job is in sight. Anyone who could possibly help is asking for bribe. Even my senator is asking #350k for slot.

My question is, how does an ordinary man like me, make it in this country?
Last last man is frustrated!
Re: Frustration Of Everything by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hi.... Connections and bribery is now a norm when seeking most job opportunities in this country. It's painful. I understand how frustrating the situation is and how frustrated you are. Pray hard that's my advice to you. Wish you the best!
Re: Frustration Of Everything by zumazeks: 9:04am On Sep 15, 2020
FinianIb:
Hi.... Connections and bribery is now a norm when seeking most job opportunities in this country. It's painful. I understand how frustrating the situation is and how frustrated you are. Pray hard that's my advice to you. Wish you the best!
It's all frustrating really! Getting rejected time after time just because you don't know someone powerful in the scheme of things or can't pay your way into the system. cry
Thanks for the advice and word of encouragement bro.

(1) (Reply)

new / I Think It's Time To Open An Offshore Account. Here Is Why / Are You Wrongly Looking It Up In The Dark??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.