Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,427 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy (34914 Views)

My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) / JAMB: How To Check 2019 UTME Via TXT/SMS / JAMB: How Cut-off Marks Were Fixed – Registrar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Obzerfapex(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2020
Elder0001:

But somebody writing jamb should own a phone even if it's small Nokia torch.
He's already through with secondary school and about to enter uni, why can't they purchase phone for him? I reiterate "even if it's Nokia torch".
are you the one that will buy for him phone ...., human beings always judging people smh

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by docyomex(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2020
itzzkhaliii:
Greetings to elders, I have so much respect for this forum as person they struggle with one isissue I say ma carryam come elders forum.

It all began last 2- weeks when my brother wanted to apply for his P-UTME exam. But to do so the school he applied for required him to change his course as his cut off mark for the course he applied before hasn't reached. This is necessary for him to be considered among those that will be shortlisted to Sit for exam.

We went to Jamb CBT to change his course and go ahead with the P-UTME registration. This is where The problems started unfolding. We Came to realize that he used my mum's number to open his jamb profile, and the sad thing is that they had stolen my mum's phone with that sim in it last two months. She lived for some weeks without phone before going ahead to buy a phone and a new sim.

So when the CBT guy told us that we will need that sim for change of course to be possible. We went to jamb office here in Kaduna and they confirmed the CBT guy statement. We went for the sim swap last monday but Mtn told us that since the sim pack wasn't available she will have to do a court affidavit. We got the affidavit instantly but there was a lot of que when we go back to the Mtn office.

We have to leave it till Tuesday, we went early morning when it was her turn for the swap she went ahead but one surprising thing is that the same sim that she bought and registered by herself 5- years ago turned out to be displaying a different person pix with details.

That's where real wahala start ooo, the Mtn agent told her that there is no way that sim swap will be done because it wasn't her pix in the profile. He told her that what actually happens was that the people she bought the sim from where just business men disguising themselves as Mtn agent, they are just after to sale their sim card in order to gain profit. They will offer you a registered sim as unregistered and take you through the process of registering as if that was the exact Time the registering is taking place.

At the end we trird other Mtn offices but the same answer was given to us the only way out was to look for the person whose pix is displaying to come by himself and do the swapping. This is a person my mum has never met in her entire life she don't even know him.

Remember that she was just a victim of a circumstance that's beyond her control and anybody can fall for it. I can't even comprehend how an innocent student will waste another year at home as result of a missing sim or number.

Pls I am begging on fellow elders in the house or anyone that has been in similar situation like this or know someone that has come across a similar problem and was able to solve it to pls help my brother out he has already wasted a year at home.

Pls help me out

Well first of all, which CBT guy is saying that you need number, I still did one change of institution Last year and one change of course 2018...
They can derive the profile code using his Gmail (only in the CBT center), visit another CBT center please.
He will pay for the change of course online or generate remita and go to bank for payment then, proceed with the change of course and print the slip out.

Except ifh has done change of course more than once this year.. (just one correction is possible each year).

And for the Sim number retrieval issue, that scenario is the norm here in Lagos, they will just ask for identification number... Go to another agent, I Know MTN is my aware of this but they'll help you do it....

Please don't panic, this is a small issue
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2020
nah jamb office go answer u.they have the whole database at hand and can change the log in details. just like university ICT centers that can change errors and mistakes on people profile.
same will be done for your brother. so you have to go to jamb state HQ.. they will change the number used for the log in..that is the deal

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by henryligit: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
I can help you with jamb official telephone number
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Kwamecron(m): 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
post=93908131:
Try to read before commenting Broda Kwame.....pls try!
How it all happened is on the post!
Common!!

Common Wetin?

Talk naa

U no get liver.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Amhappy(f): 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2020
joshjc:
Something is wrong with our network providers, the SIM my sister has been using for over thirteen years,was stolen with phone, when she went for the retrieval,they told her that the picture used in registering the SIM is different from her, the same SIM she has retrieved several times.

This same thing is happening to my mom. Hers is even like 20yrs. It was for her to upgrade to 4G to do watsapp that we discovered it. And MTN has offered no solution
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Amhappy(f): 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
alamin0506:
Good morning bro
Sorry for all that, am actually a staff of MTN. It so sad that the line cannot be retrieve as the line is not registered with her details.

Oga how on earth did this happen. My mum have a similar issue with her SIM. SIM she has been using since 2002 or so. She registered it herself,is now bearing another person's details. There should be a solution to this because some how there's a mixed up in your database.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by GideonVIBES(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
itzzkhaliii:
Greetings to elders, I have so much respect for this forum as person they struggle with one isissue I say ma carryam come elders forum.

It all began last 2- weeks when my brother wanted to apply for his P-UTME exam. But to do so the school he applied for required him to change his course as his cut off mark for the course he applied before hasn't reached. This is necessary for him to be considered among those that will be shortlisted to Sit for exam.

We went to Jamb CBT to change his course and go ahead with the P-UTME registration. This is where The problems started unfolding. We Came to realize that he used my mum's number to open his jamb profile, and the sad thing is that they had stolen my mum's phone with that sim in it last two months. She lived for some weeks without phone before going ahead to buy a phone and a new sim.

So when the CBT guy told us that we will need that sim for change of course to be possible. We went to jamb office here in Kaduna and they confirmed the CBT guy statement. We went for the sim swap last monday but Mtn told us that since the sim pack wasn't available she will have to do a court affidavit. We got the affidavit instantly but there was a lot of que when we go back to the Mtn office.

We have to leave it till Tuesday, we went early morning when it was her turn for the swap she went ahead but one surprising thing is that the same sim that she bought and registered by herself 5- years ago turned out to be displaying a different person pix with details.

That's where real wahala start ooo, the Mtn agent told her that there is no way that sim swap will be done because it wasn't her pix in the profile. He told her that what actually happens was that the people she bought the sim from where just business men disguising themselves as Mtn agent, they are just after to sale their sim card in order to gain profit. They will offer you a registered sim as unregistered and take you through the process of registering as if that was the exact Time the registering is taking place.

At the end we trird other Mtn offices but the same answer was given to us the only way out was to look for the person whose pix is displaying to come by himself and do the swapping. This is a person my mum has never met in her entire life she don't even know him.

Remember that she was just a victim of a circumstance that's beyond her control and anybody can fall for it. I can't even comprehend how an innocent student will waste another year at home as result of a missing sim or number.

Pls I am begging on fellow elders in the house or anyone that has been in similar situation like this or know someone that has come across a similar problem and was able to solve it to pls help my brother out he has already wasted a year at home.

Pls help me out

You stay in KD. Go to Leventis Roundabout. Move towards MTN/Airtel office area (the road under construction). There's a big black market for issues like this, just before MTN office; infact, your mum must've gotten the sim from them; it's risky buying a fresh sim from them (same applies to those hustlers at Markafi Plaza) they do lots of things in the name of "Sim Registration".
In cases like this, they're your surest bet. They'll find a way of resolving the issue. Just keep #1000. If you price well sef dem go do am for #500.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Ologogoro: 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
itzzkhaliii

All you need to do is go back to the court for another affidavit, this time, the subject should include 'NO MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION'.
Then go back to the Sim swap centre, Explain things to them they'll do it, after that re-register the Sim
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
This your case is normal na.
When i lost the sim i used to register for jamb i was still able to do change of institution.
That was about 2 years ago.
The important thing is the email,became they'll send all the necessary info to.your email.
The phine number isnt really important,unless to check result and that one can be done online.
That cbt center don't know how to do their work.
Why not try another cbt center?

thanks a lot but they have changed the process it doesn't work that way now.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by fayruka(m): 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2020
I actually had the same problem with my MTN sim 5years ago. All I just did was swear an affivadit for the ownership and name correction of the SIM. that's all.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
docyomex:

Well first of all, which CBT guy is saying that you need number, I still did one change of institution Last year and one change of course 2018...
They can derive the profile code using his Gmail (only in the CBT center), visit another CBT center please.
He will pay for the change of course online or generate remita and go to bank for payment then, proceed with the change of course and print the slip out.

Except ifh has done change of course more than once this year.. (just one correction is possible each year).

And for the Sim number retrieval issue, that scenario is the norm here in Lagos, they will just ask for identification number... Go to another agent, I Know MTN is my aware of this but they'll help you do it....

thanks a lot but jamb has change the process this year.Its no longer same process

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
emmanuelpopson:
nah jamb office go answer u.they have the whole database at hand and can change the log in details. just like university ICT centers that can change errors and mistakes on people profile.
same will be done for your brother. so you have to go to jamb state HQ.. they will change the number used for the log in..that is the deal

thanks alot Sir,i will go there tomorrow or next.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
henryligit:
I can help you with jamb official telephone number
pls can you help me drop it,or should i give you my num
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2020
Amhappy:

This same thing is happening to my mom. Hers is even like 20yrs. It was for her to upgrade to 4G to do watsapp that we discovered it. And MTN has offered no solution

sorry for your mum,i hope they reconsider their policy and do the necessary correction.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2020
GideonVIBES:

You stay in KD. Go to Leventis Roundabout. Move towards MTN/Airtel office area (the road under construction). There's a big black market for issues like this, just before MTN office; infact, your mum must've gotten the sim from them; it's risky buying a fresh sim from them (same applies to those hustlers at Markafi Plaza) they do lots of things in the name of "Sim Registration".
In cases like this, they're your surest bet. They'll find a way of resolving the issue. Just keep #1000. If you price well sef dem go do am for #500.

Sure thanks alot boss.I will surely try there,we went to The mtn office along ahmadu bello way after stadium,Barnawa complex and that of kakuri market inside plaza.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ologogoro:
itzzkhaliii

All you need to do is go back to the court for another affidavit, this time, the subject should include 'NO MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION'.
Then go back to the Sim swap centre, Explain things to them they'll do it, after that re-register the Sim

thanks a lot Sir.i will try that
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by SirAmosDAdvocat(m): 3:33pm On Sep 14, 2020
YABATECH! YABATECH!! YABATECH!!

POST UTME 2020/2021 IS OUT / HND FULL TIME AND PART TIME FOR IS OUT ALSO

CONTACT THIS NUMBER FOR MORE INFO......AT SHOP 11PGD, OPPOSITE HABBEEB CANTEEN OR CALL.
PHONE NUMBER: 09056156392
CLICK ON THE LINK
https:///BlFGPKEoGmrE3sEnQB42dI
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by nkemjika6006(m): 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2020
THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH JAMB AND THEIR DEVELOPMENT. THEY CONNIVE WITH CBTs TO MILK THE JAMBITES. BEFORE YOU CAN DO CHANGE OF INSTITUTION/COURSE WITH YOUR SMART PHONE BUT NOW AFTER PAYMENT YOU MUST GO TO CBT AND THE NUMBER USED DURING REGISTRATION MUST BE AVAILABLE IF NOT, NOTHING FOR YOU. I WONDER WHY THE COMPULSORY PHONE BEING AVAILABLE. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. IN A COUNTRY THAT IS NOT ADVANCED AND YET YOU ARE CLAIMING ADVANCED. YOU MUST HAVE ALTERNATIVES FOR A SUCCESSFUL ACTIVITY. SAYING THAT THE OTP MUST COME FROM THE REGISTERED SIM CARD IS ILL PROGRAMMED.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by IAmSkinny: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2020
Arizonaz:

Sometimes the mistakes comes from those registering the sim. When their camera refuses to pick the person's face, they either use theirs to register your sim, or they beg someone around to help them use their faces. I have seen this. So, my advice to anyone is to make sure they use their face if really they have a long-term use for the simcard and also you are not into crimes.

This same sh!t happened to me this year. I went to upgrade my MTN SIM at Falomo, Ikoyi and the idi*ot MTN staff used his picture as the display photo for my profile and I didn't know cus we were having issues with my facial capture. Fast forward to this early this year and my phone got stolen in Kano.

I found out the mess after I attempted a SIM swap at one of MTN's branch offices in Kano. I rushed down to their overall head office in Kano and spoke with the chief security officer who connected me with one of the staffs there after enough begging and pity face.
Last last, they run am for me 2k with a stern warning not to pick any call from 180. Six months after, I'm still flexing my line with zero issues.
The stress of that day nearly faint me.

God will punish that slowpoke!c MTN staff at Falomo for me a million times.

Dear OP, I hope you learn from my story and take positive steps.

Cc itzzkhaliii

1 Like

Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Solutionchima: 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
I have past through similar situation, but i was able to convince the mtn staff the no was mine. She asked for 5 frequently dailed no but i gave her 10 off heart. She asked for the last amount i recharged and i told her. She asked the last time the no was active i told her. She asked when i started using the no and i told her. I have used the line for more than 15 years not knowing it was another persons pix. I was able to get my line.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by SirLakes: 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
The Sim I have been using since over 13years now, when I wanted to do a Sim swap 5 or 6 years ago was told the detail on the Sim isn't mine.

I made several attempts to change the detail, re-registered by the road side, it didn't change, went to their office, they said I'll have to see their manager, went back there on 2 different occasions, I couldn't see the manager.

Asin the Sim I bought and av been using before they even started Sim registration, I still have the pack sef

I will give it one more try whenever I have the strength to handle being dribble around.

This country get as e be
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Jafar1: 6:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
My younger brother also had to re-sit for jamb not becos of sim but becos of jamb's technical issues..

Imagine, after all registration process.. On the day of exam the scanner refused to recognize his thumbprint..

Just let ur brother know, its not the end..
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by kcy(m): 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
docyomex:

This is 2020
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Arizonaz: 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
IAmSkinny:

This same sh!t happened to me this year. I went to upgrade my MTN SIM at Falomo, Ikoyi and the idi*ot MTN staff used his picture as the display photo for my profile and I didn't know cus we were having issues with my facial capture. Fast forward to this early this year and my phone got stolen in Kano.

I found out the mess after I attempted a SIM swap at one of MTN's branch offices in Kano. I rushed down to their overall head office in Kano and spoke with the chief security officer who connected me with one of the staffs there after enough begging and pity face.
Last last, they run am for me 2k with a stern warning not to pick any call from 180. Six months after, I'm still flexing my line with zero issues.
The stress of that day nearly faint me.

God will punish that slowpoke!c MTN staff at Falomo for me a million times.

Dear OP, I hope you learn from my story and take positive steps.

Cc itzzkhaliii

I'm happy for you thank God you were able to retrieve it.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by alamin0506(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
Amhappy:

Oga how on earth did this happen. My mum have a similar issue with her SIM. SIM she has been using since 2002 or so. She registered it herself,is now bearing another person's details. There should be a solution to this because some how there's a mixed up in your database.
You already gave a clear explanation to this from the feedback in our outlet, that's the problem you can as well confirm your line if it's actually fully registered with your details to avoid such stories in the future. It's a problem the company is seriously fighting to see to an end to all such stories.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by Bewiseedet(m): 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
ibnsiraj:
There are people doing sim business people that do the welcome back like this. Visit any local mtn agent selling sim card at your environment. Definitely u will meet one that will do it for you. Thus they charge at the rate of 500 or 1000.
Thank me later
Not on MTN line.
Re: JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy by officialfestus(m): 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
Vyzz:

grin

Brother u dey vex ooo...

I see as u dey stammer for writing
lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University / Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction / Bad Things You Did In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.