Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,412 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight (6899 Views)

Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk / Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) / Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by medoski(m): 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2011
Shekarau cannot bring up the pfizer issue because there was already an out of court settlement. He never collected any money but told pfizer everything comes from God. Pfizer in return is constructing a N1.5 billion hospital in Kano
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 25, 2011
ruz said:

I happen to be a Medical Doctor who was previledged to treat pediatric patients during and after the said period when he banned the use of the polio vaccines. The interesting revelation is that from 1 to 2 years after the ban we started seeing the numbers of patients with poliomyelitis multiply in our pediatric neurology clinic. We looked back and realised most of the children were born during that period. That man should be sued for destroying so many lives. Now these innocent children are doomed thanks to this arrogant brat.

Mr Medical doctor, what and what do you know about the SIDE EFFECTS of vaccines? Tell us. Mr Follow follow without no research. Sit there swallowing any old SHIIT the W.H.O. throw at our kids without question. What do you personally know about the LONG TERM SIDE EFFECTS of ALL vaccines that you sit here talking jazz, like God himself gave you the vaccines?

People like YOU who call yourself Nigerian doctors are unquestioning YES MEN, with the utmost trust in anything and everything thrown at you by western-run establishments. You conduct near zero independent studies or verification of everything they send you to inject our kids with. So YOU have no room to talk. Just shut your trap.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Ibime(m): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2011
I recorded the program and am watching it now.

I don't know anything about the man's policies or records.

If you ask me about the interview though. . . that's the CALMEST interview I have ever seen by a Nigerian politician on the BBC. The guy was composed, confident and eloquent.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by fstranger3(m): 10:48pm On Feb 25, 2011
^^

Bankole did better than that
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by mbulela: 10:56pm On Feb 25, 2011
Ibime:

I recorded the program and am watching it now.

I don't know anything about the man's policies or records.

If you ask me about the interview though. . . that's the CALMEST interview I have ever seen by a Nigerian politician on the BBC. The guy was composed, confident and eloquent.

from what i hear Shekaru is a very decent and gentle man.
i found the interview boring and was unable to continue after a while.
I prefer Obasonjo's 'giver, taker and evidence' clash.
That was a classic.

for me the worst was Cecelia Ibru.
I was suspected that woman was not worthy of her position but that day i confirmed it.
That was the day i lost respect for every organisation that ever gave her an award.
From Banker magazine to Thisday.
The woman was just spewing c rap.
I could not believe a banker could be so simplistic in an economic and finance discussion, not to talk of a Bank MD.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by renewnaija(m): 12:23am On Feb 26, 2011
I agree that Kano had a bad history in respect to the Pfizer scandal. But should 259 children be made to pay for this? Or are they collateral damage of a past war?

I am really disappointed in those here that support Shekaru's actions. As an elected leader, you are paid to come up with intelligent solutions under immense pressure using foresight. That is why he contested for that seat. And he got it. And failed 259 kids.
If you cant dance to the tune, why call the piper?

Even from the interview, he regrets it but claims the state was later commended. For what I ask? What will you tell those kids when they grow up? If he was told that his kids would be affected, wouldnt he & his health ministry brainstorm & come up with a better solution to tackle the issue?

I would say keep the hard questions coming to all these so-called elected leaders. Afterall, in Nigeria & other similar countries, most journalists cant ask them such due to serious a.s.s. licking. Aside political motives, I guess the foreign journalists' disrespect comes from contempt that a fellow human being who finds himself/herself in a priveleged position does so little to assist the masses and so much to impoverish them. Have you seen them disrespect a powerful individual who fights for what is right e.g Soyinka?
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by ahidjo: 4:24am On Feb 26, 2011
[size=14pt]Nigerians and ignorance. That man, Shekarau appeared to me as the most intelligent northern (and Southern) leader I have seen in recent times: more coherent than Goodluck Jonathan, more sensible than Obasanjo, more humble than Bankole. It is time we start being less tribalistic. That man was good but as usual we will always prefer one slowpoke to intelligent people. BTW the program is HARDTALK, not soft talk where you go and expect the interviewer to start asking you your name, your wife's name, your favorite food bla, blah, blah. Those people that go there already know the nature of the interviews ( grilling questions-unfortunately, Nigerians do not ask questions of their leaders that is why whenever a foreign journalist asks one, they term it disrespect. Nigerians truly deserve the kind of leadership they get[/size]
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by tyson55(m): 5:27am On Feb 26, 2011
@ahidjo - Thank you well said. What do they expect Zainab Badawi to ask him? The programe is Hard talk not Soft talk really. If it was Steven Sackur the original presenter of the program, he will get on his nerve more. But that is what makes the programe more interesting and most times, the guest knows that the programe is about this.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Reference(m): 10:17am On Feb 26, 2011
Whatever his composure on that chit chat is not important to me. We listen for correct responses. Kano state did not get it right with the vaccination issue. There are hundreds of fake drugs out there yet drugs are continually bought, sold and recommended. Isolate a particular drug or vaccine, round them up and destroy them. Investigate, prosecute the perps and move on. There can be no justification for with holding vaccines to children at risk from polio. No justification whatsoever. If he was a part of that covertly or overtly its just too bad. That is not leadership.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by shoboy9: 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2011
What kind of nation is this?? Do we need BBC to point out the obvious? 259 children have had their future destroyed. For those who support the man, a prayer that their children should have polio is one I hope they can say amen to, otherwise they will be among the most inhuman souls on the planet.

I have not heard what the Kano state govt is going to do for the victims. They took Pfizer to court so they cannot claim not to know what to do. Or maybe they want what happened in Egypt and Libya to happen in the north first.

One post I should not fail to comment on is the poster that was asking a medical doctor about the side effects of immunization. It isn't really necesary to make your ignorance known to the whole world that way. And thank God this isn't an international forum, or all naija would be roped in for your guffaw.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by renewnaija(m): 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2011
I'm really glad some people are towing my same line of thought. Sometimes I wonder what is the reason some justify these kind of actions: ignorance? lack of exposure? or downright callousness without regard to your fellow man? C'mon. This is happening in this age & time? smh

I have learnt something vital in the UK. No matter your differences, consider your fellow man as a human being first especially as a leader before making decisions that have long term effects. Our visiting politicians and their cohorts visit often, see & appreciate this but fail to replicate this structure back home.

Why oh why my beloved Nigeria?  cry
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by cap28: 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2011
Reference:

Whatever his composure on that chit chat is not important to me. We listen for correct responses. Kano state did not get it right with the vaccination issue. There are hundreds of fake drugs out there yet drugs are continually bought, sold and recommended. Isolate a particular drug or vaccine, round them up and destroy them. Investigate, prosecute the perps and move on. There can be no justification for with holding vaccines to children at risk from polio. No justification whatsoever. If he was a part of that covertly or overtly its just too bad. That is not leadership.

Did you not listen to what he said, the local people had lost confidence in the safety of the vaccines and many of them didnt trust the vaccines.

Shekarau consulted with the local clerics who were voicing the concerns of the local people, his conclusion was to isolate the vaccines that were seen as contaminated, have them analysed before giving the all clear, it was during this period that 259 children died from polio, it was a no win situation for Shekarau, should he have given the all clear prematurely? what if millions of children ended up dead this time around - woudl you have felt better knowing that at least they had been vaccinated?
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by renewnaija(m): 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2011
cap28:

Did you not listen to what he said, the local people had lost confidence in the safety of the vaccines and many of them didnt trust the vaccines.

Shekarau consulted with the local clerics who were voicing the concerns of the local people, his conclusion was to isolate the vaccines that were seen as contaminated, have them analysed before giving the all clear, it was during this period that 259 children died from polio, it was a no win situation for Shekarau, should he have given the all clear prematurely?  what if millions of children ended up dead this time around - woudl you have felt better knowing that at least they had been vaccinated?

So 259 kids is the sacrifice he had to pay? Listen to yourself justify this even when he regrets it.
Like I said, I wonder how/why some people think they way they do. There are multiple solutions that could have been looked into.
You dont throw the baby with the bathwater  angry

I ask you now, if you were in his position and your kids were among what would you do?
You think first & look for alternatives before you act!!! smh
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Becomrichn: 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2011
Sh
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by fstranger3(m): 5:35pm On Feb 26, 2011
Becomrichn:

Shekarau shows what is wrong with nigeria picking a president who has no understand of science principle. How can a governor doubt sure a thing. may the soul of the children rest in peace.

And we need to ask what are the people running for president offering Nigerian. they are not offering nigerian anything apart from telling them zoning or i am from the niger delta.

The issue is the life of nigerian would remain the same till 2019.

Becomrichn, can you speak Batu English like Shekerau?
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Becomrichn: 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2011
be
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2011
VACCINES ARE DANGEROUS, PERIOD. Most of the people criticizing Shekarau are IGNORANT. Fact is that he is MILES AHEAD OF THEM in understanding the controversial, largely unaddressed questions surrounding the efficacy, safety, and long term side effects of vaccines.

Educate Yourselves:

Why You Should Avoid Taking Vaccines.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james.htm
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by renewnaija(m): 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2011
ROSSIKE:

VACCINES ARE DANGEROUS, PERIOD. Most of the people criticizing Shekarau are IGNORANT. Fact is that he is MILES AHEAD OF THEM in understanding the controversial, largely unaddressed questions surrounding the efficacy, safety, and long term side effects of vaccines.

Educate Yourselves:

Why You Should Avoid Taking Vaccines.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james.htm

Like I asked earlier, is it ignorance? lack of exposure? or downright callousness without regard to your fellow man?

Lemme ask you.
How has the world tackled polio?
If you were born in Nigeria, were you given the vaccine or not? You could ask your mum.
Are you justifying his actions & saying the infected kids had no choice?

Funny cos you are the one that needs to educate yourself:
http://www.dhpe.org/infect/polio.html

Scroll to the section 'How can polio be prevented?'
My source is from a medical body (the Directors of Health Promotion & Education, USA).
Yours is an individual's article written in 2003 in a tabloid website which any Bumni, Bello & Bassey can post into.

Please people, argue intelligently or not @ all. Other nations are flying yet we are still crawling. smh
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Sagamite(m): 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2011
eku_bear:

Shekarau actually did a good job explaining himself, in my opinion.

I mean, how effective will a vaccine be when your citizens (with good reason!) don't trust it? What exactly was he supposed to do? Northerners had a bad experience with a previous vaccine. . . you expect them to just take the next one w/o at least being a bit wary?

The situation isn't as easy as some present it.

That interviewer chick was being a tool though, lol

I agree.

He did explain himself well.

The interview is an example of the thrash we have for journalism in this day and age. The sensational headline-seeking mooorons!

I blame some of the interviewees at times. The journalists are lucky it is not me they are interviewing.

1) First of all, I would not tolerate the incessant interruptions to knock me off balance when I am trying to answer a question. I will bluntly ask "Do you want to answer your own questions or were you hoping I was the one that will provide the answers?" Presumably she would say "No, you answer", then I will go ahead and say "Well, if you do not intend to answer your own questions, I suggest you keep quiet for a few seconds and allow me to answer THEN you can challenge intellectually my answers and any loopholes you find. That is professional journalism. I am not into these modern-thrash of journalism where some feel they have to be rude and antagonistic towards public officials before feeling like a good journalist. If you unjustifiably and rudely interrupt repeatedly, I can guarantee you that I will end the interview. Now, next question".

2) When she was asking that moooronic question of "was it worth it" for 250 children to catch polio after he explained the logic of what happened. I would have asked her, "Option A means possibly thousands will have polio, Option B means hundreds will have polio, those are the only two options as I explained to you earlier. So which do you think is better if you were in the position to make a decision?" If she answers (which I will doggedly ensures she does otherwise we will be on that question till the end of the interview) and says "Obviously Option B", then I would ask her in a calm and controlled tone "so why are you asking me such a stewpid question like was it worth it? Are you a journalist of the BBC or some trash tabloid?" I bet she would be gobsmacked and speechless, so I will go further and educate her on how quality journalists ask questions that give insight and are not sensationalism seeking. That the word "worth" is not an appropraite word to seek to explain misfortunes from hard no-win decisions. It would be as silly as asking a doctor with limited supplies of a product that saves life that has to make a choice between saving one life or the other. And explaining further that if I want to be asked silly questions by inept journalists, I would not have come to the BBC.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 26, 2011
renewnaija said:

Like I asked earlier, is it ignorance? lack of exposure? or downright callousness without regard to your fellow man?

Lemme ask you.
How has the world tackled polio?
If you were born in Nigeria, were you given the vaccine or not? You could ask your mum.
Are you justifying his actions & saying the infected kids had no choice?

Funny cos you are the one that needs to educate yourself:
http://www.dhpe.org/infect/polio.html

Scroll to the section 'How can polio be prevented?'
My source is from a medical body (the Directors of Health Promotion & Education, USA).
Yours is an individual's article written in 2003 in a tabloid website which any Bumni, Bello & Bassey can post into.

There goes the first sign that you're brainwashed. A ''medical body'' recognised as ''mainstream'' is even more likely to succeed at deceiving you. My source was a qualified INDEPENDENT medical doctor who - unlike your source - is not compromised by being beholden to ''the powers that be'' in the medical establishment.

Go and research who controls the field of ''modern medicine''.

Please people, argue intelligently or not @ all. Other nations are flying yet we are still crawling. smh

On the contrary YOU need to get your head out of your asss and quit being such a trusty old fooool.

NOW READ AND LEARN:

(NaturalNews)

''With all of the hype surrounding the H1N1 swine flu virus lately, everyone is very concerned with the safety and effectiveness of vaccines, and rightly so. This is a very important question that we must all ask ourselves and find out what the truth is. As the debate rages on an even more important question has rarely been asked. Do vaccines even protect you from the viruses and illnesses that they claim to?

If you only get your news and information from mainstream news and educational sources, then the question about whether vaccines are effective is never even raised. This lack of discussion gives the perception that they are so effective that only a crazy or ignorant person would even think otherwise. Of course that is the perception that they are trying to get across to you, but that is far from the truth.

In fact if you take a look at some of the historical facts on the effectiveness of vaccines you will begin to see that not only did they too often not protect people from the very diseases that they claimed to but they actually caused outbreaks of those same diseases they were hyped to prevent.

Take a look at some of the historical data below showing various vaccination programs and the outbreak of that very disease either immediately to several years later.

In 1871-2, England, with 98% of the population aged between 2 and 50 vaccinated against smallpox, it experienced its worst ever smallpox outbreak with 45,000 deaths. During the same period in Germany, with a vaccination rate of 96%, there were over 125,000 deaths from smallpox. (The Hadwen Documents)

- In Germany, compulsory mass vaccination against diphtheria commenced in 1940 and by 1945 diphtheria cases were up from 40,000 to 250,000. (Don`t Get Stuck, Hannah Allen)

- In the USA in 1960, two virologists discovered that both polio vaccines were contaminated with the SV 40 virus which causes cancer in animals as well as changes in human cell tissue cultures. Millions of children had been injected with these vaccines. (Med Jnl of Australia 17/3/1973 p555)

- In 1967, Ghana was declared measles free by the World Health Organisation after 96% of its population was vaccinated. In 1972, Ghana experienced one of its worst measles outbreaks with its highest ever mortality rate. (Dr H Albonico, MMR Vaccine Campaign in Switzerland, March 1990)

- In the UK between 1970 and 1990, over 200,000 cases of whooping cough occurred in fully vaccinated children. (Community Disease Surveillance Centre, UK)

- In the 1970`s a tuberculosis vaccine trial in India involving 260,000 people revealed that more cases of TB occurred in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated. (The Lancet 12/1/80 p73)

- In 1977, Dr Jonas Salk, who developed the first polio vaccine, testified along with other scientists that mass inoculation against polio was the cause of most polio cases throughout the USA since 1961. (Science 4/4/77 "Abstracts" )

- In 1978, a survey of 30 States in the US revealed that more than half of the children who contracted measles had been adequately vaccinated. (The People`s Doctor, Dr R Mendelsohn)

- In 1979, Sweden abandoned the whooping cough vaccine due to its ineffectiveness. Out of 5,140 cases in 1978, it was found that 84% had been vaccinated three times! (BMJ 283:696-697, 1981)

-The February 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 90% of obstetricians and 66% of pediatricians refused to take the rubella vaccine.

- In the USA, the cost of a single DPT shot had risen from 11 cents in 1982 to $11.40 in 1987. The manufacturers of the vaccine were putting aside $8 per shot to cover legal costs and damages they were paying out to parents of brain damaged children and children who died after vaccination. (The Vine, Issue 7, January 1994, Nambour, Qld)

- In Oman between 1988 and 1989, a polio outbreak occurred amongst thousands of fully vaccinated children. The region with the highest attack rate had the highest vaccine coverage. The region with the lowest attack rate had the lowest vaccine coverage. (The Lancet, 21/9/91)

- In 1990, a UK survey involving 598 doctors revealed that over 50% of them refused to have the Hepatitis B vaccine despite belonging to the high risk group urged to be vaccinated. (British Med Jnl, 27/1/1990)
- In 1990, the Journal of the American Medical Association had an article on measles which stated, "Although more than 95% of school-aged children in the US are vaccinated against measles, large measles outbreaks continue to occur in schools and most cases in this setting occur among previously vaccinated children." (JAMA, 21/11/90)

- In the USA, from July 1990 to November 1993, the US Food and Drug Administration counted a total of 54,072 adverse reactions following vaccination. The FDA admitted that this number represented only 10% of the real total, because most doctors were refusing to report vaccine injuries. In other words, adverse reactions for this period exceeded half a million! (National Vaccine Information Centre, March 2, 1994)
- In the New England Journal of Medicine July 1994 issue a study found that over 80% of children under 5 years of age who had contracted whooping cough had been fully vaccinated.

- On November 2nd, 2000, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) announced that its members voted at their 57th annual meeting in St Louis to pass a resolution calling for an end to mandatory childhood vaccines. The resolution passed without a single "no" vote. (Report by Michael Devitt)''

Learn more:

http://www.naturalnews.com/027203_vaccination_health_vaccines.html

I[b]N LIGHT OF THE ABOVE FACTS[/b], Shekarau is INDEED 100% CORRECT to DISTRUST the entire vaccination industry and treat it with the tight scrutiny and suspicion it deserves.

It's the least he can do for his people. Just because the western ''mainstream establishment'' have ONE idea they are pushing at you, DOES NOT MEAN you close your ears, eyes, and brains to other paradigms not similarly supported by massive funding and media collaboration.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by renewnaija(m): 10:05pm On Feb 26, 2011
@ ROSSIKE
I wont even bother reading your post simply because you have chosen to be insultive in your first few lines.
I assume you did not even answer any of the questions I put up to you. You remind me of the present UK govt leaders who enjoyed free education but are now turning the tables on the present youths.
We are having a debate on the rights & wrongs of a leader and you start calling names without self-examination. Are you governed by emotion, being zealous or you sincerely want people to understand the issue?

Anyway, I know some wont change their views no matter what so its just waste of time & space trying to convince them otherwise.

I do not condone a sacrifice of hundreds to save millions and I repeat that it is your job as a leader & your team to come up with an all-embracing solution. That is why the masses put you there. Not for him to come and tell a mother that her child was sacrificed to save many. I mean htf can u live with that? Is it because his own child was not involved?

Thats why we are & will remain the way we are. Justifying such insanity even from educated individuals.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by OlokoNla1(m): 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2011
much better interview than the rambling of Obj and Dimeji. I could not get my eyes off his totally horrible dentition so i hardly heard the BS and lies he spewed. Dayum, his dentition is terrible, how does his wife kiss him?
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Kabikala(m): 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2011
I am amazed at ROSSIKE's attempts at justifying Shekarau's costly decision to stop polio vaccination in Kano State which came with heavy human consequences.
There are some facts you must know:
1.) Polio vaccination was done worldwide and many countries have eradicated the disease using these same tested and certified vaccines. The polio vaccination campaign effort was not a clinical trial so it was not in any way comparable to the Pfizer/Trovan case.
2.) The same vaccine was being used in the entire country and southerners had no issue receiving the free vaccine to protect their children.
3.) Small pox was eradicated through vaccination.
4.) Many diseases including poliomyelitis have been controlled and minimised through vaccination.
5.) Many Muslim-dominated countries including Saudi Arabia,  Egypt, Senegal, Iran, Kuwait etc have successfully eradicated polio using these same vaccines.
6.) Shekarau's decision to stop polio vaccination in Kano State led to large-scale rejection of the vaccine in many northern communities even beyond Kano State such that the number of victims of that irrational action is way beyond the 259 being quoted.

My conclusion:
Shekarau's decision was irrational and silly. After confirming that the vaccines were indeed safe, did he institute a mechanism for rehabilitating the unfortunate kids who became paralysed as a result of his folly? Why didn't he deploy the same energy to cater for the victims of his stupidity the same way he battled Pfizer to demand compensation for the victims of the Pfizer/Trovan tragedy? If he is only to be found in the vanguard of retrogressive decisions that promote religious fanaticism and primordial sentiments, then he is not fit to be a president of a diverse country like Nigeria.
In my opinion, the guy is a disaster to Kano State and will leave Kano State with more disabled people than he met in 2003.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Sagamite(m): 5:05pm On Mar 03, 2011
Kabikala:

My conclusion:
Shekarau's decision was irrational and silly.

As much as I have little regards for Shekarau, if you watch the video, he made the factors on ground why he made the decision clear and it made sense.

He said there was inherent lack of trust of the drugs on the ground already. If he had tried to deploy the vacinnation without addressing this fear, there was a high risk of large scale reduction.

He suspended it and addressed the concerns by doing a so-called test to reduce the anxiety of the illiterates that have fallen for heresay and reduce the rejection rate.

What do you suggest he did? Deploy and have wide scale rejectees? Or suspend, address fears and reduce proportion of rejectees?
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by renewnaija(m): 9:18am On Mar 07, 2011
When I see educated and exposed individuals from Africa, I have an immense hope for change for the continent.

When some of these individuals justify this guy's actions saying there was nothing he could have done or ask 'what could he have done?' it just goes to show that our education, interpretation and analysis of key issues is the reason why there will be no change. As an educated leader (I assume he is) was it not his responsibility to carry out a radical enlightenment of his people? Or did he expect an uneducated person to do his job?

You do not compromise the life of a human being for any reason whatsoever. And justify such actions by asking 'what should i have done?'

Like Kabikala said, this man will leave Kano State with more disabled people than he met in 2003.

What a legacy.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Sagamite(m): 10:48am On Mar 07, 2011
renewnaija:

When I see educated and exposed individuals from Africa, I have an immense hope for change for the continent.

When some of these individuals justify this guy's actions saying there was nothing he could have done or ask 'what could he have done?' it just goes to show that our education, interpretation and analysis of key issues is the reason why there will be no change. As an educated leader (I assume he is) was it not his responsibility to carry out a radical enlightenment of his people? Or did he expect an uneducated person to do his job?

You do not compromise the life of a human being for any reason whatsoever. And justify such actions by asking 'what should i have done?'

Like Kabikala said, this man will leave Kano State with more disabled people than he met in 2003.

What a legacy.

You are daft!

So how do you expect him to enlighten the 8m or so people in the state? And how long do you think that will take? How long do you think it will take with people that at least 50% have no personal TV or radio and cannot read or write and some are even normadic and most live in places that are remote/inaccessible? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3 days? Half an hour?

Moooron, what do you think the 8-9 months suspension of the vaccination was for after he clearly said they used it to educate the people?

Where was your education and what interpretation and analysis of key issues did they teach you there that left you this dumb?

It is the poorly educated people like you, who mistakes such education as quality and gives them the right to comment on issues, that make it hard (and dampens our hope) for change considering you are too dumb to do a basic analysis with the education you have.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by renewnaija(m): 8:54am On Mar 08, 2011
Sagamite:

You are daft!

So how do you expect him to enlighten the 8m or so people in the state? And how long do you think that will take? How long do you think it will take with people that at least 50% have no personal TV or radio and cannot read or write and some are even normadic and most live in places that are remote/inaccessible? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3 days? Half an hour?

Moooron, what do you think the 8-9 months suspension of the vaccination was for after he clearly said they used it to educate the people?

Where was your education and what interpretation and analysis of key issues did they teach you there that left you this dumb?

It is the poorly educated people like you, who mistakes such education as quality and gives them the right to comment on issues, that make it hard (and dampens our hope) for change considering you are too dumb to do a basic analysis with the education you have.

Dude you have just butressed my point about a wasted education. Which community suspends such a crucial vaccination for 8-9 months while standing by & watching kids get infected? To educate the masses for so long? What are the roles of the village heads & traditional rulers? What of other means of communication & info in the rural areas? And you are in London? Really?

We are hoping to catch up with the developed countries and you come here saying all these ^$*£(. This implies if you were in power you would have done the same. I pray your kids would have been among those infected. Please say amen to that or I will for you. Even before the western means of communication, did we not have have our forms of trado-communication? Were they not effective? And this is just one of the solutions to the numerous ones he should have looked into.

If indeed you are in London, kindly return your papers cos you are a disgrace to Nigeria & the continent as a whole. If you have not learnt anything in the UK, then I suggest to go to where your insulting skills will be better utilised.

We need thinkers & actioneers not rabble-rousers that keep asking the silly question 'what else would he have done?' smh
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Sagamite(m): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2011
renewnaija:

Dude you have just butressed my point about a wasted education. Which community suspends such a crucial vaccination for 8-9 months while standing by & watching kids get infected? To educate the masses for so long? What are the roles of the village heads & traditional rulers? What of other means of communication & info in the rural areas? And you are in London? Really?

We are hoping to catch up with the developed countries and you come here saying all these ^$*£(. This implies if you were in power you would have done the same. I pray your kids would have been among those infected. Please say amen to that or I will for you. Even before the western means of communication, did we not have have our forms of trado-communication? Were they not effective? And this is just one of the solutions to the numerous ones he should have looked into.

If indeed you are in London, kindly return your papers cos you are a disgrace to Nigeria & the continent as a whole. If you have not learnt anything in the UK, then I suggest to go to where your insulting skills will be better utilised.

We need thinkers & actioneers not rabble-rousers that keep asking the silly question 'what else would he have done?' smh

You are reetarded!

What other means of communication and info? They did not teach you in the quack school how to put your points across?

Moooron, what makes you sure the traditional rulers are not part of the problem? How are you sure they can be relied on? What makes you sure they are immuned to the belief that the medicine was a biological warfare by the West against muslims, so how can you rely on them to help inform without convincing them otherwise? You want to explain our trado-communication? How are you sure that is not what the Gov used and took so long? Dumbshit!

You are an example of the cretins we have ruling Nigeria that will not do a solid and comprehensive job, rather they will do a haphazard and shoddy work based on reetarded assumptions instead of thorough analysis and planning and then end up in shambles.

I don't need to swear for you kids to get any infection, they are already likely to get worse, your reetarded genes.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by renewnaija(m): 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2011
[/quote][quote author=Sagamite link=topic=611673.msg7868665#msg7868665 date=1299574060]
You are reetarded!

What other means of communication and info? They did not teach you in the quack school how to put your points across?

Moooron, what makes you sure the traditional rulers are not part of the problem? How are you sure they can be relied on? What makes you sure they are immuned to the belief that the medicine was a biological warfare by the West against muslims, so how can you rely on them to help inform without convincing them otherwise? You want to explain our trado-communication? How are you sure that is not what the Gov used and took so long? Dumbshit!

You are an example of the cretins we have ruling Nigeria that will not do a solid and comprehensive job, rather they will do a haphazard and shoddy work based on reetarded assumptions instead of thorough analysis and planning and then end up in shambles.

I don't need to swear for you kids to get any infection, they are already likely to get worse, your reetarded genes.

Can you not make an intelligent argument without insults? Or is that your mother tongue.
Listen to yourself speculate & grasp @ straw. What makes you sure bla? How are you not sure bla? How bla bla bla? You have no evidence that he did any of these yet you defend him with all your genes as if you were there. Did he tell you he looked for alternatives? This is what I call blind sycophancy.

Test your opinion especially since you claim you stay in the UK. Take this debate to your neighbours, fellow workers, or church/mosques etc and listen carefully and learn. Very few would suggest barbaric solution. They would ask you ids that the best the state had to offer in terms of leadership?

Leadership quality is a rare trait and I dont expect you to understand or comprehend this. Good luck to you and your vile uncouth mouth.

This is not even a topic for debate.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Sagamite(m): 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2011
renewnaija:

Can you not make an intelligent argument without insults? Or is that your mother tongue.
Listen to yourself speculate & grasp @ straw. What makes you sure bla? How are you not sure bla? How bla bla bla?  You have no evidence that he did any of these yet you defend him with all your genes as if you were there. Did he tell you he looked for alternatives? This is what I call blind sycophancy.

Test your opinion especially since you claim you stay in the UK. Take this debate to your neighbours, fellow workers, or church/mosques etc and listen carefully and learn. Very few would suggest barbaric solution. They would ask you ids that the best the state had to offer in terms of leadership?

Leadership quality is a rare trait and I dont expect you to understand or comprehend this. Good luck to you and your vile uncouth mouth.

This is not even a topic for debate.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Shut up your dirty trap! You are reetarded!

You think I don't understand the fundamentals of such society to know what needs to be done and how long it will take.

FACT 1: Yes, I do not know what was done by him, but I know that he gave a good reason for suspending the vaccination and the timespan I KNOW is needed to be able to tackle rejection and beliefs (and which is also pragmatic for that culture) reasonable tallies with the length of time it took to restart.

FACT 2: I know that your daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaft suggestion would not work and is typical of the way a half-baked Nigerian will tackle an issue and why we have rampant failures at public service level.

If you want to carry it forward, I dare your reetarded arse to state step by step what you think he should have done that will quickly reduce the length of time DRASTICALLY and yet be as (or more) effective according to your daft trado-communication, and let me cut and dice your reasoning like chinese spare ribs. I dare you!

Don't be a pussi, take it!

Bloody Reetard, I said this:

Sagamite:

As much as I have little regards for Shekarau, if you watch the video, he made the factors on ground why he made the decision clear and it made sense.

And you are still mooronic enough to talk about blind sycophancy! Does that not suggest objectivity in light of assessing someone I dislike?

Yet, your daft arse came with typical conjectural rubbish of the average Nigerian fooool that the educational system has failed.

Which school failed you?

Come on, take up the dare. Show the intelligence you think you have.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by renewnaija(m): 10:29pm On Mar 08, 2011
How can I continue to argue with someone who cant even spell right? Whose school failed who? undecided

'A wise man wont argue with fools cos people from a distance cant tell who's who'

Have the last laugh & crawl away.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by fstranger3(m): 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2011
^^^^

He was failed at OAU, but somehow, through affirmative action, he got into Bristol University. Let him continue to make mockery of himself. Indulge him a lil. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Commissions LASU School Of Transport. PICS.. / How The Middlebelt Will Vote Next Year / Northern Governors, Gbajabiamila, Celebrate SGF Mustapha At 65

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.