Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal (3273 Views)

2023 Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal Begins Hearing (Live Update) / Only My Candidate Can Win Bayelsa Gov’ship Under PDP — Dickson / Tribunal begins hearing on Atiku’s petition against Buhari Wednesday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2020
AAA593:

Opuama case, a threat? Bro stop this na. Opuama the Facebook tribunal court guy. Chai. The young was dancing up and down deceiving bayelsians on Facebook that his case is different and special and thereby cashing out from his wayo Facebook posts. I laff

Is that why diri got him arrested
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 9:35am On Sep 13, 2020
fergie001:
PS: This is the appeal Court judgement on false information on the Kogi Deputy Governor by Natasha Akpoti;
The Supreme Court called it unimpeachable.

Do you now see why I said you shouldnt base on that NYSC mandatory stuffs?

garfield1.

The court said even if it is false,it is not a disqualifying factor based on the agi vs ayade csse where the court noted that there was falsehood but still found a way to save ayade.this very crucial,almost anybody coming to court based on false info is wasting his or her time...let us now ask ourselves what qualifies as disqualifying factors
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2020
AAA593:

Opuama case, a threat? Bro stop this na. Opuama the Facebook tribunal court guy. Chai. The young was dancing up and down deceiving bayelsians on Facebook that his case is different and special and thereby cashing out from his wayo Facebook posts. I laff

We can as well say atiku wasn't a threat to buhari
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 9:39am On Sep 13, 2020
AAA593:

Forget about the fake nysc certificate posted on naijatv blog. Naijatv blog is owned by one APC die hard supporter Saint Onitsha (Yenagoa) who was arrested for posting wrong information earlier this year.
They circulated that fake nysc certificate to deceive bayelsians and Nigerians that the deputy Gov actually forged his nysc certificate.
Please never take any information from naijatv blog seriously. I pity that young man that is blogging using party line

AIT did that to buhari in 2015
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2020
garfield1:

We can as well say atiku wasn't a threat to buhari
He was a threat at the elections...not at the Courts.

You & I knew that.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 10:14am On Sep 13, 2020
garfield1:
The court said even if it is false,it is not a disqualifying factor based on the agi vs ayade csse where the court noted that there was falsehood but still found a way to save ayade.this very crucial,almost anybody coming to court based on false info is wasting his or her time...let us now ask ourselves what qualifies as disqualifying factors
Disqualifying factors as enshrined in Sections 177 & 182 of the Constitution.

The citations made it clearer on why the tribunal took those decisions.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by mosdii(m): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2020
The way you guys discuss about the Bayelsa Election Petitions baffles me.

Please how many of you are Bayelsans?
How many of you know what is on ground?
How many of you have ever visited Bayelsa state?
How many of you know what is happening behind the scenes?

The evidences and all what not being mentioned by you guys are sometimes false and sometimes correct.

How many of you have read the full judgement?
How many of you followed the court process up to date?

Well I'm very impressed with the level of knowledge and followership on this issue by you guys.

I am a Thorough breed Bayelsan and I can categorically tell you that put bribing aside which is part of politics, the PDP don't stand any chance to win any of those cases based on the level of evidences presented against them.

The popular saying "He that alleges must prove", was followed in the Deputy Governor's issue, have you red the DSS report?
Godwin Obaseki of Edo state had his certificate corrected by NYSC and was presented with another but that of Lawrence wasn't so, why? what happened?
why didn't NYSC give him a new corrected certificate?

A total of 16 evidences were provided by the petitioner in this case but that of Degi's, the PDP couldn't provide a single evidence that his certificate had issues.

in Degi's case it was multiple names and name discrepancy whereas in Lawrence's case, it is outright forgery which when looked at critically is glaringly for all eyes to see.

I know in politics, money talks and as a Bayelsan that is up to date with the political climate or trend, I know alot has been spent to calm the raging waters.

The Government is a product of the court and so others should be allowed to exercise their legitimate rights too.

7 months in office and no single development or development blueprint for the state.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 10:47am On Sep 13, 2020
fergie001:

He was a threat at the elections...not at the Courts.

You & I knew that.

But his case had the highest chance of success compared to others.he was a threat no matter how you view it theoretically
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 10:51am On Sep 13, 2020
fergie001:

Disqualifying factors as enshrined in Sections 177 & 182 of the Constitution.

The citations made it clearer on why the tribunal took those decisions.

I have perused 177 and 182.forgery was captured but provision of false information wasn't captured which was used to remove lyon
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by AAA593: 11:51am On Sep 13, 2020
mosdii:
The way you guys discuss about the Bayelsa Election Petitions baffles me.

Please how many of you are Bayelsans?
How many of you know what is on ground?
How many of you have ever visited Bayelsa state?
How many of you know what is happening behind the scenes?

The evidences and all what not being mentioned by you guys are sometimes false and sometimes correct.

How many of you have read the full judgement?
How many of you followed the court process up to date?

Well I'm very impressed with the level of knowledge and followership on this issue by you guys.

I am a Thorough breed Bayelsan and I can categorically tell you that put bribing aside which is part of politics, the PDP don't stand any chance to win any of those cases based on the level of evidences presented against them.

The popular saying "He that alleges must prove", was followed in the Deputy Governor's issue, have you red the DSS report?
Godwin Obaseki of Edo state had his certificate corrected by NYSC and was presented with another but that of Lawrence wasn't so, why? what happened?
why didn't NYSC give him a new corrected certificate?

A total of 16 evidences were provided by the petitioner in this case but that of Degi's, the PDP couldn't provide a single evidence that his certificate had issues.

in Degi's case it was multiple names and name discrepancy whereas in Lawrence's case, it is outright forgery which when looked at critically is glaringly for all eyes to see.

I know in politics, money talks and as a Bayelsan that is up to date with the political climate or trend, I know alot has been spent to calm the raging waters.

The Government is a product of the court and so others should be allowed to exercise their legitimate rights too.

7 months in office and no single development or development blueprint for the state.

I rest my case.
Bro I'm on ground. What are you talking about?
The useless, irrelevant and baseless 16 evidences vijah submitted to the tribunal? I even saw voters registration comparing his age to that of his elder brother as part of his evidence. You gathered 16 rubbish and you called them strong evidences. Why are you listening to that vijah's lawyer?

For the Christ the government is still young and why not allow the man to start developing the state. He just appointed commissioners that will work with him.

Product of court you say my bro. Allow him to be after all the court is another process of getting what you truly deserve. Even according to supreme court, APC never took part in that election.

How could you even compare degi's case and Lawrence's case. This is too funny. Where did you see forgery in Lawrence case? You people went and cooked different names to make it look like degi's case. My brother move on.

Those doctored and fake documents vijah and his -crew members cannot be relied upon. Stop believing them and focus on the court proceedings. Pray for your governor to succeed bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by AAA593: 11:56am On Sep 13, 2020
fergie001:

I was banned by antispam.
UST testified for Lawrence.
UST was represented by a Director of Legal Services of the University.
Mr. Fyne Le Amanie.

AAA593...Thank you jareh....I made my earliest comments based on what I saw on that Naijalive at the time.
Let's leave this people abeg sir
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
garfield1:

But his case had the highest chance of success compared to others.he was a threat no matter how you view it theoretically
Not to me.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
garfield1:

I have perused 177 and 182.forgery was captured but provision of false information wasn't captured which was used to remove lyon
"The act of making a false document or altering a genuine one for same to be used is what forgery is.”
Agi v. PDP (2016) LPELR-42578 (SC) P.115

How true this is...I don't know.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by mosdii(m): 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
AAA593:

Bro I'm on ground. What are you talking about?
The useless, irrelevant and baseless 16 evidences vijah submitted to the tribunal? I even saw voters registration comparing his age to that of his elder brother as part of his evidence. You gathered 16 rubbish and you called them strong evidences. Why are you listening to that vijah's lawyer?

For the Christ the government is still young and why not allow the man to start developing the state. He just appointed commissioners that will work with him.

Product of court you say my bro. Allow him to be after all the court is another process of getting what you truly deserve. Even according to supreme court, APC never took part in that election.

How could you even compare degi's case and Lawrence's case. This is too funny. Where did you see forgery in Lawrence case? You people went and cooked different names to make it look like degi's case. My brother move on.

Those doctored and fake documents vijah and his -crew members cannot be relied upon. Stop believing them and focus on the court proceedings. Pray for your governor to succeed bro

I have moved on and it is non of my business if the Government succeeds or not and I can never pray for any Government to succeed.
A government that doesn't enjoy the support of the masses.

APC never took part in the election, why are they scared of a fresh Election when APC will not participate if there's any?

You can take the horse to the stream but you cannot force it to drink water.
Any Government that doesn't not enjoy the support of the people is bound to fail.

1 Like

Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by OBUKSBAYELSA: 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
fergie001:

"The act of making a false document or altering a genuine one for same to be used is what forgery is.”

fergie001 forget the garfield fellow, when bitterness is taken too far it swallow ones sense of reasoning
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:

fergie001 forget the garfield fellow, when bitterness is taken too far it swallow ones sense of reasoning
sad cool cheesy not really, we are just trying to exploit any weakness on the Diri or UCP/LM/ANDP cases, there is none...tbh.

Diri should just go provide good governance.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by engineerboat(m): 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
fergie001:

sad cool cheesy not really, we are just trying to exploit any weakness on the Diri or UCP/LM/ANDP cases, there is none...tbh.

SC is to be blamed for all these.

Their judgement this days does not seem to set any precedence.

In the morning you're black

In the night you can be blue because blue can also be black
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
engineerboat:

SC is to be blamed for all these.

Their judgement this days does not seem to set any precedence.

In the morning you're black

In the night you can be blue because blue can also be black
So true.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by OBUKSBAYELSA: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
fergie001:

If you say so I believe you and would respect the young man henceforth. As to the issue of good Governance Douye Diri will surpass what the previous Governors have done.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:

If you say so I believe you and would respect the young man henceforth. As to the issue of good Governance Douye Diri will surpass what the previous Governors have done.
Hopefully, Yes.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by OBUKSBAYELSA: 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
fergie001:
Hopefully, Yes.
Thank you Broda!
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
Court of Appeal awards cost of Six hundred thousand naira only, against a faction of ANDP, seeking to be joined in the appeal filed by Governor Douye Diri.

garfield1 AAA593
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by Christology(m): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
fergie001:
Court of Appeal awards cost of Six thousand naira only, against a faction of ANDP, seeking to be joined in the appeal filed by Governor Douye Diri.

garfield1 AAA593
diri plans fail again.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
fergie001:
Court of Appeal awards cost of Six thousand naira only, against a faction of ANDP, seeking to be joined in the appeal filed by Governor Douye Diri.

garfield1 AAA593

That is very good...
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2020
garfield1:
That is very good...
grin grin
Dis wan don sweeeeeet youuuuuuu.....but you know the total outcome already nah!?
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
fergie001:

Lyon was unfairly and illegally removed.the court is claiming that a governor can only be disq based on section 177 and what 182 but degi was disq based on provision of false information as provided by the electoral act which the court wants to stylishly void
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
fergie001:

grin grin
Dis wan don sweeeeeet youuuuuuu.....but you know the total outcome already nah!?

We will know when they give judgment.nothing is sweet.when this faction was making noise,you were supporting them
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
garfield1:

Lyon was unfairly and illegally removed.the court is claiming that a governor can only be disq based on section 177 and what 182 but degi was disq based on provision of false information as provided by the electoral act which the court wants to stylishly void
You and I have discussed this before.
The problem started with his lawyers.
Assume, that case was handled by a better lawyer, he would have won. Don't blame the Courts, blame his counsels.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by fergie001: 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
garfield1:

We will know when they give judgment.nothing is sweet.when this faction was making noise,you were supporting them
Yes oooo.......I am after your Oga in Petroleum Ministry. He should go abeg.
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 3:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
fergie001:

You and I have discussed this before.
The problem started with his lawyers.
Assume, that case was handled by a better lawyer, he would have won. Don't blame the Courts, blame his counsels.

No,we have never brought this angle.by virtue of that 2016 judgment which was reaffirmed in the kogi case,the electoral act section dealing with false information is null and voided and in the eyes of the law,Lyon should still be in power
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by garfield1: 3:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
fergie001:

Yes oooo.......I am after your Oga in Petroleum Ministry. He should go abeg.

This doesn't concern sylva
Re: Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal by AAA593: 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2020
Christology:

diri plans fail again.
Wait for the judgment Sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edolites Respond To Tinubu's Call To Vote Out Obaseki (photo) / Igboho Attacks Ooni, Tinubu And Makinde, Says They Are Fulani Slaves / Plateau Youths Boo Simon Lalong With The Shouts Of “obidient”. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.