Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love (3653 Views)

Is This Not Supposed To Be Child Abuse Too? Graphic Images 18+ Discretion*** / How A Lady I Was Supposed To Dump Skillfully Dumped Me / Five Secret Things Guys Are Supposed To Do That Their Girlfriend Loves!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:53pm On Feb 24, 2011
Last night i was sorting a client's pc i was knackered to type on internet address bar to test how was her pc online, so i just picked one of her favourites from the favourites tab. Well it was site for pregnant woman and the page was of discusion from a woman pregnant and almost about to drop. She was complaining that her husband does want to be there in the room while she gives birth, she was getting support from other woman saying that the husband doesnt love her he should be there etc

It seems like some woman where using that situation as way of measuring husband's love, my question is does not being there make you less of a father or good husband ? Or woman are conning some man to be a sisy to please the feminist. I have never heard of those man who works in very dangerous places asking wife to join them as way of showing her love to him.

Am 35 and sure my father and his generation never went into delivery room to watch or give the so called support, does that makes them less of a father compared to the young guys of today go into the delivery room out of will or to please her. Some says it affects them sexually, imagine you got too much ego with your willy its big and makes her moan then you see the baby's head tearing that pum pum and the blood ect

So the other question is why forced or convince someone to act against his feelings and use that act to measure love, you have already gone against his feelings its no more love but duty. Are our relationships being affected by such request? Are guys doing it to please wife/girlfriend or to please her friends in order to call him a man becoz their husband did it for the unknown reason to him
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Orton10(m): 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2011
Well I don't blame those women who use the situation as a yardstick.
Afteral We men put them into such conditions (ofcourse with 'em consent too.lol) so I think its our duty to see 'em through such conditions to the very end.
But I've heard stories of Men collasping at such sights.lol and even punching the Doctor on duty. Life!
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2011
Orton1_0:

Well I don't blame those women who use the situation as a yardstick.
Afteral We men put them into such conditions (ofcourse with 'em consent too.lol) so I think its our duty to see 'em through such conditions to the very end.
But I've heard stories of Men collasping at such sights.lol and even punching the Doctor on duty. Life!

do they come to our work places to see how we suffer to put food on the table ?

does it make me less of man if i dont ?

i think am no use in that room that the reason we have nurses and midwifes
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by alagha: 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2011
doctors & nurses at work no visitor. embarassed embarassed embarassedplease.
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Dyt(f): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2011
Heeeheheehehe @replies
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Blueice4re(f): 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ poster, you dont need to see it dat way. most women prefer their husbands to witness their delivery, not  because they are measuring their love or want to see how they are been loved. it depends on the relationship of the couples. For instants a woman was in labour for hours,  the doc did all he could but to no avail, the woman requested to see the husband which the doctor consented to, at his sight and encouragement she gave birth instantly.

So you see my broder sometimes dis tins happens. and sometimes the husband is expected to be in the hospital witout going into the labour room.
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
Blueice4re:

@ poster, you dont need to see it dat way. most women prefer their husbands to witness their delivery, not because they are measuring their love or want to see how they are been loved. it depends on the relationship of the couples. For instants a woman was in labour for hours, the doc did all he could but to no avail, the woman requested to see the husband which the doctor consented to, at his sight and encouragement she gave birth instantly.

So you see my broder sometimes dis tins happens. and sometimes the husband is expected to be in the hospital witout going into the labour room.

but do you realise that with or without husband the baby will come out anyway
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Dsense(m): 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2011
OP.
I can't do it . . . . .Don't ask for reason!
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2011
true most of our dads didnt hang around the delivery room, but that's no reason for you not to do it.
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Omolola1(f): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
Well, I guess it has to do with one's mindset
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by kokoye(m): 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
I was there because I wanted to, not only because she wanted me to be there.

- I wanted to be there to see my child come into the world and have his first cry.

- I wanted to share her pain and be there for her.

- I wanted to re-assure her that all was well . . she stared at me as the baby came out. The strenght of a woman.

This is just me. I dont have any problems with any man who does not want to do it.

2 Likes

Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2011
Omolola1:

Well, I guess it has to do with one's mindset

yes but some women overlook that and start to use it against man eg you dont love me much why cant you be with me on that day
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2011
kokoye:

- I wanted to be there to see my child come into the world and have his first cry.

[size=15pt]- I wanted to share her pain and be there for her.[/size]- I wanted to re-assure her that all was well . . she stared at me as the baby came out. The strenght of a woman.

This is just me. I dont have any problems with any man who does not want to do it.

explain that

was the pain half shared
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
tpiah!:

true most of our dads didnt hang around the delivery room, but that's no reason for you not to do it.

give the reason to be there i.e in the delivery room

what has changed that it needs the hubby to me in the room
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Dsense(m): 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2011
kokoye:

- I wanted to share her pain and be there for her.
- I wanted to re-assure her that all was well . . she stared at me as the baby came out. The strenght of a woman.

Kokoye,Being there doesn't interpret you are sharing her pain . .  .That's the fact most pple ignore.
You can simply share the pain by stying outdoor ''labour room '' praying for her. . . . . . .The ultimate stand!!!
I'm not against being there pending the delievery but the excuses some of you guys frame up are just too skeptic.
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Danor: 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2011
Like seriously, what's wif d 'sharing in the pain' cliche? Seriously, what's dat? Whether u share or exacerbate the pain, the youngster wud still drop so, whasup?
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2011
and how many of una get wife?
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2011
tpiah!:

what ?
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Dsense(m): 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2011
tpiah!:

You can always think with yah anus if your head is too busy for thinking undecided
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by AqRiUsAge(f): 10:02pm On Feb 24, 2011
first, let me clarify something, OP. Deciding to stay in the labour and delivery room with a partner does not make one a sissy. And I'd like to think that the reason most people do it is because the delievery (and labour) period is a really emotional time. Though the woman is delievering the baby, the baby is both the man's and the woman's. THUS the hubby is there to witness the birth of his child AND to provide emotional support. Mnd you, some cultures are still against this, and in m opinion, that too, is alright when both partners in agreement to that.
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Mcleo007(m): 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
@poster,there is no one way to show love.
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2011
Well, sometimes it's also best to not be around cheesy
In that state, the deranged woman in pain can start spouting at curses at the man.

but ya typically one would want to witness the birth of his child and support his wife.
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2011
Mcleo007:

@poster,there is no one way to show love.

yes i know

if you read carefully i am focusing on those man who conned or convinced not those who do it on his own will
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by pinky17: 10:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hi Drill! we are missing you cry
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2011
AqRiUs Age:

first, let me clarify something, OP. Deciding to stay in the labour and delivery room with a partner does not make one a sissy. And I'd like to think that the reason most people do it is because the delievery (and labour) period is a really emotional time. Though the woman is delievering the baby, the baby is both the man's and the woman's. THUS the hubby is there to witness the birth of his child AND to provide emotional support. Mnd you, some cultures are still against this, and in m opinion, that too, is alright when both partners in agreement to that.

explain the emotional support ?

whatever way the baby will come out
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2011
pinky17:

Hi Drill! we are missing you cry

ha ha are from newzim ?
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by pinky17: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2011
we want you back ! cry
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
pinky17:

we want you back ! cry

will try to come back, the place looks dead
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 25, 2011
where's that.
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:05am On Feb 25, 2011
tpiah!:

where's that.

http://newzimbabwe.com/
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 25, 2011
oh.
Re: Is This How We Are Supposed To Show Some Of Our Love by Coolabbie: 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2011
It shudnt be a yardstick 4 measuring d luv of a man neither does it make d man a sissy 4 choosing 2 be dere. Its all about personal preference. But 4rm wat i hear 4rm married women whose husband were in d labour room wit dem,it serves 2 strengthen d bonds of d marriage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Which Do You Prefer,a Career Woman Or A Housewife?? / Photos: Nigerian Girl Rolls On The Floor Out Of Joy After Boyfriend Proposed / See Endtime Pure (sachet) Water. Can You Drink It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.