Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? (11303 Views)

Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? / What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / Share Your Favourite Bible Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Kalatium(m): 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
My favourite bible translation is NIV due to its clarity, simplicity and also popularity.

Over to you, what's your favourite bible translation and why?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Built2last: 2:21am On Sep 13, 2020
Mine is NKJV

IF TITHE AND OFFERING IS THE PROBLEM! STOP PAYING!

I am appalled by the recent enormous attack on churches and pastors. Mostly by people who probably have never paid tithe or may have not given to churches in recent years. They jump on the wagon and irrationally begin to vituperate on matters they have no clue about.

People dont have food, water, electricity and no jobs, they ignore their governors, senators and FG and spend time discussing pastors and judging them on how they spend money. Politicians still your tax with brazen audacity and you do nothing. You are not a member of the churches you attack online, the pastors have never invited you, his members have not come to complain to you before, yet, you complain more than those who give in church.

My conclusion is that you are insanely frustrated and looking for where to poor it. Most Christians are on tin line between unbelief and atheism. If tithe and Offering is your problem, stop paying and serve God with all your heart and serve God truly. Focus on doing personal ministry as you ate led by God.

Jesus commanded you and I to preach the gospel and save SOULS. Can you boast of consciously preaching to anyone this year and leading them to Christ, follow up the person and ensure the person matures to become a disciple? I bet you haven't, in your myopic mind, the only people Jesus commanded to do the work is pastors. Yet, when we ask for true believers you raise your hand. Note, Go ye into the world is a command to all of us. Not a suggestion. What is stoping you from going? Stop hiding behind your keyboards to vent your frustration on pastors.

Pastors are not the reason Nigeria is not working. American pastors have more mega churches, some pastors in America have airstrip in their houses. America is working. The people face their government because they pay tax to the government. In church people wilfully give. Your frustration is that mega churches have money and are spending the money. You forgot that these churches did not become mega in 2020. These were churches started in the back side of town in the 1980s. These men, prayed, laboured, toiled, were disappointed and at some point felt like giving up. At that time, starting a church, pastors were seen as non entities. 35 years later, that little vision has grown by virtue of diligence and hard work. You throw away those years of them paying the price and type rubbish on social media. Focusing your attention on tithe and Offering.

Have you forgotten that millions of churches like them started and didn't last up to five years. Some lasted but the pastors are so indebted that they can't pay their children school fees. Not everyone will succeed in same way. I pay my tithe, give Offerings and you are more frustrated than me who is giving and not complaining. Is it your money? Have I come to beg you before? Are you normal. Pastors are not your problem or the reason for Nigeria's lack of development. You drive a good car, how come you drive a good car and there are family members yours that are trekking. There are widows and orphans in your neighbourhood. You shouldn't drive a good car. Sell it and trek to work. Give all you make to support every poor person in your family and neighbourhood. That's the kind of life you want pastors to leave and you will be happy...You won't sell your car because it makes life convenient for your work, for your family and social status. Pastors also buy these jets because it makes ministry easy for them. Some of them may need to be in 4 countries in a week preaching. Imagine queuing up in every airport and jumping connecting flights.

A jet is to a mega pastor what your mercedes is to you. It's about convenience and tool for ease of work. Get that into your head and work hard. Pray that God will bless your hustle. Learn to mind your business...

.If you feel some pastors are mismanaging their church fund, pray for them in love. God is the ultimate judge. He will test everyone's work at the end. I am not the chief registrar of heaven to know which pastors is eating church money or not. I have my own sins, that's my concern not pastors.

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:13am On Sep 13, 2020
Kjv- because it speaks to the spirit of man, who man is, not the physical (flesh) of the man, which must die because it hates God and must always hate God until it dies!

And the mere fact people do not like it because they do not understand it, Is Proof that it is speaking to the spirit, whom ye are and if you knew how to use your spirit very well, you would understand it's words.

Also you must note that Good Understanding Is Given By The Lord, it is not your own foolish understanding that you are supposed to use in reading the Bible.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Exmilitant(m): 6:00am On Sep 13, 2020
NWT- New World Translation. Simple to comprehend. Any JW will understand.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by manuel4real(m): 7:13am On Sep 13, 2020
Good news

9 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 13, 2020
The King James Version has grave defects…these defects are so many and so serious as to call for revision.
Source: Preface to the Revised Standard Version of the Bible (1971)

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by ggirl4real: 8:16am On Sep 13, 2020
Easy to Read Version

REASON: During the days of my regular church attendance, my Pastor loved that translation. I don't know about now.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Kalatium(m): 8:16am On Sep 13, 2020
Built2last:
Mine is NKJV

I am appalled by the recent enormous attack on churches and pastors. Mostly by people who probably have never paid tithe or may have not given to churches in recent years. They jump on the wagon and irrationally begin to vituperate on matters they have no clue about.

People dont have food, water, electricity and no jobs, they ignore their governors, senators and FG and spend time discussing pastors and judging them on how they spend money. Politicians still your tax with brazen audacity and you do nothing. You are not a member of the churches you attack online, the pastors have never invited you, his members have not come to complain to you before, yet, you complain more than those who give in church.

My conclusion is that you are insanely frustrated and looking for where to poor it. Most Christians are on tin line between unbelief and atheism. If tithe and Offering is your problem, stop paying and serve God with all your heart and serve God truly. Focus on doing personal ministry as you ate led by God.

Jesus commanded you and I to preach the gospel and save SOULS. Can you boast of consciously preaching to anyone this year and leading them to Christ, follow up the person and ensure the person matures to become a disciple? I bet you haven't, in your myopic mind, the only people Jesus commanded to do the work is pastors. Yet, when we ask for true believers you raise your hand. Note, Go ye into the world is a command to all of us. Not a suggestion. What is stoping you from going? Stop hiding behind your keyboards to vent your frustration on pastors.

Pastors are not the reason Nigeria is not working. American pastors have more mega churches, some pastors in America have airstrip in their houses. America is working. The people face their government because they pay tax to the government. In church people wilfully give. Your frustration is that mega churches have money and are spending the money. You forgot that these churches did not become mega in 2020. These were churches started in the back side of town in the 1980s. These men, prayed, laboured, toiled, were disappointed and at some point felt like giving up. At that time, starting a church, pastors were seen as non entities. 35 years later, that little vision has grown by virtue of diligence and hard work. You throw away those years of them paying the price and type rubbish on social media. Focusing your attention on tithe and Offering.

Have you forgotten that millions of churches like them started and didn't last up to five years. Some lasted but the pastors are so indebted that they can't pay their children school fees. Not everyone will succeed in same way. I pay my tithe, give Offerings and you are more frustrated than me who is giving and not complaining. Is it your money? Have I come to beg you before? Are you normal. Pastors are not your problem or the reason for Nigeria's lack of development. You drive a good car, how come you drive a good car and there are family members yours that are trekking. There are widows and orphans in your neighbourhood. You shouldn't drive a good car. Sell it and trek to work. Give all you make to support every poor person in your family and neighbourhood. That's the kind of life you want pastors to leave and you will be happy...You won't sell your car because it makes life convenient for your work, for your family and social status. Pastors also buy these jets because it makes ministry easy for them. Some of them may need to be in 4 countries in a week preaching. Imagine queuing up in every airport and jumping connecting flights.

A jet is to a mega pastor what your mercedes is to you. It's about convenience and tool for ease of work. Get that into your head and work hard. Pray that God will bless your hustle. Learn to mind your business...

.If you feel some pastors are mismanaging their church fund, pray for them in love. God is the ultimate judge. He will test everyone's work at the end. I am not the chief registrar of heaven to know which pastors is eating church money or not. I have my own sins, that's my concern not pastors.

Wow. What you wrote up is mindblowing and at thesame time the truth.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 13, 2020
NIV.

simplicity and clarity.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2020
Kjv
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by cmecproblem(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2020
Zach 4v6 in the new English translation, it reminds me that I'm a mere human being and I can trust God for everything.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Madibah(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2020
Bible lies too much..
Bible lies don't follow that book

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Mindlog: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2020
New Jerusalem Bible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Timewaster: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2020
Where the Bible says there's no heaven
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by xynerise: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2020
Good News Bible

Those " Thou" "Saith" words in KJV makes me feel like I am reading Shakespeare's books

20 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by ayenale1(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2020
NKJV

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Akube1z: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2020
Good news, Kjversion and the Gideon international bible (That small free bible ).
Gideon international bible translate with simple English you can understand.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Legalcriminal: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2020
JW version..
Hell fire doesn’t exist others are confused sets of books

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by YorubaKinging: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2020
The end is near

Beware of false prophets and false teachers alike

You know them because they are the most popular with the highest numbers of followers/members

They are wealthy and very rich
They know they are going to hell

They will never make a sermon about the times that we live in

They will not warn you to turn from your ways of evil because the judgement is almost here

The are the daddy G.Os

They are devils

Jesus warned about them

Don't be deceived

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Youngzedd(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2020
NIV and NLT is the best.

KJV and NKJV still remain the most terrible translation of all time. Too many errors. The guy did cut and join in there. King James aka slave master.

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Tcwork: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2020
Pls let me ask, was any of these translation's made by God?
Do we know the men who made these translations and do we know their standing before God?
Where is the original copy of the new testament, the words of the apostles from where they made their translations?
While translating was anything added or removed from the words of the apostles?
Finally, how do we tell which version to trust?

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by OMNIVIRUS(m): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2020
KjV
All day everyday

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by DavidEsq(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2020
Built2last:
Mine is NKJV

Why didn't u type all these in KJ English?

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Ayt27(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2020
KJV

The old English just seems to capture the Majesty of the divine than other translations.

One of my favorites is Job and Isaiah, it seemed to me like the divine just reveals how big he his, how glorious and to some extent bragging, but then I asked myself is it really bragging when to you all the beasts in Lebanon is not sufficient for a burnt offering or you tell the isles to keep silent because you want the people to come near you with their cause.

KJV may seem harder than order translations but to me it's the translation that carries the Majesty of God. I'm not surprised though, it was written during a time of Kings and when their words were absolute, so it's makes sense to me when they capture a part of the essence of the King of kings.

Even that phrase "King of kings" sef gets me thinking twice.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by OMNIVIRUS(m): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2020
Built2last:
Mine is NKJV

Thanks

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by tendyjohn(m): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2020
NIV & NLT for clarity and easy understanding.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by omoolorire(m): 9:41am On Sep 13, 2020
Madibah:
Bible lies too much..
Bible lies don't follow that book

I will follow bible

The only book that benefit me anytime anywhere

Thank you Jesus Christ

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Madibah(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2020
omoolorire:

Get behind me satanic Agent

Omo oloribu grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by Reference(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2020
I use 'BIBLEHUB' to study. It offers over a dozen translations. This is to give my soul enough information for the Holy Spirit to latch on. There is no one translation that can encapsulate the intent of God constantly and as regards to where you stand and what you know of Him.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by ayob77: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2020
NLT, The Message, God's word, NIV

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? by omoolorire(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2020
Madibah:

Omo oloribu grin

God bless you jare brother

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Leaders Not Thinking Sacrifice But Survival — Sam Adeyemi / When You Die, Don't Go Towards The Light!!! / First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.