Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,751 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? (3562 Views)

Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? / I'm Worried About My Son's Behaviour. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by culf: 12:19am On Sep 08, 2020
its normal but it can be changed if you want.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 08, 2020
It is normal. If that's your personality, then don't force yourself to be otherwise. However, make sure you know how to ask for help when you need one.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 08, 2020
Richy4:

I'm trying to guess your age because of that reply... smiley let me make it abit simple...there's something called behind the camera...that's where you think you belong, I get it...Joining a social club, village meeting or an organisation does not automatically make one an active member... You can attend a function without attracting attention...you can always blend with the furniture.. join, it's for your own good..A psychiatrist will advise the same thing I'm telling u now...too much of being alone can result to clinical depression... I believe u knew that something was odd, that was why u opened the thread.. have a good night rest too dear OP smiley..
hmmm...
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 08, 2020
AnonymousRebec:
It is normal. If that's your personality, then don't force yourself to be otherwise. However, make sure you know how to ask for help when you need one.
I don't know how to beg someone for something, never done that; don't know if I will ever try that.

I rather sit in a corner, plug my headphone and listen to music thereby forgetting my pains (music is my therapy).

Not to worry. I know how to help myself out whenever I am down.

1 Like

Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 08, 2020
culf:
I don't think I wanna change it.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 08, 2020
Ab0bi:
I love my solitude and I don't define myself with outwardly materialistic desires and objects.

I spend most of my time alone, I have less friends ( I ain't anti-social neither am I recluse), I am the kind of person who prefers not to be noticed and is quiet.

I can't count the amount of times I have had conversations with my head cheesy I can be my own best friend or my own worst enemy.

I love listening to musics (NF) and I dislike superficial interactions with people.

I am very emotionally independent but feel burdened by the emotional baggage of others. Which is, I can take care of my pains myself but I care about how others feel.

I love myself, especially my personality, although people tend to think I am a weirdo. But I don't give a fvck, in fact, I don't like explaining myself to them! Because, they won't understand me.

without material thing your are wothless no go decieve yourself
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 08, 2020
frank800:

without material thing your are wothless no go decieve yourself
Next time, read to understand.

Thank you.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Slimtuns(m): 5:23am On Sep 08, 2020
Ab0bi:
I can't remember believing in anything.

Lol. At least you believe in God smiley
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Slimtuns(m): 5:27am On Sep 08, 2020
Ab0bi:
I swear to God, this is the perfect definition of ME shocked and I am March 20 shocked

wow!!

Really I used to think zodiac signs were trash, not until I started learning about them. You should explore your sign btw, you might find out other interesting things that will make you fall in love with your own personality the more cheesy
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 08, 2020
Slimtuns:

Lol. At least you believe in God smiley
Believe undecided I lost faith a long time ago.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 08, 2020
Slimtuns:

Really I used to think zodiac signs were trash, not until I started learning about them. You should explore your sign btw, you might find out other interesting things that will make you fall in love with your own personality the more cheesy
True.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Slimtuns(m): 5:28am On Sep 08, 2020
Ab0bi:
Believe undecided I lost faith a long time ago.

What could be the reason if I may ask?
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 08, 2020
Slimtuns:

What could be the reason if I may ask?
I prayed but it seems no body is listening.

My fav musician once said "If you got questions or you need advice, then talk to God 'cause He's the only one that listens even when you think he isn't"
I tried my best but......
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Slimtuns(m): 7:22am On Sep 08, 2020
Ab0bi:
I prayed but it seems no body is listening.

My fav musician once said "If you got questions or you need advice, then talk to God 'cause He's the only one that listens even when you think he isn't"
I tried my best but......

Hmm. You prayed and prayed and prayed and you just assumed no one was listening because it didn't yield a fast result like you thought? Cmon bro! Those homeless people, don't they pray? Those on the sickbed for a long time, don't they pray? Those in the prison for a crime they knew nothing of, didn't they pray not to get into trouble? Those buried beneath the earth surface, didn't they pray to live longer?

God listens and answers bro, everyone's got his/her own timing. Overtime I've learnt what works well with prayer aside hardwork, is patience. I'm not saying all this cos I have all I've prayed and wished for, I'm saying this cuz I believe. Please drop this thinking, it's not worth it. It makes one become reckless and lose focus on the reason why we came into this world! Atheism is like a leech, it does nothing but to destroy the soul. I pray God touches your heart and guide you to the right path smiley

7 Likes

Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 08, 2020
Slimtuns:

Hmm. You prayed and prayed and prayed and you just assumed no one was listening because it didn't yield a fast result like you thought? Cmon bro! Those homeless people, don't they pray? Those on the sickbed for a long time, don't they pray? Those in the prison for a crime they know nothing of, didn't they pray not to get into trouble? Those buried beneath the earth surface, didn't they pray to live longer?

God listens and answers bro, everyone's got his/her own timing. Overtime I've learnt what works well with prayer is patience. I'm not saying all this cos I have all I've prayed and wished for, I'm saying this cuz I believe. Please drop this thinking, it's not worth it. It makes one become reckless and lose focus on the reason why we came into this world! Atheism is like leech, it does nothing but to destroy the soul. I pray God touches your heart and guide you to the right path smiley
Your words resonate with me. Thanks bruv!

1 Like

Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Emu4u2c: 7:45am On Sep 08, 2020
BigSarah:
You don’t want to share your personal space that’s absolutely normal...the problem is when you become inactive and unproductive under the guise of seclusion or being introverted..
Honestly it comes to that for me.
That's the problem with being introvert.
You feel fatigued most times and it gets to a point you feel less motivated and that results to unproductivity
You are not far from the truth

1 Like

Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Emu4u2c: 8:02am On Sep 08, 2020
Ab0bi:
I don't know how to beg someone for something, never done that; don't know if I will ever try that.

I rather sit in a corner, plug my headphone and listen to music thereby forgetting my pains (music is my therapy).

Not to worry. I know how to help myself out whenever I am down.
I think I can guess your age bracket with this reply
I'm introvert too but I assure you no man is an Island.
There are problems bigger than that your music and headset you plug on.
I'm currently trying to switch personalities to ambivent reason is my introverted nature is killing my social interaction with people.
My communication skills are dwindling.
My physical looks can attract a girl but I can't Go past hello you are beautiful
The words are intact in my head but I can not communicate them out precisely

4 Likes

Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Emu4u2c: 8:03am On Sep 08, 2020
culf:
please how do one go about changing being introvert
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Slimtuns(m): 8:07am On Sep 08, 2020
Ab0bi:
Your words resonate with me. Thanks bruv!

It's well bro, even tho life ain't fair, we shouldn't compound things by being hard on ourselves. May we find the peace and happiness we seek cool

2 Likes

Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 08, 2020
Emu4u2c:

I think I can guess your age bracket with this reply
I'm introvert too but I assure you no man is an Island.
There are problems bigger than that your music and headset you plug on.
I'm currently trying to switch personalities to ambivent reason is my introverted nature is killing my social interaction with people.
My communication skills are dwindling.
My physical looks can attract a girl but I can't Go past hello you are beautiful
The words are intact in my head but I can not communicate them out precisely
True words bruv.

Late last year a gal was mad over heels for me, she told my friends and they inturn told me. She is beautiful, intelligent and hardworking but my shyness couldn't do the do.
Can you believe that on fb we chat and talk abuh stuffs but offline I couldn't man up to talk to her, she told me online that she don't like my offline behaviour, that I normally snub her offline and I behave like she doesn't exist.
I learnt a lot sha. And it made me.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2020
Its not normal cos even God said it is not good for a man to be alone. So, snap out of it.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 08, 2020
Brachaa:
Its not normal cos even God said it is not good for a man to be alone. So, snap out of it.
Don't bring religion into this please!
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Emu4u2c: 9:41am On Sep 08, 2020
Brachaa:
so would you leave your parents house and come over to my house so we can live as one ? wink
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Emu4u2c: 9:44am On Sep 08, 2020
Ab0bi:
True words bruv.

Late last year a gal was mad over heels for me, she told my friends and they inturn told me. She is beautiful, intelligent and hardworking but my shyness couldn't do the do.
Can you believe that on fb we chat and talk abuh stuffs but offline I couldn't man up to talk to her, she told me online that she don't like my offline behaviour, that I normally snub her offline and I behave like she doesn't exist.
I learnt a lot sha. And it made me.
well try to talk to at least 10 girls in a day.
8 out of the 10girlswill snub you or outrightly walk out on you.. but that will improve your dating skills and with time you will see 8 of the 10 will warm up to you
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 08, 2020
Ab0bi:
Don't bring relhgion into this please!

The spiritual controls the physical, so it can not be left out!

Modified.

Oh.. I just realized you are the OP.
Suit yourself then.

I'm out!
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 08, 2020
Emu4u2c:
well try to talk to at least 10 girls in a day.
8 out of the 10girlswill snub you or outrightly walk out on you.. but that will improve your dating skills and with time you will see 8 of the 10 will warm up to you
Thanks.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 08, 2020
Brachaa:

The spiritual controls the physical, so it can not be left out!
Modified.
Oh.. I just realized you are the OP. Suit yourself then.
I'm out!
I agree to disagree.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Bluealamajiri: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2020
Too much of Alabi is not good.
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2020
Bluealamajiri:
Too much of Alabi is not good.
undecided
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by 0neal(m): 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ab0bi:
I love my solitude and I don't define myself with outwardly materialistic desires and objects

I love listening to music (NF) and I dislike superficial interactions with people.

you should be a fan of Frank Ocean cheesy
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2020
0neal:

you should be a fan of Frank Ocean cheesy
I checked him out some minutes ago, i must confess he fits my type of music. But, i rate "NF" high wink
Re: I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? by culf: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2020
Emu4u2c:
please how do one go about changing being introvert

join social clubs like Rotaract and be active. Make good friends that are sociable. Before you know it, things will begin to change gradually.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Married Couples And The About To Be / My Husband Hates To Bathe And Doesn't Flush The Toilet After Use.woman Cries Out / Nigerians In Calgary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.