Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? (41658 Views)

Please Doctors In The House What Is allergy And How Do I Get Ride Of It? / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / How To Deal Wth Motion (car) Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Sarang(f): 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:
I don't know if i'm the only one who has this.

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

Has anybody experienced this?

I have had it since I was a kid and
It’s worse in a car that is filled with lots of people
Even now I am having it
No matter how neat and clean this bus is
I only don’t have it when I drive and I am so thankful for that cause I hate it, my goodness!

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Skywalker909(m): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
I do too,but it's only when i am in the "danfo" buses...
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by harriet412(f): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
cutiedave:
Same here...
Not everytime tho...
I found out it happens when I'm in a stuffy vehicle or during holdup..
Reason i dread traffic a lot...

Also, i cant read in a moving vehicle...
I cant even press my phone..
I instantly developed an headache...

I envy those who spend their entire moment in a vehicle pressing their phones

We're in this shoe together. I literally can't do anything when I'm in a vehicle..The crazy headache that hits me when I try to is outta this world

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Carson110(m): 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lol
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by intergral(m): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

OP let me help you...
1. Don't travel in Air conditioned car... Travel with cars that air will enter from the window.
2. Stop pressing your phone while travelling for a longtime, it will force you to bend your head and also can cause nausea.
3. Always buy lime slice it and apply some drops on your tongue when you start feeling nauseated...
I believe 1 and 2 will work but 3 is for when persists
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Mryacks: 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Had a cousin who suffered same symptoms as you. Hers is more to do with the smell of petrol in the car though...she always feel nauseated and irritated throughout journeys by road...
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Dueprince: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
LIVINGICON:
I used to have motion sickness in my childhood and teenage years but it went on its own.

Avoid eating just before boarding a vehicle, morestill eating in the vehicle.

Try to chew some ginger, it helps.

no, it come wosrt when you dont eat expecially during the morning. For ,me i always throw up and spit draught silava too much. But i have learn how to avoid vomiting and i end up swalowing the large saliuyva. Too bbad
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by choblak(m): 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Has anybody experienced this? hoi

I though am the only experience that sickness
Whenever I travel or in a car for long time my head hurt and feel like vomiting or nursea
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by davillian(m): 12:57am On Sep 14, 2020
Afam4eva:

And what makes you think i only travel by road? And when has flying become a measure of wealth? However, i'll say an AMEN to your first message.
broke people don't fly...
If you still mix it then you not rich yet....

If you have time to waste
Then you not rich

Why spend 6 -12 hrs on the road
When you have option of spending just 45mins..?
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by domwas2(m): 1:20am On Sep 14, 2020
I have same problem since I was a kid so while growing up whenever I am boarding a car or bus I take the seat by the window for fresh air.
Over the years it decreased when I got a supervision job that demanded traveling interstate everyday.
Now I don't often have it, except ones in a while when I seats close to the engine which I try to avoid often time.

It will go with time
Try to seat by the window
Avoid seating by bus engine,
Avoid the smell of fuel, or engine oil, diesel etc

Try study your self every time in the condition with time you know what work for you to have a better trip without motion sickness
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Afam4eva(m): 1:21am On Sep 14, 2020
davillian:

broke people don't fly...
If you still mix it then you not rich yet....

If you have time to waste
Then you not rich

Why spend 6 -12 hrs on the road
When you have option of spending just 45mins..?
Broke people can fly occasionally.

Flying does not make one Rich.

Until there are airports in every city then your last statement does not hold water. There are also other reasons why one may not want to fly which includes being scared of flying etc.

So...
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Silasloaded(m): 2:12am On Sep 14, 2020
LIVINGICON:
I used to have motion sickness in my childhood and teenage years but it went on its own.

Avoid eating just before boarding a vehicle, morestill eating in the vehicle.

Try to chew some ginger, it helps.

Alright bro.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Silasloaded(m): 2:16am On Sep 14, 2020
princemillla:
My wife had similar issue but since she started taken lime/lemon base drinks on board. We r fine
Ok
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Silasloaded(m): 2:28am On Sep 14, 2020
BornSnner9:
My friend has same problem..

We were returning from school a certain year.. the driver had to stop cuz he had filled up the nylon he was vomiting into and he needed to throw up outside and discard the nylon..

He always feel embarrassed but can't control the shit.. so he got this drug he always take before embarking on any journey and it has been helping him
Please i need the name of the drug?
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Silasloaded(m): 2:36am On Sep 14, 2020
InyinyaAgbaOku:

We have the same problem. It gets worse on an empty stomach. On some occasions I actually stop the driver just to vomit. It also gets worse when the car stops by a filling station. It happens when I fly too.

Make sure you take promethazine/piriton 30 minutes before you enter the vehicle.

If you are worried about the sleeping side effect, take hyoscine (trade name - buscopan) instead of piriton.
Each of them is one tablet at once.

Thank me later
Alright thanks.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Silasloaded(m): 2:43am On Sep 14, 2020
Afam4eva:

Exactly...i also noticed that some cars have certain smells that makes it worse. Especially newer cars.
Afam your symptom is the same as mine but mine is more deadly cause the experience is very scary. There will be a time you will be gasping for natural air. Tufiakwa i forbid the experience. Most cars carries the unpleasant kind of smell that rumbles the stomach and then causing us to throw-up.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Silasloaded(m): 3:43am On Sep 14, 2020
adontcare:
Used to have it until I start to sit by window side and don't eat until half d journey. Now am ajala d traveler
How i wish i am you cause mine own experience na Papa God go help me las las.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Silasloaded(m): 4:07am On Sep 14, 2020
Bahamas95:

Lol, if I start narrating how it has embarrassed me anyone with conscience here would pity me.

I have a way of managing the situation now sha, I am beginning to outgrow it gradually.
Them no fit know cause if they experienced what we pass true surely dem go understand.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Silasloaded(m): 4:13am On Sep 14, 2020
Omoshalewa04:
Story of my life ooo. It's teem bitter lemon I do take, and it works for me.. Be sipping it minutes by minutes whenever you feel that urge to vomit till you get to your destination. Sorry ehn
Alright thanks.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by maasoap(m): 7:44am On Sep 14, 2020
Afam4eva:

It's actually worse when i don't eat. It's still manageable when i eat something before boarding.

I disagree. May be you should limit it to intake of water only but definitely not food
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by temi4fash(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2020
I find it hard reading in the car
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by constance500: 8:51am On Sep 14, 2020
Afam4eva:

Put some petrol in your mouth, gaggle it up and throw it out.. You'll be fine.. My dad taught me that..
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by weazzy(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2020
Buy a lot of sweets esp tom tom or something with that kind of flavor and take it throughout the journey it works for me
Afam4eva:

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Juanmike(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2020
Verysmart101:

Something is definately wrong with you.Must every health issue be attributed to spirituality. Which one is curse again, are u done that curses her?
I know that which is wrong with him
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Juanmike(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2020
DelphiOracle:
are u talking from experience?
Someones experience
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by youngdabold19: 10:35am On Sep 14, 2020
Afam4eva:

I think its a kind of phobia...Try reading or checking out motion sickness
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by sammieguze(m): 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2020
Afam4eva:

Happens to me too. A lot. Especially when there s cheap fragrance/air freshener in the vehicle.
I think it is caused by CO2. not sure. the feeling gets better if you are able to manage to get a seat by the window so you have unlimited access to fresh air
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
Silasloaded:
Please i need the name of the drug?
Mehn I no fit remember.. abomite, abi abonite something like that
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
Silasloaded:
Alright thanks.

Are you the OP?
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
BigMamaNaija:

Whatever blocks the free flow of fresh air worsens it for real.

It doesn't work the way you think, I have experienced it and knew the differences
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Mancala: 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
Like most have said, its motion sickness. There are drugs and patches to prevent and mitigate the effects, but the most effective will make you drowsy and not in the position to do anything effectively. I was recommended a gadget that's really effective in preventing and calming the symptoms. I used it when I used to fly as an amateur pilot in small single engine aircraft that triggered the symptoms. Its very effective. Its called the relief band, pictured below. It sends electrical signals up through the nerves to the brain. I'm sure there are other brands that do the same thing so don't take this as an endorsement for a particular brand but just bringing to your awareness that there are non drug solutions to the problem.

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Excel70: 6:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
Mancala:
Like most have said, its motion sickness. There are drugs and patches to prevent and mitigate the effects, but the most effective will make you drowsy and not in the position to do anything effectively. I was recommended a gadget that's really effective in preventing and calming the symptoms. I used it when I used to fly as an amateur pilot in small single engine aircraft that triggered the symptoms. Its very effective. Its called the relief band, pictured below. It sends electrical signals up through the nerves to the brain. I'm sure there are other brands that do the same thing so don't take this as an endorsement for a particular brand but just bringing to your awareness that there are non drug solutions to the problem.
Please where can I get this

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Are The Benefits Of Sleeping Naked? / Lady Vomitting Blood In Ikorodu Was Not A Runs Girl, Not Thrown From Car / 50 Lawmakers Test Positive For COVID-19, Reps In Panic Mode - Daily Independent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.