Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death (72747 Views)

"Terwase Akwaza Gana Was Dragged Out Of Government Convoy & Killed" / Terwase Akwaza 'Gana' Corpse: Before & After He Was Killed (Graphic Photos) / Photos Of Gana's Native Doctor Arrested After Military Raid On Shrine In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Ikpeohiri(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
He has been killing with the gun for a long time. Therefore he has to die by the gun for many to learn.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Psoul(m): 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2020
jamace:
YES.
Boko haram and bandits who repented are enjoying live in Bornu, Gombe, Katsina and Zamfara States. Why should a repentant criminal in Benue state be killed based on order from above? So the order from above does not know repentant boko haram/bandits in the core North?

Learn to condemn evil no matter where it is coming from. Don't support evil cos the other person supported it. When the evil want to strike, it will not spare you for supporting it earlier.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Masterchef(m): 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
415volt:

Your comment actually shows that you are not a deep thinker.
- Government make a frantic effort to eliminate a dreaded militia.They couldn't after several attempts
-Government decide to go the way of amnesty which the leader Gana gladly embraced.
-On his way to Makurdi for the final session of the amnesty program with his boys about 134 in number according to the news.
-The military ambushed the convoy,picked him up and left his boys that were with him.
-They eventually killed him.

How are we so sure that we don't have more than 5 guys among the 134 members of the militia that are more dangerous than Gana.

I strongly believe that the guy deserve to die but why will you take only him out and leave the other terrorist.
Is that a wise decision.

The general believe that if you take out the Shepherd,the sheep will scatter doesn't apply when it comes to terrorism.

I expect the military to be more tactical in their dealing and operations.

Did the military lie when it claimed on TV there was a shoot-out?
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Gbogbowa: 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I don't normally post on Politics, but he was a terrorist.
yes a terrorists but accepted amnesty yet was killed that was too bad but Boko Haram that accepted pardon was celebrated

1 Like

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by maasoap(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
Nitah1:
My point can only be understood by matured minds and not tribal bigot like you.

Kettle calling pot a black. My comment was detribalised while you were sympathetic to the murder of a criminal based on where he came from.

Bokoharam getting pounded while still spreading their tentacles to other parts of the country.. eg,Niger state,Kaduna,south west, etc.

No Boko Haram in Niger state or kaduna state or South West. Must you justify your point with lies?

Lie to yourself to suite your narrative.

Keep looking for hope where there's none.

There is hope for me in this country. I don't need to know about your pessimism.

When Yusuf was murdered by the Nigerian police zombie like you hails them but today, what's the result?

I ddidn't know that Yusuf deserved national award just like Gana. Are you sure you are not a criminal?
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by BayoMiller: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:
then I see no reason for your sympathy for him at all.

Its not about sympathy for him but integrity of our government/army
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by jamace(m): 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2020
Psoul:

Learn to condemn evil no matter where it is coming from. Don't support evil cos the other person supported it. When the evil want to strike, it will not spare you for supporting it earlier.
Learn to sieve deceitful actions from genuine actions, otherwise you will remain a useful tool to be used and dumped. I rest my case.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Agugbadin: 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
gangstarmonk:

I didn't say he wasn't though.

Modified

But he was a repentant "terrorist" and was to be treated as such. Just like our pampered "repentant boko haram terrorists".

Valid point. Why didn't the military kill the repented Boko haram

1 Like

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by thuxzwda1: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
TheChameleon:

This can NEVER be Boko Haram. Quote me.

Boko Haram was given soft treatment because they were 1. Northerners .... 2. Muslims.

GEJ was scared the country would erupt, PMB is a nepotistic man who can't take decisive action.

Only OBJ / maybe someone like IBB could have taken decisive action.

If such a group emerges from Benue... na then you go know say lives are expendable.
... There is no Boko Haram coming out of this..the 132 betrayed their guy...
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Smooyis(m): 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2020
I fear for our land. These are reasons why oppositions can no longer freely express their views. There is palpable fears in the land. This is not good at all. shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
Dayvidblue:
One of the most suspicious part of the whole operation was the fact that Gana alone was intercepted though he was obviously with other members of his gang. This put to question the motive behind the operation.

its really disturbing.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Deepthoughts: 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:
The sympathy is not really for Gana but for the possible repercussions of the thoughtless n rash actions of the military,from the main story it can be seen that tommorow is heavily pregnant with uncertainty, meaning the efforts made were a waste.

2 Likes

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2020
benebaby77:

An insider job.... At least one of persons in the convoys was given intelligence to the soldiers... If someone like terrorist has volunteered to surrender they should have prosecuted such person let alone grant him amnesty.... The army no do well in this at all.... This is like extra judiciary killing

I don't want to sound like a prophet of doom, but am 100% sure things won't go well.

The traditional leaders involved in his submission are not even safe, the military didn't even think of what the outcome of their actions will be before taking such move..

Nigeria is already a time bomb ticking.

1 Like

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by juszoe82: 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2020
Why do we enjoy telling lies on this country?.
Why cant media be on the side of the people and start telling the truth.
Media industry is one of the problem of this country as they never broadcast the truth in any event.

God will punish them all.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by caniagu44: 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I don't normally post on Politics, but he was a terrorist.
because he is fighting for his people? he is the arrow head fighting Fulani herdsmen.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
Yes he reaped what he showed.
BUT

The other side of the reason why he was ambushed and killed was; in d later part of his struggle, he chose to fight for his people-d Tiv whom the fulanis had on several occasions fought. He became a thorn in the Fulanis path. This is because for these breeds of fota djalon-dfulanis to gain entrance into the Tiv land they need no opposition as strong as Gana, therefore they needed to eliminate him. They saw d opportunity (of repentance) and grabbed it. Mind you, when d fulanis failed in their efforts to penetrate Agatu, they had to look d other way round in Benue state. Killing Gana wasn't karma but deliberate. I hoped he'd have other militia who' are more lethal than him.

Modified
I mean when it matters d intrusion of those herders.

1 Like

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by earnit3: 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2020
really hmmmmm
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by gangstarmonk(m): 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
Psoul:

So are u saying that they should have accept him back into the society and let him live on?

I didn't say so.

What do they do with "boko haram terrorists'' when caught?

You have your answer.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Rawhumper(m): 6:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
I am tired with The level of reasoning our Army has to be honest. They always think everything is achieved by violence. Anyway sha, when it starts they Are the First casualties before The civilians.

Even almighty America knows when to Take prisonners and in some cases silence them.

We saw The Death if Iranian Gen. How USA lost some troops as a result of Trumps rash decisions.

The Military mishandled This, no matter how wanted he is....they have closed The door for Future repentant deadly militants or armed robbers...the military is creating The samurai Spirit in These People and its bad.

They would have wasted The man in another way like poisoning not necessarily through violence.

Violence doesnt bring lasting remedy, it seems our soldiers Are enjoying The rate they Are been killed, it seems our Army does not really Want to reduce tension.

If i was in The planning and strategy Section, i would have pushed strongly against this method.

Our Soldiers should wake up and know The era of using violence and intimidation to achieve their objective is Over.

Flexibility is The answer to our volatile Society.
Even America that always Say" WE DONT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS," Are NOW ENCOURAGING and Embracing MEDIATION, and Negotiation.
See TALIBAN and AFGHAN GOVT. ISRAEL AND THE ARAB WORLD.

Nigerian Army needs very strong reformation if This Country is to survive.

Even

quote author=gangstarmonk post=93830844]True info.

He wasn't comfortable in the car of one of the traditional rulers and informed the bishop so, the bishop said he can join his car if he felt unsafe in the other. He sat in between the LGA chairman and a priest. Along the way in Gboko, the army ambushed them and went straight to the bishop's car where Gana was and hi-jack him. The LGA Chairman sensed foul play and when he tried to resist what they were about to do, they beat him to pulp, thereby inflicting injuries on him and delayed them while another team drove away with him only to go and murder him about some meters away. Most of his boys turned back when the army snatched him from the convoy, they sensed betrayal.
There have been unrest in Katsina-Ala LGA since the day he was killed. Endless Shootings.
BTW, there are men stronger than Gana and they are unhappy now. You know what it means.
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Rawhumper(m): 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
The Nigerian Army has been Over stretched, instead of them to use brain to mitigate The rate of violence and wars around them, they Are here allowing some Politicians to use them to cause More deaths for both The Army and the civilians.

The Army needs to understand The reality, not deceiving themselves.

There Are many ways to kill wanted men but not This way.

Very pathetic and myopic move.

quote author=heykims post=93832404]A murderer was murdered by the army, case closed. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Depressed101: 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:
he was MURDERED in COLDBlOOD.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Depressed101: 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
omale88:
this gana of a dude, i know nothing much about him besides the fact that he accepted amnesty and left his nest,my question is the same soldiers who killed him in such a cowardly way watch how terrorists are rehabilitated and returned to the normal society through amnesty?,i believe there is more than what meets the eye in this story,and probably the some top officials in the government dont want this guy to rat them out and so they lynched him,i pity the innocent citizens of this country as any negative reactions meet them first. this is not good and that way of killing him isnt good for the country because he has valuable information.
i dont know . but there is a rumour he was giving fulanis fire for fire when they attacked benue

1 Like

Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2020
Depressed101:
i dont know . but there is a rumour he was giving fulanis fire for fire when they attacked benue
okay.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Chi111(m): 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2020
Is it how it suppose to be,someone made up his mind to surrender & was finally killed. Hmm I see more criminals coming up for him.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by Libatine: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2020
[/quote][color=#006600][quote author=awhybliss post=93837389]The army will come out with a cooked statement and serve it to us, even though we know gana is a bad influence and terrorist in the community, what makes them lied about the way he was killed,?
The answer: he has too much information of people bankrolling terrorist in the military and government...

True talk, the army is hiding something. I don't support terroRism, but they (army) acted cowardly.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by bizzibodi(m): 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
This is not an act of gallantry.....d intl.convention on war forbid soldier from killing enemy if he has surrender & unarmed but why different treatment for repentant Boko haram.....are we in d same countryd NA know they can stand him & his militias in armed combat.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by WriterX(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2020
southniyikaye:
"HE WANTED TO DIE IN CHRIST".
Well, we have the ever forgiving God who is ready to forgive nomatter the weight of our since.
I pray he gave his life to christ and truly repented before he was killed if not, his sins will be waiting to receive him at the other end

God forgives he doesn't forget.
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by romenna: 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2020
A true warlord will never surrender but disappear.
Ask Ojukwu, Tompolo or Shekau
Re: How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death by kabillionaire(m): 12:27am On Sep 13, 2020
gangstarmonk:

I didn't say he wasn't though.

Modified

But he was a repentant "terrorist" and was to be treated as such. Just like our pampered "repentant boko haram terrorists".

That wasn't the first time he embraced amnesty.
That guy was something else, believe me, he's better off dead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

14-year-old Schoolboy Sexually Assaulted Teacher In Locked Classroom / Photo Of Nigerian Deathrow Convict, Chijioke, Who Will Be Executed This Friday / Phone Thief Tattooed Names Of Ladies He Has Slept With (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.