Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,907 members, 7,821,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report (38280 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia / Flood Prone Areas In Lagos By Cotenant.ng / Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Obamaofusa: 10:36am On Sep 09, 2020
post=93736281:

Ignorant mind kindly study these satellite map to understand better urbanization doesn’t end in Onitsha town other towns that makeup Onitsha metropolis are far bigger than Onitsha main town

Stop the comedy sir.Google that gave Ibadan 3,080 sq km and also gave Onitsha 52 sq km did not know whether it is Igboland or Yorubaland.

Ibadan might actually be bigger just like Onitsha might actually be bigger also.

All in all,Onitsha is a toddler when compared to Ibadan.

Pls,does Onitsha have a university?

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Chukapage(m): 10:38am On Sep 09, 2020
oaugraduate1234:
I served in Igboland and I'm telling you these facts:

1. There are no good jobs there, and the cost of living is very high, even in the villages.

2. In Owerri, the only thing boosting the economy there is the presence of uncountable hotels.

3. Igbos do not trust each other, that's why I laugh at them when they say they want Biafra.

4. Igbos don't just like money , they worship money as a God.

5. It's only in Lagos, here they brag. There is nothing in their states.

6. The development and progress there is engineered as a result of borders shared with South South states.

7. And mind you, the empty vessel makes the loudest noise, and you can see they are the ones clamouring for Biafra, whereas South South is silent and focusing on states development.
The same Old Ewedurian wailings and Propaganda grin . Try and be creative Abeg.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Obamaofusa: 10:39am On Sep 09, 2020
Bkayyy:

Yoruba buy land in group for igboland? Joke of the centurygrin.
Please tell me the house number let me check the registry immediately. Houses in ugah street have numbers my dear

Maybe you are even living in Lagos and from Nsukka.Go to Ugah street to clear your ignorance.
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Chukapage(m): 10:43am On Sep 09, 2020
Arrewa:
I agree with Lagos being more ubarnized but I disagree with onitsha being more ubarnized than ibadan, kano and Kaduna

In terms of ubarnized area no state in the south east is close to Kaduna

Kaduna is not only more urbanized... Kaduna is more develope
Lol grin see Aboki oooo,. Igbo and Yoruba Are Dragging Success and Competing aboki sef wan put mouth grin...When we need Ruga ,Water bill,Or Execution of men for gay Muhammad ,or Terrorism we'll call you Arewa but for now Abeg Shift make better people argue.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by dlaw70(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2020
horsepower102:
Top ten Urbanized cities in Nigeria 2020 ranking

1 Lagos
2 Onitsha
3 Kano
4 Ibadan
5 Abuja
6 Portharcourt
7 Benin city
8 Kaduna
9 Enugu
10 Illorin
Have u heard of calabar b4 ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Bkayyy: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Maybe you are even living in Lagos and from Nsukka.Go to Ugah street to clear your ignorance.
Me "live" in Lagos of all places. I dey craze? Just tell me the numbers jare make I check whether them dey pay tax

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Onlinesmart: 10:46am On Sep 09, 2020
Igbochief001:

Ibadan city is different from ibadan ogs

Less than 20% of ibadan is developed ....
Mbaise my village in imo have more house per square meter than the full ibadan
Ìbàdàn city has 12 LGAs that made it up. You think chestbeaters like you tagged it the largest city in West Africa including Accra, Abidjan, Freetown etc? Those brown roofs in Ìbàdàn doesn't pass the totality of just 1 LGA leaving other 11 LGAs to urban areas. Idiot comparing Ìbàdàn with one useless erosion ravaged village with buildings whose owners live and earn their living in the same Ìbàdàn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Samfloxin(m): 10:47am On Sep 09, 2020
Obamaofusa:
Indonesia city even more urbanized than New York?
It is not most urbanized but built up.
Onitsha is a tiny city established by the Binis that is not expanding as it should.It is a very old city which had failed to grow and gain more land like Ibadan.
Onitsha is only 52 square km while Ibadan is 3,080 square km.Onitsha is just about 5 GRAs in Ibadan.We have seen this demographia thing before sha.
Ibadan is big for nothing and mind you,towns like Nkpor,Obosi,Oba, that share boundaries with Onitsha are now closely knitted to Onitsha and by extension, part of the city. Igbos developed Onitsha not Binis. Onitsha people claimed they migrated from Benin but 90% of development in Onitsha were not done by indigenous Onitsha people.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by ZZ22: 10:47am On Sep 09, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Oga, igbos brag a lot. And that's the issue most Nigerians have with una. We are this, we are that all the time. Throwing unrealistic, hilarious stats all around the internet. Imagine someone saying arochuckwu that doesn't even exist on the Nigerian map is more developed than Lagos. What does that says? Or the nonsense rhetorics that Lagos was developed by igbos. Isn't that crazy? Okay, onitsha is now Dubai. You people should return home, abi?

The truth is the war has really weakened the average Igbo man's self esteem, and they constantly find themselves going to extra length to seek validation from other Nigerians. Arguably the best person I met in my entire life was igbo, so it hits me hard seeing the sort of nuisance many igbos constitute online just to prove needless rhetorics.
The Benevento guy that compared Arochukwu to Lagos is a Yoruba guy. Too bad your brain is clogged with nonsense to say about Igbos that you didn't notice his sarcasm or shadowiness.
When you rub it on Igbos that they can never be president its not bragging but seeing IGBO AMAKA make you lots cry out loud. AND hey spare us that my best friend is Igbo, my wife is Igbo, my helper is Igbo but I don't like Igbos I see online. That line is old try something new

7 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Unified07: 10:47am On Sep 09, 2020
Arrewa:
I agree with Lagos being more ubarnized but I disagree with onitsha being more ubarnized than ibadan, kano and Kaduna

Stop snapping only one street in Kaduna for us

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Obamaofusa: 10:47am On Sep 09, 2020
Uchasa:

Point of correction,Onistha was established by Eze China and few Igalas not Binis.

Are you more educated than Zik?
Onitsha was founded by the Benin Empire.
It was populated by the Binis and their Igbo captors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by oaugraduate1234(m): 10:49am On Sep 09, 2020
Chukapage:
The same Old Ewedurian wailings and Propaganda grin . Try and be creative Abeg.

That's just the truth about you people
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Chukapage(m): 10:52am On Sep 09, 2020
oaugraduate1234:

That's just the truth about you people
Ewedurian be creative nah grin This your Lagos Ibadan Junky propaganda was bursted a long time ago ,Try something new Abeg. Do you want to kill us with boredom?? Try new stuffs Jare.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by mabea: 10:56am On Sep 09, 2020
Benevento:
Cape Town not in top 10 African cities.

Trash
I concur
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Bkayyy: 10:56am On Sep 09, 2020
Obamaofusa:

"Onitsha founded by the Bini empire and the people of Onitsha lived with their Igbo captors?" and yet no war was recorded. lol grin a Yoruba man from oke Ogun thinks he can tell Igbo history.
I admire your "high" self esteem

11 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 09, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Ìbàdàn city has 12 LGAs that made it up. You think chestbeaters like you tagged it the largest city in West Africa including Accra, Abidjan, Freetown etc? Those brown roofs in Ìbàdàn doesn't pass the totality of just 1 LGA leaving other 11 LGAs to urban areas. Idiot comparing Ìbàdàn with one useless erosion ravaged village with buildings whose owners live and earn their living in the same Ìbàdàn.
No need for propaganda we have Google Earth today sir ....ibadan I can get a plot of land for 50k .... LMAO

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by icankel: 10:58am On Sep 09, 2020
Sammy07:

remove ilorin and replace it with Asaba or Akure.

remove Benin and replace it with Akwaibom, Asaba or Akure
Akwaibom is a State not a city

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Bkayyy: 10:59am On Sep 09, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Guy if you channel this zeal and energy you use to revise Igbo history to your own yoruba history, you will surely discover where Oduduwa fell from

13 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Samfloxin(m): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2020
Cashsteady:
This list is trash won't be surprised if it was made by an igbo person.. have been to onitsha and I will tell u te truth there Is nothing there.. onistha is ravaged with bad roads, not properly planned and dirty. Urbanization is not all about building high rise buildings.. pH, ibadan and Abuja is far more better and urbanized than onitsha we all know this igbos no need chest beating on this..
That is if at all you know the yardstick and criteria for urbanization

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Misterdhee1(m): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2020
ZZ22:
The Benevento guy that compared Arochukwu to Lagos is a Yoruba guy. Too bad your brain is clogged with nonsense to say about Igbos that you didn't notice his sarcasm or shadowiness.
When you rub it on Igbos that they can never be president its not bragging but seeing IGBO AMAKA make you lots cry out loud. AND hey spare us that my best friend is Igbo, my wife is Igbo, my helper is Igbo but I don't like Igbos I see online. That line is old try something new
Whatever makes you happy bro. The fact is sacrosanct still.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by oluwazoba25: 11:18am On Sep 09, 2020
Skyfornia:
Sorry to deviate..

Am I the only one or is there someone else who has noticed that recently, any issue affecting the whole of nigeria, like bad policies from the government, increased in VAT, electricity bill or fuel pump price increase..the Igbos hardly join in protest. When I said Igbos I mean the 5 South eastern states.

Is this to show that despite majority of Igbos being against this government, yet those that supported the government(especially north and south west) are the ones being hit by the famine? Cause there has been series of protests in Abuja, Lagos and some other northern and south western states, yet the 5 eastern states are quiet about it and going about their normal businesses.

Two things are involved,
1. It is either the Igbos don't see the challenges as a burden. Or

2. Igbos truly don't care about Nigeria and only interested in Biafra.. meaning whatever is happening in Nigeria is none of their business.
who told you we are nigerians? angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by delawal: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2020
Arrewa:

u have not travelled wide. see even kaduna and,kano,re not half developed as onitsha. forget what u hear on d,news u need to see for urself. no northern state is as develoled as,onitsha. even abuja has a less develoled land mass than,onitsha. onitshas rate of expansion is even,swallowing d nearby rural areas. my village in anambra has more and beta buildings,dan yola which,is capital,of,old gongola,state

6 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Obamaofusa: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2020
Samfloxin:

Ibadan is big for nothing and mind you,towns like Nkpor,Obosi,Oba, that share boundaries with Onitsha are now closely knitted to Onitsha and by extension, part of the city. Igbos developed Onitsha not Binis. Onitsha people claimed they migrated from Benin but 90% of development in Onitsha were not done by indigenous Onitsha people.

It is Igboland that is small for nothing,sir.

Ibadan is more developed and has the biggest consumer markets than the entire Igboland.

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Anambra1stS0n: 11:23am On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
lucasalves:

Get your facts right, Ibadan is not the only city in Oyo state. There is Oyo town itself, Oke Ogun area, shaki etc. Pls if you don't know, do a little visiting not research on internet as most of the information on internet about Nigeria are written by those who don't even live in the country. Are there slums in Ibadan? yes but that is the price of being a huge city in landmass, there is a reason why the city is in the Top 10 and it's because of its continued progress.
[/s]
Ibadan is only city in Oyo state other areas are jungle

Anambra host more commercial banks, industries, hotels, markets than Oyo, Oyo state is five state below Anambra state in GDP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Solatium(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2020
Merimental:

as in ehh ? even d Lagos is propelled by efforts of Ndigbos

Southwest has had se development
Before Ojukwu father brought refugees into Lagos in 911 lorries,to come here and start beating your chest that you developed a region leaving your own home undeveloped is nothing but pure ignorance and stupidity.
Point me those development that you brought into any of the South western states other than distruption of already developed and marked spaces.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by victorazyvictor(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2020
Igbo amaka

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by lucasalves: 11:28am On Sep 09, 2020
post=93738221:
[s][/s]
Ibadan is only city in Oyo state other areas are jungle

Anambra host more commercial banks, industries, hotels, markets than Oyo, Oyo state is five state below Anambra state in GDP

So how does Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia, Imo perform compared to Ogun or Oyo?
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by NairaLuck: 11:32am On Sep 09, 2020
Skyfornia:
Sorry to deviate..

Am I the only one or is there someone else who has noticed that recently, any issue affecting the whole of nigeria, like bad policies from the government, increased in VAT, electricity bill or fuel pump price increase..the Igbos hardly join in protest. When I said Igbos I mean the 5 South eastern states.

Is this to show that despite majority of Igbos being against this government, yet those that supported the government(especially north and south west) are the ones being hit by the famine? Cause there has been series of protests in Abuja, Lagos and some other northern and south western states, yet the 5 eastern states are quiet about it and going about their normal businesses.

Two things are involved,
1. It is either the Igbos don't see the challenges as a burden. Or

2. Igbos truly don't care about Nigeria and only interested in Biafra.. meaning whatever is happening in Nigeria is none of their business.
Does it mean 'IGBO PRESIDENCY' = Restoration of biafra?
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Merimental(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2020
majamajic:

Every city here is either capital city, former capital or government made , onitsha is the only self made city in this list

"Self made" i like dat
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Anambra1stS0n: 11:36am On Sep 09, 2020
lucasalves:

So how does Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia, Imo perform compared to Ogun or Oyo?
We are discussing Anambra and Oyo, Anambra is also ahead of Ogun in economy and urbanization.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report by Crowdsource: 11:37am On Sep 09, 2020
What about Cape Town?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Photos Of Abeokuta The Industrial Capital Of The SW. / Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.