Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report (38239 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia / Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng / Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2020
sesan85:

Ibadan alone is more known and more relevant than any of your South East states though. Many of your prominent intellectuals schooled there, lol. Source for your utterly spurious, codeine-influenced, chest-beating, paranoid IPOB claim that "Less than 20% of Ibadan is developed" and "Mbaise my village in Imo have more house per square meter than full Ibadan"? I'm waiting.
A school built by outsider is what u are bragging about ....shame ... everything na chest beating for una

I schooled in nsukka doesn't mean it's better than. Owerri

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by hammer3: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2020
SORRY GUYS, I POSTED ON A WRONG THREAD.
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, you see tell that to those who have not been to those places.
POC, GRAs doesn't have brown roofs because of cost of lands. (How will you buy land 700k per plot and use those zinc roof?)

In port Harcourt, your assertion is wrong.
rather you should say, people are building morden houses in New settlements.(which happens everywhere).

Don't even talk about Uyo
Oga if u have money would u leave your brown roof like that ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by majamajic(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Those that buys it, buy It how much?

It depends on state , it's not cheap anyway

But what am telling u is we don't normally buy , we inherit mostly

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Bkayyy: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2020
lucasalves:

Get your facts right, Ibadan is not the only city in Oyo state. There is Oyo town itself, Oke Ogun area, shaki etc. Pls if you don't know, do a little visiting not research on internet as most of the information on internet about Nigeria are written by those who don't even live in the country. Are there slums in Ibadan? yes but that is the price of being a huge city in landmass, there is a reason why the city is in the Top 10 and it's because of its continued progress.
grin this is the first time people here are hearing about these okes (rats) that you are listing.
LOL! Which one be oke ogun( oguns rat) and shaki (as in shaki meat)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by sesan85(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2020
Goziesolar:
all those places you mentioned Igbo's are still in the majority
Igbos are the majority Nigerian immigrants in Ivory Coast and Togo? Utterly ignorant, paranoid numbskull.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by lucasalves: 9:59am On Sep 09, 2020
Arrewa:
kano is more developed than the entire South East put together... South east is currently the most backward region in Nigeria...

ok ooo I don't know but that one na for you and the good Igbo boys to drag.... but never you even try to suggest you are developed than every state in the south.
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Cashsteady(m): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2020
This list is trash won't be surprised if it was made by an igbo person.. have been to onitsha and I will tell u te truth there Is nothing there.. onistha is ravaged with bad roads, not properly planned and dirty. Urbanization is not all about building high rise buildings.. pH, ibadan and Abuja is far more better and urbanized than onitsha we all know this igbos no need chest beating on this..

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Jonathan39: 9:59am On Sep 09, 2020
Afonja skull miners who don't allow their people to rest in peace grin
sesan85:

Lol, coming from an Osu parasite whose people sell their babies for fun and have thousands of baby factories in their homeland? Very funny and ironic

7 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Guyman02: 9:59am On Sep 09, 2020
Skyfornia:
Sorry to deviate..

Am I the only one or is there someone else who has noticed that recently, any issue affecting the whole of nigeria, like bad policies from the government, increased in VAT, electricity bill or fuel pump price increase..the Igbos hardly join in protest. When I said Igbos I mean the 5 South eastern states.

Is this to show that despite majority of Igbos being against this government, yet those that supported the government(especially north and south west) are the ones being hit by the famine? Cause there has been series of protests in Abuja, Lagos and some other northern and south western states, yet the 5 eastern states are quiet about it and going about their normal businesses.

Two things are involved,
1. It is either the Igbos don't see the challenges as a burden. Or

2. Igbos truly don't care about Nigeria and only interested in Biafra.. meaning whatever is happening in Nigeria is none of their business.
The reality is that Igbos didn't believe in Buhari to deliver and they made it known to everyone, they have been punished for it by much federal presence except the historical second Niger Bridge. Those who believed in Buhari as the saviour are they ones lamenting now

6 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by lucasalves: 9:59am On Sep 09, 2020
sesan85:
Igbos are the majority Nigerian immigrants in Ivory Coast and Togo? Utterly ignorant, paranoid numbskull.

Developers Dem...
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Arrewa: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2020
lucasalves:

ok ooo I don't know but that one na for you and the good Igbo boys to drag.... but never you even try to suggest you are developed than every state in the south.
you mean south south grin
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by hammer3: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2020
I HAVE LONG TOLD OUR YORUBA BROTHERS THAT THE REAL CAPITAL CITY OF NIGERIA IS ONITSHA.

LAGOS AND ABUJA IS ARTIFICIAL CREATION MADE POSSIBLE BY NIGERDELTA OIL AND GAS.

ONITSHA IS A NATURAL COMMERCIAL CITY THAT HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE EVEN BEFORE THE BRITISH ARRIVED.

IT IS THE CENTER FOR TRADE AND COMMERCE IN NIGERIA, NATURALLY.

GO TO ONITSHA, U WILL FIND FULANI, HAUSA, YORUBA AND ALL THE TRIBES IN NIGERIA.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2020
a
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Bkayyy: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2020
Cashsteady:
This list is trash won't be surprised if it was made by an igbo person.. have been to onitsha and I will tell u te truth there Is nothing there.. onistha is ravaged with bad roads, not properly planned and dirty. Urbanization is not all about building high rise buildings.. pH, ibadan and Abuja is far more better and urbanized than onitsha we all know this igbos no need chest beating on this..
Are you sure it was not oké ogun ( oguns rat) that you visited

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by sesan85(m): 10:01am On Sep 09, 2020
Igbochief001:

A school built by outsider is what u are bragging about ....shame ... everything na chest beating for una

I schooled in nsukka doesn't mean it's better than. Owerri

What school built by "outsider"? Osu slowpoke, it's a fact that plenty of your Osu best brains (including Achebe) schooled at Ibadan, end of. Don't compare any of your landlocked states to Ibadan alone in prestige and historical relevance.
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Jonathan39: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2020
I repeat. We don't take orders from any man not to talk of an afonja. We can stay anywhere we want in Nigeria. You will only cry but do nothing
sesan85:

Why do you want to stay everywhere you want in Nigeria? Why do you people so much love running out of your Osu hellhole this much? Onitsha is now paradise, go back home, Osu boy.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by lucasalves: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2020
Cashsteady:

The list was even more focused on population concentration in cities, how people here turn it to a development and infrastructure issue is surprising
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by lucasalves: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2020
Arrewa:
you mean south south grin
Why are you trying to avoid mentioning South West? Scared?
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Anambra1stS0n: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2020
lucasalves:

Get your facts right, Ibadan is not the only city in Oyo state. There is Oyo town itself, Oke Ogun area, shaki etc. Pls if you don't know, do a little visiting not research on internet as most of the information on internet about Nigeria are written by those who don't even live in the country. Are there slums in Ibadan? yes but that is the price of being a huge city in landmass, there is a reason why the city is in the Top 10 and it's because of its continued progress.
Ibadan is the only city in Oyo state other areas are jungle, Ibadan is 92% covered by slums -Un habitat

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by hammer3: 10:03am On Sep 09, 2020
post=93735376:

Ibadan is the only city in Oyo state other areas are jungle, Ibadan is 92% covered by slums -Un habitat

GBAM!

WEN PEOPLE ARE TRAVELING AND THEY REACH ONITSHA, THEY THINK IT IS LAGOS.

U HEAR THEM SAYING, WE PASSED A PLACE THAT LOOKS LIKE LAGOS.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by sesan85(m): 10:04am On Sep 09, 2020
Jonathan39:
I repeat. We don't take orders from any man not to talk of an afonja. We can stay anywhere we want in Nigeria. You will only cry but do nothing

But why do you want to stay anywhere like homeless refugees from wartorn countries? Do you like the way your fellow Osu people are being treated like unwanted parasites in South Africa, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia etc? Don't you think it's to go back home now that Onitsha is a "paradise"?
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by lucasalves: 10:05am On Sep 09, 2020
Bkayyy:

grin this is the first time people here are hearing about these okes (rats) that you are listing.
LOL! Which one be oke ogun( oguns rat) and shaki (as in shaki meat)

Ok, my apologies I just assumed grown ups are having a conversation here.. so my response to you will go no further than this because you have shown yourself to be intellectually inferior and I'm not about to get in the mud with you. Peace

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by sesan85(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2020
Jonathan39:
Afonja skull miners who don't allow their people to rest in peace grin

Again, this is ironic coming from an Osu ignoramus whose people still eat human beings (Ngwa people) and sell their children for just 150,000 naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Obamaofusa: 10:06am On Sep 09, 2020
Area4Area:
Kip kwayet and make research before spewing your nonsense.
Your silly landmass thing has been dealt with before, for the education of everyone, the landmass used for Onitsha is that for old Onitsha and leaving the newer and more populated areas out, just like limiting the landmass and population for Lagos to Lagos Island, Ikoyi and the Iddo areas, not even V.I and Lekki is included.
Mushin, Ikeja, Agege etc are not even remembered.
That for your Ibadan is for Ibadanland and not the built up Ibadan. So if we are to go with your nonsense from Wikipedia then Ibadan is as big as Lagos state, do I need to tell you it's false?

You are so dumb.

The landmass measurements for both Ibadan and Onitsha were done by Google.They did not favour either Onitsha over Ibadan or Ibadan over Onitsha.
Onitsha is too much a toddler compared to Ibadan.

Everybody knows that Ibadan is more developed than the entire Igboland.

Ibadan is too much and exponentially developed than Onitsha which is the developed area of Igboland.

Ibadan has more than 9 GRAs.It is the only city in Nigeria with the highest number of GRAs.

Ibadan has two Olympic size and standard stadia and many other stadia.

Ibadan has more than 12 higher institutions.

Ibadan has 5 mega malls and many other big malls scattered all over its 3,080 sq km (it is far bigger than this of course) landmass.

Ibadan has skyscrapers even more than any other state except Lagos,Abuja and maybe Portharcourt.

Ibadan has more estates than any state in the SE.

Ibadan has better road network than the whole Igboland.

Ibadan has numerous research centers than the entire SEastern states.

Pls,where does little toddler Onitsha come close to Ibadan in development in all of these?

Or are you a comedian?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by FemiMaduka(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2020
Sammy07:

How can Onitsha be 40 - 55% of Ibadan when ibadan is much more bigger than Anambra?

or have you forgotten SE in general is a bit bigger than Oyo state as a whole

How can Ibadan, which is now way smaller than Lagos metropolis, be bigger than Anambra state which is bigger than Lagos state? Does it make any sense to you?

Don't you know the difference between Ibadan as a city and Oyo state which has Ogbomosho, Oyo-ile, Iseyin, Shaki and co.?

You've been all over this thread and it's clear you don't even know much about this topic. You can see why I have always said that majority of Nigerians are loud even on topics they know little about.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by loommoney: 10:06am On Sep 09, 2020
Skyfornia:
Sorry to deviate..

Am I the only one or is there someone else who has noticed that recently, any issue affecting the whole of nigeria, like bad policies from the government, increased in VAT, electricity bill or fuel pump price increase..the Igbos hardly join in protest. When I said Igbos I mean the 5 South eastern states.

Is this to show that despite majority of Igbos being against this government, yet those that supported the government(especially north and south west) are the ones being hit by the famine? Cause there has been series of protests in Abuja, Lagos and some other northern and south western states, yet the 5 eastern states are quiet about it and going about their normal businesses.

Two things are involved,
1. It is either the Igbos don't see the challenges as a burden. Or

2. Igbos truly don't care about Nigeria and only interested in Biafra.. meaning whatever is happening in Nigeria is none of their business.

Don't you know that any protest in south east is tagged ip0d protest? Then they will send military to kill them. You try
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 09, 2020
sesan85:

What school built by "outsider"? Osu slowpoke, it's a fact that plenty of your Osu best brains (including Achebe) schooled at Ibadan, end of. Don't compare any of your landlocked states to Ibadan alone in prestige and historical relevance.
Is it Yoruba man that was used to build University of London ibadan ? Answer na ? ...keep lying to yourself when Nigeria break the true stats go come out

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by lucasalves: 10:08am On Sep 09, 2020
post=93735376:

Unhabitat? is this the kind of things they teach in Anambra school?? Trust me I've been to Enugu, tell me any other town in that state that is a city? You should know I have pictures from my service year..

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Mcfi(m): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2020
ccffwx:
Lagos is made up of all the tribes' in Nigeria collective effort but Onitsha is based on only the effort of Igbos. Think about that.

And you think igbos are the only tribe trading in Onitsha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Wells Carlton Hotel And Luxury Apartments Launching In Abuja: Osinbajo, Davido.. / Bridge Barrier Falls On Vehicle In Kaduna. 6 Passengers Killed (Graphic Pics) / If You Haven't Entered Plane At 40, Life Has Passed You - Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.