Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Boyfriend Lied About His Age - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Boyfriend Lied About His Age (43038 Views)

Game Goes Horribly Wrong As Boy Ask Lady To Guess His Age ( Photo ) / Man Reveals Why He Is Still A Virgin At His Age. See Reactions He Got. / Lady Catches Boyfriend With Another Girl At Dominos After He Lied About Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by PrettyNengiBBN: 6:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by earnit3: 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
oh
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by KidDarkness(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
Liposure:
plus the older, the merrier
Lolz, this guy sef
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Crochet: 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Promise60(m): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
She should just hear what the guy has to say. From there she can reach a conclusion.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Rashman578(m): 8:51am On Sep 15, 2020
etrange:

CC is the abbreviation for "carbon copy". It is used to put someone in copy of your writeup. I used it copy cause I updated the writeup after quoting him so I didn't want him to miss the new things I added.
Thanks bruv
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by ModestGal(f): 9:42am On Sep 15, 2020
Cmanforall:

Maybe he thought the girl wouldn't date him if she knew his real age... Or perhaps he may not gain some respects from her.
Some Nigerian girls are fond of looking down on guys they are older than, such that she may not want to greet him first for instance, or be ordering him around etc.
All these can hurt his ego should he imagine them.
Exactly, many of those crushing on me that are younger than me do not reveal their ages or lie that they are older. Because I say it a million times, how I can't even be friends with younger people not to talk of dating them because we would have knowledge gap, can't be discussing with a child, So it could be the problem the guy has

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Made619(m): 11:20am On Sep 15, 2020
etrange:
I've always believed age is just a number and shouldn't come in the way of marriage. But this is not about the age, it's about trust. The ideal thing is for her to confront him and hear what he's got to say. Such conversations are painful cause the idea of your lover keeping such a secret could really hurt. If he's really younger and has been hiding it all this while, trust has been broken and there's no telling how much more he's got to hide. Men get away with many things in a relationship so expect a lot of people here to suggest she should pardon him and stay since he's been a cool guy but I personally believe that apologies offered when one is already caught don't mean true repentance and, like I said, there could still be a lot the guy is hiding. The foundation is already shaky. Reverse this case in your mind, assume it was a lady that came with a baggage of lies, would you still trust her to be your second half?

I'm not saying she should stay, neither am I saying she should quite. This is because I don't know their personal circumstances. I don't know what could have made the guy to lie and how long he planned to keep up with it. I don't know the sacrifices both have made for each other in the past. I don't know how much time, energy and other resources they've invested in the relationship before now. So whether she stays afterwards or not depends all these and also on her personality: can she deal with the knowledge that her partner once harboured such a secret or will that always creep up every now and then and make her feel uncomfortable or unsure of his words? This kind of thing could hurt for long and she will blame herself if she decides to stay and later discover more lies.

Let her follow her heart and even if her final decision leads to regrets, she should take solace in the fact that she did what she felt was the right thing at the moment. As humans, we can only work with the limited knowledge we have as no one knows the future.

Cc: kingemaker
that's true, trust is the pillar of of every relationship.
ModestGal:
[/quote][quote author=etrange post=93900175]I've always believed age is just a number and shouldn't come in the way of marriage. But this is not about the age, it's about trust. The ideal thing is for her to confront him and hear what he's got to say. Such conversations are painful cause the idea of your lover keeping such a secret could really hurt. If he's really younger and has been hiding it all this while, trust has been broken and there's no telling how much more he's got to hide. Men get away with many things in a relationship so expect a lot of people here to suggest she should pardon him and stay since he's been a cool guy but I personally believe that apologies offered when one is already caught don't mean true repentance and, like I said, there could still be a lot the guy is hiding. The foundation is already shaky. Reverse this case in your mind, assume it was a lady that came with a baggage of lies, would you still trust her to be your second half?

I'm not saying she should stay, neither am I saying she should quite. This is because I don't know their personal circumstances. I don't know what could have made the guy to lie and how long he planned to keep up with it. I don't know the sacrifices both have made for each other in the past. I don't know how much time, energy and other resources they've invested in the relationship before now. So whether she stays afterwards or not depends all these and also on her personality: can she deal with the knowledge that her partner once harboured such a secret or will that always creep up every now and then and make her feel uncomfortable or unsure of his words? This kind of thing could hurt for long and she will blame herself if she decides to stay and later discover more lies.

Let her follow her heart and even if her final decision leads to regrets, she should take solace in the fact that she did what she felt was the right thing at the moment. As humans, we can only work with the limited knowledge we have as no one knows the future.

Cc: kingemaker
that's true, trust is the pillar of of every relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by oka4mt: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2020
I lied abt my age to my gal too for good reasons though, but wen ever we talk deep about trust in our relationship, i usually tell her that i have lied to her earlier in our relationship but i will let the cat out of the basket wen i think its right, so she actually found out b4 i told her but she kept it to herself, cried about it and told her close friend, but i suspected she had discovered it cos i gave her my documents sometime last year, i chose to wave it and still wait for the right time, relationship went smoothly but she acted up once or twice with out saying a word about her discovery, so we continued till this year wen she kept asking me of the secret i was going to tell her.
wen i felt she was strong enough and the relationship has passed a delicate stage i told her, she cried in my arms and asked questions which i answered convincingly and assured her that age means nothing to me, i am actually attracted to older ladies.
we agreed that no one outside her friend and my friend would know of this, not even her family nor mine.
The relationship has continued to flourish and we always work together no matter the circumstance.
she is 4years, 8months older than me. she still respects and adore me and vise versa.

1 Like

Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by juniorstar(m): 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
if he actually increased his age and he knows he real age and still decided to be in a relationship with her two things are involved 1 he really loves her and wants to be with her. 2 he wants to chop and clean mouth but in my view why go try all DAT stress. this one DAT d gal is telling u all due @ op hope u no dey reason her mata!!! I rest my case.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by BluntNigerian: 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2020
kingemaker:

No, they started dating 2 months after they met two years ago. Meaning, dude has been keeping this lie to himself since that time.
What lie?? She never mentioned that she asked, and that means that she never cared to know..
From the post, it was clear that none of their discussions had ever led to them talking about their ages.
So, what lie are we talking about?
I blame the lady for being over-assuming.
Re: Boyfriend Lied About His Age by Small080(m): 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

If at 28, you found out your supposed 22 year old girlfriend is actually 30, how would you react?

Una no dey imagine the problem like say na una own problem before dishing advice. Why?
Oga, since I dey fu*k am before and nothing happen... I will continue to fu*k her and marry her.... who that age help,
Oga my gf older than i with 3 years, she lied and I found out the fact and I pretend I don't know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bride Fights Back Tears After Serving Husband Drink During Her Wedding (Video) / Woman Set To Wed Man Whose Facebook Messages She Ignored For 2 Years (Photos) / 15 Guys Secret Every Lady Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.