Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money (51415 Views)

Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander / I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji / How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Moneyboyz: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2020
This one is even long process, someone scammed me or 5k and I reported to the bank immediately, the 5th day he texted me begging to resolve issues they he account has been frozen, I didn't answer, the 6th day I got a reversal and didn't hear from the guy again till date.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Positiveme2020: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
MikeMicheal:
Hahaha! This sounds weird, but you have a point.

Imagine if it was false allegation, with photoshopped screenshots as proof, that is how they would have frozen the innocent guy account for nothing.

I am sure GTB and Firstbank wouldnt do such, until you bring police report and court order.
If he wasn't a scammer he should have protested it.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Positiveme2020: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2020
Nnoli Ebuka is the Account holder,therefore he is the scammer.
Nnoli Ebuka shame on you wherever you are.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by philme16: 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2020
lucky you...my own case I was asked to go to the recipients bank, they still redirected me to my bank.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Weezyclan(m): 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2020
Danybest:
The same thing happened to me too on the same whatsap TV and I sent messages immediately to my mumu first bank and nothing was done by the bank uptill now and I strongly believe that first bank is encouraging fraud in nigeria like seriously
First bank na scam, someone wiped 500K from my friend's account first bank no gree give detail of what happened

2 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Sike(m): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
This is encouraging
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Anonymous42(m): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
Nice one
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Edoziesmart(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2020
THURAFTERNOON:
nice one...this has gingered me to get a zenith bank account after procrastinating for over 3 months.
na me and them next week Monday by 5am

Same with me. My own procrastination is almost a year now. I Dumped my fcmb for their silly poor services.

But I will make sure I bank with zenith starting from Monday.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Ayomarcel(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2020
Dollarship:
bro bank suppose protect their customers no matter what even if you do fraud dem suppose cover you lol he get why

An apologist that support fraud. Ur community should protect ur privacy even tho u commit crime or ur work place or an institution? Cos u read it in the terms of the bank that fraudsters privacy are protected? Lol.. There is a line you don't cross.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by BEDEIKE(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2020
I was kidnapped last year November, and under gunpoint the sum of 500k was moved from my access to my FirstBank from where the kidnappers transferred to their GTB account, I wrote to FirstBank, visited their branch for several months, uptil today nothing was done.
FirstBank is a useless entity, I had to abandon my account with them.
Do I still have any hopes of recovering that money?

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Dentmoyin(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
Nkechi from abia i sent you 6k to come and visit me in calabar since on the 14th of july 2020, hope you know am using zenith bank... are you thinking what am thinking ??

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Rapture4real(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
lilachiever:

FirstBank encourages fraud, I can testify to that... I abandoned my account with them since 2018.

I switched to Zenith Bank after First Bank do me wayo and I've never regretted that decision for a single second.

Swift alert? Instant reversal? ZenithBank got it all...

ConfirmedFirst Bank is an epicentre of fraud.Many people have called me that they are from First Bank giving my bank details accurately.No one has ever done that thru my GT Bank.So technically abandoned First Bank and focusing on GT Bank
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by mahvellux(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
Danybest:
The same thing happened to me too on the same whatsap TV and I sent messages immediately to my mumu first bank and nothing was done by the bank uptill now and I strongly believe that first bank is encouraging fraud in nigeria like seriously
I swear first bank na scam on e own...I have closed my account with them and broken there atm card
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Itesiwajunaija: 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
I have four different account
2 Diamond Access
Eco Bank
Union Bank
And one small micro-finance
I never Swift response from all like Union
There atm never stock your cash
Reversal of incomplete transaction without complain
Easy loan
Friendly app
I can go on and on and on
A try will surely convince you

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Vecto(m): 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
Openbusiness:
Yss oh, i be Adamu from Toto local government area, Nassarawa State. Something must KILL teach a man. Me ah dunt know everything. Na today b the first time ever I go hear of WhatsApp TV grin.

Lol it's well bro grin
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by gboyetade: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2020
Try to be sure that he is not paying you from a victim's account before you clarify with your bank

THUNDAR:
Forget the topic am sure you got the idea.

There is this whatsapp TV that I have been following for a Long time and the guy always advertise MBA Investment Trading and How I can get 100% of my investment in 48hours, After various testimonies he kept displaying I decided to give it a try.

Firstly I messaged him for details and he told me all the bla bla bla of How it works. I was only interested in the part Where I will get my money doubled.

Fast forward to After I sent him the first 5k he said that one was for registration that now I should invest, at that point I began to suspect Fowl play but my 5k was already inside let me just see it through, so I added the 10k.

Next day he was complaining that it refuse to invest and that the platform for 10k investment was giving issues that if I have 5k I should add so that he can add up and invest 15k and I will get back 40k, I told him that was all I had.

The story is getting to Long. Long story short he kept giving one story or the other then it was clear to me that I have been scam. I was so ashamed that I did not tell anyone.

Then I mailed my bank about the matter and asked them if there is any resolution. They replied that I should take a screenshot of the conversation Which I did.

It's a month Plus now I have even forgotten about the issue when the Scammer messaged me pleading that he will refund me the 15k because he got a letter from his bank threatening to freeze is account if he does not resolve issues with me. I was finally able to get my money back. I have messaged my bank about the refund and I hope they relay the message on time to his bank.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by eemjay00(m): 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2020
It's here again!

Previous years was a success...
To get update about the latest procedure for 2020 admission and first hand authentic information about "YABATECH"
You will be guided on all programs running in Yabatech such as:
BSC (affiliate program with Nsukka)
HND
ND
Both full time, part time & DE program

Be Friendly and encourage togetherness

Feel free to ask any questions

⚠ Plz do not send broadcast message to the group

Kindly send YCT2020 to 08178659720 on WhatsApp to join the institution aspirant group for admission update.

Click link below
https:///33ooZpd

1 Like

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by ecode1(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2020
Had a bad experience when my phone was stolen and my money transfered fraudulently from my first bank account to the fraudster fcmb bank account. I made a complain and first bank did nothing. A whole 80k gone. I will definitely close my account with first bank and bank with Zenith. Funny enough someone from Zenith have been begging to open account with them since 2years ago. I think is about time to do that.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by monalicious(f): 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
Danybest:
First bank wld never make any effort. They wld tell you the transfer was not made under duress, dat u gave your full consent by sending it yourself. Very useless people
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by olympio(m): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2020
Waoo. Many thanks for sharing this. We have serval of them on WhatsApp Tv. I also fell for one. I just sent AccessBank am email with this your format. Hope they look into.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by ibinaboonline: 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2020
Chai. I love Zenith bank for doing this. First Bank won't even bother.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Sunnybabe(m): 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2020
kudos to Zenith Bank, that's how I was scammed huge money also, am still on it now, my bank never reply my message since some days ago, na wa ooo FIRST BANK dey do me bad ooo chaiiiiii
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by DonroxyII: 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2020
You see someone uses Big a.ss as DP and you still put money .... I blame you abeg !
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Abraham22(m): 9:25pm On Sep 10, 2020
Thats how a bank should be
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by staggerman(m): 9:35pm On Sep 10, 2020
THUNDAR:
More

Nice move by your bank.
You are lucky you don't bank with Gtbank. They will never move a muscle to save you.

Time to switch to Zenith bank
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Jascon4: 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2020
Itesiwajunaija:
I have four different account
2 Diamond Access
Eco Bank
Union Bank
And one small micro-finance
I never Swift response from all like Union
There atm never stock your cash
Reversal of incomplete transaction without complain
Easy loan
Friendly app
I can go on and on and on
A try will surely convince you

I thought I was the only one
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Wealthscheme: 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2020
I was also scammed by a WhatsApp TV guy two days ago, I think I will also do this to the guy
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by mimicherry: 1:16am On Sep 11, 2020
OmoOduduwa01:

Have you heard of gbwhatsapp??
what about it abeg?
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by eROCK247(m): 2:10am On Sep 11, 2020
Danybest:

Me too. First bank does not take cases of fraud seriously.
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Kooldon(f): 6:10am On Sep 11, 2020
When a scammer said "this one weak me o" He is a learner and God No Go Shame Us
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by Axel1: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2020
THUNDAR:

There is this whatsapp TV that I have been following for a Long time and the guy always advertise MBA Investment Trading and How I can get 100% of my investment in 48hours, After various testimonies he kept displaying I decided to give it a try.

Firstly I messaged him for details and he told me all the bla bla bla of How it works. I was only interested in the part Where I will get my money doubled.

Fast forward to After I sent him the first 5k he said that one was for registration that now I should invest, at that point I began to suspect Fowl play but my 5k was already inside let me just see it through, so I added the 10k.

Next day he was complaining that it refuse to invest and that the platform for 10k investment was giving issues that if I have 5k I should add so that he can add up and invest 15k and I will get back 40k, I told him that was all I had.

The story is getting to Long. Long story short he kept giving one story or the other then it was clear to me that I have been scam. I was so ashamed that I did not tell anyone.

Then I mailed my bank about the matter and asked them if there is any resolution. They replied that I should take a screenshot of the conversation Which I did.

It's a month Plus now I have even forgotten about the issue when the Scammer messaged me pleading that he will refund me the 15k because he got a letter from his bank threatening to freeze is account if he does not resolve issues with me. I was finally able to get my money back. I have messaged my bank about the refund and I hope they relay the message on time to his bank.

Awesome
Re: I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money by MaeBlocks(f): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2020
Thanks. Am going to apply the same method you used cos me too had the the same challenge.

THUNDAR:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Finally Caught The Person Who Made Nasty Comment On His Photo, This Happened / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / What Asians Think About Africans Using Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.