Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,987 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want (41215 Views)

Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
goodnessme1:
But you should first remove log in your eyes before removing speck in another man.
The way you have been removing yours. The thread pain you. Osu grin
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
Halifaxguy:

A culture that dehumanize your fellow humans, is that a culture to uphold or put in high esteem? Who are you to label God's creatures as unfit to mingle with their fellow humans? Any igbo man or woman encouraging and supporting this osu caste system are not any different from Satan himself. All good people both igbo and non igbos should rise up and condemn this osu caste system. This osu caste system is just pure hatred to your fellow humans. God must surely judge those who harbors hatred to their fellow humans.
My brother, it is a shame on a race like that .
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by AMvanquish: 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2020
Halifaxguy:

A culture that dehumanize your fellow humans, is that a culture to uphold or put in high esteem? Who are you to label God's creatures as unfit to mingle with their fellow humans? Any igbo man or woman encouraging and supporting this osu caste system are not any different from Satan himself. All good people both igbo and non igbos should rise up and condemn this osu caste system. This osu caste system is just pure hatred to your fellow humans. God must surely judge those who harbors hatred to their fellow humans.

And some will still go to church on Sunday and pretend to love thy brother like you love thy self.
I see some comments justifying the practice.
In 2020, this is just a very very backward practice..
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by harmony75: 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
racism is a very terrible thing, descrimnating against your fellow human being. I really feel sad � about this osu thing. God created us we too want to claim God the creator

1 Like

Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
Lamasta:
God did not create anyone to be a slave man made it themselves...

All lives matter

Stop the osu system
Never, OSU, Ohu can ever be equal to diala cheesy
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
omoharry:
Abeg shift go one corner jor!! .."Our fore fathers knows better" ko. Our fore fathers were men that who ignorant and limited to thier little kingdom & thier archaic way of lives as at that time . I do not blame them becos they did not know any better but I blame your kind and that of your fathers that are educated and still practicing this barbaric custome.

You must be filling cool with your self for being part of the free born and the joy it gives you in looking down on another due to what your wicked society has conditioned them to be for a life time ..

If our fore fathers knew any better and their generation after them are expected to abide by the very practices they left behind, then by now there won't be any twins in our society.This is becos in those days twins were considered as bad omen to thier parents and thus must be killed according to laws of the land . Now does that practices sound alright to you ?? Or does the practice of human sacrifice that was once part of our religious rite, so as to appease the gods of our fore fathers a normal thing to you in recent times ? Have these dark practices not been abolished ? So why are still hanging on to this archaic practices that is design to demean another and strip them of thier dignity in the very society they call their own ? Why ?

I pray that in your next life, you should be born an Osu /Ohu, so that you can have a taste of the bitter pill of been called an Osu and suffer thesame fate these people go under go in every areas of thier lives . Wicked soul .
He's is one of them, he should go home and ask his father.
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by middlebelter(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2020
Bkayyy:

Everybody likes to quench the smoke in another person's house while their village is on fire.
It's like the new thread in Nigeria is attacking Igbo customs and traditions while a young man is about to be hanged for ordinary religion and women can't be allowed to dress the way they like in North by Hisbah all because of religion.
Whereas in South West, the supposed female yoruba monarch that to them symbolizes their equality in gender is not allowed to be with a man talkless of marrying and giving birth.
Everybody in Nigeria is now a Nelson Mandela on Igbo Culture

Keep defending the obnoxious practice in the 21st century just because you and your family are lucky not to fall into that category. Sadly, history have a funny way of repeating itself and the master today may become subject tomorrow. If you doubt this, look at the house of Portpha and Joseph in the Bible and perhaps Obj imprisoned by Abacha only for the decendants of Abacha to watch Obj sworn in twice as president that has power to robe then into issues that could lead them to jail. What is bad is bad.

1 Like

Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
ajl:
Imagine! Those crying marginalization are also marginalizing others among themselves. See how Karma work.
E weak me die grin
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by PreyingMantis(m): 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2020
OdefaGirl:
I've not heard about them in my own area, hope we've abolished it though... for our own good.
Who abolished it?
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by yemi1504: 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2020
Eriokanmi:
anyone called osu should just come to edo and marry any of my sisters. And when he becomes rich, he must not contribute a dime in igboland. He should leave them and their useless age-long belief which isn't proven scientifically or religiously. Naxo dem call Philip Emeagwali family an osu. The man, as rich as he is today with so much recognitions globally, refused to do anything in igboland. Damn osu nonsense

Your Edoh sisters that scam people and love money past their lives? Taahhhh! Take it back!

1 Like

Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by yemi1504: 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2020
sesan85:

In fairness, everyone knows Igbo girls are the greatest, biggest prostitutes in Nigeria. Infact the Lingua Franca after English at most Nigerian brothels is Igbo. Even your Director Kanu once claimed that "99% of Igbo girls are prostitutes."

That is clearly not true, I have met a lot of Igbo girls that are very decent. Not true at all!
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
PreyingMantis:
Go and marry her at your own peril. You want to make yourself and your family Osu abi? Because woman don finish for Igboland... Jisike nna
Spit on you.
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

He's a known Igbo hating bigot, so his intentions for creating this thread are obvious!

Igbo haters that see nothing wrong with Igbos being gunned down in cold blood are now falling over themselves to come and cry more than the bereaved!
Shut up jor, you are OSU, OSU you shall remain cheesy
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
goodnessme1:
You don't know them.

Is not that they care and love Igbos but them what to exhibit their hatred.
Yes, I don't care or love Igbo, I am here to mock and spit on you. Deal with it. Ndewo o ndi osu
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by PreyingMantis(m): 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
wizzakosh:
Spit on you.
Spit on your miserable self and learn to face your South-Waste
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
PDJT:
-Blue3k have started another anti-Igbo thread. Is that jealousy that I perceive from here or just inbuilt IgboPhobia?

-Man, you’re truly a waste of space. grin

-Meanwhile, I thought you’re from Akwa Ibom, where babies & women are still being killed for their “wizardry and witches abilities”?
Hahahahaha, e plain them. Ndi osu
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
PDJT:
[s][/s]

-Clean your room first before trying to save the world. Did your mother not tell you that?
His room is cleaned, let us clean ndi osu and ndi ohu grin
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
PreyingMantis:
Spit on your miserable self and learn to face your South-Waste
I spit on the worthless unfortunate womb that produce a low life slave like you. I will continue to mock you. Ndi osuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Spit.

E pain am hahahahaha. Sacrifice materials. Spit.
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol the people doing that criminals and should be jailed or sentenced to death. Doing hard to children is always evil. How's this thread anti Igbo anyway? You guys lack reading comprehension skills.
I tell you, they need to stone them all to death in the public. What a worthless evil race.
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
PDJT:
[s][/s]

-I thought you’re from Akwa ibom?
And so. Akwa ibom are not backward like you People
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by PreyingMantis(m): 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2020
debbydams:
more reason why I cant marry an ibo man
Igbo men hardly marry dirty Yoruba girls... It's always the Yoruba guys killing themselves over Igbo women. Stop giving yourself too much credit for nothing
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2020
candidtalk:

Lol. "I am ashamed of the backward ways of my people" would suffice instead of the silly excuses you produce above to validate what is not seen in most regions of Nigeria.
All what he wrote is balderdash. We know the truth. Even their Achebe cried a lot over it. These people are just Shameless
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by PreyingMantis(m): 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2020
wizzakosh:
I spit on the worthless unfortunate womb that produce a low life slave like you. I will continue to mock you. Ndi osuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Spit.

E pain am hahahahaha. Sacrifice materials. Spit.
You hate the Osu caste system, yet you're using it to make mockery of others. Such hypocrisy. Stay on your lane and mind your ewedu ati amala business
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
PreyingMantis:
Igbo men hardly marry dirty Yoruba girls... It's always the Yoruba guys killing themselves over Igbo women. Stop giving yourself too much credit for nothing
Hahaha, we all saw it here when one OSU was chased out of plane because of pungent smell. See OSU life outside hahahaha. Ndi osu ooooo.

She can't marry a lowlife like you. A dirty lazy haggard like you.
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2020
PreyingMantis:
You hate the Osu caste system, yet you're using it to make mockery of others. Such hypocrisy. Stay on your lane and mind your ewedu ati amala business
If you have money to buy Amala and Ewedu, you won't be this miserable and your life won't be in tatared like this.

Amala is not a worthless food like your smelly akpu that is worthless. Something people buy for as low as 50 Naira.

I don't eat such barbaric smelly substance. The same it oozes makes me vomit.
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
[quote author=imhotep post=93921538][/quote]Ndi OSU ajoka hahaha
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
PDJT:
[s][/s]
Cancel from now till thy kingdom comes, the truth can't be hidden grin cheesy
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 14, 2020
Nwaotu10:
Point of correction, osu has nothing to do with slaves . they're not slaves, please.
They're the people dedicated to the gods in the ancient days.
Shut up, they are slaves. Are you osu cheesy
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

Almajiri...Osu is far superior to you...House Negro.
Superior ko, superstory no Hahaha, OSU
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 14, 2020
NgwalandAbia:
Foolish people, when the great Igbo race warned the rest of the country that Buhari is an offspring of illegal immigrants with nothing upstirs they did not heed the advise and went ahead to vote the animal thinking they will subdue us.

They failed and now they are feeling the heat, we the great Igbo race kept progressing because we can't pay a price of what we are not part of, this is just the begining..by the time this foolish man from Futa jalon is done with his fellow Janjeweed and Ewudu muslims, their brain will be reseted and they will sell their ancestral lands to us for a living.
This is superstory, a live of strife and sorrow.
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
ChangedMan1999:

Bro stop it.

This people will insult us, but they only shield we have is to ignore the insults.

The more you respond them, the more this eyesore post will be popular.

By the way, the person that brought this to the front page is mischievous.

So he should hide it abi. Lies, the OSUs and ohus must be freed
Re: Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want by Eriokanmi: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
yemi1504:

Your Edoh sisters that scam people and love money past their lives? Taahhhh! Take it back!
dem don scam you before grin. Make i no talk shaa

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife / Masquerades Spotted Buying Ice Cream On The Road (Photos) / Black girl says Somalis & Ethiopians Are Beautiful Because Of their Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.