Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

The Songs We Listened To Growing Up Shaped Our Lives. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Songs We Listened To Growing Up Shaped Our Lives. (265 Views)

Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To / Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Songs We Listened To Growing Up Shaped Our Lives. by TruthHurts100: 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2020
Whatever you expose children to for the first seven years of their lives moulds them forever.
There is a very tiny chance that such children can change.

So, what environment and atmosphere are you raising your children?

Eko dara pupo eko lolaye t'awa yi se

Bata mi a dun ko ko ka,

T'obinrin ba dara ti'oniwa, to ba gba 5kobo mi o le fe

These are the kinds of songs we grew up listening, so you won't see us dressing without wearing belt and sagging our pants.
You won't see us drawing tattoos and having multiple babymamas.
You can't see us tinting our hairs or smoking Igbo.

So, tell me, how can you listen to Naira Marley and have sense?
It's appalling to see some respected people in our society calling themselves marlians.

The future of this generation and the next is dead already.

Truth does hurts.

If I've not made any sense, please attack me.

2 Likes

Re: The Songs We Listened To Growing Up Shaped Our Lives. by Queenlovely(f): 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2020
it's true my brother

1 Like

Re: The Songs We Listened To Growing Up Shaped Our Lives. by Golan007: 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2020
Nothing wrong with Oriental Brothers or even Oliver de Coque which I'm sure Evans listened to but we know how that ended.

What of Shekau?

I dont think he must have been listening to rough riders anthem - a good song by the way.

I do agree what you ingest plays a role in your outlook but a lot depends on how you process it.
Re: The Songs We Listened To Growing Up Shaped Our Lives. by ccffwx: 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
True. Like Nigeria, My Beloved Country

1 Like

Re: The Songs We Listened To Growing Up Shaped Our Lives. by TruthHurts100: 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
Golan007:
Nothing wrong with Oriental Brothers or even Oliver de Coque which I'm sure Evans listened to but we know how that ended.

What of Shekau?

I dont think he must have been listening to rough riders anthem - a good song by the way.

I do agree what you ingest plays a role in your outlook but a lot depends on how you process it.

All I wrote was in English language.

(1) (Reply)

The Thin Between Two Place: Stay Strong, Don't Quit / Abeg Nairalanders!!! Help Me Push This / How To Get Pregnant Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.